Two Rarely Mentioned Pisces Personality Traits

science fantasy castle with UFOs and blue skies

These two rarely mentioned Pisces personality traits are also their most important characteristics. Forget trying to figure out whether a Pisces is dolphin, shark, mermaid, or the ocean itself.

And see Zodiac Signs In The 21st Century for a more nuanced take on the ‘twin fish’ thing. But check these out:

(1) Erratic Boundaries. Like an enchanted castle in a fairy tale, the Pisces boundaries shift without warning and apparently for no particular reason. Mists turn to fog and then back again. Things seem momentarily transparent but become opaque if you blink. Doors open in response to riddles or magic words you chanced upon by mistake. Although, as any Pisces will tell you, there is no such thing as a ‘mistake.’ They trust synchronicity more than they believe most people.

To use another metaphor, if Pisces were a country, their immigration policy would be extremely fluid. One day the border would be heavily guarded against any incursion, protected by attack drones and layers of propaganda. And then the next day, there would be no clear boundaries, a red carpet laid out and lucrative cash incentives for crossing over.

(2) A Magical Realist Approach To Their Past.  Ask a Pisces for their C.V. or what they were doing in any particular time frame, and you will get an alibi. Ask them where they were the day Princess Diana died, and you will get an anecdote that you could polish up, turn into a short film script, and enter into a prestigious film festival.

Pisces people don’t do linear time, although they pretend to honor it to avoid scrutiny. They view the past in cinematic vignettes or themed montages. Their psyche is more quantum physics than biology. They’re all unregistered agents of String Theory.

Both of these attributes can make people think the key Pisces personality traits are evasiveness or dishonesty. Of course, some Pisceans lie for leisure. And some of them see their core task in life as being to elude other people. In their mind, they are Bugs Bunny, and everyone else is Elmer Fudd.

But the underlying or base characteristics of (1) and (2) are the key to everything Pisces.

Thoughts?

Image: Denis Istomin

5 3 votes

Rose Finkleberg
Rose Finkleberg
February 27, 2020 5:30 pm

This sounds A LOT like an excerpt from Linda Goodman’s Love Signs……. but I’m not seeing any reference to her?

Amanita
Amanita
June 17, 2019 7:12 am

Excellent insight analysis once again, thanks MM! I was never much a mathematics/physics student at school, but I love reading and conceptualizing about the place where math,physics and spirituality meet, in time space theories. Two books by one of my favourite authors, Rudy Rucker, “Infinity and the Mind: The Science and Philosophy of the Infinite” and “The Fourth Dimension and How To Get There” I cannot recommend enough to anyone who will listen. Once upon a time in the mid 1990’s I worked as a phone sex operator – which is basically lying through your teeth to be any good… Read more »

Dei
Dei
June 15, 2019 9:41 pm

Pisces Rising, Sag Sun, Scorpio Moon here – and yes to both haha! The magical realism is even more evident in that I’ve moved cities twice, and pivoted in my studies and career 10 times so far. The CV only goes back to the jobs that are relevant to this pivot. Time is elastic and multi dimensional. Getting harder to function in the world where people are into micromanaging time. The good news is I’ve found the love of my life who’s also Pisces Rising and Sag Sun and together we live in a timeless bubble. It’s tough when we… Read more »

HLawless
HLawless
June 15, 2019 9:52 am

Totally agree with part one. 12th house Pisces moon here. Part two doesn’t feel as accurate. I’ve never thought of dishonesty as a Piscean trait? Or history as “an alibi” … colors Pisceans in that same way. Escapism feels like a more accurate term than evasiveness. Not a purposeful effort to evade but feeling over sensitive and needing to withdraw. I suppose I see how this can get out of hand- wanting so much to avoid conflict or unpleasant feelings and so thus creating stories or excuses. I will say my memory is dreamy. You know how some people discuss… Read more »

Wish Upon a Star
Wish Upon a Star
June 14, 2019 8:21 pm

Oh it’s really full on tonite. So its 7.30 pm and I know that my favourite show Endeavor is on at 8.30 pm.. I look around my home, the place is a mess I need to tidy so I can relax and enjoy the show and the rest of the night. No problems I have an hour, then I switch channels just to see what’s on. Oh no the X files is on. Love that show. The coach beckonsy Taurus moon and I follow even though there is junk on it. So I sit on a clear spot. I feel… Read more »

Wish Upon a Star
Wish Upon a Star
June 14, 2019 10:05 pm

The message my mum is trying to pass on. Is be present and notice the important things that are happening. It’s all about timing. Mum is a Capricorn moon after all.

