What Is The Hardest Transit In Astrology?

What is the hardest transit in astrology? Someone asked me that the other day and I was about to habitually respond with a default reassuring answer: there is no hardest transit, as such. But then I thought fuq it, it’s Saturn square Moon. They’re so incompatible that it’s like one of those relationships you see and wonder how the hell that happened. Then later you meet one of the people and gather it was a profound learning experience. Or at least it will be once they’re done with court, the debt, their therapy, etc.

Saturn square Moon Transits Are Super Hard In 2020

Yes, all transits have their benefits and pleasures. Who doesn’t love it when you’re mid-Pluto-transit, striding along the pavement, sparks flying off your hooves, boots – whatever – feeling more like a wolf or a storm than a person? Or the delicious sensation of a Neptunian attraction scenario disco-misting up your consciousness?

I’ve written a thousand – okay, several – posts on the greatness of Saturn: The clarity! The productivity! The mature decision-making! All of this is true. And 3.am insomniac existentialist musings do sharpen your perceptions. But Saturn square Moon is hard. I still remember my last bout of it, 14 years ago. Yes, that is how often it occurs and if your Moon is between 25 to 29 degrees of Libra or Aries, then you too have a Saturn-Moon situation.

Bring Your Own Wormwood Tea

If your Moon is 25 to 29 degrees of Cancer, it’s an opposition, not a square but you can still be in our club. Bring your own Wormwood tea and if you meet our stringent criteria, you can stay on for the Pluto-Moon club next year. Below is the delineation for the Saturn-Moon square, from my Year Ahead Report and it’s all true. But I’m adding onto it asap.

Saturn in Capricorn is, as you know, super-potent and it’s added a deeper dimension to all Saturn transits but especially the Moon. And, Neptune in Pisces is also strong so supernatural vibe is trending up. Way up. Mars in Aries raises the everyday sarkiness level.

Anyway, my theory is that Saturn-Moon squares/oppositions and – fine – Saturn conjunct Moon transits prompt some sort of recognition and clearing to do with your matrilineal heritage. It’s not the standard Saturn gloom-loop – it’s your mother’s! Or great-great grand-someone.

Your emotions or perceptions at this time are not only yours, they’re echoing and picking up on a deeper story. Your female ancestors – biological and psychic. To really take this metaphysical, it can arouse bewilderment or pain at how the magic and a lot of the awe was resolutely stripped from science, deemed defective or ‘irrational.’ And that the fairly obvious priority of protecting and honoring the planet’s ecology has been reduced to squabbling and press releases over ‘carbon credits.’

But Here Is The Antidote

But guess what? Jupiter is also in Capricorn and turning Direct in a week. Anyone slugging it out in the pits of Saturn, not only my Moon Club people, will feel this as a dramatic, drastically amazing, shift for the better.

In the meantime, apart from the delineation below, I have some Saturn square Moon suggestions: Grow things – even one thing in a pot. Consider a little Moon altar to symbolically preserve and protect that aspect of yourself. Think; Selenite (a crystal named after Selene, the Moon Goddess), Hekate symbols – you can see an example on the My Mega Mystic page, it is the Daily Personal Scope symbol – Lotus flowers, Yarrow, Ferns, Silver.  And, fix stuff/clean house with fierce focus as if that act alone could shift dense, heavy energy…because it can!

Thoughts?

Saturn Square Moon

Saturn squares work perfectly well with logic and objectivity. But your natal Moon loathes both. Your lunar psyche is timeless. Saturn is AKA Chronos, the root of words like chronology and crone. If your Moon is a zone of comfort, Saturn is the squat track, cold shower, and anything where you keep checking the time to see how long till it’s done.

Saturn square Moon is the transit that astrologers say lovely things about but gnash their teeth over if they see it coming up in their astro.

The Moon Is Your Unconscious

It often prompts sharp awareness of parenting patterns and problems, both your childhood experience and the way raised your children, if you have them. You experience first-light-of-dawn clarity around scenarios you keep fuzzy for a reason. The Moon is your unconscious reflexive feelings; Saturn makes them conscious. You learn the difference between wild instinct and basic sloppy emotional management.

Aside from the lucidity, what havoc can Saturn square Moon inspire? Habitual props or soothing mechanisms either don’t work or they backfire. Examples? Emotional eating food that doesn’t do you any good, keeping people around because of a long-expired sentiment and old grudges.

Ideally, you enter the Saturn-Moon square phase with a plan. Have a structured subconscious mind-expansion program in place. Eg: daily guided meditation, yoga, morning pages, or hypnosis. Question your auto-pilot emotions and assumptions. Approach any problematic parent/child situations with a Saturnine logic, rather than ‘that’s just the way it is’ passive acceptance.

Aim to alloy Saturnine rational wisdom with your intuition, strengthening both.

Image: Horst P HorstArchetypal 20th Century fashion photographer and the Leo’s Leo: Sun, North Node, Mercury Retrograde, and Mars in Leo.

