The Gemini Man Mating + Dating Protocols

The Gemini Man is like the astrological version of one of those particles that does nothing that the particle physicists expect it to do. He is a quantum anomaly and the bane of people with rational relationship expectations.

If you’re one of those people, you may find this succinct mating and dating protocol helpful.

# They’re “Always” The Normal One
Specializing in eloquent explanations for more or less anything, their weirdness is under the radar. The less socially accomplished Aquarians and Saggos cop all the flack for strange behaviour. Regardless of whatever fuqery they pulled, years later your friends/family will often recall the Gemini man as ‘the wonderful one.’

# They’ll Never Ghost You
Seriously, they won’t. They prefer poltergeisting. Online or offline, they can hover attractively for decades, never disappearing but never fully appearing either. It’s not only a dating phenom – people have been married to phantom Geminis. Their internal algorithm alerts them when someone is about to disengage and they suddenly initiate intense ‘what about us?’ dialogue, leave breadcrumb trails all over social media or suggest you and they commit to intensive relationship therapy. The latter is particularly disconcerting when you haven’t seen them in real life for five years but don’t worry, it’s only a construct.

#The Real Them…
..is likely to change at any moment, without notice or explanation. Asking a Gemini to be/display/describe their ‘real self’ can be perceived as an insult. What real self? When? Who is the beholder and what is reality? Air + Mutable = Wind. Do you demand that the breeze stand still and define where it’s going or the process that turns it into a tornado?

#What The Gemini Man Seeks In A Lover
Brains and Elusiveness. Consciously or not, they’re Muse-addicted. Think of how the poet W.B. Yeats was unrequitedly in love with Maud Gonne for decades, with the poetry he churned out while yearning for her becoming famous. They consumated the affair and bam: it was over. Shortly after he proposed marriage to her daughter. They like puzzles, mysterious absences, love triangles and youthful dating dynamics.

Thoughts?

*Why now? The upcoming Eclipse Season/Mars fuqery/Mercury Retro phenom will exaggarate everything inexplicable about these characters. Why Gemini men? Traditionally, gnarly Mars action influences men the most.

Images: The Gemini Man (1976) – A television show that ran for just five episodes before being canned. The “Gemini” is secret agent Sam Casey who, via a mysterious DNA stabilizing watch, is able to be invisible for 15 minutes every day.

Geo Gemini
Geo Gemini
May 5, 2021 5:05 pm

Wow!

Last edited 10 days ago by Geo Gemini
Clavdia C
Clavdia C
May 3, 2021 12:46 am

Can anyone tell this is true for a Gem moon? Aqua sun/Cap Mars. (Any chance he won’t disappear when the victorian dating rituals of covid are no longer creating an attractive distance?) (I know, astro can’t tel me it’s going to be ok. But has anyone stayed with a Gem moon? Can distance help?) Re Yeats: yes he pursued her relentlessly and proposed marriage to her daughter which, gross, but he did still pursue her after consumation. Have studied this extensively after my last guy, Libra, Neptunian contacts, told me I was his Maud Gonne. And I was like, no,… Read more »

Last edited 13 days ago by Clavdia C
May 3, 2021 9:56 pm
Reply to  Clavdia C

Hi Clavdia, in my experience, Air signs can be very devoted to a relationship, as they are often devoted to ideals. I do think that for Gemini, flirting can be a bit like oxygen, a way to experience the endless variety and magic of life…

H1L0
H1L0
May 2, 2021 3:32 pm

I am a multi Pisces with loads of Earth and most of my partners have been Gemini’s. As I learned more about astro I think my Aqua Venus and Aries Mercury loves the witty banter, intelligence and aloofness of de Gems. I have nothing in Gemini except the asteroid Karma so perhaps thats it. My geisty Gem came in and out of my life for a decade until I called it. My bro is also a Gem and he the master of no 3 in the list, what I like to call the Gemini 180. I am now with a… Read more »

Aqualeo
Aqualeo
May 2, 2021 8:14 am

This post has inspired some really insightful responses. I fell those of us who ‘know’ the Gem have been touched deeply by it. And yet they can often be mailigned and accused of superfrippery. I love them personally and they are the ONLY ones you can be friends with after you split up (which of course you will). The Gems thank you Mystic.

garland
garland
May 2, 2021 1:48 am

spot on.

Libra Moon Conjunct Pluto
Libra Moon Conjunct Pluto
May 2, 2021 12:46 am

I can’t even! You nailed it, Mystic!

Skarab
Skarab
May 1, 2021 10:42 pm

Great advice.They make great friends (fab gossips & have a vast cast net of interests) but personally, not partner material. I know quite a few Gem men, & in my 20s had relationships with a couple (one even lasted 5 yrs) but got on much better with them after we split – they found me much more alluring then. We are still friends 40 yrs later through correspondence, at which they excel, mixing wit & pathos beautifully. Totally spot on about being muse-addicted. They’re either pining for some future love, or for one that they screwed up. In the latter… Read more »

May 2, 2021 12:51 am
Reply to  Skarab

‘If they’re not honing their talents into something, anything – they get the blues more than any sign i know & suffer from persistent bouts of existential angst.’ So true Skarab

isa
isa
May 3, 2021 11:56 pm
Reply to  Skarab

I second to that, Skarab. stellium in 3rd house, including sun and mercury, and north node in gemini. depression caused by a sense of futility and/or lack of meaning is always round the corner.

