Maverick Mercury In Scorpio Self-Mastery

Surreal art with twin Snakes scorpio theme

Is Mercury in Scorpio until December 9 (yes, you read that correctly) the final irony of this Saturnine-Plutonic fuqery? Or a relatively rare astrological phenomenon that we can tune into for maverick self-mastery?

It’s both. It means that whatever message Saturn and Pluto are transmitting, you’re now picking it up on all frequencies.

So even if you only dabble in denial occasionally, maybe on the weekend or when everyone else is doing it, forget it.

But because Mercury is making repeat-trines to Shamanic Neptune and other magical astro-factors, it’s inspirational.

If this astral terrain were an orchestra, Saturn and Pluto would be the kettle drum. Mercury in Scorpio and all the weird alignments is more like a soaring violin. The tempo is the same but it feels more harmonious.

In practice, it means we’re perpetually time-money slammed, on the verge of a psychological breakthrough and hatching genius concepts. Mercury trine Neptune means you need to check yourself – is this a true moment of genius? Or delusional?

Mercury In Scorpio Can Be Paranoid Brooding Or Maverick Self-Mastery

I’m Generation X so I recall pre-iPhone days when you’d have to scrawl your crazy ideas on a bar napkin or something. There was a built-in delay by default. Now, you can text/post a high concept and have laid the money down before your slower Saturn brain has even got to consider it. Mercury trine Neptune – potent till December – goes off the Vibe. There is no measuring or weighting of it with other factors. Sometimes it comes off fabulously – other times you wake up in the morning wondering why people keep texting you about buying a boat or demanding a down payment for your trip.

My Mercury Neptune innovation? I hired Zephyr so I could focus on the individuated daily horoscopes and recommitted to my dream diary. And I invented a whole new style of healing modality. Okay, that’s just Mercury in Aries hubris but it’s a new something and it works. Essentially, it’s just meditation but you do it with something like the Backpod or the Occipivot,* it adds extra oomph. I played the Neptunian Nights music to get into a receptive, trance-like state and as I felt tight fascia, asked ‘what is this from?’  And believe me, if you’re relaxed enough and do this in your bedroom or some other private place, you get the most profound answer. It’s usually something you don’t want to think about – hence it is being held in your body – and it will be the first thing that comes to mind.

New Theory: Saturn Is Fascia

New Theory: Saturn IS fascia. And of course, you don’t need props or music but I found it enhanced the clarity. And as you do it by yourself, you’re free to let the realizations and releases just happen.

It fits in with the broader Saturn conjunct Pluto themes – self-reliance and nobody is coming to ‘save’ you – as it’s self-adjusting.

Mercury in Scorpio can be paranoid brooding or maverick self-mastery. And if you’re going to be obsessing over anything aside from time, money, existential relationship questions, and power, why not make it your fascia?

It sounds too simple to work but try it and share here if it worked for you or not!

*I don’t do affiliate links or ads so if I mention anything, it’s because I think it is cool.

Image: Leo Robinson

Bebe
Bebe
November 6, 2019 12:03 pm

Our consciousness lies in our fascia…

Aquabomb
Aquabomb
October 28, 2019 3:37 am

Totally with you on the fascia thing Mystic. Made a big connection between diaphragm and pelvic tightness – the places where we ‘hold’ via a mega myofascial and skin rolling session. Tremorring or shaking also working for me, love the very old school Chi Swing Machine for an easy leg and hip release.

Hilarygherkin
Hilarygherkin
October 25, 2019 9:59 am

Ha! My oracle cards demanded I recommit to a yoga practise. Such a Capricorn/Saturn (which my phone corrected to ‘asana’) endeavour.

Chrysalis
Chrysalis
October 23, 2019 10:51 am

Yoga and Pilates are getting me through this terrible funk. I’m doing a class most days. On the mat is just about the only time I don’t hate my life and my self. (Said half jokingly). Body hurts now in a good way.