4.9 11 votes

ponycat
ponycat
September 25, 2020 7:32 am

Saturn is tough, but not at all all bad, just hard af. I love Moon, but she can be tough, too, especially when she’s lurking around in Moon card form from the Tarot.

Still, I’ve learned to say nearly every night to her in between dreams: Thank you, Ms. Moon Dream Symbol Maker and I try to honor her and Saturn and all invisible forces with kindness and respect because they will make or break your day, week, year, etc. to their liking if you don’t.

Last edited 1 hour ago by ponycat
quintile
quintile
September 13, 2020 7:59 am

Natally, I have Saturn in Cap square my Moon in Pisces. Wow – I haven’t really examined this aspect but certainly this post is very accurate vis things with my mother.

StarBright
StarBright
September 11, 2020 3:42 pm

I have natally Moon Saturn conj in Pisces with Neptune midpoint in 5th.
Any Saturn transit sets this off but when I began Astrology over 30 years ago,
my life made more sense. nJupiter trine Sun helped to make life more positive and the transits don’t last foever.🍀

GemLeoLib
GemLeoLib
September 10, 2020 5:26 am

I love this post and I totally tell clients that its useful but dread it myself. But I’m here to express how satisfied I am with the phrase “you’re mid-Pluto-transit, striding along the pavement, sparks flying off your hooves, boots – whatever – feeling more like a wolf or a storm than a person”. I am going through that now and the imagery is just perfect. I feel it.
Thank you Mystic for your continual feelings to words magic!

Libra Moon Conjunct Pluto
Libra Moon Conjunct Pluto
September 10, 2020 12:03 am

I have that aspect in my natal chart, and Pluto in conjunction my Moon. On the day I was born, the famous energy crisis of the early 70s started. These aspects bring a very heavy energy to my life that requires impeccable conduct on my part in those matters, or the price is a heavy one. On the flip side, I’ve conducted myself and led others beautifully through very difficult times and events. I just try to take extra care during heavy transits in the early Cardinal signs and hide if I can.

Last edited 15 days ago by Libra Moon Conjunct Pluto
Olya Prokopets
Olya Prokopets
September 9, 2020 10:05 am

Mystic,
But what about the opposition of Pluto to Sun. It ripped my guts out early 2009!!!

Hel
Hel
September 10, 2020 4:42 am
Reply to  Olya Prokopets

Yes!..That was a shockingly hard transit for me too. It was the end of a very long shit show for me though, and after it everything was better. Pluto conjunct Jupiter at that point might have halped making it better. Still through my life I have thought of that winter as the lowest point ( at 15, so long time ago;)

Olya Prokopets
Olya Prokopets
September 10, 2020 3:38 pm
Reply to  Hel

It was the hardest. It dismantled me on a core level. 15 would have been intense! imagine puberty AND Pluto Sun transit!
Mine was followed on with Pluto opposition Mars…. like really just to emphasis whatever I missed with the sun opposition. So 2009-2014 was catharsis city

Hel
Hel
September 15, 2020 4:20 am
Reply to  Olya Prokopets

i Can only imagine what you were going through. Wow

Mariposa
Mariposa
September 8, 2020 5:40 pm

Yep, i live with this one – Saturn in Leo conj MC square Taurus Moon and forming a T-square with Uranus Scorpio. A mere few months transit sounds like bliss in comparison! Saturn and Jupiter will hit the fourth point (my IC in Aqua) when they conjunct next year. Yay! (Yes, that is sarcasm standing in for sheer terror). I’ve reached the point (after the Uranus-Moon transit) where i’m not even caring and just rolling with it… je suis fatigué! I cannot predict whether this will bring an absolute sh*tshow or a long awaited boon to my doorstep… Perhaps both.… Read more »

Last edited 16 days ago by Mariposa
quintile
quintile
September 13, 2020 8:02 am
Reply to  Mariposa

Thanks that’s v helpful re Grandmother Time and Mother moon – I also have saturn (Cap) square moon (Pisces) natally.

Hilarygherkin
Hilarygherkin
September 8, 2020 12:31 pm

Having had half the galaxy in opposition to my sun, merc + moon for the past few years and squaring my Libra asc, I can tell you it is…tiring. But for sure forces some alchemical evolution to confront all the dross and rot in your life that needs clearing out and rebuilding. Or they simply clear out for you, if you’re holding onto things that needs to go.
Added with a hefty dose of Neptune squaring my Gem Venus in the 8th, there have been some serious romantic reality checks.

Chrysalis
Chrysalis
September 8, 2020 10:28 am

I’ve been reflecting on this, scrutinising the pictures from the photo-finish to decide if Pluto-moon or Neptune-Venus-Sun was the hardest, haha. Pluto on my 5th house Cap moon-Lilith demolished me, my marriage, my life and my relationship to my creativity. I honestly didn’t think I would survive it tbh. Neptune on my Venus-Dsc and then 7th house sun brought a soul mate-conventionally unavailable lover whose influence rebirthed my creativity and my sense of self as a woman but also just about killed me. Another unwelcome manifestation of Neptune on my sun rendered me invisible as a real person to men… Read more »

Hilarygherkin
Hilarygherkin
September 8, 2020 12:16 pm
Reply to  Chrysalis

It was one hell of a reality check that served as a lifeline, for sure.

