The Ninth House People

Ninth House people are never contented, as such. It would be cruel to try and coax them into a state they’d see as more akin to complacency. Restlessness and perpetual yearning are unavoidable side-effects of mind expansion. And that’s their Zen. It’s probably also their neuroplasticity. For people with different temperaments, 9th Housers are hard to handle.

It’s not just the automatic expansion of every subject or their epic-length exploratory monologues, it’s that they intellectualize feelings. They don’t mean to be dismissive; they scan for context and then that distracts them into talking about mythology or the self-determinist movement.

The Ninth House is traditionally the house of the “higher mind” – people with the Sun, Moon, and/or a plethora of planets in the 9th*, can’t function without a high concept. It’s also the sector associated with long journeys, education, religion, foreign countries, as well as – more historically – prophecy and gods.**

Ninth House People Can’t Function Without A High Concept

But knowledge itself is their religion. In the days when the houses were initially conceived, a religious vocation was usually the only way you could study. And, in many cultures, you could not encounter ideas different from those in your circle without visiting far-flung lands. You can see how it all came together. Nomadic or sedentary, Ninth House people relentlessly broaden their minds.

Knowledge is like the 5th element to them. They remember when they got woke to it – an incredibly influential teacher, an epiphany while reading or the thrill of realizing that they can build a body of wisdom. In their mind, they are map-makers. They’re seekers, not scholars. If they rack up academic credentials or awards for discoveries, it’s an unintended consequence of their quest.

But most modern education is not made for Ninth House people. Rigid curriculums and the ‘because that’s what’s in the textbook’ style of teaching horrify them. When truth and wisdom are a magical presence in your life, seeing it debauched on a daily basis is a stress event. Some espouse de-schooling society, others are totally self-taught. The school of the 9th House imagination is a palatial library, with gardens for when you want to stroll, think, or discuss.

Knowledge Is Their 5th Element

They’re idealists but uncomfortable lending their cogency to a specific cause. You can’t be an intellectual pioneer if people would accuse you of being compromised the second you tried to change your mind or question something. And even less so if your revenue is reliant on looking busy while you specifically avoid investigating something promising.

You know that syndrome where something is reported as fact or incontrovertible and then it’s repeated ad infinitum without question? That’s like a bat-signal to Ninth House people: they will find the source and ascertain its validity. It’s amazing how widespread this is. Beliefs or systems attributed to ‘ancient lore’ but when you look properly it was written in one book from the Seventies.

The real story threads beneath layers of propaganda, secrets, and mistranslations. If you’ve got the Sun, Moon, or more than one planet in the 9th, you can’t be casual about learning. It inspires genius PhDs on niche topics, life-altering lectures, teaching or research, and lightning bolts of truth in a society that rewards docile compliance to fad-info. No matter what field they’re in – science, the arts, politics, tech – they question every single assumption.

The Real Story Threads Beneath Layers Of Propaganda

Ninth House people also big up every personal challenge or rite of passage. It’s not to be dramatic or ego-centric. Finding a broader perspective on their menopause (like Tori Amos), divorce, Covid-19 (David Byrne’s Reasons To Be Cheerful), or job loss is how they deal with things and generally, their journey illuminates many other people. The Ninth Houser makes sure of it. If they’re creatives, their work reflects their deeper journey.

Even if they don’t work or do anything officially ‘brainy.’ they’re your natural-philosopher friend, an avid reader, or the person who’s always got a research project on. If you want a panoramic perspective to a problem, ask a 9th Houser. Want to get rid of one in a hurry? Be doctrinaire.

Thoughts?

*Ninth House People Definition: Anything at all in the 9th House counts – Sun, Moon, Mars, etc – but the more presence there, the more the oomph. Tori Amos –  mentioned above – has the Sun, Uranus, and Venus in the 9th. David Byrne has Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, and the Sun in the 9th. Annoyingly, lots of people who seem like they’d be big-time 9th Housers – Louis Theroux, Octavia Butler – don’t have their birth time on record.