October 23, 2019 12:56 pm
Reply to  Chrysalis

Good on you.

The yoga should help your brain waves.

Have you tried meditation ?

Chrysalis
Chrysalis
October 24, 2019 9:51 am

Thanks, it really is helping. I’ve downloaded a couple of meditation apps but to be honest I find sitting still a challenge, the movement of yoga seems to agree with me.

October 24, 2019 10:23 pm
Reply to  Chrysalis

Meditating seems urgent when i am in hi-buzz deep-shift times, but as it is self directed to some degree, without the grounding of a basic practice in place it creates more “achievement stress” if you know what i’m saying. With yoga the focus of making the appropriate movement, getting into a posture is the distraction from the deeply internal frazzle, then the focus to hold and go deeper IS the achievable meditation. Hey, at least for now! When i have gotten into good practice, the space and need for meditation at the end comes when it will.

October 25, 2019 11:05 am
Reply to  milleunanotte

Yes, meditation without a grounding and trusted guidance can open a can of worms.

October 25, 2019 11:02 am
Reply to  Chrysalis

That’s good Chrysalis. Find what works for you.

Gemyogi
Gemyogi
October 25, 2019 7:57 am
Reply to  Chrysalis

Yoga for me. I decided to step up my practice. I usually do one studio class a week but I’m now doing Youtube yoga classes at home as well and I’m really feeling a difference. Here’s to releasing old emotions and wounds from our fascia!

Invicta
Invicta
October 27, 2019 3:49 am
Reply to  Gemyogi

What did we do before youtube?
and what would I do without it?
perish the thought

Invicta
Invicta
October 27, 2019 3:47 am
Reply to  Chrysalis

I may need to get on the mat. My morning swims are great but only take me so far. They have some yoga / pilates classes at the place where I swim that I’ve been meaning to check out for some time but I haven’t mostly due to feeling okay until recently. Nothing is “wrong” as such, except everything. You know?
Thank fuq for here or I’d think it was just me xx

October 30, 2019 1:41 pm
Reply to  Chrysalis

I’m so happy. I just found a yoga studio close to my new cottage. I am going to start yoga again.

October 23, 2019 10:43 am

Mercury in Scorpio sounds a possible positive for me. Have an EEG to test my epileptic tendencies coming up. I hope that lovely Mercury in Scorpio trine my Mercury in Cancer will show improvements in my brainwave patterns. The drugs are much too heavy for this Gem Asc. with Moon in the sickly 6th. MTHFR and all that. Last time I had an EEG I was meditating throughout like a mad person. This did not change the result, haha!

October 23, 2019 12:54 pm
Reply to  sphinx

Take it easy Sphinx from a fellow Merc in Cancer.

x.

October 23, 2019 10:48 pm

Thanks WUaS! Mercury in Cancer too, eh? Mine is in the 2nd so I think lentissimo, so slow… so many feels, gets in the way, ugh! Where is yours? I need to get stem cells in my head.

October 25, 2019 11:26 am
Reply to  sphinx

I googled lentissimo. What a beautiful description. And it gave me a big AHA moment. Thankyou.

Explains why my friends called me Grandma LOL. Yes I have to accept I am emotional. I used to hate it and hide it. But I am 52 now. You seem to know more about Merc in Cancer than I do, any more insights?

My Taurus Moon probably appreciates the slowness. Sure and steady seems trusting. And my Pisces Rising is empathetic and wistful about it.

I’m a Gemini Sun so there seems some kind of contradiction there.