VenusRules
VenusRules
September 9, 2020 8:22 am
Reply to  Chrysalis

Pluto on a cap moon was super rough, though not the worst of many pluto transits (pluto on my descendant broke me for a good long while). Hang in there. You have grit!

Olya Prokopets
Olya Prokopets
September 9, 2020 11:34 am
Reply to  VenusRules

I wonder if it is related to being “outer planet” Pluto person. So pluto transits are super potent….

Olya Prokopets
Olya Prokopets
September 9, 2020 10:08 am
Reply to  Chrysalis

Yes omg the pluto opposes sun transit, everything happened. Including I shaved ,my head. Every person in my life was challenging me on not so subtle power play.

September 9, 2020 7:23 pm
Reply to  Chrysalis

I’m kind of with you on this. Saturn through Cap, SN etc last year, horrible horrible horrible experience and tough times to be sure but given I got through it all it’s forged me into a kind of steely, pragmatist Definitely the stoicism is down to Saturn and yeah. Dead sexy and the antidote to anything low Neptune Venus fly trappings.
I’m unfuqwithable now.

Pegasus
Pegasus
September 8, 2020 9:15 am

Do i need to bring up astrodienst to see when Moon is squaring Saturn asks this natal Libran Moon? It’s my Libra bits that give me the greatest joy she says as the house is filled with 6 vases of jasmine, the aroma making me euphoric…blissed.

September 9, 2020 4:53 am
Reply to  Pegasus

Six vases ????? Omg. Heavenly, rich, euphoric, astral jasmine. Love love love love

S
S
September 8, 2020 8:52 am

I’d like to evict this year off the island. A true cluster F and if this is the new normal then my stars, I’m out. And by out, I mean over here trying to get some tunes to compliment this murky funk…gothic, mental er metal, indie, dance or the frequency I’m picking up from those around me…eek! Caffeinated and under the influence of these strange times. Radio silence, what is your frequency?

Pegasus
Pegasus
September 8, 2020 9:08 am
Reply to  S

Here’s a playlist you may never have thought of S: Kaminda, Laraaaji, Porangui, Hiatus Coyote, Source Vibrations and Fantastic Negrita, Sekuoia, something different for your aural happiness while your doing global angst. Then some Phillip Glass & Mozart before bed. x

S
S
September 8, 2020 3:38 pm
Reply to  Pegasus

Hello Pegasus, Thank you for commenting you are an 😇 Considering I’m having trouble removing myself from a DV situation, end any and all contact with his stalking and hacking ways. I’m actually finding it difficult to exist. Music was a great source of magical wisdom, compassion and support. I don’t have my headphones (he has them and I can’t afford a new pair right now). I also gave a set away to someone while I was in Hospital this year. I do that often because I fear so much and don’t feel deserving of what I have or had.… Read more »

Pegasus
Pegasus
September 8, 2020 7:29 pm
Reply to  S

He sounds like he’s fuqing spawn of satan. Sorry satan you have some interesting ways, my bad. Your stalker is a stain on Good Men, there ARE some. DV had me for a minute as i call my Demented Virgo Neighbour the DVD. His ‘violence’ is emotional, he gaslights & verbally attacks as a form of defense. Twisted just twisted is all. Put on the Compassionate Warrior bronze breast- shield & leather skirt, take up the baddest biggest sword you can visualise & mentally whack him & squash his balls to grapes…ooopps balls? Right he has none forgot.Do not allow… Read more »

S
S
September 9, 2020 8:09 am
Reply to  Pegasus

I buried my instincts and conformed to the expectations of what I’m conditioned to believe I should be. I suspected he had cheated and it was many times, including while Id been in hospital. The psychological, financial, sexual abuse is confronting knowing that he was dodging being served court documents by the police because he was in a new relationship. The “Mr Nice Guy” who’s actually used to throwing tantrums to get fake sympathy and support from people online, is a total predator to women. He drugged me while I was pregnant and played me for a fool. Put his… Read more »

September 9, 2020 4:51 am
Reply to  S

Wow. It will pass. It will finally be a place that you forget. And if he phones you you honestly don’t know who the hell it is and you don’t care. You simply hang up and get on with what you were doing without a second thought. May this peace soon be yours.

S
S
September 9, 2020 8:19 am
Reply to  emg

My phone still echoes so his still listening in. I’ve got nothing for him and I just don’t get why he’d do this. You have a new person now, leave me out of it. Which is what the nurse looked like only with box died black hair. Tried logging into my Instagram and it kept booting me out and sending me to a made up page for my log in details. I’m over all this sort of rubbish. Just want to be left alone and to actual be able to access the relevant support services I require. I got to… Read more »

September 8, 2020 5:01 am

Because of my cancer stellium, sun, jup,moon,mars I’m only too aware of the opposition fest I’m having currently. Currently isn’t actually the right word…foreverly seems more appropriate. Mix with menopause for that added extra and I feel frumpy dumpy and just a touch less Than I should.

