This is the Mindset & Astro 1 + Astro 2 installment of my Turbulent Times series. Astro 1 is to do with your astro-energies and Astro 2 is more about the near future and its timeline. Part 1 – Threats, Opportunities, Health & Wealth is here. And Part Two – Magic – is here. Part 4 is Ancestors and the Great Conjunction – Age of Aquarius.
If you are interested in how we got here, zip back to Part One and the posts that I link to in there. Otherwise, our starting point is that we’re at the beginning of a new epoch and while none of the people reading this will be that surprised, the velocity is breath-taking.
If you remember the Saturn Time/Uranus Time post, you will recognize this as Uranus time, also known as Einstein time. Normal time, with all its orderly rhythms, is suspended and not just because of the lock-down/viral mitigation measures.
The Ancient Greeks and Romans had two Time Gods – Chronos (like Saturn) and Kairos (Uranian.) I’m not mentioning this because I want to waffle on about mythology: grokking this concept is now key to your competitive edge.
Muse on this line from Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar for a moment:
There is a tide in the affairs of men,
Which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune.
Omitted, all the voyage of their life
is bound in shallows and in miseries.
On such a full sea are we now afloat.
And we must take the current when it serves,
or lose our ventures.
It’s easy to crap on about being extraordinary when the times are ordinary. But in extraordinary times, most people scale back the artistry and inventiveness, because it doesn’t feel ‘safe.’ Or they become utterly unmoored and drift into dark-water Neptune pursuits; cults & addictions.
They think they can fend off Kairos and Uranian energy by doubling down on old-era values: the races, traditional celebrations or foods, the monotheistic religion they were raised in, class barriers or traditional politics. At the moment, conditions prevent this becoming obvious but when we’re allowed out again, you’ll notice it everywhere.
Yet the coming energy is Pluto in Aquarius, from 2023 until 2044. That is not a typo. Pluto, usually in a sign for approximately 12 years, is spending 20 years in Aquarius. That’s what this is heading toward. Jupiter and Saturn are in Aquarius from December, to light the way. I don’t care who thought the Age of Aquarius was in the Sixties – this is it.
So here are 11 mindset tips – the health/money ones are in part One, though these may touch on them. Some may be annoying – take what resonates!
(1) Morph your attitude from being a person who adapts to change into someone who creates change. You summon it up from the aether. Inventing new ways to make things happen is your new chill. You are formulaic but it’s a magic formula and you adjust it every 2nd Moon. Jessica Snow’s Lightning Rod meditation is fantastic for enhancing this aspect of your mind.
(2) You can successfully live in a society that’s behind the times if you don’t merge your consciousness with it. Select your company and data wisely.
(3) The political representation movement as you know it is dying – direct democracy enabled by rapid digital tech dev is the future. Defining yourself as ‘a Liberal’ or a ‘whatever’ is passe, lazy and an energy suck. Yes, vote but think beyond that.
(4) Don’t be weirded about by solitude or people you know/friends segueing into naive passivity, conservative social attitudes or accelerated drifting apart. Turbulent times are like a psychic version of the factory reset. I expect to see a new kind of a Scientology-like religion emerge and take off. It will have elements of rightness but also be fully whack and controlling. If your friends and family succumb, they’ll dismiss you as a lower density being. Start now caring about this sort of thing now.
Don’t Cast Change As ‘Something Big’ You’ll Do Later
(5) Don’t cast change as the ‘something big’ you’ll do later. The only way to future-proof is to alter things all the time. If you’re Uranian (strong in Aquarius or Uranus energy), you know this dance: you’re existentially anxious and stifled right before the change cue. Then you zap into whatever the morph is. It only looks irrational from the outside. But really, it’s like an earth-lightning symbiosis. Lightning strikes are never random – it looks for matching energy in the ground.
(6) Micro changes generate Macro energy shifts and awareness. Even if it is just changing your brand of vacuum cleaner or certain social media follows, you’re repatterning your brain. Neuroplasticity is everything.
(7) Give up on the signaling and guilting. Telling someone they can’t talk about how they feel or where they’re at with something because others are worse off is just a modern version of puritan shut-down. Your job is to stay healthy, wealthy, magic and safe – not prove your ‘goodness’ to unappointed moral police people. Everyone has their struggles, we all have compassionate causes we care about and contribute to when we can, nobody is perfect.
(8) Magic is real and the Uranian era is going to be excellent for it. There is always value to be gleaned from ancient texts or a well-defined philosophy but create your own practice. It’s a style of awareness, not a liturgy that you need to know by rote.
(9) The only competitive edge now is in speed-learning and that includes not slowing your mind down by pretending to conform. If someone wants to play ‘back to normal’ by November games, they can get their own sandpit. Hang out with them and before you know it, you’ll hear yourself rambling on about some job, partner, social status or event that you apparently now want. It’s Phantom Deficit Syndrome and the virus should have cured it. Your voice will sound strangely hollow because part of you has astral traveled out of your body to not be associated with the shit you’re talking.