And just do one thing at a time and focus.

My mind has been racing and it needs to slow down. So I get important info in this world and the other side.

Anyway !

Kay
Kay
June 15, 2019 8:57 am

Oi. I feel this. Lol maybe because I’m a Taurus moon, pisces asc with Capricorn moon mom

Wish Upon a Star
Wish Upon a Star
May 9, 2020 6:35 pm
Reply to  Kay

I’m a Pisces Ascendant too. We have a bit in common hey? 🙂

Wish Upon a Star
Wish Upon a Star
June 14, 2019 5:50 pm

So this Pisces Rising has learnt something today. If the moon calendar has 2 stars for psychic like for today its probably better to stay home. Oh it wasn’t such a bad day, just too sensitive to other peoples thoughts. The nasty really stand out so do the really lovely. It all finished at the supermarket being served by a boy of about 15 who looks like he is from another galaxy His eyes are like the ocean. He has the sweetest face. He has got to be a Pisces Rising. He says “Don’t mind me I am just spacing… Read more »

Amanita
Amanita
June 17, 2019 6:56 am

i learned that awhile ago too! i am a pisces sun, moon and mercury and the psychic days are just zap zones for me as well. I try to stay home / or in nature and limit my interaction with busy public spaces, if i can. Also aquarius moons are basically zap zones for me too.

baristagem
baristagem
June 14, 2019 2:01 pm

This is really amazing! I’m Pisces Rising & always found time weird & almost boring to consider but I like watches so I will amuse myself that way. I also remember exactly where I was the day Princess Diana died & I’ve had many conversations recounting it, I can go on telling that anecdote for hours!! I was only talking about it the other day to an Aquarian, mind you Aquarians I’ve noticed hate repetition – if they’ve heard it once don’t expect them to stay quiet if you repeat it ‘you said that’ or get really irritated. Anyway, my… Read more »

Lucia
Lucia
June 14, 2019 8:41 am

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry at this Mystic. As someone with Mercury Pisces Retro a twenty year marriage with a stellium sun Pisces male who gaslighted, blindsided, hoodwinked and pulled the carpet from under me in such a way that it’s taken me another 20 years to even process the injustices. I used to wonder why I had so many dreams of searching for but not finding him during our relationship. Note those dreams! This post reminds me of Milan Kundera’s Life is Elsewhere.

HLawless
HLawless
June 15, 2019 10:04 am
Reply to  Lucia

You might enjoy the movie Gloria Bell with Julianne Moore. I personally never associated Pisces energy with dishonesty, but hearing this I am understanding more. Maybe particularly male Piscean energy can be shifty, as in many cultures that sensitivity in males can be stifled. I would see it stemming from trying to avoid conflict. Being uncomfortable with creating tension or negativity so creating stories or alibis to not have to deal with it.

June 14, 2019 8:06 am

Pisces rising conj sat and Chiron but Neptune is 8th Scorpio I don’t have boundaries. If I don’t want to talk I won’t be found but if you can find me there is no stop point. Whilst taking a course we were asked to walk up to our partner in the class and would be told to stop when they felt you had hit their space and they were no longer comfortable for you to get closer. Every one went through the exercise with varying degrees of personal space. My partner for the exercise starts to come toward me and… Read more »

escapist
escapist
June 14, 2019 6:56 am

I love this ! Every thing I do is based on how I feel at the moment. I have over 200 pairs of shoes that I bought because the time was right and it must be sign from god. I also apply this logic to starting and ending relationships. I can’t get a tattoo because I can’t commit. I buy rugs instead of carpet because I can change my mind which I must be able to do or I will die from depression. I have married Elmer Fudd 5 times because sometimes he’s kind of cute. Boundaries are arbitrary.