MutatisMutandis
MutatisMutandis
September 8, 2020 4:56 am

My moon is at 25 Libra, so I’ve been going through this transit this year. I agree with the comment below that it feels like constant cringe at past actions, and also with Mystic’s theory that it involves matrilineal clear-outs. Both very true in my case! I think the only reason I am not sure that I agree with this being the hardest transit is that this Saturn-Moon action is coming after Saturn sq Jupiter, Saturn, Sun, and Pluto over the past ~5 years (all from 12H transiting planets to 8H natal positions), as well as trPluto square Saturn, Sun… Read more »

Ms.
Ms.
September 8, 2020 12:19 am

My partner has this transit next year but also conjunct his natal pluto (moon/pluto in early Scorpio) He is in the middle of a legal battle (illegal government fine that looks ominous with this astro) and an ongoing family problem that has consumed our lives completely for months. He´s halved from stress let alone 2020 income shit. I just sat through months of important purging and screaming matches with him and his mother so I can only imagine what this will bring reading this and your comments.

Last edited 17 days ago by Ms.
MissDee
MissDee
September 7, 2020 7:29 pm

I already experienced some dreadful effects of Saturn opposite my Moon when it wad in Scorpio. So, lucky me, I’ll get to also experience the square when it’s around 19 deg of Aqua so not before the second half of 2022.
Point is: my Gemini Sun is at 18 deg so I’ll be receiving, Saturn support to my Sun while it squares my Moon.
I guess (hope?) this does help a bit not getting overwhelmed by Saturn cruelty (that is how it felt the opposition, I cannot immagine the square). I guess it’ll be more “ego/rationality” and less “emotion”.

September 7, 2020 6:45 pm

Lolz.
Are you automatically granted lifetime membership with veterans benefits if Saturn squares your moon in your birth chart?
If so it’s time I cashed in
As you say though, it honestly does, as with most things Saturn, feel like it improves with age. The tired fine wine metaphor notwithstanding, I am finding more strength and confidence as I age. Not quite ugly duckling syndrome but perhaps combined with the lessons from that same moon square my sun and mars I might experience meaningful rewards during the second half of my life?

Last edited 17 days ago by Invicta
Jenna Marshall
Jenna Marshall
September 8, 2020 1:49 am
Reply to  Invicta

I have it my natal chart too! It’s manifested as some extreme challenges with a restrictive mother and a lot that I can’t do that a more traditional mothering,

September 9, 2020 6:52 am
Reply to  Jenna Marshall

The mother thing is interesting. I’m now renting a room from and essentially sharing a flat with a woman who reminds me A LOT of my mother. But we’re exactly the same age and although I rent from her, so technically she has all the power, it feels really balanced and I actually don’t feel overshadowed or restricted by the situation. I’m learning a lot from her, because I’m now way more receptive to the things my mother wanted to teach me but for whatever reason never got to. Something happened- stuff went wrong in our relationship and we both… Read more »

September 9, 2020 7:38 pm
Reply to  Invicta

Having said all of this I’m aware it sounds a bit like lyrical waxing and that’s not the truth. I’ve made a conscious decision to make peace with my mom and the issues I have from my relationship with her. So because she isn’t on the planet anymore I have chosen to live with someone who reminds me strongly of her, knowing in advance it will be hard and potentially treaturous. Apologies for my poor spelling;) So there’s a lot about this woman and the situation that’s already been marked up as red flag stuff. But life is full of… Read more »

Cafelatte
Cafelatte
September 8, 2020 9:42 am
Reply to  Invicta

Same. My very rebellious youth explained.

Pegasus
Pegasus
September 8, 2020 7:34 pm
Reply to  Invicta

Hey Girl, you did the hard yards OF COURSE it’s paying off, You one strong Saturn Bitch, a true amazon.Nothing can faze you or certainly not for longer that 2 minutes as you have developed an exceptional inner world to sustain you.

September 9, 2020 6:36 am
Reply to  Pegasus

Omg Pegasus. I love you so much

September 8, 2020 8:37 pm
Reply to  Invicta

Riffing off Pegasus’s strong Saturn Bitch Recognition Award to you: you get to precisely (Saturn) Stitch and Bitch (Moon) but not in a homemaker/motherly sewing circle. You can produce pieces (or one amazing piece), ideas, design, technique or an enterprise that nurtures and reflects what is usually considered the hard, cold Saturn Bitch who needs welcome and support from the scattered Tribe of Individuated Women. It may be parts of yourself, it may be that others become drawn in to teach and refine further and it may well be you softening tough love into great threads or some useful piece… Read more »

September 9, 2020 6:40 am
Reply to  milleunanotte

Thank you so much milleuanotte xx this is making me grin broadly and tear up a little at the same time. In a cool way.
Because it’s true. I’m into it. This whole being myself thing. Not giving a fuq what other people think of me now is liberating because I have a lot of respect for myself. A lot of work still to do but I’m into it. I’m so into it 🥰

