Twelfth House Preview

The next post in my Houses & people series is going to be the 12th House!

For an early concept of the genre, look no further than Terence McKenna.

“We have to create culture, don’t watch TV, don’t read magazines, don’t even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you’re worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you’re giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.

That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told ‘no’, we’re unimportant, we’re peripheral. ‘Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.’ And then you’re a player, you don’t want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.”

See also The Truth About 12th House Transits.

And, if you’re having a twelfth house transit like I am (Saturn, Jupiter, and Pluto), your research list or latest hobbies probably look like my bookmarks, below. Also, in case you did not see, Dan Brown – the DaVinci Code author – has made 3,500 Occult Manuscripts available online.

He has no publicly available birthtime BUT he’s Cancerian (Sun conjunct North Node at Zero Cancer) with Mars, Mercury, and Venus in Gemini. His unexpectedly huge bestseller was published just as Uranus went into Pisces in March 2003. His first book – Angels and Demons – with the Jupiter-Saturn conjunction in Taurus.  He knows his astro, clearly. I think he’s actually a Ninth House person.

He cops a lot of criticism but I love how his books drew esoteric topics into the mainstream. Nobody wanted to hear my thoughts on pentagrams before Dan. Anyway, here are my current research bookmarks FYI. Thoughts?

Image: Chip Simons

5 5 votes

Xiriki
Xiriki
June 15, 2020 5:35 pm

New mystic member here , I’m Gemini sun and mercury , with a Leo 12 house stellium ( moon, mars, Venus, Jupiter ) and this is just what I needed on my bday . Learning more and to dive deeper , thank you so much mystic medusa for stimulating my mind and spirit ! And yes !! Thank you for the new bookmarks !! My book marks , journals , pending course (s) are very similar lol

Vie.Illusoire
Vie.Illusoire
June 13, 2020 1:49 pm

New member here, fairly novice in Astrology and just got my Astral DNA like LAST WEEK, dying for all the reports now!! I have Sun 29 Pisces & Mars 16 Pisces in my 12th, currently micro dosing mushrooms everyday and feeling a spiritual warrior/shamanic consultant type vibe overtaking me in the aftermath of the murder of George Floyd and so many black people here in the US. I can’t wait to read this!!!

June 14, 2020 1:28 pm
Reply to  Vie.Illusoire

You are going to love delving into all the reports! Welcome x

gvolution9
gvolution9
June 13, 2020 12:45 pm

Site looks like a twelfth house dream!
Awesome work!!
Oh.and spare a thought for the peeps having a 12th house transit and are not versed in the astrology..
Ouch..

Star 17
Star 17
June 13, 2020 3:07 am

I’m so thankful to have a teacher like you!!! <3 And yes…I JUST had Mars enter my 12th house, which spans from Pisces to Taurus (my Aries zone is intercepted). It'll be there until next January! I'm trying to take my meditation practice up a notch and resume dream journaling. I also just decided my workouts actually need to be less high intensity and more mellow, for a while.

June 13, 2020 6:08 am
Reply to  Star 17

The workout thing is a revelation in itself !

June 13, 2020 7:36 am
Reply to  Star 17

Hi, I have Mars in my 12th natally. I workout to help release built-up tension. I believe Mars in the 12th needs an outlet.

June 12, 2020 10:38 pm

Love the new looks. Very fresh. Your reading list is like my bedside table and floor. Full of bookmarked tomes. There’s a lot on that list I should have a glance at. I’ve met a number of 12th house suns and I like them. They are usually struggling to find the authenticity in the whole of consciousness. Quite a task but they give it their all. Or they are still struggling with religious dogma which I can never quite understand but each finds their own path.

WaterGem
WaterGem
June 12, 2020 10:19 pm

I’m a 12th houser and a dancer which may be why I noticed that Uranus in Taurus has brought us ‘Electric Slide’ as one of the key dances of the BLM movement⚡️

Calli G
Calli G
June 12, 2020 9:11 pm

I love the new look on the site. Very light and airy (and this Libra sun, Gemini rising is bound to like that).

MissDee
MissDee
June 12, 2020 4:53 pm

This is site is AMAZING!!!!!!! You have again outdone yourself Mystic!!!

Ms.
Ms.
June 12, 2020 10:52 pm

The font titles are a really nice break for the eyes on the text heavy spaces. Visually nicer and easier to read, good move

millenunanotte
millenunanotte
June 13, 2020 8:03 pm

Yes, just got back to my desktop site and it is wonderful! I have had some vision struggles with the mobile. For example, the Oracle 1 slides across the page so the page has to be reduced to get all of the buttons and the text is small; the Daily Personal Horo date is still late; but all good, it is a work in only the tidying stages and done under a grand and wonderful vision. The personal Dailies are brilliant, if only i could adhere to their sagacity.

