A Classic Mercury Retrograde Interaction

surreal fashion shoot with Adriana Lima in pink costume holding a pool net

Mercury Retrograde July 2019 is outdone by Saturn, Pluto, and the Eclipses. So it’s resorted to high-fructose theatrical surrealism. This exchange between me and a Mega Mystic member is an example of it. We both have Mercury in Aries.

From: Nancy The Aries
To: Mystic Medusa
Subject: Re: Daily Mystic For Monday

I just learned today how to wire-tap stones….this is exciting!!

From: Mystic Medusa
To: Nancy The Aries
Subject: What? Seriously?! Tell Me More!

My god, I have never heard of this – tell me more?

From: Nancy The Aries
To: Mystic Medusa
Subject: What? Seriously? Tell Me More!

I’m so sorry to get you so excited over an autocorrect. It was supposed to say Wire wrap. It is basically wrapping silver wire in a beautiful form around a stone. I wish I could claim to wiretap rocks. It would be interesting to hear their stories provided we, as humans could actually sit long enough to listen.

Well, at least I got to spend 24 hours thinking that a rogue psychometrist/Area 51 scientist had devised a way to communicate with stones and rocks.

How’s your Mercury Retrograde July 2019 coming along? The one from March still holds the “weirdest” record.

Image: Charlotte Wales

subscriptionz
subscriptionz
July 17, 2019 2:50 am

I’ve gone through three sets of headphones already, including ‘losing’ (putting away somewhere I forgot) and finding one pair

gemyogi
gemyogi
July 15, 2019 12:42 pm

I don’t normally lose keys but I was staying at my friend’s house while I had an airbnb guest at my place (my friend is on holiday) and I lost the door key and was locked out. It was getting dark and freezing cold — luckily I could reach my friend on fb messenger and ask if anyone else had a spare key, and her friend did, and was home so I could pick it up! An hour or so of stressing, can I break in? can I go and stay with someone else unexpectedly? will I have to pay… Read more »

July 15, 2019 1:53 pm
Reply to  gemyogi

Ditto, Yesterday morning I stepped outside for a walk, realised I forgot my sunglasses then realised I locked myself out. So I went for a long walk till I ran into my petite little friend and asked her if she could please climb through my window, which she did. Today I felt like a pastie from the local bakery so out I went out to get one. When I went to pay I realised I left my purse at home. Thank God the local bank knows me and I got the nice lady. She let me withdraw cash. The feeling… Read more »

ponycat
ponycat
July 15, 2019 11:56 am

Wanted to wait it out but I caved and called a repair technician for my fridge on Friday and guess what! It’s still broken post-repair. I fcking knew it.

Scorpio_Rising
Scorpio_Rising
July 14, 2019 11:58 pm

The Retrogrades this year have been off-the-charts. I hate to place the blame on ole Mercury I blame people for being bat-shite insane. Both Retrogrades brought back people from my past the good with the bad. More good than bad so I will count my blessings…but there’s always some fuqwit from the past rearing it’s ugly head…an ex, and another musician who took rejection to heart. Both angry and now both besties…what’s the old saying narcissistic Birds of a Feather Flock Together. Both in the there late 50’s obsessed with fashion and popularity. Is this even a healthy obsession? Both… Read more »

July 15, 2019 1:21 am
Reply to  Scorpio_Rising

Oh yes the ante is up for sure.

Try and see the humour in it. Imagine it is a comedy drama. It may take the sting out of it.

If and when you can laugh you might see and feel the ship of fools float away.

It works for me anyway.

Good luck.

x

Scorpio_Rising
Scorpio_Rising
July 16, 2019 5:29 am

I agree humor does help!

July 16, 2019 9:23 am
Reply to  Scorpio_Rising

But probably easier said than done hey? I have a Scorpio South node and I do understand intense emotions SR.

I think you might just have to ride out this intense full moon out. Can you do the hermit thing, or just walk away. I think that sends a strong message without words. It suffocates Narcissism. Words and reaction just fuel the fire.

It should get easier next week. And then maybe you can laugh about it.