October 28, 2019 2:41 pm

That’s sweet! I don’t now I know anymore than yourself. Just that Merc in Cancer is inner visionary, it is also mercenary in Cancer at times. I must say many Cancerians I meet do not meditate which I feel is particularly sad because they are so keenly aware of death and are always running from it, and what is meditation but preparation for death? Wonderful, light-filled, enhancing death? (Sorry, I do have Moon in Scorpio). All this love of art is fine, Mercury in Cancer is healthiest in my mind when building wineries and homes, employing people to nurture the… Read more »

October 28, 2019 3:40 pm
Reply to  sphinx

I can relate to.inner vision. And my home is very important. I can’t be mercenary as I have a strong conscious. And instant Karma when I fuq up. Life maintenance path Meditation for 12/years. Not current but want to resume. I have done Hatha Yoga and want to resume. Pisces Rising grants me inner guidance and help from the other side and beyond. This is s huge part of my life. I have learnt the basics of body work and massage but I don’t practice. I have Chiron in Pisces and do prefer a Promethein approach. That is healing and… Read more »

Saoirse Kirke
Saoirse Kirke
October 22, 2019 2:18 pm

My body makes crackling noises. I can hear everything. I still find myself going along with old stories almost as if I don’t want to cause a ripple until the ice cracks of its own accord. I’m in awe that I used to defend “opinions” and am finding judgment to be almost laughable. Almost. Good or bad seems so silly and still sinister. Us or them. It would be wonderful to be able to verbally articulate any of the impressions I get but I’m just assuming everyone else’s version is just as good and will continue to shut up more… Read more »

FireTryin'
FireTryin'
October 22, 2019 10:40 pm
Reply to  Saoirse Kirke

You used the term “biological imperative” — am I hearing the voice of someone trained in bodywork? I love that term and feel like everyone should understand its presence and get a grip on it *before* they start having the babies. Of course, life is a trip of labyrinthine “mistakes” that lead to just the right place…so we know what we know when we know it.

“It would be wonderful to be able to verbally articulate any of the impressions I get but I’m just assuming everyone else’s version is just as good” — same

Saoirse Kirke
Saoirse Kirke
October 23, 2019 3:45 am
Reply to  FireTryin'

I was a sickly kid. My whole life has been renegotiating the psyche-somatic split of this place.

But in this moment, I’m perfect, whole, just crackly and if I did have a baby it would become 100 % my life path. With Saturn and Pluto transiting my 5th? I’d be bathing in warm water and doing folic acid shots the second I saw the “donor”

FireTryin'
FireTryin'
October 23, 2019 6:21 am
Reply to  Saoirse Kirke

Gratitude for your wholeness.
May the future rise up to meet you in continuing beautiful ways.

Invicta
Invicta
October 27, 2019 3:51 am
Reply to  Saoirse Kirke

lolz

October 25, 2019 11:28 am
Reply to  FireTryin'

Beautiful writing FireTryin.

October 22, 2019 2:04 pm

Dream last night. Someone saying to me : “So you can see right through people can’t you ” And I got it totally.

The message is tread carefully with new people.

Went into my dream diary. Thought I would mention it as it is very Mercury in Scorpio with Neptune.

LibraLilith
LibraLilith
October 22, 2019 7:39 am

I too thought ‘foam roller’, going to try it shortly. I’m resisting Saturn right now and its going to hurt.

Alex
Alex
October 22, 2019 11:06 am
Reply to  LibraLilith

Hmmm, I hear that!

October 21, 2019 10:01 pm

I’ve got all this going on in my 11th with jupiter about to conjunct my MC on the galactic centre. I just want to get things up and running into future me mode then I can leap at the guy with house and say ffs let me buy this place. But currently all is quiet and about to get quieter still as i head out to a yacht in the Caribbean for three weeks of naked boat with my Aqua deck rat. Sheer bliss. I am turning off my phone and letting go for the duration. Granted I’m skip but… Read more »

October 21, 2019 10:12 pm
Reply to  emg

Oh oh and on the topic of fascia, I went for an epic run, first in seven months and it felt so good but I knew I was pushing it. 8k with 200m of ascent But oh my I could not move for two days post and only now look less like john Wayne. Still my quads are a wee bit squeaky. I so need some work on my emotional physical level. Possibly cranial work into full body stuff. Rolfing is a bit torturous I’ve heard. I need very very deep but gentle

quasarina
quasarina
October 23, 2019 8:04 am
Reply to  emg

Very very deep but gentle = craniosacral work for sure! I’m a massage therspist with advanced training in structural integration (the broader category inclusive of rolfing) and craniosacral, and there’s nothing deeper than this in bodywork!

