Every Venus Retro has rules. Venus Retrograde 2020 has new rules. It’s not a control mechanism. It’s to help you avoid hair mistakes (henna, vodka, and the no-poo regime can be problematic) or drastically over-investing in a digital dating crush.
It’s not a myth. I know a Virgo who left her partner/cats and sold a successful business at a loss to fly back to the country she’d recently holidayed in. The inciting incident? A karmic affinity with the tour guide. Yes, it was Retro-Venusian. Her Virgo Vision? Repurposed to analyze every conversation she’d had with the guy, send stunningly articulate emails and stalk psychics to affirm the import of the attraction. She even tried to change religion.
Love Zombie Escapades Make People Look Fantastic
The bubble burst with Venus Direct but for a heady few weeks, there were sacred geometric pyramids, a hormonal high, and the promise of Tantric orgasm. This Virgo also looked incredible: it’s not fair but crazy love and insane Love Zombie escapades often make people look fantastic, better than when they’re sanely attached in a socially acceptable relationship.
It’s notorious for budget blowouts and timeslips, ill-inspired cosmetic surgery, deranged crushes, and relationship dyslexia. The latter is when you’re both committed but reading one another incorrectly.
No Haircutting When You Are High – Unless You Want Dystopia Hair
So we need a protocol for this bi-annual event. Venus Retrograde 2020 is in the wake of that Saturn-Pluto conjunction so it’s a new atmosphere altogether.
I will be doing sign by sign (or rising sign) takes in the May Monthly Horoscopes and you will also be able to see relevant Venusian influences for your personal birth chart in the new Daily Horoscopes. But here are the general rules, adjusted for the new paradigm. (See pertinent dates below or the Moon Calendar for the ones in your time zone)
(1) No haircutting or dyeing when you are high – unless you want Dystopia Hair. The Venus in Gemini ideal would be hair color you could change with an amped-up vitamin pill or a frequency machine, like a Mood Ring. But while we are still stuck with primitive pigment-stripping chemicals, be prudent during Venus Retro.
Closed Borders Removes The Prospects Of Deranged Flights For Love
(2) Lockdown and Closed Borders neatly remove the prospects of deranged flights to meet flimsy relationship contenders. It also provides the optimal excuse for not going out when you don’t really want to. It also means e-stalking and online dating activity could be more captivating than usual. Venus in Gemini is intrigued by novelty and word-play. Venus square Neptune (see below) is an idealist. Your activity spectrum is probably more narrow than usual and without the diversion of the gym or a more varied street-scape, for example, your cognition is off. Yes, that’s right – your online crush or relationship assessments could be skewed.
(3) If you are a frontline worker, Venus square Neptune is fab for off-duty/downtime escapism – gaming, movies, hypno-meditation, Dreamweed, whatever. I met a police dispatch person recently who was planning to spend all weekend conquering a particular game level. She’d just done 11 days straight of solid s**t handling, complete with a relentless barrage of disturbing info. These are weird times; even if you’re not frontline but you’re edgy, do what you need to do. Just don’t commit significant money or time during May/June.
Does Your Relationship Harmony Rely On You Being Professionally Waxed?
(4) If your relationship harmony relies on you being professionally waxed or otherwise groomed and a plague/global financial fuqery apparently does not negate this, devise your exit strategy over Venus Retro. Early July will be exceptional for bold new beginnings. Or, if it is dire, go sooner. This astro is testing a lot of paradigms and Venus in Gemini makes light of desirable but audacious moves you balked at before. Note: That does not include D.I.Y. face freezing or filling.
(5) It’s hard to believe after months of Cardinal and Fixed modalities dominating but the astro-atmosphere is about to be ultra-mutable. You can wake up in the morning as a minimalist ready to make Marie Kondo look like a hoarder by midday be browsing for stuff. Or Your aesthetic and mate/date policies fluctuate in response to not-yet-discovered frequencies. It’s biz-as-usual for the Mutable signs but don’t bother trying to clarify your terms of engagement with them.
(6) Read-Write-Compose-Paint: Venus in Gemini with the multiple squares to Neptune is the ultimate Muse. Everything crap in the news right now is the death throes of an era that ended but doesn’t know it yet. The future becomes more apparent later in the year – see the final post, coming soon in my Cv-19 series – but the new culture is already forming. You’re helping to create it. May/June is optimal for originality, tangents, experiments, and different mediums.
Venus Retrograde 2020 Dates And Info
Venus is in Gemini from April 4 until August 8. Within that timeframe, Venus turns Retrograde on May 15 at 21º Gemini until June 25 when it turns Direct @5º Gemini.
The Shadow Phase – from when Venus first gets to 5º Gemini until she returns to the 21º point she initially retrograded at – is from April 10 until July 29.
Venus has not been Retrograde in Gemini since 2012, the year that also saw the start of the Zap Zone: Uranus square Pluto. Saturn turned Direct at the degree of the 2020 Saturn/Pluto conjunction, albeit in Libra and a few days off Venus turning Direct. The point? Aside from the geopolitically influential Saturn/Pluto scenario, an eight-year personal cycle that started in 2012 is about to reset. And they’re linked.
The signature alignment of this Venus in Gemini/Retro is Venus square Neptune. It’s in play all May and the entire cycle – three exact pings – is May through until July. The last time there were three Venus-Neptune squares in a row was in 2002. More spell than astro-passage, it is associated with strange, magical inspo and romance. Mists of Avalon or fog of delusion? You often can’t tell until after it’s done but the soundtrack is incredible.
Image: Hans Neumann – Die Buhne
Access Horoscopes, Insta-Tarot, Oracle & more
Join the thousands of happy Mega Mystic members, who are enjoying Mystic’s unique, modern and empowering take on the ancient art of horoscopes & all things Astrology. With an all-access membership