Vale The Kardashians

Another day, another fin d’ere indicator. The final series of Keeping Up With The Kardashians’ will air in 2021. It was, of course, totally Pluto in Capricorn-esque: Vast wealth spawned via leveraging a leaked (?) sex tape and proximity to one of the most notorious crimes of the last century.

It first aired on October 14, 2007, with the Libra Sun trine Neptune in Aquarius. Jupiter in Sagittarius was square Uranus in Pisces – a gregarious cultural game-changer, whether you liked it or hated it. As Tim Dillon said recently, the Kardashians created the ‘blueprint for modern television fame.’ They were the prototypal influencers.

Venus was conjunct Saturn in Virgo. Of course, there is no such thing as a spontaneous moment in reality television. It’s meticulously managed and curated, more surreality than social realism. But in their own weird way, the women who Courtney Love referred to as a “Venusian fertility cult in the valley” took on all sorts of issue issues: the Armenian Genocide, drug abuse, pap smears for early detection, transphobia, and loads more.

Kris Jenner, the so-called momager, is a Scorpio With Virgo Rising and a Cancerian Moon. But really, she is all about her 2nd house – the money sector. That’s not a put-down. A former flight attendant, she was 51 when the Kardashians show launched, old enough to have seen some of her peers crash and burn economically. She has Mercury conjunct Neptune in Libra – possibly the ultimate astro-qualification for success in surreality television production – and yes, transit Neptune was trining that when the show launched.

And then, also in the 2nd house, her Saturn, Sun, and Lilith are in Scorpio. Even her enemies acknowledge her rigorous work ethic. I barely watched the show because I hardly watch any television but the 2013 Illuminati Christmas card troll was pure genius.

So the show launched with Pluto mere months away from its launch into Capricorn and the gaudy tabloid geisha drama has been there the whole way through. They’ve called it: the post-GFC boom and bubble phase is done.

Thoughts?

Image: David LaChapelle

4.7 6 votes

Libra Moon Conjunct Pluto
Libra Moon Conjunct Pluto
September 15, 2020 12:10 am

I’d almost wonder if Kris consulted an astrologer… Astrological Consultant to the Kardashians!! Wouldn’t that be a hell of a gig???

Soj
Soj
September 14, 2020 6:56 pm

Not really into them either but I feel they really did something for curvacious bottomed girls like me. Definitely noticed more male attention once they started to dominate popular culture.

dark star
dark star
September 13, 2020 1:05 pm

The kardashians are a very scorped Venusian fam (aka controversial). I like them + think some of their content / media is interesting. Yes the cultural appropriation is problematic. I do think there is some value in them as a matriarchal group demonstrating wealth and power as an example. I’m not rly for billionaires in general in society but I think it’s interesting for them (some of which are poc) to have so much success through “feminine products” which traditionally were made and profited off by men.

Gemyogi
Gemyogi
September 12, 2020 8:34 pm

Hahaha the ultimate grifters – famous for being famous. Celebrity nobodies…
I love smart celebrities or even bad girl celebs like Britney or Shannon Doherty, but the Plastic low IQ kardashians are a big yawn for me

Last edited 13 days ago by Gemyogi
crisannm
crisannm
September 12, 2020 6:58 pm

The more their bank accounts increase, the unhappier they all look in photos. Won’t be sad to see them gone.

SheRat
SheRat
September 11, 2020 9:15 pm

“Post-GFC boom”? Grand Fire Cross? Global Financial Crisis?

fallenangel
fallenangel
September 11, 2020 7:54 pm

So here in California, where we wake up to what looks like a doomscape with our iphones desperately trying to color-correct the atmosphere from its Apocalypse Now setting, plus the you know, 190K of us & counting dead courtesy of the pumpkin who finally bested all anti-US terrorist kill stats through falsehoods & ineptitude, the news about the Kardashian show ending is well, taken as one of the good things to happen in 2021. Understanding of course, that we’re scraping the bottom of the barrel hard. Since many of us have zero healthcare and buying a PS5 every week is… Read more »