Louise Avery
Louise Avery
June 14, 2019 1:38 pm
Reply to  escapist

Oh yes to the shoes thing too.. am slowly weaning myself off them though

freedom first
freedom first
May 9, 2020 3:45 pm
Reply to  escapist

ditto about the tattoos – think they are beautiful -but how do you commit to something so permanent – carpet squares – even less commitment than a rug. Working on boundaries – Pisces mercury, numerous positive aspects to neptune and aqua rising w/ a pisces interception…

melc
melc
June 14, 2019 4:41 am

Wow! I have a bunch of planets in Pisces and have always felt kinda like an honorary Pisces. This REALLY resonates. And, existence is not linear. Linear time is a man made construct. I mean we can use it, but we shouldn’t suffer the fool

kriblack
kriblack
June 14, 2019 12:36 am

I laughed out loud at the word alibi. I wouldn’t say I lie for leisure though – for me evasiveness and dishonesty is part of the border control. Either you’re not worthy of getting in so I have no qualms about lying to you, or you’re lovely and I will let you in sometimes but nobody gets in all the time and so for those people, it’s more evasiveness to avoid hurting feelings or making promises I won’t keep later. And absolutely yes to believing synchronicity over people. That’s the reason for the murky boundaries boundaries in the first place.… Read more »

Ellie M
Ellie M
June 14, 2019 12:34 am

9th house pieces sun and mercury and Gemini moon in 12th House here. I’m an immigration lawyer so I’m often found fighting to stop illegal immigrants being deported while at the same time following strict rules and guidelines, it can be confusing haha
I also have an unusual approach to time. I don’t really think it exists in the way most people do. Things are happening now that correspond with the past and future. Could be my mercury square Uranus out of the box way of assigning meaning to events.

Incense
Incense
June 14, 2019 12:22 am

I have a Pisces moon, which you might think would stand in stark contrast to my Leo sun, but they are both such magical thinking signs (at least to me) that they jive well. And I can fully confirm all of the above. I can relate the stories of my life in hilarious, heartbreaking, cinematic fashion … unless I feel like I don’t know you very well, in which case, name rank and serial number only. Definite boundaries. Which sometimes soften, depending on what I may have overheard you say and liked. Or didn’t, as the case may be. Or… Read more »

Shazberry
Shazberry
June 15, 2019 11:55 am
Reply to  Incense

I’m Leo Sun Pisces Moon too. I love the symbiosis of these two. I find they work really well together

June 14, 2019 12:07 am

Time… I’m late, for everything, all the time. To the point where I become extremely anxious if someone is mad at me for being late, and I have to seriously consider if I can continue the friendship because of the anger/anxiety dynamic, or the “no one died, what’s your gotdamn problem” attitude that I eventually sometimes flip to.. having said that, I never missed a flight until my father died, these years have seen me miss a few now though, But time, Honestly it’s like being mad at the ocean for being salty. Yes to the magical phrase riddle thing,… Read more »

Chrysalis
Chrysalis
June 13, 2019 9:13 pm

Trust synchronicity more than they believe most people…ain’t that right. The last couple of weeks it’s been off the scale. I wish these signs came with instructions or at least an interpreter. Here’s the latest in a long line of crazy coincidences in the past month… So today I was in my supervisor’s office at uni having our regular meeting. A knock on the door. She is not expecting anyone. “Come in,” she says. In walks: the Neptunian Cap. Holy FUQ. I have not seen or heard from him in seven years. He looks at me and we both laugh… Read more »

Hel
Hel
June 14, 2019 3:37 am
Reply to  Chrysalis

Oh..mr 8 soulmate links!..That is interesting.