September 10, 2020 7:37 pm
Reply to  milleunanotte

I’ve seen a book called Stitch & Bitch in my housemate’s crafting room. Must investigate

Howdyhihi
Howdyhihi
September 7, 2020 6:12 pm

I had saturn square moon in the last few years. I actually remember feeling like one big human cringe, and thinking “WTF is wrong with me?!” then looking at my chart and realizing saturn was exact square my moon. Yeah, sure. You come out of it with valuable life lessons on refinancing mortgages and de facto divorce plus braces at the age of 40, but its the *takes long drag of cigarette* “I havent heard that name in years” transit by the time youre done with it. I spent an inordinate amount of time in bed discovering blogs on dealing… Read more »

Vertex
Vertex
September 7, 2020 5:41 pm

This is really interesting and a useful reminder that Saturn just rolled back into a square with my Moon. It feels lucky to have Saturn square Moon in 2020. If there was ever a year to dust off a dud transit it may as well be in messy 2020. Just layer it on!  Back in March someone told me that Saturn squaring Moon promotes people pleasing and a focus on reputation. I was asking about a solo project I’ve been working on and this transit was the reason they suggested I could be unsatisfied with it. Does any of this… Read more »

Last edited 17 days ago by Vertex
September 8, 2020 4:49 am
Reply to  Vertex

Yes. I can relate Definitely. I’ve been a terrible people pleaser in the past and then I swung too far out in the other direction on every level for years. I’m kind of normalising or balancing this out now trying to accept my flaws and limitations and be generally more accepting of myself. I feel like one of the consequences of having an awful relationship with one’s mother is the tendency to swing from one extreme to the other. I’ve been trying to enjoy the average and the minutia of my life. Live in the grey area, not so black… Read more »

September 8, 2020 4:57 am
Reply to  Vertex

I’m seriously hopeful about enjoying the benefits of having so many Saturn squares to my inner planets in my birth chart. At some point.

SheRat
SheRat
September 8, 2020 7:44 am
Reply to  Vertex

It feels lucky to have Saturn square Moon in 2020. If there was ever a year to dust off a dud transit it may as well be in messy 2020. Just layer it on! ” RIGHT?!?!? Sing it sister!!!!!

SheRat
SheRat
September 7, 2020 12:28 pm

I had this last year. It sucked.

SheRat
SheRat
September 8, 2020 12:26 am
Reply to  SheRat

Actually, I suppose since P & S are retroing back to my moon, I’m still having it. Suck.

MissDee
MissDee
September 8, 2020 1:21 am
Reply to  SheRat

Can I ask you, if it’s ok for you to share, in which houses you have Moon and Saturn and how did this “suckiness” play out?

SheRat
SheRat
September 8, 2020 7:33 am
Reply to  MissDee

Well, the transit Mystic is talking about is Saturn transiting your Natal Moon, not the moon transiting your natal Saturn, which happens lots of times a month. So, I’m in the Moon Club she mentioned — my natal moon is in 1H Libra (conj. Uranus and Lilith oppo 7H Mars in Aries), So I had / have Pluto in on that nonsense. I’m also coming up on Chiron return… I pared down from four storage spaces and two flats and motorbikes in three countries, to one storage space, one flat, one bike in one country. Moved to the land of… Read more »

Last edited 17 days ago by SheRat
Electro
Electro
September 7, 2020 11:28 am

I’ll have to check out those dates on the ephemeris. But my gut instinct to worst transit is Pluto conjunct Moon. That one will be forever in my book as awfulness.

Laura
Laura
September 7, 2020 9:30 pm
Reply to  Electro

I second the Pluto-Moon conjunction as Most Awful. Fabulous results but so very hard won. Time and discipline has nothing on the transformative power of the Underworld…

Chrysalis
Chrysalis
September 7, 2020 10:58 pm
Reply to  Electro

I feel you!

Ms.
Ms.
September 8, 2020 12:24 am
Reply to  Electro

annafras
annafras
September 7, 2020 11:18 am

2008, Saturn in Virgo squaring my Sagittarius Moon and hitting all 6 of my Virgo Stellium planets. I lost everything (teeth, $, relationship), including my mom. At one point, I screamed hysterically at the sky, holding a pencil “I still have this you m&^^qer”. And in the end, that’s all I got to keep. But, I’m a bad bitch now so, whatever. Thanks Saturn!

Vertex
Vertex
September 7, 2020 5:43 pm
Reply to  annafras

Thanks for sharing this. I totally relate to sky and or ceiling screams.

MissDee
MissDee
September 8, 2020 1:32 am
Reply to  annafras

I had a similar experience around the same time when Saturn hit my Virgo rising and then systematically squared my everything in Gemini (MH, Saturn, Sun, Mercury) but not the Moon (actually it was trine to the moon). My father almost died undergoing huge surgery, I got divorced and lost my job. But well I am still here like you. I also I think that Saturn square the Moon is super harsh but there can be other positive factors that help that transit. But the 2008 “I can’t catch my breath” and also Uranus was in Aries squaring my everything… Read more »

September 7, 2020 9:03 am

Yes, I have been through Saturn-Moon hell and back. And thankyou to Mystic for helping me make sense of it all. I had lessons to learn and growing to do, and I feel like this transit made sure of that (even though it wasn’t obvious at the time).

