Do you have the Solstice blues? Summer or Winter solstice, the longest night or Midsummer, it doesn’t matter. The Solstice blues are seasonally agnostic, and if you’ve felt unusually strange within the last 24 hours, you could be influenced by this phenom.
If so, you’d be nervy but worried that you’d lost your nerve, restless but struck by ennui, and/or experiencing vertigo or a sense of being off-balance that feels practically existential. It’s like a more profound version of when the atmospheric pressure drops pre-storm.
A Solstice is an extreme astro-event: the word literally means ‘Sun standing still,’ and even though that’s only from our perspective on Earth, the illusion occurs because the poles of the Earth are at maximum tilt. Additionally, shortly after the December solstice, Earth reaches perihelion, when it’s the closest it can be to the Sun.
A Solstice Is An Extreme Astro-Event
If you’re at all cosmobiologically sensitive, you’ll switch to high alert without missing a beat and the most accentuated sensory organ? Your hearing. It’s acute at this time, scanning for shifts in magnetic fields and atmospheric pressure. This accentuates auditory phenoms such as vertigo or tinnitus. It would be an edgy few days in even the most idyllic environment or society.
But now? With Saturn-Uranus at peak Grand Irrationality, high Solar Winds/an impending geomagnetic storm, electro-smog, and cognitive dissonance from Christmas with vax/pandemic politics? It’s tough. Astrologically, Venus and Mars are both amped up to max: Mars in Saggo wants to pull a gigantic genius gamble kind of a move, and the Plutonic retro-Venus is a passion regenerator.
Infuriatingly, they’re thwarted – for now – by the Saturn-Uranus s**t-fight. This, with the maximum tilt of the Solstice, is difficult. At the Solstice, you see everything, and if you don’t, you’re usually shown it. Only the most muffled of people have no awareness at this time, but the more you’re aware, the edgier you are.
Edgy & Re-Orienting
The ideal Solstice experience is when you re-orient your perspective, wow out at whatever you’re grokking, and then act. It’s normally a lot easier to channel the vibe. You would not, for example, be concerned that your industry/suburb/workplace, whatever might be shut down at any moment, or expected to discuss antibody-dependent enhancement with your relatives over Xmas lunch.
Still, whatever. It may not be obvious by the meta-bats media and news flow, but I believe that something has tipped – tilted – within the echelons of power, and it will be evident over the coming weeks, certainly by the perihelion (Earth at the closest point to the Sun) on January 5. Meanwhile, I have some suggestions for the Solstice Blues.
How To Alleviate The Solstice Blues
(1) Realize that delayed daring ventures or would-be hot relationships are banking massive reserves of energy – they’re not losing anything by the fact you cannot implement them as quickly as you want. They could even be gaining.
(2) In terms of the intense geomagnetic/solar winds scenario, we are just at the start of Solar Cycle 25, and it is looking as if it will be more potent than those in recent history. If you read any of the previous takes on this, you’ll see that there are benefits but maintaining your personal mineral (calcium, magnesium, etc.) and electrolytes balance is vital. I’m obviously not a medical practitioner, and I’m not sure how far you’d get if you tried to talk to a doctor about heightened solar activity and your cell voltage but know thyself.
(3) As this Solstice energy is so extreme – and yes, it is in play for the next several days – it’s easy to spiral up into over-thought. A really basic but effective antidote? Small talk. Stay off the freaky-googling trail – your imagination does not need extra dark material – and strike up a dialogue about your dog, coffee beans, mascara, art you like, etc. It’s not about the past, politics, or future – it exists in its own little dimension and in an oblique kind of a way; it’s curative.
(4) If you can handle the off-balance sensation – the tilt – and heightened, definitive perceptions, the Solstice season is a fantastic force for converging your focus. Summon your solar strength of will and perhaps some additional guidance from Sol/Apollo. After all, that’s what multiple ancient temples were for. You probably don’t have time to build a mini-Stonehenge in your bathroom, but you can find the exact direction of the Sun and angle yourself to face that direction next time you’re conjuring up new oomph, right?
(5) If you’re a meditator, yogi, or chakra kind of a character, think solar-plexus!