What is a chthonic Full Moon? This. It’s not yet exact, but it doesn’t have to be. The Full Moon in Aries is always a flashpoint for scenarios you’ve been trying to solve via forbearance or a high-concept form of passivity.
It flares up your Mars and voila, anything short of an all-points alert feels like appeasement. Mars manifests as inflammation: Hot words, rage or the sort of stress that feels urgent.
At it’s best, the Full Moon in Aries makes you aware of where you’ve been under attack without realizing it. Or, the personal cost of trying to rationalize an irrational dynamic.
This year’s version guest stars Uncle Pluto, exact squaring the Sun and the Moon. If you’re Pluto-sensitive, you would have been feeling this the moment the Moon hit Aries.
That’s the chthonic aspect of it – whatever your Grudge Flashpoint, it’s plutonified. That is, loaded with material and emotions from the dark underworld labyrinth of your psyche.
The Sun-Pluto angle means this Full Moon in Aries lasts until Tuesday. So, what to do? Here are some ideas and remember, they’re not prescriptive. Take anything that resonates.
- Accept that it’s meant to be a provocative few days – if you’re not furious or hatching metamorphosis schemes in between existential crisis moments – you’re Muggle-bound.
- See the next three days as a close-up, zoomed-in view of the broader Saturn-Pluto Vibe in effect from April 2019 until February 2020. And that links back to 1982, 1992/1993, 2001 and 2010. Even if whatever is going on seems super-now, it’s an old story with an ultra-contemporary spin on it.
- Generally speaking, chthonic, volcanic and Plutonic themes are all the same in that it’s not considered a good idea to try and repress or deny them expression. If you are not directly involved in dystopian politics, the path of a typhoon or troop withdrawals, try not to use that emotion as a diversion from your personal drama. You can resolve the latter and a Full Moon in Aries means you can do it fast, with extra guts.
- Saturn riding shotgun on this thing means emotions and stress manifest through the physical and particularly the fascia. You can be as cognitively brilliant as you want but chthonic energy is deep and limbic-brainy. A fascia roll-out may be more calming than trying to meditate.
- Relationships of all types – romantic, family, friendships, professional – reveal their bare, gleaming bones. You could find out what that recurrent argument is really all about. Or, conversely, that treasure glitters beneath something you thought drab.
- Sensitivity to people’s energy is sharp-as: power-plays and manipulations feel palpable. And, for some people, it’s necromantic. They’re picking up on ghosts and place vibes like crazy.
So, how are you going?
Image: Rene Magritte