Cyber Chiron

Are you looking for a non-Gerbera take on an upcoming Chiron Return? Or wondering why interpretations of your anything conjunct Chiron talk about “wounding” and read like an Eighties encounter group?  Don’t freak but I’m coming up with a new definition of Chiron*.

I never liked the ‘wounded healer‘ archetype or even the centaur association. In January 2019, I called Chiron the Cosmic Detective but they’re more like a cyberpunk rogue gamer recruited to code the infrastructure for the Matrix. Only…they’re secretly working for Wyrd. The funky orbiting astro-phenom (it’s so irregular, the only thing you can guarantee about Chiron timing is the Chiron Return between age 49 to 51) is classified as a minor planet and a comet. That’s totally ‘unique asset’ material.

The New Definition Of Chiron

The name means “hand” – as in ‘the Queen’s hand, a la Game of Thrones?’ The mythological centaur Chiron was not like the other centaurs, who behaved like psychotic frat-boys. He was a healer, a herb-literate psychotherapist to gods and heroes. I’m not sure the goddesses liked him that much; one could almost imagine him mansplaining hemlock to Hekate or suggesting the best routes in and out of the underworld to Persephone.

Additionally, the planet/comet is between Saturn and Uranus – a “rainbow bridge,” as Barbara Hand Clow put it. The idea was that the Outer Planets were more difficult to integrate into our consciousness than Mercury, Venus, Mars, and Jupiter – so Chiron consciousness helped take us from earthly Saturn vibe to Uranus and beyond.

Chiron Return Is A Quantum Reboot Of Your Nervous System

But Generation X, the Pluto in Virgo people currently in the Chiron Return zone, didn’t get a conventional Saturn paradigm to reject. We (and Millennials even more so) were compelled into Outer Planet vibe early. We detoured around Saturn, at least in its job-for-life/free university study/wise establishment career mentor guise, and went straight for Uranus.

But the rainbow bridge concept, along with Melanie Reinhart’s similarly popular and influential book –  Chiron and the Healing Journey – set the tone for Chiron as Indigo Dude. Admittedly, the classic collection of planetary archetypes was lacking a cool, chakra-woke, kahuna healer. More recently Clow compared Chiron to Jesus Christ. The centaur Chiron was a martyr in the end, sacrificing himself to save Prometheus but there are enough saints. And what if you don’t see your Chiron Return as a healing crisis or want Jesus drifting around when you’re trying to focus?

21st Century Chiron Is Techgnostic

Well, every single close Chiron conjunct-anything transit (including Chiron Return) is a new trick or talent. And if you have natal Chiron conjunct anything, you’re gifted there. Chiron Return is not a cue to quieten down and look back for crap to resolve: it’s a quantum reboot of your nervous system, psyche, brain-power, and personal magic potential. Spiritual and creative energy surges in inverse proportion to your concern for conformity – the rest is logistics and hormonal fluctuations that could even be kundalini symptoms.

21st Century Chiron is techgnostic and represents opportunities to expand your consciousness at warp speed. I don’t think they’re the rainbow bridge to Uranus but they’re definitely a gateway drug. In fact, if you were born between 1951 and the early 90s, you probably have Chiron opposite Uranus. Given that they’re both maverick, what is the difference? Uranus is revolutionary and runs in seven-year cycles that, over the long term, reveal a pattern.

A Secret Agent For Wyrd

Chiron is not revolutionary, as such. If there is a pattern, it’s more like secret levels in a game. They’re like those characters who pop up in stories who are living secretly in strange places, usually with cool powers that they created themselves. Chiron is not a Trickster, like Mercury, Uranus, or Hekate. They’re aloof and on some inter-galactic neuro-spectrum but they’re nifty-survivalists. It’s a helpful astrological influence, if you get their references.

Chiron is a consciousness that could not have happened before 1977, the year this planet/comet was discovered. Chiron is modernity. And, if you don’t believe me, think about what occurred in 1977:

* It was the dawn of genome sequencing – jump cut to 2020 and you’re browsing Ancestry DNA.
* Inventions included fiber-optic cable, the personal computer, automatic teller machines, and the personal stereo.
* Roots: The Saga Of An American Family – a prime time television series based on Alex Haley’s Pulitzer prize-winning autobiography – broke viewing records. The network was anticipating a flop, due to its majority African-American actors and the raw depiction of slavery. It’s still the third-highest rating television series ever.
* The original Star Wars came out, irrevocably altering cinematic culture.

