When You Write Your Venus Into The Song

Well she’s walking through the clouds
With a circus mind that’s running round.
Butterflies and zebras
And moonbeams and fairy tales
That’s all she ever thinks about.
Riding with the wind.

Jimi Hendrix
“Little Wing”
1967

Hendrix had Venus in Sagittarius, conjunct the Sun, in his 12th House.

So, Venus is a super-influencer in art and aesthetic. Call her the Ultra-Muse.  She also embodies romantic ideals, in this case, Sagittarian/12th House ones.

The 12th House Venus person values the metaphysics of love over practically any other factor – the more grounded in ‘real-life’ it is, the less appealing. Gravity is not a turn-on to them.

And Venus in Sagittarius adores the Mutable people, breezing through the clouds, wind, your head, whatever…

Thoughts?

Image: David Bailey

5 7 votes

January 31, 2021 8:05 am

After following the posts below this particular blog for a few days, I just have to say how much I love this subject! Musicians expressing their Venus through music and words, it’s an endlessly interesting topic, Mystic! 🎼

Earthstar
Earthstar
February 1, 2021 12:28 pm
Reply to  Calcifer

Dear Calcifer, I hope you see this !! Finally replied to your lovely comment below after that heavy full moon – hope you well, beautiful !!❤

February 3, 2021 6:55 am
Reply to  Earthstar

Last week’s full Moon was a heavy one indeed! Good to know you are feeling better. In spite of the heaviness, I found it very interesting to experience the intensely fixed energy of that big full Moon T-square. So different from the hectic, outwardly directed energy from a square in Cardinal signs! In my opinion the fixed energy manifests much more in the body, it felt like an implosion, instead of the typical Cardinal explosion. And sure enough I threw my back out (doing better now 😊)

Last edited 25 days ago by Calcifer
Chrysalis
Chrysalis
January 30, 2021 7:51 pm

I wonder where the Venus in Aquas are? Perhaps it’s the classic country tune, ‘How Can I Miss You When You Won’t Go Away?’ “Haven’t you heard of the hard-to-get game” – hilarious stuff.

January 31, 2021 3:23 am
Reply to  Chrysalis

Hahaha! love that bill hicks song! it’s a fave in this household.  Lockdown and sleeting outside so been trawling through my record collection & found quite a few Venus in Aqua singer song writers: Carole King (multi Aqua): her Tapestry album is predominantly all about friendship, like You’ve got a Friend, So Far Away, Home Again. Janis Joplin’s Kozmic Blues classic Venus in Aqua lines: I ain’t never gonna love you any better baby I’m never gonna love you right So you better take it now, right now, ohh. But my all time favourite is Nina Simone. She didn’t pen many songs (her unique interpretations… Read more »

January 31, 2021 7:57 am
Reply to  Skarab

Nina! Watched the NF documentary ‘What happened Miss Simone’ about her early this January. It felt like she was ‘in the air’, with all the Aqua energy coming in. Her piano playing was beautiful and unique, but she was a tormented soul for sure 🌟

Last edited 28 days ago by Calcifer
Chrysalis
Chrysalis
February 8, 2021 8:35 pm
Reply to  Skarab

OH I only just saw this! A stellar list of Venus in Aqua writers and some of my faves. Tapestry turns 50 this year.

January 29, 2021 6:08 pm

I need to be blonde again – embrace the future with white hair.
The only thing I want to have and hold is Bitcoin
8th house Venus in Leo.

January 30, 2021 3:20 pm
Reply to  Invicta

Still holding off on buying bitcoin although I can’t take too much credit for that. It’s more technical issues and it’s rapidly growing popularity overwhelming the apps than restraint on my part. Fine. I’m in no hurry. Hair is lighter and still in great condition. I chickened out (doing that a lot lately) and washed the mixture of chemicals off my head much sooner than I should have. Concerns for the quality overrode my desire for results. All good. Going slowly is the best way. I’m strawberry blonde now which is fine. The important part for Venus in Leo is… Read more »

January 29, 2021 5:48 pm

This full moon just gone is conjunct my Venus. I’m just starting to enjoy the vibe now. Full moons always make me restless and electrified in a way that I find it hard to even be with *myself* let alone anyone else. I’ve been blessed with solitude for this one and I’m enjoying the space so much.