Hope this helps.

x.

bird
bird
July 14, 2019 4:59 pm

Mercury retrograde and eclipse season have been interesting. I’ve been revisiting Byron Katie’s teachings and applying them with ease for once, exploring Gabor Mate’s brilliant work on trauma and illness, and realised the other day that I’ve been feeling spiritually bereft lately. Abandoned, unsure and isolated. So I reconnected with my magic and source. I feel detached from my relationships and my life, and just want to be alone. I’m re-calibrating. Swimming in my oceanic depths. I found a beautiful lodalite manifestation quartz ring yesterday and, it being a rare find, I bought it immediately. I had 24 hours of… Read more »

Alysun
Alysun
July 14, 2019 2:33 pm

Everything is insane. All the ladies in my friend group are experiencing relationship dissension with their mates. All the mates in the friend group are experiencing a sort of mid life crisis evolution. It is going to explode lol! And feeling a bit of competitive angst that My mate has achieved his eclipse season/MR growth before me. And I’m not included. But good on him. Now to focus on my world. Cheers!

flowerchild
flowerchild
July 13, 2019 8:22 am

Still reeling from the one in March, which is still ricocheting through my life. I made the arrangements to move during the March Merc retro and the consequences won’t stop….I wasn’t able to wait until after the retro, due to finances. Now, next week I will move house for the third time in three and a half months and it’s hard to keep it together at this point, mentally and emotionally. I’m trying to get some stable ground but it keeps getting worse. I hope this next place I can finally ‘land’. I’m terrified, honestly, because it’s all happening during… Read more »

Gemyogi
Gemyogi
July 13, 2019 9:43 am
Reply to  flowerchild

Hi Flower, I really hope things improve and your new place works out x

melc
melc
July 13, 2019 7:57 am

Oh my gosh!!!

July 13, 2019 6:09 am

So I was wondering why I was experiencing so much synchronicity, stimulation, healing and influx of vital information in this Eclipse season.

To me this all feels normal.

I reread my Astral DNA and I realise I am an ECLIPSE baby !

July 13, 2019 4:45 am

How about this for weird. The other day I had to ring the police as my horrible neighbor made threatening, menacing remarks. So when the police come around they ask me if I was in the police station in town (50 mins away). I’m like no, I thought a phone call to 000 was enough. To my bewilderment they explain. Apparently there was a lady who looked like me ( they check your licence photo) and wearing a similar dress sitting in the waiting room when they entered the police station. When they came out she was gone. My doppelganger.… Read more »

Scorpio_Rising
Scorpio_Rising
July 15, 2019 12:59 am

wow…

July 15, 2019 1:24 am
Reply to  Scorpio_Rising

Oh yes !

RitaTocta
RitaTocta
July 15, 2019 10:53 am

Wow! For me it was being called “Luísa” which is Portuguese for Luise three times by three different people in different places and they all were momentaneously confused if I really wasn’t that “Luísa”. I commented this with my mother and not only she wanted me to be named Luísa when I was born (which my father didn’t wanted) as she remembered me how my great grandmother was named Luísa. We always focus on the negative on my family LOL if there were curses etc BUT this wonderful lady was known for feeding the poor children in our hometown every… Read more »

July 16, 2019 8:19 am
Reply to  RitaTocta

I think you are receiving positive feedback.

Mrs Luisa is a special, kind person and it sounds like she is helping and guiding you. You are blessed.

Strangers must be picking up on this and are calling you Luisa. Please follow those intuitive feelings from her and don’t second guess them. They come with a lot of love.

What a beautiful story.

x.

GreenWitch
GreenWitch
July 12, 2019 10:46 pm

In the midst of global madness it is such a relief to have this site and get words and stories of wisdom and wit.
And it’s always tickled me that in old English, Weird means Fate!

RitaTocta
RitaTocta
July 15, 2019 10:54 am
Reply to  GreenWitch

Amazing fact didn’t knew!!!thanks for sharing!!

MerMamaDream
MerMamaDream
July 12, 2019 6:02 pm

Almost at the moment the trickster turned rx, a notification popped up on my FB saying you have been blocked for 3 days for an inappropriate post. So this is my Author page (although it affects my personal) – the post is a funny one about World Naked gardening Day – its real it exists May 4th – and features some blokes in bushes holding tools in front, it was shared 20 times and received lots of laughs. It was posted in March during the last Rx. It was taken down once and then re-instated. Then it was taken down… Read more »

Scorpio_Rising
Scorpio_Rising
July 15, 2019 1:01 am
Reply to  MerMamaDream

that’s super annoying. FB has way too many glitches and the worst customer service ever. Not sure how they manage to stay in business.

dark star
dark star
July 15, 2019 12:01 pm

not even a cheeky planet mind you

Alex
Alex
July 12, 2019 11:57 am

Love this! Absolutely hilarious 😀

baristagem
baristagem
July 12, 2019 10:39 am

Hahahha!

That is fantastic!