Chrysalis
Chrysalis
June 14, 2019 9:56 am
Reply to  Hel

Yep. Of all the gin joints in all the world. What are the odds?? Of course multi-Pisces 7th house me wishes it was a new chapter opening up for us but I’m pretty sure it’s *just* Pluto whacking me on the head again. We must have been hanging around the same campus for the past few months in each other’s orbits again without knowing it. I’m very sure he won’t contact me even though now it’s very easy for him to do so if he wanted. So I will feel another bout of crappy rejection. I know all the rational… Read more »

Hel
Hel
June 14, 2019 5:17 pm
Reply to  Chrysalis

Mmm…I guess time will tell if it is one or the other. The multi-Pisces 7th house sure doesn’t sound boring

WizarDora
WizarDora
June 13, 2019 8:39 pm

My first boyfriend, as a teenager, was Pisces. ‘Dear John’d’ me later that autumn, from Univeristy never to be seen again..until, he moved to a hipster city and became graphic designer. We met in the street, when I was on a hella comical and horrid internet date. He looks at said date, strokes his beard and oozes easeful charm, waxing lyrical about our ‘story’, offering highly romantic nostalgia via accurate time line. “How long has it been Jen; nineteen and a half years?”. Ace move, utterly Piscean. Me? Remember the scene in Amelie when she turns into a puddle- Yeah,… Read more »

LA
LA
June 13, 2019 7:12 pm

My Pisces Moon feels very seen!

June 13, 2019 6:41 pm

Yes, why do i always have to deal with Elmer Fudd?? Why he not live String Theory?? What’s with the blunderbuss?? (Very oppositional Virgo, like my Pluto Virgo blasting Pisces Sun.) Blunder (perceived?)–> bust it all.

Chrysalis
Chrysalis
June 13, 2019 5:51 pm

This is why I have trouble asking people to respect my boundaries. They are never sure if it’s a capital B boundary or not, and always assume it isn’t. Then when Cap moon door-bitch steps in, they get super upset. Also, Merc trine Neptune. The story is Everything.

June 13, 2019 6:42 pm
Reply to  Chrysalis

Cap Mars door bitch really throws a spanner. Esp square all the hard planets

Chrysalis
Chrysalis
June 13, 2019 9:14 pm
Reply to  milleunanotte

Oh yes! What a superpower.

June 14, 2019 5:58 pm
Reply to  Chrysalis

Trying to laugh with that “superpower” idea. Yes, will try to grow it as one, not irritate the others 🙂

LaFemma
LaFemma
June 14, 2019 3:48 am
Reply to  Chrysalis

I relate to this, I’m a pisces sun with cap rising (neptune conjunct asc. for extra vibes), so I vibe serious but then people are like “wow you’re really cool and fun” and that’s true but if someone tries to take advantage of my chill and nonjudgmental nature or lets their hair way down and reveals bad character or is just plain wasting my time the drawbridge pulls up and you ain’t getting across my moat (ever again, adds my scorpio moon).

bird
bird
June 13, 2019 5:41 pm

Nailed it. I especially relate to number 1. As for number 2, linear time? Pffft…

Chrysalis
Chrysalis
June 13, 2019 6:03 pm
Reply to  bird

Hahaha YES re linear time. I have a Cap friend who always sends detailed instructions when we are due to meet. “Confirming we are meeting at 1300 hours on Tuesday, however if the traffic is bad I expect to be there at 1307, apologies for the delay.” I’m like “It’s ok. ‘Tuesday’ is a time.”

Wish Upon a Star
Wish Upon a Star
June 13, 2019 6:53 pm
Reply to  Chrysalis

Tuesday is a time. Love it.

bird
bird
June 13, 2019 7:17 pm
Reply to  Chrysalis

Ahahahahaha! So funny! Yes, ‘Tuesday’ is a time.

June 13, 2019 4:51 pm

This makes me feel so much better (as a Pisces rising) and the string theory thing is SO TRUE.

dark star
dark star
June 13, 2019 4:48 pm

l o l
Hit it on the head mm
sometimes I wish it was “acceptable” to submit a cinematic montage to dry life questions- interviews, first dates, doctors appts et all. But it’s more fun to be unacceptable

dark star
dark star
June 14, 2019 2:40 am
Reply to  dark star

Boundaries are interesting. Can totally relate to the daily ebb and flow dance. People do have to test the waters. That is, until you fuq with me, then the pluto tower card will come out full force no problem…

Jamma
Jamma
June 13, 2019 3:20 pm

I always think in movie scenes. And half of what comes out of my mouth is dialogue. If I have to choose between the unvarnished truth and what would make better cinema, I’ll definitely slather on the varnish.
But in the Pisces universe we know that both versions are equal. And approximations are sometimes more accurate.