I usually find it impossible to pretend things are okay that aren’t during full moons but often I’m the last one to realise what the not okay situation is until the full moon switches on.
Energetically, it’s brighter than sunlight.

January 30, 2021 2:42 am
Reply to  Invicta

lucky you. I’m usually how you’ve just described during a FM. but this was one of the foulest FMs i’ve ever had – i had no idea it was happening & it was on my natal moon & saturn was opposite it. every emotional & physical pain reared up. just vile.

January 30, 2021 8:17 am
Reply to  Skarab

Remember it will pass. I’m great at full moons it’s the new ones that have me buzzing sleepless and wired.

January 30, 2021 10:19 am
Reply to  emg

It has passed, literally overnight. Even felt upbeat today; no emo churn, no pain. Bizarre. It was like a 24 hr hell virus – or maybe a parting “gift” from Saturn via moon.

January 30, 2021 3:12 pm
Reply to  Skarab

Oh I can totally relate
This happens a lot with me too.
Like being in a sauna when that light is brightest.
Glad you’re feeling better post Saturn lunar detox treatment
X

February 2, 2021 7:39 am
Reply to  Skarab

Ebbs and flows. Ride the wave or you just get sea sick

January 30, 2021 3:25 pm
Reply to  emg

I never notice the new moons. I want to be more deliberate about them and curate the monthly cycle. I have to put more effort into creating rituals from now on. I love the idea of new moons and since I have such ahem *receptivity* to the wavelength I must work on habitually creating some regular ones. Feeling inspired

rubedo
rubedo
January 29, 2021 11:24 am

Heard a song called ‘Every girl is my Jolene’ that nailed my multiple aries venus squares to capricorn. Oupf

January 29, 2021 6:22 am

This is completely off topic too…but:
it was my 48th birthday solar return y’day..and while out and about with my gorgeous 20yr old daughter..I kept getting random compliments from strangers re looking so good. Less about vanity, and more about being a role-model..it enhanced my day. Must have been good birthday aura vibes? Or maybe it was the sequins??! Anyways…x

sphinx
sphinx
January 30, 2021 2:22 pm
Reply to  Orchid888

Happy Birthday Orchid!!

January 30, 2021 3:26 pm
Reply to  sphinx

Sphinx you are so lovely.
Yes. Happy birthday Orchid !

January 30, 2021 4:00 pm
Reply to  Invicta

January 30, 2021 3:59 pm
Reply to  sphinx

Thank you, beautiful!! X

FireTryin'
FireTryin'
January 29, 2021 3:24 am

Off topic, response to my Daily Horoscope reading of the Full Moon conjunct my Mars…it made me feel all warm and fuzzy. Feels good to be queen. Thank you, Mystic.

January 28, 2021 11:45 pm

Venus meeting Pluto today. Let’s muse on the underworld. Oh speaking of this I am having visitations by my dead Dad in my dreams. I’m not grieving, I’m not upset, I’m hardly influenced by his passing but he keeps appearing. Last night I spent nearly all night with him or so it felt. Daft thing is in life he was never smiley or happy or even much concerned about me but now he’s gone he’s in my dreams ? I don’t tend to dream much but it’s on the increase and he’s in every other dream ?! Venus Pluto ?

Veronica
Veronica
January 29, 2021 11:47 am
Reply to  emg

how do you feel when seeing him/in the morning? When my dad came to visit I would wake up in happy tears, it was so wonderful to be with him again (he died when i was quite young and we were close).