June 15, 2020 9:25 pm

Yes, of course. Just emailed through Support. Good to help where I can xx

baristagem
baristagem
June 15, 2020 1:20 pm
Reply to  millenunanotte

Just trying out desktop now & it’s really good! 😍

June 15, 2020 9:26 pm
Reply to  baristagem

Desktop is AMAZING.

June 12, 2020 11:11 am

I LOVE the new site Mystic!! So yes, I like you have Pluto, Jupiter and Saturn all over my 26 degrees Capricorn Ascendant, all in the 12th. Saturn and Jupiter make the trip 3 times over my ascendant all the while Pluto is just hanging out. I am currently dug deep into a branch of my Scottish Highlander ancestry. As a matter of fact, I just joined the Clan associated with my most recent related Scottish Highlander ancestor! Turns out their ancient highland lands were near the town of Glenshee which is dubbed “Glen of the Fairies” where ancient tales… Read more »

June 12, 2020 12:26 pm
Reply to  A'NLEIFR

King Arthur and Guinevere in this area:

Lucia
Lucia
June 13, 2020 10:07 am
Reply to  A'NLEIFR

Very fascinating A’NLEIFR. In the last decade I’ve spent some time researching my ancestry and discovered an ancestor born in Meigle way back in the 18 century. It’s haunting.

June 16, 2020 4:12 am
Reply to  Lucia

Thank you!

June 14, 2020 1:24 pm
Reply to  A'NLEIFR

Ah, the white owl! She just came up for me. I also share (not exact place) but the specific linguistic and cultural lineage. Mother made sure i grew up introduced to the Sidhe. I am very excited for you. Happy 12th discoveries!

June 16, 2020 4:13 am
Reply to  milleunanotte

Thank you!

June 13, 2020 2:38 am

OMG! Thank you Mystic!!

June 13, 2020 3:58 am

I just reread the 12th house transit article and wow! How accurate for this!

nikishi
nikishi
June 12, 2020 10:23 am

Dig it. I have Pisces NN in 12th conj asteroid Industria, with Sekhmet close by. This the best excuse I’ve ever seen to embrace my tendency to go down esoteric rabbit holes during work hours, and shamelessly defend the righteousness of this activity.

nikishi
nikishi
June 12, 2020 10:34 am
Reply to  nikishi

Ps. Sample of page titles in my bookmarks: Cats in Finnish Mythology, Ophthalmology of the Pharaohs, Maori Knowledge & Use of Fungi, Elisabeth Princess of Bohemia’s Letters to Rene Descartes, and several articles on Hecate

LotusFlower
LotusFlower
June 12, 2020 8:31 pm
Reply to  nikishi

Gosh what interesting subjects! (makes notes, to go rabbit holing later too)

baristagem
baristagem
June 12, 2020 10:00 am

Amazing site upgrade MM! 💥

Wish Upon a Star
Wish Upon a Star
June 12, 2020 10:06 am
Reply to  baristagem

Yes it’s very easy on the eye.

LotusFlower
LotusFlower
June 12, 2020 8:32 pm

I love it

June 14, 2020 1:21 pm
Reply to  baristagem

The widget, with all our fave asteroids as well!!! We are blessed. We can use so much here to do more practical magic.

Pegasus
Pegasus
June 12, 2020 9:48 am

Has my mac changed overnight or is this a different layout? Am never sure if it’s me or you when something changes. Thanx for my now noticing the 12th house transits, Pluto Saturn with Jupiter -Ceres looking as though they were heading that way in Oct ’19 astrodienst printout. While doing mind-altering drugs was reading Alice Bailey’s books (and the Theosophists) eons ago so seems having been doing the 12th all my life, normal i suppose with ascendant and Venus there. Explains why ‘normal’ relationships never did it for me. Perhaps shouldn’t have played Pete Seeger’s ‘Little Boxes’ on repeat?… Read more »

scorpiodawn

prometheus
pan
here!!!

scorpiodawn
scorpiodawn
June 11, 2020 10:43 pm

i really spnt know these days Mystic!
all i do know is im not living in the seclusion and peace that im desperately craving…one day PLEEASEEE higher power!

scorpiodawn
scorpiodawn
June 11, 2020 10:43 pm
Reply to  scorpiodawn

i only know abt all my asteroid placements thanks to you!

