Solstices, Winter or Summer, are always spooked up. I’ve said this before but as a reminder, they’re cosmobiologically intense. Even though 21st Century people are not as attuned to seasons, it’s impossible to not feel something at the Solstice.
Gravity and the Schumann Resonance frequency are more intense. It sets off all manner of mammalian hormone circuitry and conflicting commands: Breed, no – Eat, Hibernate, Take your Turf back, Wait – Mate? n. This year it comes complete with a Solar Eclipse and the Solar Minimum.
Hormones And Extra-Galactic Space Rays
Nobody knows yet if this will end up being a lengthy Solar Minimum or not but the current consequence is a Space Age record amount of outer-space rays. The most recent high was in December 2009 and we’re about to peak above that.
My theory is that all this makes us physically sluggish but mentally-spiritually ultra-zippy. We’re galactic-frequency-channeling beings enjoying surreal breakthroughs in magic. And we’re serotonin deprived, plague-snacking. tight-jaw/tighter hips/freaked-out-psoas cynics.
So, if you’re edgy – good. It would be completely weird if you weren’t. Just as Eclipses are amplified New (or Full) Moons, this is an intensified Solstice experience.
It’s An Intensified Solstice
Here is my pep talk for this:
(1) The wild magic and potent awareness are real. Trust them and try not to sludge down the brightness by going on a guilt-bender or tormenting your liver with totally toxic sustenance.
(2) Vesta is conjunct the Sun + Moon, promising a creative resurrection for anyone willing to put up with the s**t-fest of unpleasant emotions that precede such breakthroughs.
(3) Eros is conjunct Psyche in Taurus for the next week – this is fantastic for relationships based on some strange formula of sex, fate, and money. And, if you have the opportunity, for rethinking physical routines and grooming patterns.
Sex, Fate & Money
(4) It’s a fantastic time to feel the change of direction you’ve already embarked on. Possibility: An affirmation or illustration of the trip you’ve been on since the last June Solstice. If you don’t remember a Solstice to Solstice with so much fuqery, it’s not just you. This Eclipse Season (the one now coming to a close) activated the Solstice points AND then Saturn/Pluto piled on.
(5) Finally, a House-Witchery suggestion. The herb Yarrow was traditionally associated with the Solstice* and has multiple benefits, including protection and calm.
*Speak to a herbalist or your medical advisor before you try anything new.
Image: Patrick Savile