** In the 15th Century, the Ninth House was said to be ‘God’ and the Third House ‘Goddess.’

Image: Toshinobu Imai

Pino
Pino
July 6, 2020 3:39 am

I was going to ask u yesterday night to do this!!! What in the earth ?! Im venmar cnjnctd” there. In pisces. Thnk u4this!! I ll ask the forces that the seventh is next. 🤗😋😁😃🌍🌎🌏💪🎵🎶

AlMcTav
AlMcTav
June 14, 2020 5:57 am

Sun, merc, Venus, Mars and Chiron in the 9th, in Taurus. I’ve not traveled, but I’m obsessive and aggressively want to learn and understand!

Kmetcalfe
Kmetcalfe
May 30, 2020 5:02 am

I have Saturn, Mars, Jupiter and north node in my 9th house. As well as a number of asteroids. I have sag rising so Jupiter is strong there.

I read constantly, I look at every angle and my best friend jokes I am her cliff notes in life.

sundew
sundew
May 28, 2020 7:42 am

I love this! Sure I am one, but have long lost my birth chart and forgotten the time of my birth. It make you lonely in this society, this era.

Arié Moyal
Arié Moyal
May 23, 2020 3:49 am

This was eerily accurate! Sun in Libra in the ninth house as well as Jupiter Saturn Mercury and Pluto. I even shared it with my therapist.

dizzarina
dizzarina
May 20, 2020 7:13 am

Wow. I really love this post. I have a packed 9th including Sun.

Fave line: “When truth and wisdom are a magical presence in your life, seeing it debauched on a daily basis is a stress event.” This is my life.

Athena
Athena
May 11, 2020 11:10 am

Dance. I like dance. Yes, 9th house woman…..Mars conjunct Uranus in Gemini and north node but in Cancer. Having written a longer post that go zapped, I’ll shorten this. Higher concepts, genius map-maker guide, and love for territories not just here. Oddly too my choice in men seems to be reflected in the 9th house vision. Explorers of the vastness of life – cheers to all 9th housers! Dance.

Wish Upon a Star
Wish Upon a Star
May 11, 2020 1:24 pm
Reply to  Athena

Neptune in Scorpio 9th house.

Yes dance that drama out till it becomes light.

May 11, 2020 9:57 pm
Reply to  Athena

The Hindu Goddess of Wisdom and Learning is patron of dance. Patroness of Arts and Sciences. The traditional dances are based on old texts and mythologies which are treasures of wisdom, but you have to get there through learning and practising and experimenting. Excellent neurological patterns formed when the brain trains with bod! Mind gets freshly patterned.

so_dance
so_dance
May 10, 2020 4:38 pm

Thank you! I’m having a phase right now… not obsessive, just researching while I have a lot of extra time on my hands :). So Uranus is in my natal 9th House, but is passing through my 3rd house right now, I think it has something to do with it. My North node is 9th too

moss1228
moss1228
May 10, 2020 1:34 am

right on

Sam A
Sam A
May 8, 2020 8:08 am

My nine year old daughter has 5 planets in Aries in the 9th house! Not the moon, but her Sun , Mercury , Venus, Saturn and Jupiter. She is broad minded but doesn’t intellectualise emotion, on account of her being a kid but also moon in Pisces. She is adorable.

HAEGlobal
HAEGlobal
May 8, 2020 2:34 am

This post so resonates with me. I’ve been called insufferable at times for always questioning things and digging deeper but I literally can’t do otherwise. It’s my DNA.

mattim
mattim
May 8, 2020 1:20 am

hey thats great, but
…elephant in the room…does anyone else feel just more than a tad let down by the new daily horoscope format ? sooooooooooooooo Jonathan Cainer

HAEGlobal
HAEGlobal
May 8, 2020 2:32 am
Reply to  mattim

So don’t read it. Simple.

May 8, 2020 9:36 pm
Reply to  HAEGlobal

Well, as a s7bscriber, surely Mattim’s feedback is equally valid, HAE?