1997. That’s the summer everybody died. Princess Di, my dad, Robert Mitchum (see, another film reference), all conflated into one big funeral.

kriblack
kriblack
June 14, 2019 1:50 am
Reply to  Jamma

Approximations are sometimes more accurate. Beautifully put.

Firewater
Firewater
June 13, 2019 3:18 pm

I resemble this remark.
And my anecdote of where I was when Princess Diana died is indeed worthy of a dinner party. Even if only in my own tiny little mind

Stella
Stella
June 13, 2019 2:44 pm

Nailed it. (Pisces Sun & Mercury, Moon trine Neptune.)

Harmony
Harmony
June 13, 2019 2:34 pm

I am a sun moon Jupiter and mercury in the 12th also in Pisces. The mistake people make when trying to figure out a Pisces is that everything depends upon their subconscious childhood experiences and the fairy tales that has been woven around them. I easily slip into whichever world or mind creation depending upon whatever I am experiencing at the moment to deal with life. I would say that we fish aren’t evasive or mysterious on purpose, but living in dual or more worlds at once, and not 100% present in either.

KAK
KAK
June 13, 2019 2:11 pm

Thank you so much Mystic – this is sooo useful – just started to date a pisces – never dated one before – he spends a lot of time underwater – scuba diving LOL.

SwordidQueen
SwordidQueen
June 13, 2019 1:19 pm

I’d say yes to 1 and 2. My father and I are both Pisces Suns and both of us have movie recall memories and a story for every milestone event. As parents, we both exercise erratic boundaries.

Lotus A
Lotus A
June 13, 2019 1:17 pm

That sounds accurate. Don’t even try to nail me down. I don’t have a memory of when Diana died but I totally remember the wedding.

ScorpintheSky
ScorpintheSky
June 13, 2019 1:00 pm

I am aware my planets are in mostly fixed signs but I am struggling to understand how these traits are positive. I understand being adaptive is awesome as you can adjust and survive. But where is the nobility in these traits? Can anyone help me see things from a different point of view?

Jamma
Jamma
June 13, 2019 2:52 pm

Best answer!

narelle
narelle
June 13, 2019 2:13 pm
Reply to  ScorpintheSky

Mystic writes about positive and negative traits of a sign often

ScorpintheSky
ScorpintheSky
June 13, 2019 4:16 pm
Reply to  narelle

Right. That’s what I meant. How are the “haute” aspects of these traits manifested.

Hel
Hel
June 13, 2019 9:35 pm
Reply to  ScorpintheSky

For me mutable energy is freedom and flow. Walking out the door and a magical carpet unfolds in front of my feet. I feel completely safe, light and soft, even when the exterior is not, and everything is beautiful. The lighting is fantastic, and the movement of things and people are like a coreography, and I feel incredibly rich, because there is no yours and mine anymore, all this beauty belongs to me, everything Is me. Haute mutability feels better than regal, it feels divine. Sometimes literal gifts are given to me out of thin air, and in that state… Read more »

ScorpintheSky
ScorpintheSky
June 13, 2019 10:31 pm
Reply to  Hel

Right! Cool. Thanks! So if I am understanding you correctly, you feel like you are in the flow of the universe. You are cooperating with nature? Safe is a very interesting word for mutability. As is feeling rich and and divine. This makes sense to me. Thank you. It’s not just going with the flow because you don’t know what choice you want to make, it’s also choosing to feel mutable and look for the external flow and align internal self and feelings with that.

flashfire
flashfire
June 13, 2019 11:18 pm
Reply to  Hel

Magical explanation, Hel. That’s it exactly. Especially love “Haute mutability feels better than regal.” I would add that it feels divine, because it is Divine. The unity, the connection you describe is what I feel God/Spirit/Source/Magic is. For me, it is a bit like examining life through a multifaceted prism. Shift it this way and everything is heightened, outlined in indigo, shift it that way and it’s glossy and bubble gum pink.But it’s all of a part of the whole. When I’m in flow, it truly is mind over matter. Or rather, imagination over matter. My mutability is my greatest… Read more »

bird
bird
June 14, 2019 9:20 am
Reply to  Hel

Divine. xox

kriblack
kriblack
June 14, 2019 11:09 am
Reply to  Hel

This.

