When Is The Magica De Spell Movie?

Magica De Spell Duck Tales

Where is the Magica De Spell movie?

Surely it is time. Seen most recently in Duck Tales 2017, her first appearance was December 1961, making her a Sagittarius or Capricorn. I opt for the latter, given that she lives on Mt Vesuvius. Securing yourself a high and dry mountain lair is very Capricorn, witch or not. And think of her tenacity: she has been after Uncle Scrooge’s lucky dime for decades now.

Magica is by far the most interesting character in the Duck genre. She is a disciple of Circe, has a Raven called Poe De Spell (her brother) and can create familiars at will. Her other powers include transmuting matter, teleporting herself launching energy beams and hiding in mirrors. Lunar Eclipses amplify her strength and she has relatives who she can summon to spy on her behalf.

Her failures seem to be down to hiring bad help – the bumbling Beagle Boys – or letting her crypto-attraction to the billionaire duck Scrooge interfere with her mission. Given society’s economic transition and various currency themes, the Magica De Spell movie could be a marvel of esoteric art and detail, with lightly done social commentary.

Apparently, in Italy, her character is far more developed and complex. She is shown as supporting the national soccer team and having goals far beyond getting Scrooge’s lucky dime. But I think she should get the dime, along with all the cash from the money bin, and use it to start a republic of magic.

If they can make Maleficent, they can make a Magica De Spell movie.

Thoughts?

Image: Duck Tales 2017

Librarius
Librarius
August 31, 2019 7:09 am

Wow, I never knew all this about Magica. Disciple of Circe!

August 30, 2019 1:49 pm

YES. This needs to happen!

August 30, 2019 1:50 pm

Just noticed the Isis-like wings in the first pic.

August 29, 2019 12:12 pm

i LOVE this analysis, and I love that you have coined (no pun intended hehe) the term “the Duck genre” <3

SoVeryGemini
SoVeryGemini
August 29, 2019 11:38 am

I am 1000% behind this post! Agreed Mystic, Magica’s time has come!! I first loved her in the late 80’s animated Duck Tales (woo-oo!) and her unrelentless pursuit of Number One Dime for the magic it posessed.

GREAT post — thank you!

Incense
Incense
August 29, 2019 2:55 am

Agreed, Magica de Spell is the most interesting character! I read comic books with her making appearances back in the ’70s and always lit up whenever I saw her in the pages, I should have known then that I was meant to be a witch. 😀

kriblack
kriblack
August 28, 2019 11:17 pm

Wow. I haven’t thought about Magica De Spell in 30 years. She is pretty awesome. Duck Tales was one of my favorite morning cartoons growing up. I still remember a plot line about the ducks searching for El Dorado which I think influenced me to become interested in ancient civilizations. Along with Scooby Doo and the gang. I’m sure they solved a mystery at the pyramids or something. I just remember being mesmerized at the thought of people building pyramids and cities with hidden treasure. It seemed way more interesting than going to school in suburban Canada! Thanks for the… Read more »

Pegasus
Pegasus
August 28, 2019 9:02 pm

Wasn’t Modesty Blaze Italian or did she just appeal to them more. Anyways Modesty was a Sagg 🙂

perfectpisces
perfectpisces
August 28, 2019 8:50 pm

lol wonder if you know about her in depth….
😂😂