Maybe your father’s probably letting you know he’s still around, you can talk to him. Maybe have a more honest relationship within now he’s passed 🙂

January 29, 2021 8:43 pm
Reply to  Veronica

We were never close. I’m not close to either parent but rather I feel I brought myself up and found my own way. What is odd is that now he is gone he’s hanging about in my dreams. It’s odd because he never was there in life. I just figure there is some issue I have to see or understand. Saying that in his last years when he had dementia I got on with him because I could just let him be. We actually had a giggle together. But that was me in work mode as much as anything. I… Read more »

January 29, 2021 8:19 pm
Reply to  emg

That’s cool. I’m into the jungian ideas of “father complex” versus actual father. So the father complex can be positive or negative and developed in particular ways, have certain desires or influence us in a particular way. I feel like the dream father I see is my father complex appearing to me rather than anything to do with the man himself.

January 29, 2021 8:44 pm
Reply to  Invicta

Hmmmmmm ok. Never having had a relationship with him never having been bothered by that either so it’s just odd. As I say above I will wait for the epiphany !

Veronica
Veronica
January 30, 2021 9:46 am
Reply to  Invicta

Yes, I’m guessing you would know best about who/what you’re encountering when you dream of him by how you feel, and how your body responds. I don’t read a lot of Jung but am interested in the archetype approach too.

I have been listening a lot to the ideas around ancestral healing and honouring the ancestors and wondering how I might approach it authentically. But also I simply have felt him around through the years (as has my sister) and we talk to him.

Librarius
Librarius
January 28, 2021 5:32 am

I have Venus in Sag in the pragmatic/hedonistic 2nd house. Maybe I’m channeling it wrong but its Saggy vibes have mostly given me several types of trouble in love life (always frustratingly higher libido than my partner’s, for one) and utter lack of grit&focus in any creative aspirations LOL

Last edited 1 month ago by Librarius
VenusRules
VenusRules
January 28, 2021 6:57 am
Reply to  Librarius

Same! I have Venus in Sag in the 7th (very close to 8th house cusp) and it’s my ruling planet. Saturn also in Sag but about 10 degrees ahead of Venus. Other than inadvertently still being single at 63, I’m not sure how it’s manifested. Sag Rising Big Ex was the most painful experience of my life and forever a before/after marker. Maybe I’m channeling it wrong also? I’m confused by both my Sag planets, frankly, and not sure how to express them.

January 30, 2021 3:49 pm
Reply to  VenusRules

I’m interested in figuring this out.. or trying to. I struggle with my sag energy too and am struck by the discipline vs enthusiasm dichotomy.

Carrie
Carrie
January 30, 2021 3:23 am
Reply to  Librarius

I’m Sag Venus in 3rd house and I have also experienced the higher libido as serious frustration in a relationship a couple of times. Once it was cause for break up.

January 30, 2021 3:36 pm
Reply to  Librarius

This is such an interesting idea Intrigued by the pragmatic/ hedonistic conceptualisation of the 2nd house. I’ve never consciously thought of it as hedonistic but of course it has that potential and reputation and allure. Very interesting. Comments below too. Making me reflect on the archetype idea again and Jung. The idea of animus or father / mother concept as aspects of of reflections of self and emotional development. When I look back on exes they seem to reflect where my male side was at at the time. Hence the attraction. That’s just me though. Thinking everything is about me.… Read more »

January 27, 2021 10:49 pm

One of my all-time favourite albums is Van Morrison’s Moondance. Always thought it was a joyful ode to Life, profound but playful & light-spirited. His Venus Leo (on my Moon) in his 3rd House would explain it. Into the Mystic is a joy – from the glorious beginning:

We were born before the wind
Also younger than the sun

to the crescendo:

I wanna rock your gypsy soul
Just like way back in the days of old
Then magnificently we will float
Into the mystic.

Who but a Leo Venus would float magnificently into the mystic?

LotusFlower
LotusFlower
January 27, 2021 11:34 pm
Reply to  Skarab

Those are hella lines 😌

Electro
Electro
January 28, 2021 12:49 am
Reply to  Skarab

Love Van Morrison! My husband has Venus in Leo rising… dramatic much? Haha

January 28, 2021 1:46 am
Reply to  Electro

Oooooh, that would make for some Crazy Love.. ;-)…. only the most beautiful love song ever…

January 28, 2021 11:46 pm
Reply to  Electro

Does every one love him ?