Stella Polaris
Stella Polaris
September 7, 2020 6:53 am

Neptune square Sun? The fog, the loss of self-awareness and confidence, the confusion re identity, re self. Trying on and rejecting hats, all while checking out my image in a fun park hall of mirrors. Mystic described it to me as a tricky transit and that’s great description. And also long, 2012 to 2018 in my case. Looking back I now see what I gained from it.

September 7, 2020 10:01 am
Reply to  Stella Polaris

Oh Stella. You describe it so well. It is in the past for me but it was horrendous and it all played out in a conservative small town. Enough of that: I am having flashbacks.

Yes the loss of confidence and identity. Your words help so much. I realise that I have been way too hard on myself for the mistakes I made. I don’t feel so isolated in my experience.

Thank you !

Stella Polaris
Stella Polaris
September 8, 2020 6:48 pm

you’re very welcome Wish!
I wonder sometimes when we are hard on ourselves for our mistakes whether we overlook how not making that mistake would have lead to a different journey, and thus whether we are correct to also assume that it would have invariably been better.

September 8, 2020 7:22 pm
Reply to  Stella Polaris

Yes Stella. It may not be invariably better. It’s a mind bending.

These lessons must be learnt. Once learnt they lead to more clarity, then a better, authentic life.

Otherwise maybe we are just stalling the inevitable.

September 7, 2020 1:29 am

Is there a Dante’s Inferno transit? Whatever that one is lol I had heard about the dreaded Pluto transit and yes that did tear down things that were meant to be torn down.There was bliss on the other side of that though. Absolute heaven.:D And then this…this transit has been the last 9 years had Neptune square Sun, Saturn opp Sun, Saturn in the 12th as a bonus…Finally felt a shift in 2017 – by then saturn was opp my moon. I always had hope though and then last year happened. There are no words for last year. Yet I… Read more »

EdgeofJupiter
EdgeofJupiter
September 6, 2020 6:00 pm

Thanks Mystic. Excellence in making the Saturn-trampled less abstract. It’s like as if every movie Fred Astaire played in he was the office cleaner or the bar cleaner or the kitchen hand or the after hours plumber. A 50 second part in those big time shows. You feel like that. Just have to wait it out, waiting.
Thanks also for the new epic Mystic site and bringing back there Daily Mystics from isolation. Works beautifully.

Geminian
Geminian
September 6, 2020 3:41 pm

As always, spot on Mystic. I had my first hit of Saturn square my Moon in April, (a t-square in fact, that also involves my natal Saturn). It has been such hard work, especially with regard to maintaining a sense of joy and generally feeling ok with things. Have taken up meditating to really ease off on the existential angst, and I hope when Chronos swings by again in December I will have a better strategy rather than the one that feels at odds with the world around me. The hardest transit indeed.

Hel
Hel
September 6, 2020 7:35 pm
Reply to  Geminian

Good luck! I dont envy you this. I had my Saturn square moon (+ trining itself and a lot more) and i deeply hated it. the worst was how it affected my mood and feelings. I usually have a happy, energetic and optimistic personality, and suddenly i was feeling low and gloomy, for a long time! That was the worst. Good things came out of it materially, but the sense of gloom ratteled me. Fortunately the angles are changed and my sense of lightness and joy are little by little coming back.

Jacqui
Jacqui
September 6, 2020 1:20 pm

My Moon is at 22 Aries so the Saturn square Moon was in January when Saturn was conjunction Sun, Mercury, Pluto and Ceres. Pretty much walked around on auto pilot. Pluto is still there until mid Nov, interesting.

Last edited 18 days ago by Jacqui
Venusian8
Venusian8
September 6, 2020 10:20 am

Pluto conjunct Moon for me was hell on earth, i am expecting pluto square sun in a couple of years to provide the history lesson.

Chrysalis
Chrysalis
September 6, 2020 3:19 pm
Reply to  Venusian8

Same. It was hell for what seemed like the longest time, but now I see blooms pushing through the ashes. I hope you’ve also seen some good to come from it.

Saturnine
Saturnine
September 6, 2020 10:06 am

Last time saturn squared my moon I was in my early teens: lost a buch of weight due to eating habit changes and a growth spurt (but that was also when my disordered eating begun – very saturn in virgo), felt very invisible and also had my first obsessive crush which I kept hidden like my life depended on it and lasted until I was about 21(the square was in the 8th-11th house axis). School also became very demanding at that time, which was difficult because as quintuple sagittarius I really loved learning but wasn’t used to work hard for… Read more »

Kat
Kat
September 6, 2020 9:42 am

Yay for Jupiter going direct though. 🙌
I have it natally in Capricorn in my 12th house.

