When You’re An Aries Sun Libra Moon Person

Seventies Science fiction image of blonde woman in fantasy space

When you’re an Aries Sun Libra Moon person, it’s always Full Moon. You don’t need that time of the month to illuminate the contradictions within your psyche. You’re not at war with yourself – it’s more like a series of border skirmishes. Or guerilla warfare. How so?

Aries is a person of the arena, skilled at stripping away fluff and nuance to render themselves hyper-relevant. How else to stay in mission mode? They may not be able to stop rogue meteorites by standing in their way or solve complex managerial issues with one sharp worded command/observation, but that doesn’t mean they wouldn’t theoretically try. For Aries, nuance-aversion is a survival mechanism. They can pick up on incoming complications the way elephants sense low-frequency shifts that signal an impending quake.

Aries Suns are not inherently against planning or dialogue, but they think of them as being like when a racing car does a pit stop. Several highly skilled mechanics dash in to change types and repair things at Warp Speed. How fast? A pit stop should last 12 to 16 seconds; about the same length of time that an Aries Sun allocates to nuance assessment or complications. If you’re not an Aries Sun but want to get on with one brilliantly, try visualizing yourself as “pit crew” the next time you’re in a discussion.

But the Libra Moon is hooked on nuance. It helps them retain equilibrium, avoid unnecessary conflict, and navigate complex terrain. And the Moon is your psyche, your comfort zone. If you’re not doing your Moon, you can feel unsettled, like you’ve lost or forgotten something, even when you have not. Those dreams where you wake up frantically looking for a non-existent ‘lost’ item? They’re a lunar deficit syndrome and a cue to express more of your Moon sign.

But Aries Sun interprets the Libra Moon prompts of ‘what about this?’ as procrastination. It’s as if one of the pit crew suddenly started talking about the font on the side of the racing car. They can try to outsource their Moon, casting a partner or close friend in the role of diplomatic nuance broker.

When you’re Aries Sun Libra Moon, your Moon says objectivity and Aries hears ‘objection.’  Your Moon says ‘tactics’ and your Sun understands it as ‘failure to launch.’ Awareness of this dynamic is half the cure.

But ideally, this Sun and Moon work together, an alloy of audacity and finesse.

Image: Richard Powers

Samy
Samy
October 12, 2019 8:52 pm

I relate to this on so many levels! But I differ in the aspect that I’m not very much connected to my sun sign as I should be. I’m way more in touch with my moon sign to the point of being an introvert at heart Wich is weird for an Aries and it’s hard for me to be the other way around. So when it said that when aries sun peeps aren’t in connection with their moon it feels like they’ve lost something. I felt like that as a kid. But life as a teenager and now a young… Read more »

Rachel
Rachel
October 9, 2019 4:03 am

Wow – this resonates… But I’m Aries Ascendant / Libra Moon (in direct opposition, both at 12 degrees) – does it correspond? Would it relate but more about inner self and public persona?

I’ve also got Mars at 9 degrees of Aries and North Node at 14 degrees of Aries – I think that makes my Libra moon the ‘cutting’ planet? Does that give emphasis? I relate much more to that Libra Moon part of myself.

Babz
Babz
June 9, 2019 3:41 pm

Omg. I’m Aries sun, Libra moon. I’ve never seen this addressed. My BF (Gemini) says I’m a devil and angel at the same time. I’ve only recently tempered myself to try to finesse conflictual situations instead of ramming my head into a wall, or mowing people down, but my instinct is still Aries impatience and ready to fight.

Jacqueline
Jacqueline
June 8, 2019 11:06 pm

I have Libra Sun, Aries Rising, and Moon at 0 degrees Cancer, fourth house.

This push-me-pull-you is my default setting.
A constant desire to be thoroughly independent but … you know … without upsetting anyone!

It wasn’t till I had my chart read that the angst about it eased.
Thanks for this note, Mystic.
It’s been hugely/oddly comforting.

Magi
Magi
June 8, 2019 6:26 pm

Not a Libra Moon but Aries Sun, Mars, Venus and Merc with Libra Saturn, Jupiter and Pluto. This is me. At its best, the Libra helps to take the edge off the Aries fire and impulsivity but at its worst, Libra is appalled by Ariesness but always AFTER the fact when its all too late.