kriblack
kriblack
June 14, 2019 11:44 am
Reply to  ScorpintheSky

I can see where you’re coming from Scorp as I feel the same misunderstanding of fixed signs, fixed energy always feels so stuck as I have so little of it in my chart. As a predominantly Mutable person, it always felt like such a superior way of being. However, as I’m approaching my Uranus opposition (natally in fixed Scorp) I have started to wake up to how 1) Piscean mutability is not always positive or haute for those on the receiving end of it. I can now look back at several friendships and relationships and see my actions from their… Read more »

ScorpintheSky
ScorpintheSky
June 14, 2019 8:02 pm
Reply to  kriblack

Thank you for your honest response. It’s pretty generous of you to consider how our past actions may have hurt others. Lots of people don’t. As I am approaching my uranus opposition my realizations are around live and let live. The universe created a bunch of different people for a reason. Everyone shines in different contexts. I get what you are saying about the stuckness of fixed signs. Staying when you should leave. Not backing down from an argument even though its clear more information has eclipsed your point. Move. Be Free! Mutables are probably better at this than others.… Read more »

HLawless
HLawless
June 15, 2019 10:25 am
Reply to  ScorpintheSky

I’m pretty mutable, I see mutability as just more of an ability to blend in and adjust to situations, surroundings. Have you ever spoken to a Gemini? Lol. I think of that as a perfect example, they can talk about anything to anyone it seems, with such ease. Chameleon energy. I understand fixed energy too. It’s the cardinal I have a little more trouble conceptualizing myself (not a lot of personal cardinal energy). I’d say the haute form of Piscean energy is the ability to feel their surroundings and people around them, to psychically pick up on feelings, to warp… Read more »

gbs
gbs
June 13, 2019 12:18 pm

“And some of them see their core task in life as being to elude other people.”

This hit home. The whole post, really, but especially this. Sun conjunct Neptune conjunct Descendant. Moon in the 12th House.

Louie
Louie
June 13, 2019 12:16 pm

Yep all of this.. Particularly my sense of time. Actually I do have real trouble understanding timelines.. Still trying to work out what year I actually got married.. It seems like another planet but apparently Facebook tells me it was 2013. Pisces..Sag rising and pieces planets in all sorts of places.. Chart not handy.

Mardi
Mardi
June 13, 2019 12:04 pm

I didn’t realise afterthought *wasn’t* potential for cinematic short-films. Flashbacks – just like in the movies – view the highlights and plot-developments, and edit them all together; are you saying most people *don’t* have movie-recall? I remember where I was when Princess Diana died; prophetically, I couldn’t sleep. The tension in the air was so thick it almost glittered… I was sleeping over at my friend’s house – they were a large Mauritian Family, with a revolving-door policy. People would come in and out, make a plate of food, and then going off on their adventures for the night, leaving… Read more »

Shazberry
Shazberry
June 13, 2019 12:14 pm
Reply to  Mardi

I also didn’t realise that most people ‘dont’ have Movie recall!!!

Hayley
Hayley
June 13, 2019 11:59 am

Oh my goddess this is so true! I can tell a story about what I was doing when princess Diana died and how o felt it! ♥️

Pema
Pema
June 13, 2019 11:52 am

Yes to this, a thousand times yes, I feel understood 🙂

jm
jm
June 13, 2019 11:42 am

I knew a Pisces who totally ‘Single White Female/All About Eve-d’ me. She stole my identity and used my opinions in interviews. And online. It was pretty tough

Hel
Hel
June 13, 2019 9:01 pm
Reply to  jm

Wow, that is awful!

Shazberry
Shazberry
June 13, 2019 11:40 am

They view the past in cinematic vignettes or themed montages…..
Sooooo true. I am Pisces moon/asc and I do believe that my very less than remotely ideal childhood was made the easier because of my ability to create another world for myself and to futurise the life that I would have.
All of my past really does feel like a film to me.