October 23, 2019 1:25 am
Reply to  emg

Siiiiigggghhh …… <3 & Bonvoyage!
from 41° 23' 24.7380'' N and 2° 9' 14.4252'' E.

October 23, 2019 4:24 am
Reply to  Skarab

Always good to know where you are on the planet !

October 23, 2019 4:26 am
Reply to  Skarab

Barca ?

October 23, 2019 4:31 am
Reply to  emg

si.

October 23, 2019 10:46 am
Reply to  Skarab

Ooh, I drove right by in July! But I was down south for a bit and it calls Gem & I back. Transcendental experiences, past life echoes, dreamy. Love it!

October 23, 2019 4:14 pm
Reply to  sphinx

I love the place too. And my daughter just fell in love with it. Seems to have high vibes although having a few struggles just now. This too will pass.

October 23, 2019 9:38 pm
Reply to  emg

Have not seen such violence in the streets here as we’ve seen last week – and with Mars now heading for Catalonia’s Moon (11th H) this weekend, i am bracing myself.

October 23, 2019 10:39 pm
Reply to  Skarab

Sounds inflammatory. Sending much love to you and all in the sacred city. Emg, have a beautiful time yachting! We will all end up at a party in my head one day, or we already have.. 😉

October 24, 2019 2:24 am
Reply to  sphinx

One day we will. It’s almost a cert !!

October 23, 2019 10:43 pm
Reply to  Skarab

I’m finding that with all this crazy-fuqed-upness OR readjustment (call it what you like) that is raging in the world’s socio-political sphere ATM, countries’ birth charts are an amazing thing to study right now, as they prove to be 99% spot on in terms of being able to predict (at best) & witness energy/events manifesting.

Veronica
Veronica
October 23, 2019 8:29 pm
Reply to  sphinx

I feel the same about Barca Sphinx…our surname is Catalan

October 23, 2019 10:44 pm
Reply to  Veronica

Ah beautiful V of course it is! Love Barca, actually it is Seville that makes me cry! I feel so much there. My Gem had dreams of locations in the old quarter. He had never been there, nearly crashed the car as we drove in, went white seeing shops he had dreamed of, not his normal MO at all. But he plays flamenco guitar, it doesn’t surprise me at all he ‘knows’ the place, he is a gypsy in his techie heart.

October 23, 2019 10:58 pm
Reply to  sphinx

That is so interesting re your Gem! That is exactly how i felt when i first set foot in Cordoba. I simply KNEW the place. When i walked on the Roman Bridge and looked on to the city, i just bawled my eyes out i was so overcome by emotion. It was a loving one, so that it was super-melancholic at the same time.

October 24, 2019 4:51 pm
Reply to  Skarab

That is an amazing feeling! I think it was why I left as a girl to explore, to find the place that was actually my home. To just have that sense of place. I didn’t find it of course, but I can imagine living in Seville. I didn’t get to Cordoba, but I am dying to get to there and Granada. Do you feel the same way about Barca at all?

October 24, 2019 8:29 pm
Reply to  sphinx

No, i don’t feel that way about Bcn at all. And even though i’m from the green north, on the Atlantic coast, and my birthplace is riddled with my ancestors’ ghosts, my heart is moved by the south – i feel at home there. It feels like revisiting a loving old relative – like a favourite great aunt who spoils you rotten with all the things you love. It’s comforting. And curiously, I’ve felt that same feeling in Laos – i was home there too, on the Mekong. Shame we can’t all see & map out our parallel lives because… Read more »

October 23, 2019 4:12 pm
Reply to  Skarab

Nice ! Not as in France just Nice 👍

October 23, 2019 9:19 pm
Reply to  emg

Drove through Nice a couple of weeks ago & thought of you. Don’t even know if you are based there, but I kept looking out for a spunky post-Chiron Return babe in yacht crew uniform 🙂

October 24, 2019 2:23 am
Reply to  Skarab

Hahaha I’m St Tropez based but could very easily be trotting around in my skort anywhere in the med frankly.