September 6, 2020 9:18 am

I agree, Saturn moon , Pluto moon. Though when I think about it when it’s your transit you can get through but the hardest is when someone very close is having one of these very difficult transits and doesn’t know it. They will often take it out on you in a way that is very confusing and destructive to the relationship. So I would say the most difficult transit is when someone close, someone you depend upon is having one of these transits and mirrors it onto you.

libraquarian
libraquarian
September 6, 2020 3:32 pm

You just cracked something open for me. My last partner was going through this and I had no idea. Coupled with his 12th house stellium and screwed-up Neptune, it made him drunk, controlling and angry. I spent a lot of time trying to piece together what I did wrong.

September 6, 2020 4:52 pm
Reply to  libraquarian

All I can tell you is it’s rarely a good idea to send transit interpretations to the one suffering said transit. 😬

Ms.
Ms.
September 8, 2020 12:21 am

good to know

Hel
Hel
September 6, 2020 7:46 pm

True! My mother had Neptune, Uranus, Saturn transit her Sun+ Pluto transit Neptune before i turned 8. Living with that, and not having any control was Worse than any grown up transits has been 😉( it was also a wake up call for me to see that she was going though some really hard transits, after being angry with my mother for ever)

Ms.
Ms.
September 8, 2020 12:22 am

This is exactly what I am worried about I already did a year of this

Megs
Megs
September 6, 2020 9:02 am

My moon is at 23 Aries, so it’s getting battered at the moment by Pluto and Mars. And just for shits and giggles, my MC is 23 Capricorn. Uranus is also going over my ascendant. 2020 was always going to be a fundamental year for me. I’m hanging in there, but never want to repeat this experience again! I just started hypnotherapy, and tapped into my akashic records. Both have been helpful. I also have found someone to mentor me as I become more claircognizant. I’ve learned to see my mother through a clearer lense. It doesn’t make our history… Read more »

gbs
gbs
September 6, 2020 8:18 am

I have this transit for most of next year, and Uranus will also be conjoining my Moon. Trying to get mentally-emotionally prepared now, if you can ever truly prepare for these kinds of transits.

Kat
Kat
September 6, 2020 7:39 am

Oh god this is me. I do remember reading this in my transit report. I need to check how long it goes for. My Libra moon is 26 degrees. Plus I have Saturn and Pluto in my first house atm.

isa
isa
September 6, 2020 7:07 am

in my experience it was saturn in the 12th, aggravated by neptune squaring itself. I can’t quite make out which one was which, but the feeling of utter despair, failure and senselessness of my own existence on the eve of turning 40 worked havoc on me. I consider it a success that I’m still here to tell the story. worse than any pluto transit (except maybe pluto in the 4th, but it was around puberty and I probably would have felt horrible anyway). I cried so much, day and night, and I would even wake up in the middle of… Read more »

September 6, 2020 4:30 pm

Mystic can you recommend any books for Saturn transitting the 12th house for this natal Pisces Rising, Taurus Moon, Gemini?

September 6, 2020 4:37 pm

I just read your description of this transit in the 7 year transit report.

Interesting !

September 7, 2020 1:40 am

I’m thinking Liz Greene’s book Saturn: A new look at an old devil has something in it.

September 7, 2020 10:02 am
Reply to  Aqualady

I will check it out. Thanks.

September 7, 2020 10:42 am

Lots of good reviews.

September 7, 2020 10:03 am

Thanks Mystic. It has excellent reviews.

isa
isa
September 8, 2020 2:05 am

thank you mystic <3 . mmm, I’ll think hard and try to remember if anything of the kind took place. thank you for the hint.

September 6, 2020 4:28 pm
Reply to  isa

Isa Saturn will enter my 12th house next April. Thanks for the warning. I am Pisces Rising.

So I have Pluto and Saturn currently transitting my 11th house. One major lesson is that if I am not authentic to myself and compromise to fit in with other people it blows up in my face spectacularly. And it did. Learnt the hard way. I took refuge in hermit status to heal and find myself again.

I hope this will prepare me for 12th house transit.

I read run with the wolves many year ago. I will read again.

September 7, 2020 1:42 am

Yes the hermit will be your friend. Every time I did tarot I would get the hermit card too. You sound prepared for it Wish. I think I’m going to “women who run with the wolves” a reread too.Hope you’re doing well *hugs*

September 7, 2020 10:12 am
Reply to  Aqualady

Thanks for the hugs. Correct me if I am wrong but I think we are both experiencing the cancer journey? Yesterday when I was resting I heard the word “Initiation’ in deep tones. Then I reflected back and realised yes it is initiation. And it started with the surgical blade. I am over the worst and I won’t lie: it was bad. One day I had to go to emergency as my body temp was dropping. But that is over now. I am over the worst. It will get easier from now. Sorry if I am oversharing. How are you… Read more »