January 29, 2021 5:38 pm
Reply to  Skarab

there’s an album he made with a bunch of people called A Saturday Night in San Francisco which is sublime. It’s live and he sings with John Savanna and his daughter and just loads of incredible artists. So much improvisation and pure joy. Lovely human. Van the man. Doesn’t he have sheep and live in an old castle?

January 30, 2021 10:35 am
Reply to  Invicta

Love that album too. … Well dunno about sheep, but he used to own a recording studio-residence called The Wool Hall near where i lived. Talking about 20 yrs ago. Saw him around a bit, but never plucked up courage to say how much i loved his work. Has a reputation for being really grumpy.

January 30, 2021 3:28 pm
Reply to  Skarab

Oh so glad you have that album.
Enjoy xx

Veronica
Veronica
January 27, 2021 9:14 pm

Talking of Bjork makes me think of “Hyperballad” We live on a mountain Right at the top This beautiful view From the top of the mountain Every morning I walk towards the edge And throw little things off Like car parts, bottles and cutlery Or whatever I find lying around It’s become a habit, a way to start the day I go through all this Before you wake up So I can feel happier To be safe up here with you I go through all this Before you wake up So I can feel happier To be safe up here… Read more »

Librarius
Librarius
January 28, 2021 5:30 am
Reply to  Veronica

Love that song!

isa
isa
January 28, 2021 8:41 am
Reply to  Veronica

gorecki <3 <3 <3

Carrie
Carrie
January 27, 2021 8:46 pm

I listened to this song sooo much in my teens. I felt like it was allowing me to be my fluffy romantic self – my Venus is of course in Sagittarius. Another favourite Venus in Sag lyric is The Kinks “Strangers”:

Strangers on this road we are on
We are not two, we are one
Holy man and holy priest
This love of life makes me weak at my knees

Songwriter Dave Davies has Venus in Sag

Secret Sagg
Secret Sagg
January 27, 2021 8:44 pm

Venus is a HUGE deal in my chart. Like Jimmy H, I’ve got her in Sagg, but in my 2nd, in a 4 planet Stellium with Neptune Mercury and Jupiter. Which is one of the arms of my Grand Cross. The only planets she doesn’t aspect with are my Uranus Asc in Libra, and my Scorp Sun – but being Libra Rising means she’s my Chart Ruler too. I absolutely value my freedom, especially in relationships – that doesn’t mean I’m interested in polyamory or anything like that, I don’t see why anyone would want that complication – a 2… Read more »

Electro
Electro
January 27, 2021 12:17 pm

Love that connection! He did have a special Venusian vibe, didn’t he?

My Venus in Gemini conjunct Jupiter 8th house soundtrack is ‘I Would Die 4 U’ by Prince:
I’m not a human, I am a dove
I’m your conscience, I am love
All All I really need
Is to know that you believe

January 28, 2021 5:53 am
Reply to  Electro

So beautiful! Love that song too.
Prince was a Gemini of course, with his Gemini Sun right opposite my own Sagittarius Sun

January 28, 2021 11:49 pm
Reply to  Electro

Venus in Gemini in the 8th ? Omg. You must be more like ‘wild thing’
or ‘dance me to the end of love’

fooshaq
fooshaq
January 27, 2021 9:45 am

Hi! Sun in Sagg here…”Little Wing” one of the first songs I learned bass guitar lines to…get a thrill when we play this…my partner and I co-write lyrics. Our first album together was called ‘A Love Divine’…get the gist?

January 27, 2021 5:15 am

Innerbloom (Rüfüs) does ur for my 8th house Venus in Cap…
“Feels like I’m waiting, like I’m watching..Watching you for love..
If you want me, if you need me..I’m yours”
Mind you, with Aqua sun…this also seems like a bit zeitgeist-like love-like? x

January 27, 2021 5:36 am
Reply to  Orchid888

Actually, adding Mica Paris “Should Have Known Better” as my old-school fave …
Just unbelievable vocals with ultimate love vibes…

January 27, 2021 6:57 am
Reply to  Orchid888

Okay..so post morning coffee & with more lucidity…probs ultimate 8th house Venus in Cap song is:
Jóga by Bjork….
It has to be. x

Librarius
Librarius
January 28, 2021 5:37 am
Reply to  Orchid888

Oooh absolutely! And it’s such a lovely song!