1977 Had Multiple Future Seeds

* Yves Saint Laurent released the perfume Opium, a fragrance ‘fork’ from the classical scent canon and the start of the controversy-as-marketing-campaign era.
* A New York court found in favor of the plaintiff Renee Richards, a tennis player who had had gender reassignment surgery, setting a new legal precedent.
* Disco plus Punk happened. Defying, well, everyone, singles from the debut album of The Clash shot up the charts. Brian Eno and David Bowie called Donna Summer’s ‘I Feel Love’ “the sound of the future.” It was a definitive cultural turning point.
* The bodybuilding classic Pumping Iron was released, changing physical culture forever.

Chiron is chaos magic, techno-elementals, and ineffable, contemporary Zeitgeist sensibility.

Thoughts?

* Is my new definition of Chiron hubris? Not at all. The stars and planets in our solar system were mostly named centuries ago and the associations spanned multiple cultures.

The second planet from the Sun, for example, has always been Venus A.K.A. Aphrodite, Ishtar, Inanna, Shukra, Taibei and countless more. Saturn, Betelgeuse, Orion, Mars, and all – they are established archetypes.

But the more recently discovered astro-phenomena are not so entrenched and there are no automatic ‘must be an Olympian deity’ rule to the naming. Frankly, it’s all been screwy since astronomers demoted Pluto.

Image: Miro Denck

Pleiades
Pleiades
July 12, 2020 12:29 am

I’ll have to read this a few times to begin to get it… I have been searching for satisfactory Chiron definition as it is the space-body that “ties my chart together.” Conjunct jupiter/ceres (Kataka, 3rd), square moon/venus/eris (Aries, 12th), opposite neptune/uranus (Cap, 12th), trine pluto/juno (Scorpio, 6th), sextile mercury (Taurus, 12th) tight semi-square to sun (Gem, 1st), all within a maximum orb of 5 degrees… I know there is something there… Contemplating the mystery… Also, this is my first comment on this website… I “discovered” it about a week ago… I am utterly in love with this writing… Powerful and… Read more »

Last edited 24 days ago by Pleiades
rachel
rachel
June 15, 2020 12:07 am

Natal Chiron conjunct kataka Ascendant, but in the 12th…and trine Pluto in the 5th

Saoirse Kirke
Saoirse Kirke
June 8, 2020 2:02 pm

Chiron conjunct sun, in the 8th. My first astro reading I was told I “should go into sex therapy” Glad I kept studying. Aries 8th house peeps not known for their healthy values, I’ll still be peeling trauma off a few more years now that I figured out I had it. It just danced with Lilith on my natal moon. 4 more degrees til it’s on the Venus sun conjunction. I’m tired. dunno. But I once, bored, did a composite chart of several generations of my family,5 I think, and the composite Chiron of all of them, ancestors and the… Read more »

Saoirse Kirke
Saoirse Kirke
June 8, 2020 2:03 pm
Reply to  Saoirse Kirke

Follow up to “I’m having the best life ever”

I think I’ll be in vow of silence mode soon enough.

June 9, 2020 7:33 pm
Reply to  Saoirse Kirke

🖖🏽

Librarius
Librarius
June 4, 2020 9:06 pm

I love the concept of newly-discovered celestial bodies being separate from the ancient classical canon. But this new definition of Chiron is still a bit hard to grasp (not to say the centaur-Chiron was easy to understand or apply…). Mine is in the 9th and I suspect it might be conjunct with Jupiter (need to check). I don’t know what it’s got to do with me opting out of continued higher education and only being seriously interested in the ultimate spiritual quest, but maybe a little bit

Neptunian goat
Neptunian goat
June 3, 2020 1:42 am

What does Chiron Gemini conjunct mc means ?

Hilarygherkin
Hilarygherkin
June 2, 2020 3:53 pm

Hmmm, I can’t say I can get a grip on Chiron after this.
Possibly having Chiron in Leo in 11th opposing my Saturn in Aqua in the 5th means I feel afraid to share my creativity in public?

LibraLilith
LibraLilith
June 2, 2020 7:00 am

Natal Chiron at 11 Aries in my 7th and sitting opposite my lilith, uranus, sun, merc 1st h conjunction. It’s currently 3 degrees off my Chiron return so I’m watching with interest.

