I’m telling it like it is with financial astrology in 2019 and 2020. Read practical and magical suggestions for thriving through it, as well as the most viable Uranus in Taurus jobs/businesses. It’s relevant for anywhere on Earth and applies to any age, stage, or financial scenario. I’m not usually this blunt, and it’s not, obviously, investment advice. I’ll also be making the Horoscopes more directional and supportive in this regard. Should we freak out? No. But something is up, and it’s time to freak in.
Broadly, since 2008, we have been guinea pigs in a gigantic central banking experiment. It’s becoming apparent that the experiment has not only flopped but could be irreversible. The current situation is cognitively dissonant because it goes against the healthy financial consciousness that most of us have. How so? Interest rates have been artificially suppressed to drive people into debt. Not just by making money cheaper and debt easier but by ensuring that savings make no capital gain. Why save for a “rainy day” when you can leverage up by 10x your income? And, wages are also being deliberately kept low in most industries. That’s to help big business.
Historically low-interest rates and wages would usually synchronize with the low asset prices (houses and shares). For example, up until the last decade, a lending ratio of borrowing three times your wage to buy property was considered sensible by banks. The average salary and the average house prices were in lockstep. Many governments are now doing whatever it takes to keep wages low, and house/share price bubbles inflated. It is irrational and unsustainable. It erodes trust in government because the policy settings are so far out of whack with what a financially together person would consider prudent. The “everything is great” message is so contradictory to people’s observations on the ground that it feels more like gas-lighting in an abusive relationship.
When Housing And Shares Resemble More Of A Ponzi Scheme Than An Investment Or Businesses Can Not Survive Without Near Slave Labour, Something Is Gonna Give
Hard-working and ingenious people are waking up to the fact that (1) politicians are not going to step up and tell the truth, probably because they’re too busy looking after their interests and (2) we can expect less from government services in future. That was touched upon in When Pluto In Capricorn Is Your Financial Planner back in 2013.
There are, of course, multiple other factors – trade wars, unicorn companies, the environment, mass immigration with no planning, and the trillion-dollar derivatives bubble. The Saturn and Pluto conjunction converging from now and over the next seven months is the Everything for the economy. July and January are flashpoints within that scenario.
What to do? There are four broad approaches to the scenario:
(1) Double down on the traditional life script/dominant paradigm because, whatever the game is, you’re going to play it. Load up on significant debt to pay whatever someone says something is worth. Strive to succeed with what Breaking Smart’s Venkatesh Rao calls the credentialist mindset. Assume that things will get back to ‘normal’ at some point soon.
(2) Develop a savage nihilist mindset and vow to screw the government/authority/employers/employees back the way they screwed you. Deploy whatever cheats, hacks, and short-cuts you can get. Trade in cryptos, Space Dust, raw cunning and niche skills or knowledge. Rent everything – Trust nobody.
(3) Put a unicorn on your window sill, raise your self-esteem and trust that the Universe will provide. Assume that the government/central banks are on an evolutionary journey along with the rest of us. Try not to “talk down” the economy with negativity. Hope that your high-vibe personal energy and integrity will pay off in the form of abundance or, at least, security.
(4) Resentfully but efficiently plot to go off-grid, hoard your cash under the mattress, get some gold nuggets and barter.
The Promethean Pirate Mentality Works To A Certain Extent
There is also the option of marching on parliaments waving pitchforks, a la the Yellow Vests or becoming more activist. ALL of these approaches have their benefits.
There are advantages (for now) of going along with the phantom economy and some credentials still count. A law degree, for example, is totally Saturn and thus timeless. The Promethean Pirate mentality works to a certain extent: it is undoubtedly more energizing than trying to pretend all this is normal or ‘part of the plan.’ Re (3) There Is a place for positive thinking, and even in my most pragmatic mindset, I find the Jupiter Mp3 helps to make me feel financially empowered & see opportunities I had not seen. But magical thinking, mediation or binaural beats work best when aligned with a taste for work and a granite eyed view of reality.
There are benefits to a modified version of (4). E.g., growing your vegetables and herbs. Fixing more of your things rather than rushing to replace them.
Remember, Uranus is in Taurus, the sign of money, among other things. To act like things will go back to normal is naive. But to aspire to a neo-medieval subsistence style reversion is also incorrect. What’s coming is going to be new. To thrive through this transitional time without getting burst bubble gunk all over you, align with Uranus in Taurus.
Financial astrology in 2019 and 2020 is formidable for many reasons. See The Astrology Of The Global Financial Fuqery for more on how we got here.
The Most Resilient Jobs and Businesses Will Be Uranus in Taurus Themed
Like what? These are some examples.
– Building Biology
– Anything in the medical marijuana, hemp, and related space.
– Permaculture + ecologically aware versions of agriculture.
– Healing, Bodywork, Empowering people to take charge of their health and physique.
– Independent businesses. The Uranus in Aries era saw a shift to legacy media and name-writers relying on and publishing in social media. Many professionals and tradespeople similarly diluted their brand into that of a more massive conglomerate, franchise brand or digital middle-man. But in Uranus in Taurus supports authentic, local, and more craft-type businesses.
– Making things and local anything. As people become jaded with the ideals of globalism, hand-made/locally grown anything will become desirable. If things really get cracking, sewing machines will become as popular as they were before the advent of cheap, mass-manufactured clothes.
– People who are super-adept in new media, technology, and science to help write policy/study/be legal support for emerging genres. For example; Clone Law and, for that matter, Drone Law. Or defamation/people’s rights in an era when something can be shared or live-streamed in a heartbeat and the ads you’re shown increasingly match your private conversations, not anything you searched. Actually, if you think of super-modern media, marketing, entertainment, and law skills, you’ll be set up for Uranus in Gemini already.
Harking back to a time when things were different or to the rugged ideal of a pioneer out-of-the-system scenario is not Uranian. The post-Saturn-Pluto paradigm is going to be new, not some rehash of the old. Again, this is not investment advice, but astrologically you would ideally make significant commitments after January 2020, not before. And, go into (more) debt for education or health, not things.
The financial astrology in 2019 and 2020 is intense, but it’s not complicated. An unsustainable and inequitable system is breaking down, despite the best efforts of those benefitting to maintain it. Investing in yourself is a better bet than directing your hard-earned funds into old paradigms. The new one will optimally be more grounded in proper ecological management, fair and hospitable to healthy, reality-based business models.
Image: Tin Can Forest