Getsomebalance
Getsomebalance
June 11, 2020 1:04 pm

Apologies for my ignorance, I am only new here and absolutely loving it all, but how do you know when you are having a 12th house transit? According to my chart I have sun, Mars, Mercury and Pluto in 12th house….

LotusFlower
LotusFlower
June 12, 2020 8:35 pm
Reply to  Getsomebalance

On astro.com if you set up a free account you can bring up your chart + transits which clearly shows which houses the planets are travelling through at any time x

Wish Upon a Star
Wish Upon a Star
June 11, 2020 11:42 am

Terence is a Shaman !

I wish I read this when I was a teenager in an inner city suburb of Melbourne and the roots of a big old grand tree emoted to me. Then the tree was omnipresent and the concrete and suburbia disappeared. And no I wasn’t on anything.

I still remember that moment. It is etched in my mind.

June 15, 2020 10:07 pm

Your moment is still and even more to be treasured, Wish..Star. With a different understanding of clock time and soul time, might i ask if there are regrets clouding your “mabarosi” moment? Sometimes the pain of not being understood, and not fully understanding the significance of your own self in the world feels like regret but is part of our journey. I wonder from reading your thought whether Regret wants to simply protect the pain for our earlier selves, and other beings to whom we may have passed on that pain while imperfectly journeying..? I definitely have such regrets. But… Read more »

Wish Upon a Star
Wish Upon a Star
June 17, 2020 7:11 pm
Reply to  milleunanotte

My heart melted when I read your reply. Nature was so strong as it was balancing my lack of nature in outer suburbs. Yes I felt weird living in Melbourne in the 80’s as a teenager. Pisces Ascendant was strong against the back drop of materialism and wearing black. And that was a painful contrast. Everything about my nature was suppressed. Taurus Moon. My first interview was as a childcare worker. Everything fell into place for me as it was natural. But I resented it as my Gemini mind found it too simple and stupid. Low pay. So I threw… Read more »

June 17, 2020 7:26 pm

Wow, yeh wearing black and oh god, all the angsty inter generational contempt while feeding from the old money new money values. The urban growth. And i recall doing a similar ‘clever’ second interview, different circumstance. We knew it all then, eh? But it gives you deeper understanding.

ram-madam ding dong
ram-madam ding dong
June 11, 2020 10:57 am

OMG!! Terence McKenna!!!! He’s become my deepest crush, & my daily goto for a philosophical/spiritual/heart warming fix.

Thanks to Covid, i’ve been able to hook into virtually every youtube of his available. Heaven!

ram-madam ding dong
ram-madam ding dong
June 11, 2020 11:47 am

.. & to peruse his bookshelf!! My 9th house Pluto cj Uranus would adore drinking from that well 🙂

June 12, 2020 9:49 pm

This Covid has been great for browsing YouTube and the web. I’ve found many a soulmate. And as you say listening to all I can find. It’s been a breath of fresh air literally.

R(Aqua/Tauri)
R(Aqua/Tauri)
June 11, 2020 9:23 am

OH I have to add I have been watching Strange Angel the Jack Parsons show! I guess that is more of an 8th house theme than a 12th house theme (and I am having more of an 8th house transit year) but I first read about Jack Parsons on this site and couldn’t believe the story was real. Also I can’t believe he did all this stuff then died at 37, I felt like such a slacker loser when I read that

R(Aqua/Tauri)
R(Aqua/Tauri)
June 12, 2020 9:45 am

I enjoyed the first season a lot when the characters were first learning about Thelema and their simultaneous attraction and repulsion relationship when encountering it. But in the second season when they started showing more of the the rituals and stuff it got kind of cringe. It seemed like hollow Halloween props combined with idk a polyamorous party lol. They also modified much of the facts for TV, like there is a character who is important who never existed in real life and a lot of the show has to do with their relationship. I’m only halfway through the second… Read more »

R(Aqua/Tauri)
R(Aqua/Tauri)
June 11, 2020 9:16 am

“a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world” lol called out! this is what i became after 2 years killing myself in tech for someone else’s dumb product. now i’m like retrieving my soul very slowly.

I have moon and Mars in the 12th. But my big stellium is outer planets + Venus in the 8th. Currently have Uranus transiting my 12th house preparing to cross my moon and then cross my ascendant into the 1st.

June 11, 2020 7:25 pm
Reply to  R(Aqua/Tauri)

Just reading the post again, the same quote really got me, Raché. But when i saw your response, i thought how every ancient culture has ceremonies for the dead. Some of them use the bones, literally as in an ossuary, in imagery as in skeletons (i usually have little patience for animated kids’ films but the Mexican tale i accidentally saw twice and kept watching, is super 12th house!). What if what you built to honour it was actually the farewell to that life? What you now know cannot be unknown, ever. So when you birth the new there are… Read more »

Houdini
Houdini
June 11, 2020 7:06 am

Oh, my! what a list…. Thank you!