Katie
Katie
June 8, 2019 5:45 am

mydaughter, 4 years old, has this placement and I read on line they are most likely to suffer from severe depresion, Grroan, Ill have to get back to you Mystic, when she is older. x

Star
Star
June 9, 2019 2:40 pm

My best friend and roommate who I have lived with for 13 years in mid – June – is total Libra. Technically he has a Virgo sun. But it’s at 29.59° Virgo. He has no virgo qualities. Because then conjunct that sun, he has his moon, Mercury, Venus, and Pluto in a Libra stellium. All in his 10th house. He has Jupiter in Leo and Saturn in Virgo. That Saturn is in a perfect square (and the *only* hard angle in his entire chart) to Neptune in Sag. in his 1st house. 2° from his Sag ascendent. I had always… Read more »

Star
Star
June 9, 2019 2:42 pm
Reply to  Star

He also has a cancer Mars. But it’s out of square to his Libra stellium — more then 10° off. I’ve suffered depression as well. My chart is pretty messed up. I too have cancer Mars. But I have never read about depression with that aspect. Just laziness and homebody tendencies. (True and true unfortunately :-/ )

Katie
Katie
June 13, 2019 5:02 pm

Omg golly gosh, thank you mystic (long time listener long time lover or what you do xx)

kristine Ditchfield
kristine Ditchfield
June 7, 2019 3:02 pm

What about the reverse?

Carrie
Carrie
June 7, 2019 8:15 pm

Good to know! I’m Libra Sun, Aries Moon and it ain’t easy.

dark star
dark star
June 7, 2019 11:24 am

Btw that new aural adderall recording has the soul of a Aries moon, Virgo mars, libra sun IMO and I’m obsessed

Hilarygherkin
Hilarygherkin
June 7, 2019 10:54 am

If your sun and moon are in the same sign, are you automatically doing your moon?

dark star
dark star
June 7, 2019 11:16 am
Reply to  Hilarygherkin

Your yin and yang are bffs <3

Hilarygherkin
Hilarygherkin
September 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Ah thanks for replying to this! I was born on a balsamic moon, so they’re not conjunct, but it resonates closely enough for that to put it into perspective.

firecow
firecow
June 7, 2019 8:33 am

Um, i feel as though i need to permanently attach a link to this article on my email footer and social media profiles because it explains A LOT about me. I have an aries rising/libran moon and i am constantly conducting border skirmishes with myself. As i’ve gotten older, the two work together better, as long as i restrain my urge to leap into anything Xena style – things go a hell of a lot smoother if i pretend to be patient and let things unfold in their own time and own way. I’m a fairly robust type, and my… Read more »

Cardinal Qween
Cardinal Qween
June 7, 2019 8:18 am

Has anyone ever seen Big Mouth? I always think Maurice the hormone monster is my Aries Sun, sat on my shoulder, growling lusty thoughts in my ear, urging to fight/fuck/SMASH SOMETHING, My fluffy Libra Moon: no please, don’t make a scene, raising your voice is so crass… It’s pretty rare I ever go the whole hog. (Cap rising helps.) I’m the most diplomatic, peaceable, measured person until someone crosses the line by even a fraction of an inch, then I’m on my own one-woman crusade. Everyone looks at me completely baffled- where the hell did that come from? It’s a… Read more »

firecow
firecow
June 7, 2019 8:38 am
Reply to  Cardinal Qween

Omg so true. I am the most understanding, peaceful person unless someone injects crassness/rudeness/bad manners into a situation, then i’m like an SAS vigilante on a mission to make the world a more civilised place…

Neptune
Neptune
June 7, 2019 3:22 am

Haha- so true! Thanks for this Mystic. It’s hard being so fiery and not caring what people think to OMG- why did I say that- I actually REALLY care what others think! Ongoing border skirmishes indeed…

SheRat
SheRat
June 7, 2019 3:12 am

LOL. Well, I have Libra Moon (conj. Uran, no less, 1H) oppo Aries Mars in 7H. So I’d say this is about freakin’ 130% true.

dark star
dark star
June 7, 2019 2:50 am

At least 4 friends + bf Aries moons. Man I do get the about to be eliminated from the pit crew urgency leaving with out you walking fast dragging arm this is happening! Style Decisions! Their fiery impatience is so endearing to my water moon. Just don’t mess with my calibrated flow 😉

leoliza
leoliza
June 7, 2019 12:48 am

my husband is an Aries sun…libra moon. (he races car on weekends, works contracting during week) He is the energizer bunny and when he’s home on weekends like to ask me “whats on your agenda?” He wants things planned (but also usually doesn’t like or want to do the plans)

firecow
firecow
June 7, 2019 8:39 am
Reply to  leoliza

My aries sun partner is like that re plans too…so annoying!

