Every Venus and Pluto aspect is intense, with spooky subtones and life force to burn. Venus square Pluto is the most potent.
This is the case whether it is a natal aspect, between two people (synastry), occurring in real time or as a transit from Pluto to your natal Venus.
It is a hot catalyst of a natal aspect or synastry between two people. It’s karmic, cathartic and sexually super-charged.
It’s a guaranteed trigger point for compulsive but evidently destined love affairs, libido reboots, and obsessive, amazing makeovers.
When you’re born with it or it is a tight aspect between you and another person, you or that relationship are a catalyst in motion, with stagnation and inauthenticity the only taboos.
Venus rules creativity, fashion, and beauty as well as romance. Venus-Pluto people can not and will not wear/create/consume an aesthetic they don’t feel in their bones.
Once a lifetime – if that – Pluto will square your Venus. This is often a time when you enjoy (?) an over the top life-altering, self-actualizing off-the-passion-Richter scale karmic crush or relationship.
As Pluto is a slow-moving outer planet, such a transit can take up to two years to play out. When Pluto squares Venus, you morph into a rut-busting endorphin machine. The side effects? Spiritual growth at Warp Speed and intense chemistry. They can become Reset Romances, that help set you back into being your authentic self.
But Venus squares Pluto frequently. Think power-tripper relationship politics, sexual grudge flashpoint, karmic-echo encounters, extreme dating and fast-tracked transformation via sex or love.
It usually occurs twice a year and is a good window of opportunity for de-stagnating a situation that has become too stuck.
Anyone you meet when Venus is square Pluto likely IS someone you have known before. There is an element of fate to the encounter for sure. But remember the rules!
Venus Square Pluto Must-Knows
(1) Just because something is “karmic” does not mean it is a healthy or desirable relationship. “It’s Karmic” has become a bit like the new “It’s Complicated.” Try to retain normal, functional relationship rules – eg: that you don’t emotionally over-invest in unavailable people.
(2) No obsession, no stalking, no tequila texting if you can help it. Aim to enjoy the passion and transformative potential without becoming consumed by it. Unresolved sexual tension and incredible intellectual/spiritual connections that cannot – for whatever reason – be consumated – are a common Pluto-Venus experience. Sometimes people realize years later that the point of the thing was not that the attraction had to turn into a pair bond but the metamorphosis it sparked.
(3) Venus square Pluto occurs twice a year and it’s an atmosphere when everyone is more likely to seek more. Venus square Pluto people and relationships are naturally wired that way. Pluto square Venus transits are your deal. So don’t expect unilateral applause when, Pluto-powered and not to trot, you charge into a dangerous Love Triangle or become unable to handle what you’re suddenly seeing as fake intimacy within a relationship.
(4) A good deal of the intensity being generated may be because you are greeting your True Self once again. However whether they become official partnerships or not, attractions that spring up during Pluto-Venus transits or when people have this sort of synastry between them are unforgettable. They have a half life that goes on forever, like the ember of an alien element glowing in the psyche.
(5) Esoterically, Pluto-Venus relationships run between lives and so you re-encounter one another again and again.