June 1, 2020 10:37 pm

I´ve always had a lot of questions about Chiron because it felt like a basic sentence answer when I asked. I have a “bucket chart” and Chiron is the handle, people said it was important but not really why. When I researched this it was only half satisfactory. My natal Chiron is in Taurus in the 11th house, closely trined to Jupiter and then Lilith in Virgo 3rd house, NN Virgo in the 2nd house. The old school dictates that 11th house Chiron will never fit in or find a tribe and in Taurus to have issues with the body… Read more »

H1L0
H1L0
June 1, 2020 1:32 pm

I would love to know more about Chiron aspects, particularly my chiron conjunct ascendant in Taurus. I have not really seen an astro report that touches on these aspects in detail.
Reading that it means I am painfully self-conscious and have low self-worth can be a little melancholic. While at times this has been the case, I feel those times were influenced on ‘nurture’ rather than ‘nature’. Perhaps I have just answered my own question.

June 1, 2020 9:20 pm
Reply to  H1L0

You sound like an empath to me. The ‘symptoms’ you describe say to me, an empath who doesn’t know they are one, or you know and have been taking on the pain of others. Turn those ‘symptoms’ around and you see the attributes of empathy. There is saying in Hasidic philosophy, something like, “in silence one can feel the pain of the world” it relates to those who from a young age had broken or no parental contact. This is the silence where the youngster learns, feels the wider group. They are said to grow to become great empathy’s, spiritual… Read more »

H1L0
H1L0
June 3, 2020 12:44 pm

Hey David, thanks so much for taking the time to make such a considered response. It definitely resonates for me and apparently for others too judging by the likes!

June 4, 2020 6:45 pm
Reply to  H1L0

A note for you and dark chocolate below.
Your post was honest and expressed your situation in a clear way. I was able to feel your super power straight away.
Learn how to wield that power and how Chiron is helping. The world needs high functioning Empaths !

DarkChocolate
DarkChocolate
June 4, 2020 5:09 pm

Thank you for this! I have Chiron conjunct AC in Taurus, plus my Moon is in Pisces. More empathy than I can handle 🙂 Also, your remark “it relates to those who from a young age had broken or no parental contact” hit home – my mom passed away when I was 15…

June 4, 2020 6:31 pm
Reply to  DarkChocolate

There’s a process that can help. It’s helped me for many years. When you feel sadness, pain, both physical and mental, uncomfortable self consciousness, find some stillness and ask the question. Is this my pain ? Is this my sadness ? The answer will become clearer the more this is practiced. I think you’ll find that often the answer will be not only that no, this isn’t your pain but you will get a picture of who’s pain you have taken on. At that point you should decide to not carry it. Empathy is not carrying someone else’s pain. Empathy… Read more »

DarkChocolate
DarkChocolate
June 4, 2020 5:07 pm
Reply to  H1L0

I also have Chiron conjunct AC in Taurus.
I feel you 🙂

June 1, 2020 6:15 am

I love Chiron. And have always resonated with the arrow in the ass. He plays a super role in The song of Achilles. I get the archetype. I understand his nature. I feel saturn in him but there is also the openness of Uranus and beyond. He’s magical, a teacher, wise and strong totally anti fragile and he cares in a saturnine way allowing all their freedom. We don’t gain our freedoms through beds of roses. We gain it through the trials of which there are many and to deny them would be folly. Feel the arrow, understand the poison… Read more »

riverwilding
riverwilding
June 1, 2020 5:08 am

My Mars and Chiron are both in Virgo, which apparently is not an ideal placement for either? I have overworked myself for ten years just to please my bosses, my family, my friends, and that’s a huge Virgo theme.

June 1, 2020 5:30 am
Reply to  riverwilding

Mars and Chiron in Virgo makes me think of a surgeon, someone deeply specialised, mastery personified. Your service doesn´t have to be the doormat. You would be amazing at what you do no?