January 28, 2021 6:20 am
Reply to  Librarius

Possibly, just one of her masterpieces…the orchestral drama and mystique…genius!

January 28, 2021 6:57 am
Reply to  Orchid888

This song also resonates perfectly with my 8th house Scorpio Moon??!
Otherworldly and deep…

January 28, 2021 9:38 pm
Reply to  Orchid888

Such a great song! Quite intense too. Love the synthesizers on this

Last edited 30 days ago by Calcifer
January 28, 2021 9:49 pm
Reply to  Calcifer

Was referring to Mica Paris’ ‘Should have known better’… Björk is always great too though 🌟

January 29, 2021 5:30 am
Reply to  Calcifer

Mica’s VOICE??…omg?! Just the most stunning vocals ever…they personify empowered femininity & strength..soul & poise. x

Cecemesee
Cecemesee
January 27, 2021 4:37 am

I’ve had so many Jimi Hendrix synchronicities this month and now this post! I’m actually going to Woodstock NY in Feb, where he impacted the culture in 1969 with his revolutionary performances. His natal chart has no surprises, and being a strong 12th house person with my Moon, Venus and Mercury as features, he is my bag,..baby *Austin Powers voice 😂. Oh and gravity, who needs it??!…when you ride the Venusian vibes 💜

January 27, 2021 4:17 am

LOVE this song. Adore Jimi Hendrix. Venus is my chart ruler & conjunct Vesta, both are conjunct exact his Leo NN-Chiron….. i was 8 yrs old when he wrote this song for me.

sphinx
sphinx
January 27, 2021 2:13 am

Adore this song. And so many musical greats have Venus in Sagg, like Bowie, Portishead. I searched for my music tribe of Venus in Cancer but I guess they are doing photography or something. But it doesn’t surprise me that Lauren Hill is Venus in Cancer e.g. “Loving you is like a battle
And we both end up with scars
Tell me, who I have to be
To get some reciprocity
See no one loves you more than me
And no one ever will”. *sigh*

January 27, 2021 5:10 am
Reply to  sphinx

Epic artiste, epic album, epic song…x

January 27, 2021 5:38 am
Reply to  Orchid888

Referring to Lauren…

isa
isa
January 27, 2021 8:08 am
Reply to  sphinx

so poignant. still echoes my heartbreak of those years. “the ex factor”, if I remember well. a masterpiece of an album. still listen to it from time to time.

monicabliss
monicabliss
January 27, 2021 1:55 am

My Venus in Scorpio LOVES Eurythmics – “Love is A Stranger”… Venus is conjunct my Midheaven, so love is one of my life’s big theme (ahem…)

isa
isa
January 27, 2021 8:11 am
Reply to  monicabliss

“and I want you so its an obsession”. and then when she says that love is cruel and unkind. here too, venus in scorpio calling.

January 28, 2021 9:46 pm
Reply to  isa

Annie (Venus in Scorpio) also wrote a very beautiful song for the 1993 Dracula film, Love Song for a Vampire. My own Venus in Scorpio resonates…

‘Once I had the rarest rose
That ever deigned to bloom
Cruel winter chilled the bud
And stole my flower too soon

Oh, loneliness, oh, hopelessness
To search the ends of time
For there is in all the world
No greater love than mine‘

January 29, 2021 7:20 pm
Reply to  Calcifer

Reading Annie Lennox lines from ‘Love Song for a Vampire’ again, I realize how bleak the words seem… To come alive, they probably need the context of the Coppola film about Dracula (played by Gary Oldman) and Winona Ryder as his eternal love

isa
isa
January 29, 2021 9:59 pm
Reply to  Calcifer

wow! I didn’t know she had venus in scorpio! this explains a lot to me. thanks calcifer. I have no recollection of the dracula song. yet I’ve seen the movie so many times (“see me. see me now” <3 <3 <3). I’ll do some research.