At Least The Virus Cured Phantom Deficit Syndrome
(10) Scenarios where you can’t do as you want and have security concerns – income or living arrangements you’re not comfortable with – generate stress. Give yourself the gift of scientific-detached objectivity with this. It is stress – which you know how to handle because you have handled it before – and it’s temporary. As you may have noticed, things change more quickly in a time of Kairos. Being productive and ingenious is good for you and no matter what happens, it certainly can’t hurt.
(11) D.I.Y. is very Uranus in Taurus and fantastically empowering. If you’re fixing/doing things you would have previously out-sourced, be proud. What if instead of something being ‘wrong’ – which is how our systems can interpret change, something is right? Look for the liberation portal – it’s there and growing.
There are two aspects of your natal chart that are super-relevant to now. The first is the planet that rules your 6th house. This is classically associated with your health and constitution. So you will need your natal chart for this and to find or know the sign on the border of the 6th house. See below for the rulerships but don’t interpret this stringently.
Rather, think about the energy and principles of that planet – or Sun/Moon – and the characteristics of the sign. Within that contemplation is a unique and magically super-charged wellness insight. Don’t be afraid to simplify it into a neat little theory. Waffling and fluff never made anything more profound. Turn into an equation.
For example, my 6th house is Cancer, ruled by the Moon in the 9th. My Moon in Libra is being squared by Saturn from the 12th all year. Cancerian 6th house energy is deeply habitual, an emotional eater and holder of grudges that an Airy Moon in the 9th doesn’t even acknowledge. Solve your 6th house ruler riddle and you’re way ahead. This Moon needs balance and for food/health/exercise to be in a broader philosophical construct. Saturn squaring means more consequences for going out of balance – it’s been a year of insane sensitivity to anything even slightly unmeasured.
Another example: Sagittarius 6th house with Jupiter the ruler in the 11th house, in Taurus. Jupiter here is the entertainer and desires a large social circle. It’s great but Saggo 6th house is the epitome of ‘needs constant motion’ and Jupiter is more of a banqueter. This is a person who would literally thrive through blending social needs with something where they’re in the open air and moving fast. Yes, it’s a running group. They don’t need to make flexibility a priority as that’s probably a strong area already. But without cardio + open-air, this placement seizes up and starts psycho-googling for supplements.
Also Vital: your natal Mars.
Mars is your ‘going gets tough’ mate. Your natal Mars is how you respond to threats or take advantage of opportunities. It’s your stamina and defense tactics, how you motivate others and what you tell yourself at 4 am in the morning when you think you’ve fuqed everything up. So look at your natal Mars, its house and aspects. If you don’t know them, they are all in Astral DNA.
Currently, your Mars strengths and weaknesses will be coming to the fore. Mars in Virgo people (*waves) are good at pattern recognition but how bad is it when you go totally off track to blitz a minor task or obsessively research details that possibly don’t warrant that much time? You need your Mars Vibe now – know its assets and liabilities so you can deploy it to the best effect. Mars in Leo is brilliant at inspirational speeches and noble gestures but slows pace by second-guessing the optics of their moves. By the time they’ve got the soundtrack and wardrobe right or feel ‘ready’, the moment has passed.
I am going to talk about this more in Part 4 but Jupiter/Saturn conjunct right before Xmas starts a new era. Yes, another one. 2020 is unique in that Saturn/Pluto, Jupiter/Pluto, and Jupiter/Saturn all occur in one year. It means that the part of your natal birth chart between 20 Capricorn and 5 Aquarius is exceptional for success, metaphysics, self-mastery, and prosperity. If you focus on these areas or even do little maps of them and journal your observations, you will come up with statis-busting, invigorating ideas, guaranteed.
Finally, I think that in terms of the virus, the astro has two leading indicators.
(1) It began with Saturn-Pluto – they were in orb of their conjunction from last November – and now Saturn is in Aquarius. The situation looks to be improving in multiple places and there is talk of relaxing the lockdown. If they are not personally affected by this or working their arse off in a frontline job, many people feel a bit less freaked about this than they were.
But if I were to go purely on the astrology (not the virology, which I know nothing about, lol), I would say that it would be back with extra bite in July. That’s when Saturn backs into Capricorn until Xmas. Not only that, but Mars will also be in Aries from July until January 2021. It’s great for individual self-determination but it also means Mars squares Saturn and Pluto three times in a row over August until January 2021.
So expect a second wave of the virus and/or for the geopolitical tensions generated by the situation to spike. Remember, the bubble economy was always going to burst and a Uranus in Taurus economy/society has fantastic potential. And the situation as it stood had tectonic fault lines. Good things will come out of this but maximize now till July to buffer your immune system and beam some agile, Uranian type ingenuity toward your business and work vibe.
Aries – Mars
Taurus – Venus
Gemini – Mercury
Cancer – The Moon
Leo – The Sun
Virgo – Mercury – some say Vesta
Libra – Venus
Scorpio – Pluto or Mars if you’re old-school
Sagittarius – Jupiter
Capricorn – Saturn
Aquarius – Uranus
Pisces – Neptune
Image: Chris Foss