Chrysalis
Chrysalis
June 4, 2020 8:10 pm
Reply to  riverwilding

I’m sorry you’ve been given such a negative interp of Mars in Virgo… I’ve always seen mine as a superpower. I’ve found by focusing on the details of big tasks I get them done. It gives me persistence, focus and drive. It sounds like yours does too. With Chiron in Virgo, are you in your late 20s? Perhaps with your Saturn return on the horizon, you are starting to wake up to the inequities in how you have used your formidable Mars power to benefit others, instead of yourself. That’s a really powerful insight.

scorpiodawn
scorpiodawn
June 1, 2020 4:25 am

Currently have Chiron conj moon..my son has sun conjunct chiron…he’s musically gifted, yay

May 31, 2020 11:45 pm

An astrologer page I was reading a few years ago thought Libra should have Venus flicked off as the patron planet and Chiron be instated instead. I’ve been humming and haaahing over that ever since. What do everyone/anyone else think about that?

June 1, 2020 12:11 am

What was the reason?

June 1, 2020 1:38 pm
Reply to  Ms.

Iron fist in a velvet glove? Having pondered on it, and me having 50% of my family as libra who drive me all mad with their softly, softly approach to anything (I have Mercury in Aries. Lol! What a mix we are!!!), it seems to me Librans will do anything to avoid rocking the boat. But if you leave the boat on its current course it may just crash into the rocks you know? And then you have to get out of the boat to save yourself, or you have to rebuild the thing if you want to move forward.… Read more »

June 1, 2020 10:38 pm

So which are the planets it pings off, and your NN?

June 2, 2020 7:59 am
Reply to  milleunanotte

Conjunct sun, Venus (in the middle) in 8th house Pisces, opposite Mars and Pluto in Virgo, square NNode in 11th house Gemini, trine Neptune in 4th house Scorpio, within orb of Jupiter in 10th house Taurus (3 degrees). A tea leaf reader said to me a few years ago “your life has always been a cyclone”. It has!!!

June 1, 2020 10:37 pm

In Libra is the balance, artistic aesthetic, ephemeral beauty like perfume, the arts of seduction with flirtation, the traditional masculine and feminine swirling into sweet and heady balance or superficial irritabilities, and most of all, Air. Which does not seem right to be ruled by a renegade dirty centaur with rebellious healing arts and an arrow in…really, EMG, the arse??? Ehgads!

June 2, 2020 8:14 am
Reply to  milleunanotte

The arrow in the arse was not my comment. However, the downside of Libra is evasiveness until forced to take a position, denial of a problem until confronted, pretence of all is fine until it isn’t. By not making ‘the decision’ it can then be ‘someone else’s fault’ when things go wrong. My mother is a quadruple Libran, and if you count Jupiter at 0 degrees Scorpio, you could probably throw that in too. My father and sister both only have 2 planets in Libra, and I’d say both of those display the traits I have outline as the downside.… Read more »

June 2, 2020 11:30 pm

No, i referenced EMG as the arrow commenter. And on that finer point, can see very much how your Sun, Venus, Mars, Pluto and Scorpio WITH Merc in Aries often have a gutful deep in the entrails and pinging up high out with that King Jupiter in Taurus. The finer things in life are discrimination, appropriate and luxuriant earthly and environmental pleasures of your making. Can’t fully imagine (or shudder in sympathy) your father’s amazing treasure hoards left to junk and dusty disarray. For you, a project is one thing that will bring sweet fine focus, for him, some inchoate… Read more »

June 3, 2020 8:40 am
Reply to  milleunanotte

My mum has a packed range of planets in scorpio and runs multi-million $ companies. My dad has Virgo loaded with 4 planets and actually (can you believe it????? Doesn’t match his obsession with junk aye!!!!), when looking at his chart zoomed – he has Sun, Mercury and Chiron all at 9 degrees Libra!!!

Actually most of my family and even one of my daughters have one or 2 houses fully loaded and a few planets scattered elsewhere in the chart. We can be intense…,,

May 31, 2020 11:33 pm

Chiron went back and forth over my natal Chiron for a few years, and in amongst THAT, I had a lover for 2 years that had Chiron exactly – to the decimal point – the same degree as mine. We weren’t even born in the same year! My Chiron is conjunct/jammed between Sun and Venus, opposite Mars and Pluto and just to top off all the activity, square my north node. I spent years running away from what I thought was the worst of me – fierce temper but a steadfast warrior if challenged (not just for me, but if… Read more »

June 1, 2020 3:38 pm

For me, Chiron showed me that what I once thought were my least attractive or useful attributes are actually my most valuable.