May 9, 2020 12:30 am
Reply to  milleunanotte

Sure everyone’s comments are valid, but there are ways of saying or asking things, & everything about this comment i found disrespectful as no doubt HAEGlobal did too. I don’t think rudeness is acceptable whether one is a subscriber or not – especially to Mystic who is always trying her hardest to bring us the best & chicest astrology site on the web; and if you actually DO read what she says, you’d know that she is still in the process of fine tuning the daily scopes. One of the great pleasures of being on this site too, is that… Read more »

May 9, 2020 1:58 pm
Reply to  Skarab

Yeh *sigh* b9th 9f you are correct to point out the language of it. I was preparing to farewell a friend, gone young, just in a space of not looking at negatives

Lili
Lili
May 8, 2020 3:58 am

I worry more about astrodienst than your site, awesome MM!!

May 8, 2020 4:17 am
Reply to  mattim

Seriously?! The only elephant around is the one sitting in your mind…. (“sitting” wasn’t my choice of word, but spellcheck is far politer than i am).
I think they are amazing.

May 8, 2020 9:34 pm
Reply to  mattim

I like reading my own personal influences. The adjustment for me has been to see the building, a time frame, i can now look back on yesterday(s) and see how the Personal Daily has operated. It’s starting to blow away the confused figuring of how my general Sun or Ascendant is influencing me, while sleuthing how that works from what i know of others who share those signs. But perhaps a leaky boundaried 12th houser is more apt to see value 8n that, especially with my rather intense therapy journey, now amidst the isolation.

WaterSprite
WaterSprite
May 8, 2020 12:35 am

I have the moon, jupiter, uranus and the south node in the 9th. Big on learning but reading this reminded me how much i absolutely hated school and tortured myself through higher education (twice). Also the doctrinaire point is bang on.

Siofra Lamb
Siofra Lamb
May 7, 2020 8:45 pm

This post is making be laugh out loud because it’s SO on point Mystic !!! When you’ve been studying astrology and mysticism for years, had multiple readings and still get blown away by its accuracy ! I LOVE IT !! I’m Moon & Chiron in the 9th, plus 5 planets/asteroids in Sagg helping oomph those themes. How to get rid of one is the sooo true, I can pretty much deal with any perspective if it’s open but as soon as I’m being told something is a FACT and there’s no further interpretation I’m shutting down… I actually find it… Read more »

AquaMeg
AquaMeg
May 7, 2020 5:29 pm

Definitely me! Have my Aqua sun conjunct the Aqua/Pisces MC in the late 9th house and my Aqua Merc in the 9th house. You’d think with astro like that I’d be an activist, but I feel more like a traveler of the global consciousness. Really enjoying this Uranus in Taurus transit, since I feel more grounded, earthy, and bringing much-needed gardening wisdom to my regular philosophical bent (which is a combo of Transcendentalism and astro mixed with Zen Buddhism and Hindu concepts of reincarnation and karma). Never did like any philosophical or educational rules, hierarchy, or power structures. Have always… Read more »

DarkChocolate

aquaqua
May 6, 2020 11:37 pm

love this!

Nanzee
Nanzee
May 6, 2020 11:01 am

Ninth House Mercury and Sun. Teacher, Librarian, and Perpetual Student. The two greatest loves of my life, one whom I married, were born in other Countries.

Pepseh
Pepseh
May 6, 2020 8:10 am

So timely. The intensity to know more and explore and not fall for fad is real. The contrast of intuitively exploring all the methods gone-before in order to achieve peace, with the restlessness to explore is real. Today I make peace with restlessness. Yada yada.

Saturn in Pisces
Saturn in Pisces
May 6, 2020 7:32 am

North Node in Scorpio the 9th (with a zero degree Sun-SN conjunction in the 3rd so 9th themes come up in my self-actualization a lot, I realize). Loved this – virtually all accounts of the 9th house are pretty shallow in my view, “travel and education,” but Mystic, per usual, speaks the truth about this house, so eloquently and with so much passion. Phenomenal post! Conventional education was true torture for me. The worst experiences of my life universally occurred in classrooms. Mystic, you speak to the deepest level of my soul and conviction here: “When truth and wisdom are… Read more »

babysinclair
babysinclair
May 6, 2020 2:40 am

I have my moon in the 9th and this is on point

May 5, 2020 11:10 pm

Without context, there is no meaning. Subjectivity is great until there’s nowhere to put all the voices. that kind of thing. I love this post. thank you mystic. xx

May 6, 2020 11:26 pm
Reply to  Sam

Subjectivity is psychological – often with an emphasis on psycho.