October 24, 2019 11:27 pm
Reply to  emg

st tropez and the general region east of that has the same effect on me as those spanish cities have on those two gals up there .. i want to live there (in the off season maybe haha)

October 25, 2019 12:01 am
Reply to  Sam

aaah now the interior of that area – i think i would just dream myself to death & my spirit would waft there for eternity if i lived around that gorgeous place.

October 25, 2019 8:02 am
Reply to  Skarab

I have a very soft spot for it too. It’s the cork trees me thinks ? It’s utter wilderness with some olive groves and hilltop villages. Its stunning but I’m also a fan of the Italian hinterland above sanremo and imperia. It’s mind blowing in a totally different vibe.

Invicta
Invicta
October 27, 2019 3:55 am
Reply to  emg

Can I be St Tropez based too pleeze?
xx

October 23, 2019 1:00 pm
Reply to  emg

Have FUN emg!

You are such a character.

x.

Alouetta
Alouetta
October 21, 2019 8:50 pm

Our bodies are wiser than our minds. All the time with our minds going chitter chatter our bodies are sitting in the background going ‘girl I got you’. Plus wasn’t Siddhartta all about the breath. How simple is that?

Also did anyone besides me think the occipivot was channeling vagina dentata?

October 21, 2019 9:47 pm
Reply to  Alouetta

Oh you got me checking out the link now, and YES, but i see uterus dentatus – message from the control womb to Egbert and Jeffery’s (misad)venture described in previous Space Births post! Have a new body worker, who has taught me more of some of the vicissitudes of pregnancy on even her fit female body, and i am stunned by health advances that are quietly private among women, and by how long real advances in care for child-bearing women takes.

Anette
Anette
October 21, 2019 7:50 pm

Have the Saturn-Pluto alignment in Libra in 8th house, and 4 planets in Scorpio/8th house -among them Mercury.

These days it’s like a song about my self… My beautiful, scarred but poetic and deep self. I think I am mostly celebrating and basking in the energies right now, as this is a SO ME energy – not SoMe though. Get up close and personal, please <3

October 21, 2019 12:53 pm

It’s all in my 5th house. I think Merc stations direct on Uranus. Setting up a new creative studio and brand? That’s my timeframe! I’ll get cracking with the new moon and aim to fulfil something special to me by the full moon in Taurus, oh that’s my 11th house so maybe I should seek to align with like minded and supportive communities where we can work together to materialise our creativity … and earnings!
Great post mystic thanks for the opportunity to think about this xx

Izzy
Izzy
October 21, 2019 11:56 am

Hey im a Scorpio I was born in November 18

October 21, 2019 10:07 pm
Reply to  Izzy

Gosh then you are very precocious typing on the blog and recognising you r Astro at less than 1 year old. Dude.

October 24, 2019 11:27 pm
Reply to  emg

aw come on. be nice to new scorp x

October 25, 2019 8:05 am
Reply to  Sam

I am. I just had to giggle.

Izzy
Izzy
October 21, 2019 11:55 am

Yo sup

October 24, 2019 11:28 pm
Reply to  Izzy

sup

FlyingFox
FlyingFox
October 21, 2019 11:11 am

Interesting. I did the 10-series in Rolfing spring through summer – not because anything in particular was really bothering me, but I felt called for a somatic restructuring. And then I did CPT for chronic PTSD. For additional magic, I threw in a class on Campbell’s heroic journey philosophy in August.