S
S
September 12, 2020 1:24 am
Reply to  fallenangel

Thank you for you post. It does sound to me like sensory overload of a nation. Is globalised decay the hallmarks of the today generation? The enamel of time, wears thin on the fabric of humanity. Herd mentality and cultism will always feed the masses and thus appeal to the bottom line drivers. It’s supply and demand. I would have been there for Stevie Wonder, without question. Rihanna is interesting but pedigree dictates my listening styles. I guess that’s my old school education by phonics, alternative thoughts fostered and dinner table political conversation shining through. I think the less I… Read more »

September 11, 2020 3:10 pm

Nothing like saying done and over it to generate a whole lot of publicity. Yes these guys are the masters of publicity. Bet they will be back real soon 😘

16B79B26-B12E-4ACB-878F-78C3BD045186.gif
RitaTocta
RitaTocta
September 11, 2020 9:13 pm

Is that a demon in the back of the car 😲?

September 11, 2020 9:19 pm
Reply to  RitaTocta

If you click on the image you see it as a gif. You could be right ? Either that or one of the sisters after a facial peel 👻

Belinda
Belinda
September 11, 2020 11:23 am

I loved the Courtney Love piece in Interview. Courtney ❤️❤️❤️❤️
I am a sucker for celebrity culture & hoover up anything remotely zeitgeist-y that nods to cultural icons & you, Mystic, are always across that shit!

scorpiodawn
scorpiodawn
September 11, 2020 4:08 pm
Reply to  Belinda

where was this?

Belinda
Belinda
September 12, 2020 10:49 am
Reply to  scorpiodawn
S
S
September 11, 2020 10:42 am

What caught my eye was the “more surreality than social realism” comment. I had watched this show off and on because at the time we had cable TV and it was a novelty. The “we” was someone I had shared with and then become involved with, he cheated and then she stalked me in the workplace. Good bye Government career hello to my nervous breakdown of 2009/2010. I returned to live with the Noodle, his adopted and doesn’t know his ancestry and stuck in the Freudian sexual repression which includes blame and shame cycle. I adore his children and only… Read more »

September 11, 2020 10:39 am

Well Kanye started his own church, so that might be the new path for them.

GreenWitch
GreenWitch
September 11, 2020 8:37 am

Wonder if celeb culture will be affected by Saturn’s entry into Aquarius (and opposite Leo)…

GreenWitch
GreenWitch
September 11, 2020 8:34 am

I saw bits and bobs (or do I mean boobs) while channel surfing. Didn’t appeal. Do find overt sexualisation leads to objectification! But have been agreeably surprised by their engagement with certain causes. I have a feeling that the pendulum is swinging back to a more modest phase. And while you might find it hard to believe, since reality stars fill the UK tabloids, we are also seeing more of a backlash against celebrity culture. And perhaps the suicides/deaths of a number of reality stars has made people more aware of its shadow.

I loved the Christmas card, though!

amazonalison
amazonalison
September 11, 2020 7:01 am

The Kardashians are one of my favorite, I-should-feel-guilty-but-I-don’t indulgences and even though the show isn’t as fun as it used to be, I’m sad to see it leave. This is one of two shows I’d record to make sure I didn’t miss. My own Neptune really ate them up as an escapist fantasy.

Love Merkuri
Love Merkuri
September 11, 2020 6:27 am

Never watched it and never will.

R(Aqua/Tauri)
R(Aqua/Tauri)
September 11, 2020 5:19 am

I watched some of the earliest ones and find the family strangely endearing and fascinating. Though I did not “keep up” I would so tune in for a season about Kanye trying to start a cult in Wyoming while running for president and how the women deal with the pandemic world.

scorpiodawn
scorpiodawn
September 11, 2020 2:32 am

havent seen a single episode
im sure id enjoy it if i did…its just not that big in the u.k.
wish i had a work ethic …