September 13, 2020 1:17 am

Yeah that’s me.:) No need to apologise re oversharing Wish. I was wondering how you were going. *huge hugs* I’m glad the worst is over and you’re healing probably on many levels. My surgeon’s office rang for my check up next month just to make sure there’s been no changes. I haven’t needed surgery even though I was fully prepared. I had to go to hospital for another reason after Covid hit, which was unexpected, but that’s sorted now as well. I love the ongoing insights you’re getting. We are stronger then we realise. Much love and stay safe xx

isa
isa
September 8, 2020 1:58 am

oh no wish… sounds really nasty… maybe when at least saturn has gone the right people will sniff their way to you and you’ll feel less alienated. for me the only – but major – advantage of saturn in the 12th was that I did my first ever space clearing, and found that it’s true that throwing away stuff can feel just as gorgeous as buying it, as I had read. never thought it was possible: cancer rising and jupiter = I hang on to sentimental items forever + virgo moon and stellium relying on the “what if I need… Read more »

September 8, 2020 7:35 pm
Reply to  isa

Thanks for the space clearing tip Isa.
Yes I have a Taurus Moon and stuff I need to chuck, sell or donate.

Funny you mention counselling I had my first session today with a counselor who I feel will help me.

And I just realised that when I was about 23 ( about 30 years ago) I had my last Saturn 12th house transit. I remember the emptiness and depression. I did not seek help as I felt inadequate.

But now I am more self aware, and better resourced. Goddess help me.

x.

September 7, 2020 1:36 am
Reply to  isa

I feel you isa. That Saturn in the 12th is horrendous. I’m still trying to grok the lessons. It’s funny, I found “women who run with the wolves” before my pluto transit and it helped a lot with that. *hugs to you*

isa
isa
September 8, 2020 1:19 am
Reply to  Aqualady

thank you aqualady. looks like it’s a magical book that turns up into the lives of those who need it, isn’t it? hug you back 🙂

September 13, 2020 1:19 am
Reply to  isa

Couldn’t agree more 🙂

VenusRules
VenusRules
September 6, 2020 5:28 am

That isn’t my current transit, but the energy is not unfamiliar, so let me extend so much sympathy. My Mars is at 22’47 Libra so I’m having both Saturn and Pluto squaring it until forever and then crossing my midheaven. This is following up on both conjoining my 19 Cap moon. Saturn and Pluto haven’t really ever let up in all my 62 years. I’m Scorpio tough but right now feeling a mite vulnerable, recovering from bruised ribs from a bad fall AND facing dental surgery in a couple of weeks, with no one to even drive me to the… Read more »

libraquarian
libraquarian
September 6, 2020 7:01 am
Reply to  VenusRules

Oh I’m there! Saturn is squaring my mars in libra right now. Trying not to be angry all the time. Also doing my Saturn return as mine is 0’ Aqua so it’s been a whirlwind.

VenusRules
VenusRules
September 6, 2020 10:26 am
Reply to  libraquarian

I hear you about being angry all the time! In fact, when I fell, I was out for a walk that was more like an aggressively angry seven-mile march as fast as I could go, and I was mentally reliving an experience with a horrible privileged non-mask-wearing princess on the bus a week earlier. Definitely not present in the moment! I tripped, I fell, I got seriously banged up, so you gotta watch projecting that angry energy out there. I learned.

libraquarian
libraquarian
September 6, 2020 3:50 pm

Thank you. I keep wondering if I’m cursed for life with this astro

VenusRules
VenusRules
September 7, 2020 1:55 pm

Not sure if it’s innate, but Pluto in Cap squaring Mars is a loooong transit as you know, so it’s innate for now. Saturn will station right on the midheaven later this month, after the dental surgery. 🙂

Plum
Plum
September 6, 2020 8:06 am
Reply to  VenusRules

And let me extend sympathy to you! The Saturn-Pluto conjunction was on my Moon, square my Venus, and I’ve also been dealing with health problems and feeling very alone with it. I like your mantra.

dskreds
dskreds
September 6, 2020 5:01 am

Damn. I have the moon, mars, and mercury all conjunct in Taurus so it looks like I’m in for a ride next year! 🤪🙃😅

libraquarian
libraquarian
September 6, 2020 3:35 pm
Reply to  dskreds

I appreciate your overly confident use of emojis

Orchid888
Orchid888
September 6, 2020 4:38 am

Thoroughly OVER Saturn in Capricorn…
The grind is suffocating!? Ugh.
Cannot wait for the airy paradigm shifts due at end of this year…X

Irenna
Irenna
September 6, 2020 4:34 am

I think the hardest transit I’ve experienced so far was transit Saturn square my ASC. Felt like everything that could go wrong…. simply did. Oh btw it’s literally my Saturn Return exact right now and yeah it’s as horrible as everyone said it would be. Lucky me getting it on hard mode!

scorpiodawn
scorpiodawn
September 6, 2020 6:14 am
Reply to  Irenna

i have sat sq asc next yr!

StarBright
StarBright
September 11, 2020 3:22 pm
Reply to  scorpiodawn

Me too. In January but I always find tSaturn works a later and not on exact degree.

September 7, 2020 1:48 am

Thanks for the inspiration mystic.

scorpiodawn
scorpiodawn
September 6, 2020 4:22 am

i have saturn sq chiron right now, not moon…maybe i should count my blessings…