Yes, exactly. That’s the correction I mentioned below. Chiron return corrected my view of certain attributes and showed me how valuable they are to me and more importantly others. My only regret in life is that I didn’t take notice earlier. The inner struggle I had for many years proved to be a futile effort to eliminate, minimize, heal ? something that didn’t need anything more than to be expressed.

June 1, 2020 6:23 pm

Amen brother. This is it. How useful all your traits are when expressed well. Chiron return is about this is me. And I no longer feel the need to apologise. Well put david

June 1, 2020 10:44 pm

🙂

WizarDora
WizarDora
June 2, 2020 11:07 pm

“I was just saying what everyone else was too scared to voice”

OOF, this really spoke to me. Thank you.

Lili
Lili
May 31, 2020 10:56 pm

Yes to liberating Chiron from musty tweeds! My Aqua Chiron lives in my 3rd opposite Leo Uranus square my Asc-Desc. The amazing Martha Lang-Westcott describes Chiron as maverick- exceptional. She gives to Psyche the wounded healing bit. While I abandoned my formal uni education for travel and did not finish, I am a go-to for legal-medical-healing. People call me and say “I don’t know why I am asking you, but I had a feeling you’d know..” At work I am the sole person in my job. Pre-Chiron Return I saw mostly differences. Now I see commonality and feel more compassion.… Read more »

June 1, 2020 3:42 pm
Reply to  Lili

Tech savvy ? Look into what is being called low code app development. The Claris (FileMaker) platform for example is an excellent set of tools to take you simply from excel to custom iOS apps in a very short time. Good luck 🍀

Lili
Lili
June 3, 2020 1:15 am

Thank you, David!

Electro
Electro
May 31, 2020 9:13 pm

I was born in 1977 with Uranus on my ascendant, Chiron on my descendant, and both square my Leo sun. The current Uranus cycle is throbbing my Chiron and stoking my t-square while all this crazy surreal energy swirls around the earth. I’d love to share some personalized Chiron wisdom but I feel like I’m still working on getting into my power. Or not working on it and letting it bubble up and be absorbed. xo

June 1, 2020 5:48 am
Reply to  Electro

Born 66. Chiron on my asc with Saturn opposite pluto Uranus at DC. You come into yourself at your Chiron return so your feeling of not there yet is right. Once it occurs it’s like you slam the door throw away the key and proclaim this is me take it or leave it. And you really mean it. Must admit my health has been utter crap but I’m beginning to find the path. It’s empowering in a very strong but subtle way. Or at least that’s my take on it.

Electro
Electro
June 1, 2020 12:14 pm
Reply to  emg

My brother had Pluto on his DC, so I hear that one. Do you think that part of the Chiron path is finding the way to personal health? Just curious because of the way you worded that sentence. Do you happen to know your Chiron line in astrocartography? I live near mine so I know the influence is amped.

June 1, 2020 6:25 pm
Reply to  Electro

My health has always had to be personal. Figured it out myself. I’ll look at my Chiron line. Currently living on my moon ic line. It’s awesome. Lockdown how appropriate.

Electro
Electro
June 1, 2020 8:50 pm
Reply to  emg

That sounds so nice! Glad your new place is working out with the stars. I visited my Jupiter line last year and my Pluto line the year before that. Not intentionally, just coincidence, and they were palpable energy experiences. Thank you for your insights, emg.

June 1, 2020 10:46 pm
Reply to  Electro

That´s so good, my jupiter line is in the middle of the ocean lol

June 2, 2020 7:04 pm

haha great, well it beats finding a good spot in the middle of the Pacific Ocean

Invicta
Invicta
June 2, 2020 10:11 pm

That will be super cool.

Electro
Electro
June 3, 2020 6:46 pm

Awesome! I can’t wait for the house intel.

Gia
Gia
May 31, 2020 6:26 pm

Totally agree about Pluto.

Geminian
Geminian
May 31, 2020 5:09 pm

I’m in the first wave of Chiron return. It’s conjunct my Midheaven and sextiling my Sun/Mercury, so arguably, it’s on my case. Interestingly, I just secured a contract that sees me obtaining some security work-wise, in these very odd times. I didn’t expect it but I had been working long hours and when my Chiron return was exact, I was rewarded for it. It’s been quite the hero’s journey on so many levels (talk about returning with the elixir!) I work in higher education, and it all seems to be making sense to me, especially in terms of the getting… Read more »

May 31, 2020 7:52 pm
Reply to  Geminian

Great to read. Well done

Geminian
Geminian
June 1, 2020 10:56 am
Reply to  Ms.