Alouetta
Alouetta
July 12, 2019 9:05 am

I’m starting to pitch a project I had in mind about a year ago, but the timing was off/was asking for money from the wrong people/etc. Now it feels right, as in the idea, the money source, my abilities, and the support. Literally forgot about the idea until I was going to sleep 2 nights ago and now its coming together fast. I’m holding onto something I read here (?) about retrogrades, that anything starting with a ‘re’ is an appropriate action. Return and renew in this case. I don’t want to get too excited in case it doesn’t pan… Read more »

Multiair
Multiair
July 12, 2019 8:28 am

I heart this conversation. Lol lol lol.

Invicta
Invicta
July 12, 2019 5:27 am

Haha!

MutatisMutandis
MutatisMutandis
July 12, 2019 5:04 am

This current phase has really, really felt like ‘end of an era’ for me – specifically the period starting in 2000, as that was when I left home for the first time and moved to new areas of the world from where I had grown up. Now I am in the process of packing up and purging the detritus from that era and moving back to the region I grew up and closer to my family, but not really ‘permanently, as it’s just the first step of several to get to yet another part of the world that I can’t… Read more »

LotusFlower
LotusFlower
July 12, 2019 7:40 pm

Inspiring. Thank you, Mutatis

Ninanotsosmall
Ninanotsosmall
July 12, 2019 2:38 am

My car broke down. The lock to the letterbox failed & needs to be cut off. My friend’s car broke down. My insurance has been charged to me, (confirmation email) but it hasn’t come out of my account yet? All of the big banks crapped themselves today, our tills at work failed for a few hours and purchases had to be processed by hand (lol). Oh and I had a dream that a family friend (who I haven’t seen in 20+ years) hurt my feelings SO BAD I felt it in my chest & woke up crying, but 10 mins… Read more »

Incense
Incense
July 12, 2019 4:05 am
Reply to  Ninanotsosmall

Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry you’re dealing with all of that. 🙁

Sagitta
Sagitta
July 12, 2019 8:40 am
Reply to  Ninanotsosmall

This is what I thought the first line said: “My cat broke down.” I was like, wow, it must be really something if an animal as super cool as a cat actually has a break down . . .

July 12, 2019 12:43 am

This energy really does feel like a climax of something. Now that my husband and I are having a baby, our parents have been showing their true (self absorbed) colors. I don’t want to speak for him but I know for me that I had been deluding myself about my relationship with my parents for most of my adulthood, forgetting how abusive my childhood was, and wondering why I feel so shitty around them all the time and like I can never please them. It’s been like that for years and over the last couple of years (Saturn return in… Read more »

Michaela
Michaela
July 12, 2019 1:57 am
Reply to  babysinclair

*hugs* Been through a similar journey. Very wise lady told me after the birth of my first that first you have to learn to be your own mother – not the flawed person you were dealt on your birth certificate, but to be to yourself the one that you actually needed/need strong, kind and stern by turns as appropriate. Good luck!

July 13, 2019 5:42 am
Reply to  Michaela

Thanks Michaela, hugs right back. Learning how to be my own mother – that definitely resonates with me right now. <3

dark star
dark star
July 12, 2019 2:20 am
Reply to  babysinclair

July 12, 2019 5:16 am
Reply to  babysinclair

That’s heavy stuff baby.s. But isn’t it better you found out now before the birth? You are doing good work, so glad you have a psychologist to help. That guy is a godsend. Rest up baby and give yourself a pat on the back. Hey I’m learning to be my own best friend. When you become aware you realise that most people are flawed. dysfunctional etc. We all have stuff but most people are not aware so not willing to work on themselves. It is what it is. For a Neptune girl I have to have strong boundaries. Best wishes.… Read more »

July 13, 2019 5:46 am

Thanks Wish Upon a Star. Yes, absolutely better to know this now before the birth. Yeah, he is. I dropped off a thank you note for him at the shop this afternoon. Thanks for the reminder that most people are dysfunctional, lol. It does take the pressure off a bit 🙂 Good luck to you!

July 13, 2019 6:19 am
Reply to  babysinclair

Thanks babysinclair. Glad to help.

Go Well.

x

Veronica
Veronica
July 12, 2019 4:39 pm
Reply to  babysinclair

Can I suggest JNMIL ( stands for Just No Mother In Law, or Just No Mom, just type in Jnmil into search) ) …you will find so much support and understanding of your realisations, as there are many like minded others on that site.

July 13, 2019 5:48 am
Reply to  Veronica

Thanks Veronica! It’s good to roll deep in these kinds of situations. I will definitely check that out.