Scorpittarius
Scorpittarius
May 1, 2021 10:17 pm

So dang true! I’ve loved 2 Gemini. Go figure: 2! lol. One clinged to my scorp/sag rising self like he was addicted; the other was a poltergeist indeed. I truly adored the poltergeist tbh. 7 years of on/off with the poltergeist who told me “don’t fall in love with me.” Most intense sex of my life and poof, he just disappeared. At least I have stories for the grandkids.

sphinx
sphinx
May 1, 2021 7:39 pm

This is too funny!! Lovely, smart and original post. My lovely Gem is Aqua Rising, Moon in Cancer. He is currently road testing all-in-one tent beds with his dad and one son in the back yard. I think they are all on their phones but listening to crickets and birds. He isn’t well represented by Gem descriptions because of his Moon, though he has Merc, Venus, Sun, Sat in Gem. His work provides all the puzzles and pattern-sorting problems he needs, I daresay this transit will be put to good use in that area!

NinthHouse
NinthHouse
May 1, 2021 6:00 pm

Just what I needed to read today 🙏🏼

May 1, 2021 5:21 pm

Thank you mystic.

Might this also apply to lunar Gemini men? They’re everywhere rn.

Particularly the Pisces influenced sub-genre. (Jupiter on my 8th house air Mars might have something to do with it.)

Last edited 14 days ago by Sam
Earthstar
Earthstar
May 1, 2021 3:04 pm

Tangentially but not entirely unrelatedly, Mercury conjuncts my Asc & first house today. Thanks for Dr MM for the symptoms checker: 1. A thousand tabs open? Check✔! 2. A zillion ideas on top of natal Gem moon cloud? Check✔! 3. The compulsive need to blab?? (Like, here??) Check✔! Anyway. Am off to use colour pencils on an A3 sheet of paper/read/sew/jig (finished chores too.)

Aqualeo
Aqualeo
May 1, 2021 7:59 am

I Love them! My two children are Gems and my third house is packed with all my planets save two. I find Gem Gems to make the best of friends for me anyway and they are NEVER boring. Great post Mystic!

May 1, 2021 5:35 pm
Reply to  Aqualeo

It’s definitely true that Gemini’s have sparkling personalities, bright and quick minds, and a wonderful way with words. The world would be a gray place without them

May 1, 2021 7:22 am

Love this piece and the visuals, Mystic!
‘Their internal algorithm alerts them when someone is about to disengage and they suddenly initiate intense ‘what about us?’ dialogue’ Exactly what I experienced with my first Gemini lover. I was a twenty-something back then and had been experiencing months of anguish. I was lucky to have mostly disengaged by then…
‘They like… youthful dating dynamics’. Hahaha, so true! My second serious Gemini lover was 55 and 20 years older than me at the time, but it was like dating someone who was in his 20’s, seriously.

Last edited 14 days ago by Calcifer
Earthstar
Earthstar
May 1, 2021 3:14 pm
Reply to  Calcifer

I love the word lover. It’s simple like tinker tailor soldier spy; but also maddeningly complicated, like … croquembouche ??🦜😂

May 1, 2021 7:16 pm
Reply to  Earthstar

Hi Earthstar, it’s true that ‘lover’ is an ambiguous word. And thank you for adding the word ‘croquembouche’ to my vocabulary, lovely! (not a native speaker)

May 1, 2021 6:00 pm
Reply to  Calcifer

Feel like I should add that both Gemini’s had enchanting personalities and I wouldn’t have missed knowing them for the world. Just shouldn’t have tried to pin them down. They were meant to be admired from a distance, like butterflies 🦋🦋

Earthstar
Earthstar
May 1, 2021 8:26 pm
Reply to  Calcifer

Oh I knooww Calcifer, I know – and while not also a native speaker (of either French? Nor Gemini – apart from moon) I have “heard” that they are indeed great lovers & croquembouches, ahem (the closest you’ll evah! get to an admission of youthful adventure from this Taurus rising – tinker tailor candlestick maker. Blah.) Xx

May 1, 2021 8:45 pm
Reply to  Earthstar

You have Moon in Gemini, Earthstar? That would explain your way with words 💫

bellablue66
bellablue66
May 1, 2021 5:19 am

#Neveragain

SheRat
SheRat
May 1, 2021 5:07 am

Amazing timing, Mystic! I have been dating a Gem since before lockdown and I’ve been wondering what will happen now that it’s loosening and we’re jabbed.

Nip
Nip
April 30, 2021 11:19 pm

My father is a Gemini, he is nearly 82 years old with a trail of destruction behind him.

May 1, 2021 7:18 am
Reply to  Nip

Very sad… still I couldn’t suppress a wry chuckle

Last edited 14 days ago by Calcifer
Mistress of Mirrors
Mistress of Mirrors
April 30, 2021 11:17 pm

Feeling this. A Gemini guy from 2015 is back in my life. We have a Sun sextile Sun dynamic and my descendant, South Node and Venus are in Gemini so we vibe, but there are some warning signs and I’m seriously trying to NOT ignore them this time.

lou
lou
April 30, 2021 10:36 pm

I had a moon in Gemini ex. Exactly him. And family and friends remember him as ‘ the wonderful one’s even though he was a womanising cheat and hurt me badly.

JupiterRuled
JupiterRuled
May 1, 2021 2:58 am
Reply to  lou

Same. The gemini moon man fits the above perfectly. My ex had Sag sun and rising, which made it even more weird.

gilded.earth
gilded.earth
April 30, 2021 7:42 pm

Bang on as usual Mystic. My one Gemini sun relationship followed the exact pattern described. He idealised me and tried to muse me to within an inch of my life. I am a multi Taurus and didn’t appreciate the artifice. Sadly said Gem is now no longer here, I suspect he has many scorpionic demons that never came to full light. He would have been in his nearly late 30s now.