It must be Venus in Libra. Or Saturn Fatigue from the Karma Cop having been on the South Node so long. Hormones in plastic? Whatever the reason, people are asking about Chiron Return dating all of a sudden. Like the better-known Saturn Return, Chiron Return is cyclical. It occurs to everyone in their late 40s and early 50s. Chiron returns to where it was when you were born. It’s like cracking your own code.
Some people have called Chiron a bridge between Saturn and Uranus and in a weird way, Chiron Return embodies that. It has the eccentricity of Uranus Opposition but none of the wildness; maybe because there is no way you’re going to hare halfway across the world (or town even) for sex or dubious validation.
But it’s got that Uranian edge of not remotely caring for how people/society perceive your choices. And then it has a spiritual gravity and gentle confrontation of the facts which feels super-Saturnine.
Chiron Return Dating Tips
There are obviously no shoulds or should-nots in the world of Chiron Return Dating but here are some broad tips.
* Being at Chiron Return means you’re seasoned and presumably have well-honed instincts from decades of dealing with d-heads, trolls, litigants, exes turned toxic and standover tactics in boardrooms or backstage, where-ever. Money, health and existential crisis situations that would previously have had you in a spinning frenzy are now mere irritants. So, if you think someone seems suss, they probably are.
* If you want to abdicate from dating/mating to spend time and energy on self-love, travel, creativity, reading, compassionate causes, friends/kids, animals, a solitary spiritual path or any combination of the above, do it. There is no obligation to have “a companion” – no matter what lifestyle inserts and insurance ads try to imply. It’s no more an indicator of psychological wellness than being a parent or not being a parent. And, some people stay in horrendous dynamics to avoid facing themselves or the social pariah status (they imagine) of singlehood.
* Grifters assume that anyone past Chiron Return is loaded and that only some carefully applied sycophancy or sensual patter stands between them and your cash or other resources. Lol. Flick them as soon as it is apparent. It’s not that you’re seeking wealthy people to spend quality time with – it’s more that financial sanity and independence are imperative.
They Know Nothing About You But You Could Win A Quiz Show With Them As The Subject
* Beware Energy Vampires. After even just a bit of to and fro messaging, you know so much about the person that you could win a quiz show with them as the subject. “Yes!” This is when you bang the buzzer that signals you know the answer. “At the age of 9, they moved interstate but didn’t like the house because it was weatherboard.” Next question – you know the answer again. “I know the ex-wife’s occupation and where she went to school!” If the conversation is totally skewed toward them or you realize that you’re expected to be an unpaid therapist, flick them. If that’s them in “courtship” mode, imagine what it would be like when familiarity set in.
* If you don’t like the concept of online dating, or, if you are going to be online, you’d rather be reading interesting articles – consider a broader approach. Set out to widen your social circles and meet more “you” type people without pressure for it to involve a partnership or potential sex/romance.
* Be careful with time-tripping – Chiron Return Dating can mean your lovers from decades ago can seem appealing all of a sudden. But just as you’re not the same person you were then – unless you’ve congealed – nor are they. And if it’s more about them being a touchstone for past memories, no. Nostalgia is aging and if you let it get out of hand, it will calcify your psyche. In the same vein, consider editing down your narrative of “the past” so it’s more a precis or a summary than a ten-volume textbook.
Edit Down Your Narrative Of “The Past”
* Consider Virgo Dating Efficiency – A clinical approach may seem unromantic but it saves time and helps to clarify what you want exactly. Do you want a full-blown, share-everything partnership or someone to bounce ideas around with and sleep with twice a week? Companion for functions or Tantric soulmate?
* Should you consider the ex-partners of people you’ve known for ages or who move in your circles and they’re suddenly single? Or, at least, there. Yes but with caution. Devils you know can still be treacherous or morph into a totally fresh demon upon divorce. And, if you are logical about it, the long-time acquaintance could well be more valuable than your potential new lover.
* Ignore age or appearance phobia – though it is natural when Muggles use terms like “back on the market.” Every age has its pleasures and its disadvantages. Trying to control things you literally cannot – time itself – is futile. As would be trying to wow people who would hold the very fact of your age – aka survival – against you.
* A final Chiron Return reality: You only really engage with people whose thoughts you value and you’re not playing a role. That in itself will helpfully narrow your mating and dating options.