Moonopolis

The New Moon is ten hours away as I write*- this is the Dark Moon in Taurus. Dark Moons are always fab for relinquishing whatever you don’t need, whether you’re clearing out a clutter magnet of a cupboard detoxing your email folders** or dropping a grudge.

But we’re talking about a Taurus Dark Moon here. If you’re Taurean or you’ve ever encountered a Taurus, you know their relationship with things is highly charged. That junk drawer could contain treasure so why are you plundering it? Their strange messages they store? A dossier. Who else but Taurus could chronicle the Zeitgeist from the layers of stata in their head/hidden folders?

And if you think an emotion cannot count as a possession, recalibrate. Sigmund Freud – the ‘father of psychoanalysis’ was a quadruple Taurus – Sun, Uranus, Pluto and Mercury. One of his core beliefs is that nothing is ever discarded. They hang out in your psychic basement, permanent influencers or, perhaps, saboteurs.

Whether you’re Taurus or you’re any sign during a Dark Moon in Taurus, you know it’s a good thing to let go but what if – say – your resentment might come in handy one day? Like an Allen key? It’s a struggle.

FYI: The alternative name for an Allen key is the Hex key and the etymology of “hex” has nothing to do with curses – it leads straight back to the Dutch ‘heks’ and from there to Hekate and Heka.

If you’re edgy with this Moon, like you know something has to shift but you’re not sure what it is, I am sending out the Daily Mystic early – soon – with a Clarity in 50 seconds exercise from Pythagoras. Yes, the mathematician/mystic.

And for the rest of this year, any Taurus, Leo, Scorpio or Aquarius Moon stirs up the Saturn-Uranus square. Congratulations if you’re hurtling around doing/being two paradigms that are technically incompatible – you’re not only au fait with the astro-trends, you’re formulating something fresh.

*Mega Mystic Members – I am uploading a little rave re this on the members page shortly.

**The only reason to keep merde-vibing messages is if you need them for legal purposes – otherwise they’re like a bad spell lurking in your phone or computer. Once you’ve established that you genuinely require these, print them out and put them in a protected (magically) box – metal is good, or a manilla folder with silver insulating material around it.

Mariposa
Mariposa
May 12, 2021 3:07 pm

This year the Taurus Dark Moon falls smack bang on my South Node… It’s always a bit of a sh*t time of year – as a teen i would get depressed and cry without understanding why, but since finding astrology i sort of get it why and can at least plan around it. It feels like being “in the woods”…dark and cloaked in fog, with a sense of heaviness about it…then the dark earth just gobbles you up & you sink into it and fall asleep, wake for a bit – go “ugh..” and fall into sleep again. In short… Read more »

Last edited 1 month ago by Mariposa
May 12, 2021 4:53 pm
Reply to  Mariposa

I’m a bit confused.

So when the moon went over my traditional Taurus north node I was exhausted. It felt very plutonic. Like deep subconscious shifts to me.

So this would make me believe in Mystics version that my north node in Taurus is really in Scorpio. I even found a snake skin to signal the transformation.

But hey, everyone is different.

May 12, 2021 12:38 pm

I will be experiencing a Uranus transit to my natal Taurus in the 3rd house next week.

Apparently this occurs only every 84 years. Yikes.

My moon is also conjunct my mainstream north node. But as I live in Australia it’s really my South node.

My natal Uranus is in Virgo conjunct Pluto in Virgo 7th house.

Thoughts anyone?

🙃

May 12, 2021 12:46 pm

My natal Taurus moon is opposite Neptune in Scorpio 9th house.

My natal moon makes a trine with said Uranus and Pluto. This orb is less than 3 degrees.

The conjunct between the north/South node and moon is 8 degrees.

Last edited 1 month ago by Wish Upon a Star
Earthstar
Earthstar
May 12, 2021 12:48 pm

Congrats on Uranus visit, Wish !🦄 If it is of any use, I have found my Uranus transits are all linked thematically. E.g. Got together with husband when Uranus conjuncted natal Mars/MC; we moved across the continent with wee family when it conjuncted my sun; and just now with its opposition we had a major transaction linked to the last move (all positive, knock-on-wood). Am sure I could find other e.g.’s but Uranus I have found rivals Jupiter in gifts. Good luck ! X

May 12, 2021 1:27 pm
Reply to  Earthstar

Gifts : sounds good !