May 8, 2020 9:44 pm
Reply to  Skarab

Ulp! Yes i am trying to recognise the differnce between knowing myself through allowing and sorting the thinking that arises from feelings, and where it becomes…’psycho’!

Librarius
Librarius
May 5, 2020 10:01 pm

I have Chiron and heavily-aspected Jupiter in my 9th (supposedly Jupiter is also “exalted” in Cancer if that’s still a thing). I wouldn’t have thought these planets are the most personal or defining ones in a natal chart but I could strongly relate to every sentence of this, and could supply every paragraph with real-life examples of whatever tendency/dynamic is described there. Never would have thought of myself as a “9th house person” until now… Maybe it’s amplified by my ruling planet, Venus, being in Sag

NinthHouse
NinthHouse
May 5, 2020 8:16 pm

All of this!!!!

Brightbrowneyes
Brightbrowneyes
May 5, 2020 7:01 pm

Bang on! My Sun, Mercury and Venus in 9th house. Wow.

May 5, 2020 4:17 pm

Reading this post has just brought it home that when you have traits you need to hone them regardless of others telling you you are somehow wrong. We need to realise that the reality of one human being is not the reality of another but neither is wrong. It’s criminal to read of hyper controlling ‘tutors’ screwing people’s phd’s. Or folk walking away from their authentic work because some one else deemed them compulsive or over the top. My want is that every child is given the chance to embrace themselves fully. And then stand their ground. On that note… Read more »

Wish Upon a Star
Wish Upon a Star
May 5, 2020 6:36 pm
Reply to  emg

Of course he is a Gemini, we get it.

LOL!

May 5, 2020 7:07 pm
Reply to  emg

Children learning, yes, and adults, too! The journey is continuous, the learner is an acolyte becoming a sage. Hyper controlling tutors and supervisors may know the parameters of the institution, like priests, but like to withhold their ‘treasured’ enlightenment. Thanks for flagging Jordan Peters, will check this out x

May 8, 2020 3:53 pm
Reply to  milleunanotte

Yes adults too. But if we get the kids then they’ll all grow into fabulously authentic adults giving room to each other. Here ended my utopian view !

FireTryin'
FireTryin'
May 6, 2020 2:23 am
Reply to  emg

Huzzah!

Saoirse G
Saoirse G
May 6, 2020 6:22 am
Reply to  emg

No thanks. He thinks that “existence of patriarchy and other forms of structural oppression, are treacherous illusions, and that he can prove this with science. “The idea that women were oppressed throughout history is an appalling theory.” He also considers the LGBT movement to be dangerous to society.

May 6, 2020 6:34 pm
Reply to  Saoirse G

Oooooh ok may just keep my mental peace and not angry-read

May 6, 2020 10:00 pm
Reply to  emg

Like ASD kids and the spectrum of brilliance that is an individual. Oh how I’d wished I gone to a Steiner or Private School, individuate or die was my thigh school experience. I hate bullying

EdgeofJupiter
EdgeofJupiter
May 5, 2020 3:45 pm

Hey, Mystic can you synthesise a Transit Moon Trine Natal Mercury into an algorithm for us please? Sometime when you don’t have much to do. Like someone turned the lights on today and euphoria is eloquent, to paraphrase your words. Thanks.

BLISS WITCH
BLISS WITCH
May 5, 2020 2:55 pm

5 planets in Sag + this is embarrassingly spot on

May 5, 2020 6:59 pm
Reply to  BLISS WITCH

Oh yeh, you too? I didnt think with my empty 9th that i’d have much to add, just read with interest, but i also felt this description depicted much of me. Maybe differently than for planetary 9th housers…🤔

annafras
annafras
May 5, 2020 1:32 pm

That Tori interview was fire! Would a Sagittarius moon person be kinda 9th house-y? Because it me.

May 5, 2020 7:00 pm

Dear goddess, a SORCERESS REPORT?? You are doing lockdown to the fullest 😁

May 6, 2020 10:03 pm

Ok that’s my next report MM ohh birthday gift to myself

May 5, 2020 7:05 pm
Reply to  annafras

My partner has Moon-SN in Sagg & the description is him too.