Mysticcaitlin
Mysticcaitlin
May 31, 2020 5:08 pm

100% in for this description of Chiron!

May 31, 2020 2:49 pm

I love this and certainly think that we aren’t anywhere near set on what Chiron brings. I have Chiron in Aqua 8th house and had my return a while ago. There was definitely a correction in my life, a refound skill emerged to fill the void at that time. Chiron continues to prove itself as my private guru. Currently conjunct my mercury and moving to conjunct my SN, MC and then Sun. Underestimating it is impossible after the return. Chiron is slow moving and so are it’s effects but they are cumulative and last, I think only in later life… Read more »

May 31, 2020 8:02 pm

I met an astrologer who told me my uranus opposition chiron and my return coming would be shit, so this is encouraging to read. It is my nature to find the best way to do something and focus on the overall point of the experience. Chiron has almost conjunct my MC then it will oppose pluto later. I love that you note it as a correction and a refound skill because that is kind of what I feel I am building towards.

Lili
Lili
May 31, 2020 10:58 pm

David, Chiron in Aries moves opposite my Libra stellium. I have returned to meditation, the Seth books, running and NLP to prep.

June 1, 2020 3:50 pm
Reply to  Lili

Just re reading Jane Roberts
Adventures in Consciousness: An Introduction to Aspect Psychology.

Possibly the most influential book I’ve read in my life.

Whitehawk
Whitehawk
May 31, 2020 2:31 pm

I love this, and makes total sense to me! I have Chiron conjunct my Midheaven, and having to align with the status quo literally makes me sick. I always thought it was my strong Uranian signature and Aqua Moon, but this makes so much sense to my sense of life purpose vibe. I dig flying under the radar and inventing creative ways to fuck with dominant paradigms from other dimensions. It’s all about visioning new worlds with sound and plant magic.

May 31, 2020 9:15 pm
Reply to  Whitehawk

Sounds like both, nice mix

June 1, 2020 5:55 am
Reply to  Whitehawk

Chiron on the asc. Never been main stream. Can’t do societal protocol. Always been weird and only just learning to speak up even though I’m often not understood. Or thought of as shameful. I’m very outer planet. I love the idea of fucking with dominant paradigms from other dimensions. Blissful.

Jacqui
Jacqui
May 31, 2020 2:26 pm

Chiron? Conjunct Saturn and Kaali 2 deg orb. Square Uranus/Pluto/Isis/Pando in Virgo and square Jupiter/Psyche. But trine my Sun, NN, Mars, Mercury in T and SN and Neptune in Scorp. I love the Rainbow bridge it connects everything with a full range of potential, energy, colour. I had a very meaningful dream about my horse Harley, always loved him but now he is a familiar from lifetimes ago. My Chiron return was a massive sea change, literally relocating everything.

mooninthe12th
mooninthe12th
May 31, 2020 1:25 pm

I feel a sudden need to revisit reading about my moon conjunct Chiron. With new eyes now…thanks for that! Nothing else is so close to my moon and I’m also cancer rising so I know Chiron is significant for me (also opposes my Saturn and I’m a Capricorn sun so…) I used to view it so negatively but when I started learning more I felt relief because I now had a sense of understanding about all my melancholy as a child re: my parents and upbringing and just everything. I am now refreshed all over again with a much more… Read more »

Invicta
Invicta
June 2, 2020 10:14 pm
Reply to  mooninthe12th

It’s great how astrology provides that kind of insight I love it

Methinky
Methinky
May 31, 2020 10:42 am

I haven’t commented here forever, but have felt the *zing* of realisation reading your post about Chiron (read just before the Daily Dashboard message about being ‘Given a Key’). Im a few years off my Chiron return but have just had Uranus transit natal Chiron in rising sign Taurus (with Pan on AC) and had wondered how that would play out. I hadn’t thought about it so much about it until I read your post this morning. I have Chiron square Mars and have all this massive energy for healing things and ‘fixing’ (and a virgo moon) but I really… Read more »

Wish Upon a Star
Wish Upon a Star
May 31, 2020 11:18 am
Reply to  Methinky

Thanks for reminding me about :

BEING GIVEN A KEY !