Just a bit worried as it is my moon and Uranus : emotional upheaval to a stubborn moon 🌒?

Earthstar
Earthstar
May 12, 2021 3:19 pm

Yeah, I empathise. The moon can pull on the heartstrings a bit, huh. Not sure – my moon is in Gemini so much harder to make definitive observations, in air. Taurus moon sounds velvety chocolate ! I hope Ur. brings you this.😊

May 12, 2021 4:33 pm
Reply to  Earthstar

I’ll concentrate on the velvet chocolate.

Talking of velvety chocolate. I just had some Darrel Lea chocolate today. It’s Australia s version of Lindt chocolate. Or is it American?

Who cares it tastes divine.

😋

Earthstar
Earthstar
May 12, 2021 6:38 pm

Oh we LOVE the Darrel Lea at our place – my husband loves the liquorice chocolate !! I am not supposed to have dairy (turns me into Kafka’s cockroach) but if I can have two squares of the salted caramel one (you know, of the bars ??) then that is it. My life is complete. Yeah, let’s focus on that for your Uranus-Moon tick-tack 😉 – doesn’t Moon represent comfort foods? 😉

May 13, 2021 1:52 pm
Reply to  Earthstar

Yes it does.

I bought the licorice and aniseed in the bar.

One row and I’m satisfied.

May 12, 2021 1:24 pm

1st sentence should read: Uranus transit to my natal Taurus moon 3rd house.

Mariposa
Mariposa
May 12, 2021 3:42 pm

Hey Wish. I also have natal Taurus moon – 3′ in the 6th house. As Uranus is slower moving you will have been feeling the effects of this for some months already and for some months to come. The ‘exact’ date of the transit is less significant i find that the entire period it covers – and that will include retrograde back & forths… For me it came with a big “pulling out of the rug beneath me” and it began around 3 degrees out, tho there were ‘inklings’ – or rather rumblings – of it coming. What was very… Read more »

Last edited 1 month ago by Mariposa
May 12, 2021 4:28 pm
Reply to  Mariposa

Thanks Mariposa. You know there are alot of changes happening around me to my friends. I won’t go into it but it involves sickness, death and marriage. As much as I love these friends I am becoming aware of how these things are affecting my well being. I’ve had enough. I am beginning to see that I need a certain balance with my detachment to maintain my well being. I am recovering from early breast cancer, mastectomy a year ago, chemo and radiation. I am 54 this June. It’s like I’m watching the Tower card in action around me, and… Read more »

cynthia
cynthia
May 13, 2021 7:19 am

Yes I am with you on this one. Lots of my friends recently stepped into sh*t and I started to feel I couldn’t take it on. I also had the guilts of feeling that I was a fair weather friend. What you say in your last paragraph about being true to yourself and looking after yourself is key. Our/your friends will soak up this vibe of deep inner peace which they will see as our gift of relationship with them. Of course, it is nice for them to feel our compassion and empathy, have our ear and hear our pearls… Read more »

May 13, 2021 1:49 pm
Reply to  cynthia

Serendipity.

I’m glad I gave form to my words as they have started something and given me reassurance, guidance and joy.

Thanks for your thoughts and reassurance Cynthia.

I watched my triple Pisces tarot lady today and she just mirrored what I am going through in her reading….. more reassurance.

These words she spoke are gold……

How about becoming the person you WISH to be and experiencing your hearts 💓 desires.

Relax and recharge. The call for answer will come later.

x.

May 12, 2021 4:42 pm
Reply to  Mariposa

Taurus Grandmother sounds like a gift.

I won’t worry, thanks for that advice.