May 5, 2020 1:08 pm

Ha ha, it’s so true. Saturn in the 9th here. Can’t take up a new hobby without re-framing it as a “shamanic calling” lol .

isa
isa
May 9, 2020 7:50 am

I could never make sense of my saturn in the 9th and its conventional interpretations (difficulties abroad or with higher education – I am totally the opposite). until someone came up with this and finally got it: you find it impossible to hang around with shallow people and detest gossip. it’s not a matter of not suffering fools gladly, it’s just that even though I love fun people and need a lot of silliness in my life (stellium in the 3rd), I find that this type of people is a waste of time. is that true for you too, lux?

Electro
Electro
May 5, 2020 12:34 pm

Ninth house sun and a Sag Moon 🤘🏻
Been reimagining my birth story as a cursed goddess who was prevented from her actual birth time by an emotionally unstable mother and villainous doctor. Kinda believe it and think it would make a fun modern mythological novel. Guess ya gotta rewrite the book during your Uranus opposition.

May 5, 2020 6:57 pm
Reply to  Electro

Hail fellow 9ner! Looks like”Circe” still be singeing your psyche? Book arrived yesterday & I’m about to begin trip.
Btw, Circe is now traversing our 9th H!

Electro
Electro
May 5, 2020 10:06 pm
Reply to  Skarab

You know it! Circe transit our 9th house sounds purrrfect.
I love love love mythology – not only was I raised religiously but as a first grader I blew through the school readers so they gave me mythology to read. I could totally break down my mom’s astro and I legit hate the guy who delivered me.

May 6, 2020 12:34 am
Reply to  Electro

Oh no! Intrigue….. It’s not often these days that people actually know the person who delivered them.

Electro
Electro
May 6, 2020 10:06 pm

Looking after goats and cats in exchange for access to a badass rare library sounds like a dream. My ninth house sun has too many squares to encounter something that cool.

Lili
Lili
May 8, 2020 4:03 am

At 20, I worked in my boyfriend’s esoteric bookstore and got to use his computer and astro software to create charts. Very very lucky there were few customers, so I had my hours free to read Wicca, astrology, Jung, IChing , Kabbalah…

That was my real education.

May 6, 2020 10:09 pm
Reply to  Electro

That’s very interesting. Almost like a while check with my shrink to discuss some Freudian issues that are operating in the back ground of your Inner Wisdom. Amazing insight into your psyche. I was fascinated by primal knowledge and psychology as a teenager. Made it difficult for me to fit with my age group. Like the ugly duckling complex compared to my golden child sibling. Also my dream space has always been my zone, I guess I am an indigo child after all.,

May 6, 2020 10:04 pm
Reply to  Electro

Maybe you just need to navigate what is necessary and pick and choose (like a choose your own adventure style book).

ScorpintheSky
ScorpintheSky
May 5, 2020 12:23 pm

I almost teared up reading this. Sun, Venus and Pluto/NN 1 degree conjunction in 9th house. I consider it the most important part of my chart although there are officially more important areas and aspects. My interest in everything has always got in the way of surviving though.

May 6, 2020 10:11 pm
Reply to  ScorpintheSky

I can relate like blocking out the buzzing noise that permeates from people and feeling like hey what do I need to know that information for, oh I might need it later.

Joan Bartlett
Joan Bartlett
May 5, 2020 9:38 am

Sun, Moon and Neptune in 9th. Wish I had known this much about me years ago. Have picked up 7 tertiary awards, including 2 Masters degrees on the way…too many interests now to focus on any one single field….adore travel.

Pegasus
Pegasus
May 5, 2020 9:28 am

Empty 9th house but Sun Mercury & Jupiter in Sagittarius. Would these descriptions apply to Sun Sagg?

May 5, 2020 7:10 pm
Reply to  Pegasus

Mercury is ideas, communication, connecting tangents and Jupiter blows up Sag, already powerful by Sun. Maybe lucky you (and i) ain’t got 9th house planets on top of it all !