It is so true.

May 31, 2020 9:22 pm

The symbol of Chiron is basically the picture of a key, if you look at your chart you can see the symbol. You´ll never forget it after that

WizarDora
WizarDora
June 2, 2020 11:12 pm
Reply to  Methinky

When you use the word “fixer’, I read “consultant”?

Wish Upon a Star
Wish Upon a Star
May 31, 2020 10:36 am

Just yesterday I wanted to ask about Chiron transiting my natal Saturn in Aries (conjunct Lilith in Aries within 3°) in my Second house and then you post this. This is all opposite my natal Mars in Libra in the 8th house.

“He was a healer, a herb-literate psychotherapist to gods and heroes.” Rings true for me.

And yes I have natal Chiron in Pisces 29° 1st house opposite Uranus in Virgo 7th house. Classic X Generation. 52 years young.

Any thoughts peeps?

June 1, 2020 5:59 am

Chiron in pisces. 1st house. I was a chiropractor for 31 years. Our college symbol was Chiron. We are very other worldly creatures capable of magic. Hope you are well wish.

Wish Upon a Star
Wish Upon a Star
June 1, 2020 10:14 am
Reply to  emg

Thanks emg. Thanks for your explanation it helps alot.

My health crisis has been a big wake up call. I am looking after my health and I get very strong intuitive/psychic help about what to supplement my diet with etc….. And it pays back tenfold…….
Actually I haven’t felt this good in a very long time. No more alcohol for me. It affects my mood too much. So this crisis is a blessing in disguise.

……Yes to the Magic !

And how are you emg?

June 1, 2020 6:26 pm

I’m stunning. As always in all ways.

Wish Upon a Star
Wish Upon a Star
June 1, 2020 7:36 pm
Reply to  emg

Good to hear.

nikishi
nikishi
May 31, 2020 9:39 am

I *love* it! I’ve always disliked the conception of Chiron as supposedly pointing to where you’re irrevocably fucked up.

May 31, 2020 2:28 pm
Reply to  nikishi

Same. It’s exhausting and or feels like a curse of shite-ness , my mental health needs something more useful, productive and positive to work with
It’s like people with Pluto aspects copping, “power-tripping or being stomped by power” like does it have to be a scale of “friggin mess” vs “field of daisies”? Where’s the space where daily life happens, our daily sphere of operating? Where are the resources we can draw on in Astro that don’t corral us into silos, “Ah yes vampires /hippy flake etc

Lili
Lili
June 1, 2020 12:21 am
Reply to  Sam

Pi I am with you. It feels like just now I can turn to mundane tasks after 30 years of nearly non-stop crises. Death-illness-floods…

Tr Pluto squares my Mercury- from the 3rd. Now in semi-quarantine I hound my husband to vacuum and wipe up before he liberates another client from jail. We cannot save the world from a sticky kitchen counter!

Chiron freed me of the power-tripping frenemies- incarnations of my maternal line. No more Mother May I.

Some old guard astro experts survive(d) by spooking the powerful and offering solutions for their job security. The great and powerful Oz…

May 31, 2020 9:27 pm
Reply to  nikishi

Yes. I understand some aspects can be really challenging, but it always felt like a massive cop out to read that you were wounded for life in X position of your chart, with zero explanation of what to do about it or the greater purpose of the experience. Like when a tarot reader starts talking about a past life experience they can apparently see to explain basic difficulties in your life.

Secret Sagg
Secret Sagg
May 31, 2020 8:04 am

Oh, my! I hope you’re right about Chiron, Mystic!

For far too long, I’ve felt that 24 hours simply isn’t enough hours in the day. In the last 5 years in particular, it’s been like I just haven’t had the bandwidth. It’s coming up to my 49th birthday, and that quantum reboot will absofreakinglutely be SO welcome, if this is what I can expect – especially as life for me has been one big cluster of WTF?! for almost a year.