Yes the remedy is grounding and self care.

embarkons7
embarkons7
May 12, 2021 3:39 am

More reports from the dark moon dream temple: I had a wild and complex dream that felt less like something from the symbolic and emotional realm and more like a short story or screenplay unfolding before my eyes. I was walking through the vestibule of an apartment where I was about to start a sublet when I fainted and a tall, gray older man caught me. When I went upstairs I passed him again in the corridor— and inside the apartment the man I was going to stay with/was renting from told me that his next-door neighbor had just died.… Read more »

May 12, 2021 12:17 am

This morning I woke up with a beautiful, very famous opera piece in my head that I love, yet could not for the life of me, remember the name of. So I’ve been hunting through Classical Spotify, and finally found that it was The Flower Duet at the opening of Lakmé: “Context of the Flower Duet The Brahmin high priest, Nilakantha, has been forbidden to practice his religion when British forces arrive in the city. Secretly, he leads a group of people back the temple to worship. Nilakantha’s daughter, Lakme, stays behind with her servant, Mallika, gathering flowers to prepare… Read more »

May 12, 2021 1:22 am

My “booth” will be a cloud, exactly 23 ft above, in the air, resplendent with blooming gardenias.. And I’ll have a glowing orb necklace that secretly transmits Morpheus’ direct essence into the room.

5thHouseCap
5thHouseCap
May 12, 2021 5:58 am
Reply to  AlpheccasJove

LOVED your dream…I will look up the operetta. 🙂 Very appropriately, Frank Tichelli’s Earth Song has been the background score of my mind as I did my new moon rituals. 🙂

5thHouseCap
5thHouseCap
May 12, 2021 5:59 am
Reply to  5thHouseCap

When I said dream…I am assuming you dreamt of the opera piece. But if not, its even cooler!

May 12, 2021 6:57 am
Reply to  5thHouseCap

None of it was dream. 🙂

The song was non stop in my head shortly after waking this morning, and it took ages pressing play on loads of songs, on loads of “best of classical” lists on Spotify before I found it. lol

Was very delighted at it’s Venusian, Taurean lyrics, and it’s connection to my late night perfume.

May 12, 2021 7:02 am
Reply to  AlpheccasJove

(I love Classical music, and listen to it regularly, but have never bothered with the names of almost anything I’m listening to, so though I love this piece, I genuinely had no idea what it was ever called, so wasn’t even looking for a name to pop out. I searched through my own classical playlists, and when it wasn’t there narrowed it down to type, voices, how many voices, & popularity, and then just kept pressing play through several very long playlists. 😉 )

5thHouseCap
5thHouseCap
May 12, 2021 7:45 am
Reply to  AlpheccasJove

Just listened to it in the divine voice of Katherine Jenkins. Very addictive! Thanks for sharing. And if you had not translated it, I would never have paid attention to the beautiful lyrics. ❤

May 13, 2021 9:04 am
Reply to  5thHouseCap

Yes, Katherine Jenkins with Kiri Te Kanawa! It is stirringly ‘addictive’, isn’t it? I also went and listened to Frank Tichelle. Thanks for the intro. And yeah, now knowing the lyrics to the opening song, I’m totally keen to check out the rest of the Opera(and it’s translations).

5thHouseCap
5thHouseCap
May 14, 2021 6:32 am
Reply to  AlpheccasJove

I am glad you liked Earth Song. Its funny how appropriate classical music is for various moods, without actually knowing the context or background of the music. I can bet that I will addictively listen to Hugo Alfven’s Midsommarvaka nonstop from next month, when I haven’t played it for months!

Last edited 1 month ago by 5thHouseCap
May 14, 2021 9:08 pm
Reply to  AlpheccasJove

My eternal thanks for introducing me to this well-known aria but freshly sung in the pure voices of these ‘dames’ (said in french, not the NY kind). The audio, even on my phone just now, is Glory. Must mention: so many celebs train to be a triple-threat, and i have been wondering which song might open different celebs’ throats to the sweetness of their sound.

Mariposa
Mariposa
May 12, 2021 3:54 pm
Reply to  AlpheccasJove

Beautiful..! Listening now – it’s a piece i know well from a soundtrack i have on vinyl (Jean-Jacques Beineix’s DIVA). I had also never read the translation…and have (early) Taurus moon…and a gorgeous Jasmine scented candle (Neptune in the first too 🌸🕯). What a lovely thing to envision right now, thanks for sharing 😊

May 13, 2021 9:43 am
Reply to  Mariposa

Yes, I’m pretty sure that it was through films I first know of it. And advertisements! Which I didn’t realize, but in looking it up, when that was mentioned, I don’t remember the products, but absolutely remember having heard it on tv. And hello, Taurean/Neptunian comrade! 🙂