Eliz
Eliz
June 6, 2019 11:45 pm

omg mystic im an aries sun and would love to hear your interpretation of an aries sun pisces moon. i think its similar to this but instead of being oppsite it is just sooo different!

June 6, 2019 10:22 pm

I can relate the words ‘planning and dialogue’ to my current workplace environment, a short term contract at a large University IT dept to analyse, report, and present a plan to remediate a long time problem in their software regime. I have been given 20 days to complete this task. Day 1, I was issued with an amazing suite of collaboration software and hardware. I was asked to complete a series of OHS video tutorials that explained where the bathrooms were. How to exit the building in an emergency and imploring me to report any sign of harassment or bullying… Read more »

June 7, 2019 10:06 am

Hahajaja
I too am a “walk up to someone and make human contact” person
Wierdly almost traumatisingly unfashionable in the current era? Mystifying … also university bureaucracy. Labyrinthine internal politics is alive and well in academia afaict, happy to be contradicted though

bird
bird
June 7, 2019 1:42 pm

Very amusing story David! Are you bored?

June 8, 2019 10:18 pm
Reply to  bird

Oh no, I’ve just told you about the frontage. The back story is that I’ve had to live away from hone to meet my time obligations. I found the perfect place to stay. A classic skanky motel in the seedy side of town with an amazing room above a public bar where girls in bikinis are handing out Keno cards on silver trays to guys with beards and baseball caps. I got strange looks when I parked my car in the back lot. A truck is standard attire. On campus I have found the secret spots inhabited by other back… Read more »

bird
bird
June 9, 2019 9:39 am

Ha! The whole story reads like a movie scene.

SheRat
SheRat
June 7, 2019 6:19 pm

Sound about right. Now throw in some mean girl politics and that’s pretty much it! If you want to be amused, try asking questions. People may not know the answer–or, indeed, anything about the question–but they’ll spend 15 minutes telling you obvious beginning steps to answer the question, as though you would have not explored those obvious possibilities before asking them. Good times!

June 9, 2019 7:31 pm
Reply to  SheRat

I’m learning about the structure of the invisible boundaries. I asked one guy a question and he looked up a contact who may be able to help me. He had never met him, when I looked him up he was sitting about 5 mts away from the first guy ? Like seriously ? You work within 5 meters of someone for years and you haven’t met them ? It’s so weird.

Skarab
Skarab
June 6, 2019 8:05 pm

This is hilarious, true & i really get it (NN Libra, SN Aries)
If it works you get Maya Angelou.
If it doesn’t you get Jeremy Clarkson.

Carrie
Carrie
June 7, 2019 8:17 pm
Reply to  Skarab

Hahahahaha, Jeremy Clarkson – this is the best

LotusFlower
LotusFlower
June 6, 2019 6:58 pm

This is so en pointe for Aries. Yesterday my triple Aries (sun, moon, asc) bf tells me, I don’t think I can see you this weekend as I need to start work on my latest creative project which is due for completion in 6 weeks time. Me (a Libra, having learned that its best just to let him get with what he needs to, plus I’m busy with projects myself, plus I’m a Sag rising so I may just up it on an unannounced adventure myself this weekend, for reals): ok. Him (raising voice a touch, warming to his theme,… Read more »

isa
isa
June 8, 2019 12:47 am
Reply to  LotusFlower

yeah, I went through similar scenarios with an aries moon on-off boyfriend (capricorn, libra rising). I’m a libra, and me too I guess he was taken aback and expecting/requiring some drama (which I wasn’t interested in at all – don’t have the energy for some gratuitous fights, have enough problems in my life already 😀 ). he also used to provoke me talking about other women he said he fancied, but I’ve got too much scorpio in my chart to fall for that 😉 , so a poker face was de rigueur. I also guess he got bored very easily… Read more »

Laurel
Laurel
June 6, 2019 4:29 pm

I have an Aries sun and a 7th house moon – my internal debates LITERALLY make me roll my eyes. [My BF asks me why I’m rolling my eyes and I have to explain that I have an argument going on in my head that can’t be won.]

SheRat