RitaTocta
RitaTocta
July 15, 2019 11:00 am
Reply to  babysinclair

It’s super hard to get away of family, ironically the more disfuncional the more difficult but you’ll end up disfunctional yourself and sad if you bottle up. If not for you for your child. From my experience miracles started to happen one year after I’ve let go of difficult always drama family and just plain abusive. Help, new connections and plain miracles started to happen. It was like my life was blocked before. Good luck and congratulations

July 16, 2019 4:51 am
Reply to  RitaTocta

Thank you RitaTocta, I’ve definitely found it to be true in life that letting go of negativity always makes room for fresh new energy and opportunities. I’m so glad to hear things worked out so well for you, gives me that much more hope! <3

Rubent
Rubent
July 12, 2019 12:31 am

This is the first Merc Retrograde where I really am experiencing the quintessential communication frakus. Emails not being sent, files to large with just a couple photos. bosses not getting back to me in their regular timeframe, verbal traffic jam in my mouth. It’s been a whooshy buzzy tone so far. On the flip side – the sh*t that really matters has been bobbing up like bright little flame signs that read ‘This Way’, ‘Focus here’ , ‘Future this way.’ like carnival signage next to the rides. Most all of them around taking the next big steps towards embracing continual… Read more »

July 12, 2019 12:41 am
Reply to  Rubent

I’m getting my messages in dreams.

I also used dermal magnesium oil for the first time. I applied it about 24 hours ago and slept for 20 hours. I woke an hour ago.

So my left brain went down and my right brain downloaded vital info.

I must have needed that magnesium.

libralady
libralady
July 12, 2019 12:23 am

All bank ATM’s down in Australia, yep MR at it’s finest!!

Incense
Incense
July 12, 2019 12:25 am
Reply to  libralady

Our office AC has been out for two days now … it’s worldwide! This ship’s going down! 😀

July 16, 2019 4:52 am
Reply to  libralady

Gotta love it. A big section of NYC lost power yesterday

Incense
Incense
July 12, 2019 12:04 am

Hey, here’s something fun: I have known that at the end of the year at the latest – I’ve already extended my lease and have no choice, gotta get moving – I have to lease or buy a new car. And I got such a sweet deal last time there’s no hope of repeating that. I’ve been dragging my feet, cringing away from even thinking about what I might end up paying for a new one. Well, a phenomenal deal at my local dealership, barely more money a month than I’m paying now for a brand new lease, just crossed… Read more »

July 12, 2019 12:44 am
Reply to  Incense

Have FUN !!!

Incense
Incense
July 12, 2019 1:04 am

Thank you!! I sure hope to! 🙂

Alysun
Alysun
July 11, 2019 10:06 pm

Breakup with my Cancer mate last MR , got back together the week it ended. Breakup with said partner this MR. Outlook not so good, Captain. lol! Existential crises, anyone? My Virgo Vision is blurred I’m sure there are other MR shenanigans happening but this is on the forefront. All I can do is laugh Thanks for the blogs!

MissDee
MissDee
July 12, 2019 12:04 am
Reply to  Alysun

I am experiencing the craziest pre-full-moon-eclypse weirdness I’ve experienced in ages.
Muggles are everywhere, especially the ones that try to pin on you, things that are clearly a consequence of their way to manage things in the past.
I have rage upsurges I do not normally experience (Virgo rising, Moon in Taurus: brainy and calm is my second nature) and I feel like I want to shoot someone in his face.

Lili
Lili
July 11, 2019 9:54 pm

Looming- En famille visit to Japan. Online booking conquered finally-with 3d tools. Mid 20th C by birth, wield pen and paper, print out 3 hotel rm confirmations, write out 9 digit confirmation numbers, (who can read 5 pt font on iPhone?!)- highlighted with neon yellow- Properly prepped, I gamely attempted to add a day to each room. Vonquered lurking fear that bookings site trolls folk and puts them into no bath smoking rooms. Had to switch to desktop version but Mercury kindly processed changes. Office Offerings for Mercury retro (Mine is in Libra 12th) colored paperclips, pens/pencils, neon index cards,… Read more »

RitaTocta
RitaTocta
July 11, 2019 8:47 pm

Haha in all honesty you can hear them as with any object and water retains a lot of sound too. But the exchange was brilliant!