12th house stellium here.
We are so overlooked.

libraquarian
libraquarian
June 11, 2020 4:19 am

Can’t wait for this one – doing my Saturn return in the 12th and my bookmarks look exactly like yours but with a financial/investment twist. Two nights ago I dreamt that I accidentally mailed an ex-lover a printed copy of my browser history. Looked at his chart and it turns out he’s got a ton of planets in the 12th. We had a good laugh about it.

June 11, 2020 7:26 pm

Media cats! Very Egyptian Uranian of you, Mystic 😄

libraquarian
libraquarian
June 11, 2020 10:17 pm

Please do share re: the media cats

Boogeywookiie
Boogeywookiie
June 11, 2020 2:57 am

Re: True North -vs- Magnetic 🧲 North… I imagine the infinity symbol which hovers like a halo over our spirit archetypes in Tarot (e.g The Magician in 1; the Holy Spirit angel holding the fiery lion’s jaws in 8) symbolises the path traced by the edges of the Earth pole as it wobbles along while spinning around our Sun ☀️.

87EE0AEC-0765-4E64-9818-601EB9A61722.jpeg
June 11, 2020 7:28 pm
Reply to  Boogeywookiie

😯 Interesting, thanks for the food for thought x

JupiterRuled
JupiterRuled
June 11, 2020 2:45 am

my 12th house Scorpio stellium is jazzed for this

Invicta
Invicta
June 11, 2020 8:28 am

Oh my

Whitehawk
Whitehawk
June 11, 2020 10:52 am

I love that drawing but didn’t know it’s history. I want to know more about these four female Alexandrian alchemists! Thanks Mystic ♥️

June 11, 2020 9:02 pm

Wow, i ran to my previous journal because i know i had drawings of the symbols of tarot, heiroglyphs and planets, which in the drawing process had morphed into something like cartoons or graffiti, and brought onto the page a sense of character, personality, anthropomorphic form of probably me, along with some collected others who interacted in an undercurrent manner at the time. The particular pens i used made the graff form. Anyway, i also discovered i had many 11 juin entries from past years. Haha you can draw those dates interestingly in many ways. I am NOT a calligrapher,… Read more »

Pegasus
Pegasus
June 12, 2020 9:16 am

The first moon-like symbol is very similar to a pair of gold & crystal earrings purchased have from Mimco, often seen tangled in my roll neck sweaters 🙂

Jacqui
Jacqui
June 14, 2020 10:25 am

I dreamt about lots of snakes last night, I tried counting them but there were too many. The bottom symbols would make a great tat

annafras
annafras
June 11, 2020 12:26 am

OMG research rabbit hole! PURE GOLD. Thank you from the bottom of my Virgo stellium-Sagittarius Moon heart!

Invicta
Invicta
June 11, 2020 8:29 am
Reply to  annafras

Oooh yes. Virgo Stellium and Sag stellium here same same reaction and head / heart reaction 👋 I see you friend.

ICPluto
ICPluto
June 10, 2020 10:45 pm

I have natal Saturn, Mercury, Venus conjunct and then Mars all in my Taurus 12H. Transiting Uranus and Progressed Moon are there now, too. The transits from Capricorn to this house have been edifying. But, if you ask me to explain it all, I loosely quote Rilke: ‘We are alone with the alien thing that has entered into our self, because everything intimate and accustomed is for an instant taken away. The new thing in us, the added thing, has entered into our heart, has gone into its inmost chamber and is not even there any more, — is already… Read more »

mooninthe12th
mooninthe12th
June 10, 2020 10:27 pm

My physical and spiritual bodies are ready for this trip <3

Electro
Electro
June 10, 2020 9:21 pm

I love this quote so hard. North node in 12th house conjunct 11th house Pluto.

Jacqui
Jacqui
June 10, 2020 8:52 pm

Ahhh a collector of bookmarks, I hoard them and occasionally purge. (& also in the images books too I see) You’ve given us some fresh fodder and Yes aqua rising too!
(Take#2 add comment works in chrome not samsung internet, Mercury Rx close?)

scorpiodawn
scorpiodawn
June 10, 2020 6:58 pm

yay yay yay yay yay yay i cannot wait

June 11, 2020 7:33 pm
Reply to  scorpiodawn

Yeh, seriously, this is just a PREVIEW???? Exciting!