Pegasus
Pegasus
May 5, 2020 7:46 pm
Reply to  milleunanotte

And i was told size didn’t matter Millie:-)

Pegasus
Pegasus
May 5, 2020 7:47 pm
Reply to  Pegasus

And why i’m happiest without a roof over my head just the sky above me, the heavens my ‘house’.

May 6, 2020 10:13 pm
Reply to  Pegasus

Your gypsy blood of course

May 6, 2020 6:37 pm
Reply to  Pegasus

🤣

By a bloke, tho!

May 6, 2020 10:12 pm
Reply to  Pegasus

I think you own the 9th House Saggo heavy chart

May 8, 2020 10:50 pm
Reply to  S

This is i think for you, Pegasus. The nesting makes it not so clear, but i believe S and i are saying yeah, each in our own ways. S, did i read that right?

May 5, 2020 9:04 am

This 9th H description is verging on the limit of decency of how accurate it is! Sun & Moon in 9th H, Gem cusp, trine Jupiter in 1st here. Yes to everything, including the random 70s thing you mention. (70s were Neptune in Sagg, which explains so much.) Since isolation the reading has been ramped up a few hundred notches too. My partner finally got tetchy with me today & told me that if i didn’t leave him some room on the sofa which is strewn with my reading material (& taken over the apartment), he was going to start… Read more »

Crystallised future
Crystallised future
May 5, 2020 8:56 am

I love your explanation of the houses, they’re so indepth. I must try and find your 12th and 6th house posts. For some reason they’re houses I struggle to decipher/understand when doing someone’s horoscope.

pearl
pearl
May 5, 2020 7:28 am

Sun in Sagg 8th, stellium mars venus moon mercury in 9th cap. This description, Mystic, IS me.

kriblack
kriblack
May 5, 2020 6:25 am

Hmm. I very much relate to this but have absolutely nothing going on in the 9th. But I am Mercury ruled and Jupiter in Gemini and I suppose my research benders tend to be pretty all over the place and Gemini-ish. I’m less about seeking Truth and more about holding multiple versions of truth simultaneously. But I think I could get along swimmingly with any 9th house person!

daniellephant
daniellephant
May 5, 2020 7:57 am
Reply to  kriblack

hello fellow mercury ruled, jupiter in gemini… you said those words just before I could 🙂 “multiple versions of truth simultaneously” = spot on.

Skalpela
Skalpela
May 5, 2020 6:08 am

Errrr, Sun, Moon, Venus, Mercury, Saturn, MC – 9th house in Leo. Acquiring knowledge and getting lost in books and websites is pretty much my life. I never feel like explaining myself to others or don’t necessarily share what I know with others. A lot of the times I assume that they know too and it surprises me when they don’t. On the other hand, pretentious intellectualising show offs do my head in. My other love as a ‘niner’ is road trips full of adventures discovering new places and it doesn’t have to be an exotic destination, there is so… Read more »

kriblack
kriblack
May 5, 2020 11:09 am
Reply to  Skalpela

Lol! Yes to not sharing what you know and then being dumbfounded that your Muggle acquaintances aren’t aware of that random, obscure, esoteric reference to an author who wrote about it 500 yrs ago.

kriblack
kriblack
May 5, 2020 11:11 am
Reply to  kriblack

And if you ever meet someone who DID know the author you were referring to – instant best friend for life! 🙂

FireTryin'
FireTryin'
May 6, 2020 6:26 am

Academia.edu does that. All the obscure PhDs … or just not quite found yet… and the people who also subscribe to the area of your interest.

May 6, 2020 10:21 pm

Like a friend said I need to create a Minder app for music lovers to match make or hook up etc.

Skalpela
Skalpela
May 7, 2020 6:31 am
Reply to  kriblack

Yes! A type of reaction: ‘who even are you and where have you been?’ 😍

Brightbrowneyes
Brightbrowneyes
May 5, 2020 8:32 pm
Reply to  Skalpela

You are a vibe! I so wanna follow you on Instagram. Haha I feel you, my Neptune is in 1st house as well.