Thanks, this has given me some much needed hope for the future

Calcifer
Calcifer
May 31, 2020 7:17 am

Interesting piece, Mystic… I have been wondering about Chiron over the years. I have natal Chiron in Pisces, in a T-square with a Sagittarius Sun, and Pluto | Uranus in Virgo. When I had my Chiron return two and a half years ago, I was promoted to a job with a lot of responsibility. It was an offer I could not refuse, even though I truly dreaded it at the time. Did my consciousness expand at warp speed? It’s hard for me to say, but the two years which came after that were a total rollercoaster of very, very hard… Read more »

kriblack
kriblack
May 31, 2020 4:16 am

I like this definition a lot and agree that with Chiron only being discovered less than 50 years ago that any attempt to set it’s meaning in stone at this point is hubris. The wounded healer archetype has not been helpful to me in figuring out Chiron in my chart and I definitely have a hard time relating to the centaur archetype in general. Mansplaining frat boys or the hot Guru with his swooning teen acolytes (a la J. K. Rowling’s centaur Professor Firenze) definitely don’t appeal. I have a co-worker at Chiron Return age and although I know nothing… Read more »

AKAPluto
AKAPluto
May 31, 2020 2:39 am

Thanks for helping expand Chiron’s perameters. I think some of Chiron’s definitions have been somewhat damaging to me. I’m a Libra with Chiron in the 7th, opposite my Venus-Uranus conjunction in the 1st. I’ve more or less been given the idea that I’m romantically doomed, always to be hurt by anyone I touch, or be so sensitive as to be a burden to my partner. I really don’t want to buy that but after a long series of disappointments it grew easier to believe and possibly became a self fulfilling prophecy. I really want to change the storyline in my… Read more »

May 31, 2020 1:09 am

Bless and thank you. Chironic influence is strong, conjunct Mercury and in a heavy t-square or two. Fqn hate the Wounded Healer as it makes me think i’ll never heal, and that MercUranus opposition both squaring Mars says both fuq it all as well as, how irritating that i have all the tools to have got this by now or all the time. Jaw enhancing twisted spine and bad alignment. Might be a nicer take to see it as Chaos Magic and work with it from there xx

Wish Upon a Star
Wish Upon a Star
May 31, 2020 11:23 am
Reply to  milleunanotte

Yes to Chaos Magic !

June 1, 2020 12:07 am
Reply to  milleunanotte

I really dislike this new age concept to “heal” from everything instead of what a lot of experiences are: to move through a natural process, it feels like the wrong verb as a default setting- (actual trauma aside obvs). And I dislike the unquantified wounded healer myth as it does apply to a lot of situations. It is just garden variety insecurity most of the time blown totally out of proportion that we have a lot of control over how we deal with, most of it changes with time, age, wisdom and experience. I feel this way about past lover… Read more »

June 1, 2020 5:37 pm
Reply to  Ms.

Thank you for your incisive and powerful thoughts. Your last take on MarsUranus aggressive allergy to conformity and being in my element is helpful. Some really old survival instincts have been kicking in, or kicking out, in disproportion to certain situs and people. A work in progress, yes, because how can i “heal” the fabric of me as if the embroidery should just vanish? Power and insecurity are the things to recalibrate. I’m not one for the cutting or freezing away ritual, either. They’re my feelings: i’m bound to my feelings (until they calm down after working with me) not… Read more »

June 1, 2020 8:17 pm
Reply to  milleunanotte

Yeah getting Mars to give the right amount is the key lol. My Bf is a Pisces with multi conjunct Aries and recently he has been turning his giant red lazer beam of attention to cooking. It is like 300 in our kitchen. Same with our plants, he nearly killed them all from overdoing everything. He was amazed this was not the correct process. Finally, cups became teaspoons and he stopped drowning everything. I had a a lot of disproportionate responses too when I was young (moon square jupiter too) and not reacting on my first reaction (very different to… Read more »

June 1, 2020 5:59 pm
Reply to  Ms.

The hand is powerful. I heard myself say an aggressive hand combat metaphor to describe what i would have done verbally in the past. Interestingly, i have a slow healing hand injury at present. I see i am still engaging in an outdated combat. And the hand injury came from planting but discovering past lazy contractors buried now compacted bricks in the little sand bed. Yours truly tiny woman ripped out four cartloads…with my bare hands. Well, things are growing there now and looking almost beautiful. No cute straw hat and white shirt kneeling on a gardening pad for me.… Read more »

June 1, 2020 8:21 pm
Reply to  milleunanotte

lol, look after that hand then! Glad my rant made you smile.