Last edited 29 days ago by isa
Scorpio_Rising
Scorpio_Rising
February 1, 2021 7:19 am
Reply to  isa

Explains a lot why she resonates with me.

January 30, 2021 3:51 pm
Reply to  isa

Oh yes. Her voice and that lyric. Perfect

Earthstar
Earthstar
January 26, 2021 10:33 pm

I have 8th-house-transit-Cappie-Venus squaring my natal Venus-in-Boots-in-11th (Aries.. ) today! (But almost trining Toro ascendant). I Love Hendrix, but today was about grieving lost creative projects (de-cluttering garage) / learning the lesson to apply elsewhere .. Thanks Mystic for saging these heady days with your Words !!🙏x

Last edited 1 month ago by Earthstar
sphinx
sphinx
January 27, 2021 2:16 am
Reply to  Earthstar

Bjork is Cappy Venus! “You know that I love you
So don’t make me say it
It would burst the bubble
Break the charm”

Earthstar
Earthstar
January 27, 2021 12:25 pm
Reply to  sphinx

Hiya Sphinx, isn’t music the Venusian antidote to end them all ..? (Softening squares, trellising trines..😄) Bjork is Genius.. Last Scorp season (solar), with Mars in Aries & Saturn in Cap, I got my second wind remembering her “Army of Me” (“and if you complain once more, you’ll meet an army of me ..”). When I (rarely) get really low I feel (even before hearing) Tori Amos’s “Mother” (she has like, described a particular emotion with music & words – spectacular). But more commonly if I’m ghostbusting/distributing it’s Stevie Nick’s Gold Dust Woman; maybe with an encore of Drukma Gyal’s… Read more »

Earthstar
Earthstar
January 27, 2021 12:30 pm
Reply to  Earthstar

**Err, “dust-busting” to rhyme with ghostbusting .. Not “distributing”. Auto-correct will end us all, starting with music & poetry, aaaggghh!!!

January 28, 2021 6:31 am
Reply to  Earthstar

Hi Earthstar, I do agree so much that ‘music is the Venusian antidote to end them all’. And I can completely imagine that you got your second wind from Björk’s ‘Army of Me’ during Mars in Aries & Saturn in Cap. It also happens to be one of husband’s favorite songs, and he has a Sun-Mars conjunction in Sagittarius (very ‘army of me’) :-))

Earthstar
Earthstar
February 1, 2021 12:25 pm
Reply to  Calcifer

Ah Calcifer!! It took me a wee while to gather feelings/thoughts after that last *heavy* full moon conjunct my natal Saturn ..(!! Argh!!😔) – But here we are. And your husband has excellent taste!! I believe the funky sounds of Army of Me are due in no small part to Bjork’s collabs (definitely work-wise, and eventually personally, but not sure when) with music producer Goldy. I heard the song described somewhere as “industrial” sounding, but that speaks more to Nine Inch Nails sounds to me (another band I loved in youth). Anyway – am talking more lovingly to myself now… Read more »

February 3, 2021 6:58 am
Reply to  Earthstar

Good to hear that you are more gentle with yourself, now that 2020’s epic Saturn-Pluto-Mars square in Cardinal signs is well and truly behind us, Earthstar! Am personally doing a bit better too, work is intense but not as hectic. Take care! 🌟🙏

scorpiodawn
scorpiodawn
January 26, 2021 9:58 pm

i love this song….i have Venus in libra….courtly love…? ( i wish )…and castles…?
the avalon video for roxy music??? mmmmm
luurve venus…

January 27, 2021 5:06 am
Reply to  scorpiodawn

Love Avalon! I’m sure the Libran slave to style Ferry is a Venusian Prince, and he’s come down to Earth to regale us with his impeccable everything (Venus in Virgo..what else?)
Astro buff too, as he sings about his Gemini Moon in his album Horoscope.

scorpiodawn
scorpiodawn
January 27, 2021 5:24 pm
Reply to  Skarab

wow skarab,thanksfor this…love Bryan…the suits, oh!
is my venus in libra showing?lol