May 6, 2020 10:23 pm

Yeah as long as not in a creepy way 😂

Skalpela
Skalpela
May 7, 2020 6:35 am

Well, if I didn’t admire other people’s ideas and projects all the time, maybe my insta would look more interesting and the same goes for writing down my own stuff instead of reading other people’s creations 🤦🏻‍♀️

Scorpio_Rising
Scorpio_Rising
May 11, 2020 1:03 am
Reply to  Skalpela

I have no planets in my 9th house, in Cancer/Leo, but I relate to your comment. I research, read, study and look at Google maps, travel websites etc…I’m always learning and traveling extensively in my mind esp. now it’ll be a while before it’s safe for me to travel again.

VenusRules
VenusRules
May 5, 2020 5:18 am

9th house Cap moon, am an editor, a writer, a researcher, and very much an autodidact. I love self-directed learning, reading, historical objects, museums. I love to travel but more Cap style (nice hotels) than Sag style, although my Saturn and Venus live in Sag. Right now Pluto is almost done with my 9th – it’s hovering in its retrograde less than half a degree from my midheaven, but won’t cross it until January 21. Wondering what it will bring as it makes that final push.

May 5, 2020 7:13 pm
Reply to  VenusRules

I reckon your “although” is actually a “because” 😀

Damndspot
Damndspot
May 5, 2020 4:50 am

Mars and Jupiter in Taurus there. Jupiter is conjunct Algol (gulp) and Epona, which I discovered using Mystic’s asteroid report! My entire life is engineered toward knowledge and learning. Happiest and most expansive when I’ve got a macro idea to share with my students or mentors. All of this tracks

Ms.
Ms.
May 5, 2020 5:57 am
Reply to  Damndspot

I’ve always loved 9th house people, I have nothing there myself but I love to watch them go. Like wind up toys

crembert
crembert
May 5, 2020 4:39 am

Yes— Sun, Venus & Jupiter in a tight stellium, also with SN, in 9th house Taurus. Opposite another NN-Moon-Uranus Scorpio 3rd house Stellium. See saw.

I was just thinking, I bet there is a higher than average percentage of ninth housers that follow you MM! Lots of pithy information everywhere one turns on this site. Xx

@iris
@iris
May 5, 2020 4:00 am

aye, Venus-NN in 9th. love for other cultures and languages, self-taught polyglot, (too) idealistic = ✅ doesn’t help miss Venus (+NN) is in Leo too, lol. Everything I own (esp. what I wear) is from some random place on the planet. Can’t wait to buy shit from Mars. Zen = Intense googling while doing something strangely acrobatic. Reading peer-reviewed academic papers while doing the splits. Researching the occlusive properties of Vaseline while having a one-person dance party. Also, was JUST randomly talking to someone abt Isaac Newton’s Alchemy obsession, looked at the chart since it whispers secrets the mouth won’t,… Read more »

kriblack
kriblack
May 5, 2020 11:26 am
Reply to  @iris

Cackled out loud at “can’t wait to buy shit from Mars”! My best friend and I will see you at the grand opening of the first Mars Boutique. If we hear of an alien trading post out of Alpha Centauri before then we’ll let you know. One of our main motivations for wanting to make Contact is to see what the art and fashions are like.

May 5, 2020 7:17 pm
Reply to  kriblack

I adored ‘ one person dance party’ and you just know some of it is nude or bare chested! Nothing weird, that’s the Sag roll 🤣

veronica
veronica
May 8, 2020 10:00 am
Reply to  milleunanotte

Ha ha OMG Millie, my Sagg moon- neptune partner does regular nudie/bare chesty one person dance parties in the kitchen…totally how he rolls!!!

May 8, 2020 11:14 pm
Reply to  veronica

I broke 5 pairs of wired headphones in a year, trying not to disturb my neighbours with much needed amplified music for ☺ yeah, that ! I have Jupiter in there, too, and the whole thing is on the rise. I imagine your bf is expressing his energy more than trying to be sexy 😄 And that you probably find it hilarious. Haha home is where the heart is 🤩🤗

tinarowley
tinarowley
May 5, 2020 3:19 am

Love this so much. Mars in Sagittarius in the 9th for me, coupled with both a strong Mercury and huge mutable energy. I feel myself in here. Formal schooling began as a pleasure and then increasingly turned into frustration, but I’ve never stopped learning and I never will. Nothing is more exciting to me than the big reveal of (especially esoteric) learning. But if I’m not organically thrilled to be pursuing a kind of knowledge, then I know it’s not mine to hold.