Izzy
Izzy
October 21, 2019 11:57 am
Reply to  FlyingFox

Cool

October 21, 2019 10:07 pm
Reply to  FlyingFox

And? How did it all go?

October 21, 2019 9:04 am

Merc in scorp fits perfectly with the deep digging determined approach I’m feeling about now. YASSSSS.

Amanita
Amanita
October 21, 2019 7:23 am

I have a rather aggressively knobbled foam roller I affectionately call “the spanish inquisition” – its not for the faint hearted, but, boy howdy, does it ever transform tight fascia into pliant fascia. I totally agree that saturn is fascia! Lately i been spending upwatds of 45 minutes a day rolling out saturn. And the saturn sleeping. And looking at my watch and my bank balance. I dont mind the discipline really, but have also been wondering where one could work in some saturnalia to lighten the mood.

October 21, 2019 9:51 pm
Reply to  Amanita

Hey my body worker (above ref) recommended this and told me to ease in. I seriously reckon this lady is a Scorpio, or has strong Scorpio/8th house. With this astro, and your serendipitous post, i know the wisdom offered is accountable and strong. Thank you! xx

Electro
Electro
October 21, 2019 6:54 am

I learned a shoulder stretch recently, and it really works. Walk through a doorway with your elbows bent like a W. Stop yourself with the palms of your hands on either side of the door frame but step through as if you were going to keep on walking. It feels good and you could do this every time you walk through a doorway if you wanted to.

WizarDora
WizarDora
October 21, 2019 12:06 am

Nep in7th house. It’s all talking to drums and channeling spirits here…

October 20, 2019 11:03 pm

Mercury is currently conjunct my natal Neptune in Scorpio in my 9 the house.

Natal and Progressed Mercury in Cancer, 5th house.

I don’t know what that means.

Any thoughts how this retrograde will effect me Mystic and peeps?

Thoughts appreciated.

October 21, 2019 12:11 pm

Lovely big yummy expansive emotionally engaged / DEEP imagining and creative and physical work. Big new ideas. It’s all about You and your heart, how you are in the world. The Capricornian Saturn Pluto is a part of this? Supportive and driving energy

October 21, 2019 2:30 pm
Reply to  Sam

Aaaawww thank you Pi that’s beautiful and I am feeling it. In my new home, nesting and relaxing.

It’s all about me is the thought I had this morning. Let go of the past.

Creative and physical work: yes.

October 23, 2019 9:29 pm

Congratulations and blessings for your new space and sanctuary, Wish. Sounds like you had a waking-up natural body stretch, just as an image flash. Wonderful energy

October 24, 2019 5:15 pm
Reply to  milleunanotte

Thanks Millie. My body is healing a lot by sleeping. My body is realigning especially neck and sacral. It is pretty full on. Solitude is the element making this possible.

So all this sleep and rest is bringing a lot of realisations. And cognitively I am slowly coming into balance. I have to let go of the impatience and to do lists.

So in a way I am waking up to the real me.

scorpiodawn
scorpiodawn
October 20, 2019 9:33 pm

merc bang on my sun in my 7th hse

SusanE
SusanE
October 20, 2019 9:28 pm

I have a foam roller that I reckon I could apply in a similar way if I’m lay in my bed and not actually rolling. Going to try it. This retrograde is happening my 10th and will cross my natal Uranus 3 times…. it feels like a crucial moment in my career! I need to chill out about it, hopefully this will help. Thanks Mystic x

aqua hair
aqua hair
October 20, 2019 8:58 pm

Then Neptune must be our soma, and watch as somatics becomes a thing in the next decade.

Jacqui
Jacqui
October 20, 2019 7:22 pm

I must try this, and I have warned family who listen open mindedly about Mercury retro. Interesting times

Jacqui
Jacqui
October 22, 2019 10:08 am
Reply to  Jacqui

All frequencies pinging simultaneously!