Librarius
Librarius
July 11, 2019 8:14 pm

Two things I’m actually worried about is
(1) I will end up having to buy a new laptop in the middle of Mercury Retro.
(2) I’m flying to another continent that I’ve never been to (paying a romantic visit to my SO, planned long ago).
Any word of advice on Merc-Ret safety protocol for these inevitable matters, from esteemed Mystic or any of the members? I will quadruple-check everything I can think of, but is there a particular flavour to the potential/likely troubles/themes brought about by the current one?

Lili
Lili
July 11, 2019 9:58 pm
Reply to  Librarius

Hard copies of all reservations, visas, passport, driver’s license-

Double bag liquids- Mercury retro can mean leaky boundaries.

For your computer get the extra warranty and malware protection.

Do travel alert for banking- credit card so they don’t freeze account.

Extra zip lock bags for return for liquids-

Check rules re permitted meds.

Incense
Incense
July 12, 2019 12:07 am
Reply to  Lili

All great advice, and maybe also look into paying for a month’s subscription to a VPN to protect all your personal data!

Jacqui
Jacqui
July 11, 2019 10:31 pm
Reply to  Librarius

Cash, second card and heed local advice. Like wear your backpack on your chest, wish I did that during MRx in Marseille Cathedral la Major last year (damn you curious nice looking mother with 2 kids, I was an easy target). Scan your important docs and email to yourself as backup. This is the second time I wrote this I pressed back instead of other tab to check spelling of Marseille, mmm MercRx. Actually blessings to mothers especially desperate pickpocket ones.

Librarius
Librarius
July 13, 2019 7:18 pm

Thank you for your advice, everyone! I’ll make sure to print-scan-copy everything I can, wrap those liquids like mad and – thank you, Mystic, for the optimistic astro-angle of my trip 🙂

Librarius
Librarius
July 11, 2019 6:43 pm

I mentally saluted Mystic for forewarning about “labyrinthian call centers” because when my online order got shipped to the-same-address-but-another-state in the US, I just shrugged stoically and persevered through a thread of emails with customer support personnel who all sounded like they were an experimental AI.

Jacqui
Jacqui
July 11, 2019 6:26 pm

My old Merc was booked in for a repair but the mechanic didn’t write it down…”next week okay?” And today the whole of Forster shopping district internet went down. Can you imagine…Woolies choca full of impatient people queuing – do you have cash? Try swiping again, do you have another card? Could you please sign this receipt? Food, fuel, health food shop. I just rolled my eyes and thought “yeah Mercury you tricky bugger!”

Jacqui
Jacqui
July 29, 2019 8:03 pm
Reply to  Jacqui

Oil change? Yes, lid not on correctly? Car won’t start if oil spewed everywhere! Fixed after an emergency hitch to work. And then flat battery, drove to work with charger in the boot. Ten minutes from work, leaving a meeting early, go back to get a battery bc there are none in hometown. Urgggh please station direct nice Mr Mercury!

MollyBlueDawn
MollyBlueDawn
July 11, 2019 6:20 pm

You can, however, totally do that with plants!

While I was looking for the link to the one I knew about, I found this other one!

and then I found this!

LotusFlower
LotusFlower
July 11, 2019 5:49 pm

Hshahaha, that is GOLD! Actual lol. I did know someone once though who had created a sound art installation based on the deep vibrational tones that the planets emit. Why not ‘wire tap’ stones and psynch it in somehow to a binaural meditation – that way we’d be “listening”. (Sorry, if this is what you already do, MM). My Merc Rx started early with my phone tapping out for ten days (screen black-outs) then back in again – no photos for me of a family wedding or of my holiday; a ‘hilarious’ international postage snafu and, I guess, the breakdown… Read more »

cat
cat
July 11, 2019 5:19 pm

Lots of meetings getting reschedule – many more than usual.

MissDee
MissDee
July 11, 2019 5:15 pm

No weirdness so far. Yes, packages get lost, emails to customer services take millions of years to be answered when they usually don’t. And I know for a fact that a lot of this logistic stuff will get all solved after August the 1st. But weirdness or other typical MR stuff? Not at all. I think it depends A LOT on the fact that this retro plays out in Fixed and Cardinal signs: both Leo and Kakata are so UN-Mercury (I know, not a word, but I hope you get my point) that MR playing there I think is kinda… Read more »

Crystallised future
Crystallised future
July 11, 2019 4:51 pm

Nothing that exciting I’m afraid. Just the laptop refusing to boot up occasionally and the odd email not landing. But hey! How many inventions have happened because of an error? The wire-tap might grab someone’s attention and skills and we may hear of it being in effect soon!

Pin It on Pinterest