Golightly
Golightly
May 5, 2020 2:58 am

I’m so relieved to read this post. I only have mars in gemini in the 9th house but that seems like 2 people all the time right? So restless, never satisfied, always seeking, discontented with any routine. I wish meditating could be my job.

Golightly
Golightly
May 5, 2020 3:03 am
Reply to  Golightly

on another note Mysic: I read the entire interview with Tori Amos since you highlighted it and she is so relevant an example of a 9th house animal. I wouldn’t have read that interview had you not included a link. I want more of that, would love to know what you are reading, tapping into, supplementing.

May 5, 2020 7:19 pm

Whoah, shit, you’re on Witch Speed! (All natural, tho) Brilliant lady. You have really blessed my days, and even the darkest nights of the questing soul xxxx

Hel
Hel
May 5, 2020 1:45 am

I dont understand the hard to live with part though. Is intellectualizing feelings and talking a lot so difficult to live with?

May 5, 2020 9:46 am
Reply to  Hel

Unbelievable, right?🤷🏻‍♀️

May 5, 2020 7:22 pm
Reply to  Hel

Haha apparently we get tiring. Had a quadruple Sag bestie once, with a damaged background and who was an artist and party-hearty…it taught me head fatigue from not getting a word in! But i know i can do it to others, at least in my younger years.

FlyingFox
FlyingFox
May 5, 2020 1:10 am

Yes. To everything. Sun, mercury, and mars in the 9th house and ‘seeker’ is a perfect identity fit. I recently graduated therapy after a year of the most intensive personal work yet, and my therapist said, “You have the heart of an adventurer. Your life is going to continue to change as it seems you can’t stop yourself from learning and growth at the deepest level. And your ability to explore the depths of context and experience is rare.”

May 5, 2020 7:24 pm
Reply to  FlyingFox

Congratulations on graduating deep personal learning! Your teacher sounds amazing, and i think big 9th energy finds good good teachers for every stage of life…it happens by chance and synchronicity.

FlyingFox
FlyingFox
May 7, 2020 2:33 am
Reply to  milleunanotte

I think you must be right. Ever since I can remember, I have always been searching for my next teacher/mentor/counselor/advisor…and I can’t imagine NOT having one.

Hel
Hel
May 5, 2020 1:05 am

Thank you, Mystic! I love it! Chart ruler Mercury, conjunct sun in ninth house. This was spot on.

May 5, 2020 12:27 am

I don’t have anything in 9. Except it’s saggi of course. But I think my Venus plays a big part in my constant striving for knowledge and my mc at the galactic centre doesn’t help me zen without a lecture. Currently at 3am I am listening to a great astrologer who is a fabulously read guy, very young but really knowledgable with a superb grasp of language which is such a joy for me that he has become my night time partner.

May 5, 2020 7:30 pm
Reply to  emg

Love reading that about you, emg. It’s so nice! I’m different with lectures, bc Merc Aries gets flash-beamed the message by opposing Uranus and with the Sag multis might get bored… But for Neptune Moon etc trine Mercury in 5th, which makes me turn to listening to voice modulation and content patterning of the lecturer. I appreciate what i learn of their feeling about performing and/or their s7bject through their tones, and adore a beautiful voice. Of course, also their choice of language bc some words cannot be uttered in certain tones. And then their repetition/ own word references to… Read more »

Charley
Charley
May 5, 2020 12:15 am

Moon-Mars-Neptune all in the 9th (and also in Sag). Literally feel like I am in a state of panic if I’m not acquiring new knowledge at all times (have to have podcasts, audiobooks etc running). Never happier than when surrounded by books or talking big ideas, as a kid I remember panicked weeping if I ran out of reading material or things to learn BUT I rejected school totally and had to be home schooled (which was just me teaching myself stuff and nobody paying any attention). I only just returned properly to education at almost 40 (social sciences) and… Read more »