Timing Love And Money With Astrology is simple once you keep in mind a few essential tips. It is probably the most popular use of this ancient art.
Technically, people are interested in a vast array of esoteric topics. Copernicus and his thoughts on the Sun as the center of our galaxy? Chiron as the ‘rainbow bridge’ between Saturn and Uranus? The mysterious 13th Sun Sign alluded to in a media frenzy every seven years or so? Asteroids – relevant to astrology or just cosmic clutter? Arabic Parts – useful or a fatalistic hangover?
But in practice, it’s the timing of love and money that interests most people. The writer Seth Godin – a canny multiple Cancerian – once said that the only thing people ever really want to know about is how to “get laid, get paid or lose weight.”
Some caveats. Free will is paramount, always. And, particularly when it comes to money, there is no substitute for a focused work ethic. With love, we are living through an era of unprecedented social change, disrupting old relationship paradigms and resetting the mating/dating scene. It’s in hyper-flux. Relationships are complex, and there are times in your life when self-actualization or energy poured into magic, parenting, health, and spirituality are a better investment.
Mars Accelerates – Saturn Decelerates
Still, here are some basic tips for timing love and money with astrology.
* No ONE BIG transit does everything. Generally, a favorable upward life leap is reflected by several astro-passages at once. One – meh. Two – hmmm. Three phenomena are pointing toward the same theme – it’s happening. For example, Jupiter moving into the 7th House AND Pluto trine Venus AND the Progressed Moon conjoining Jupiter would = a romantic upgrade. Look to there being several signals at once. Like the way that spies determine the value of intelligence.
* Significant Official changes in relationships and status (e.g., a massive promotion) are most often shown in the outer planets (Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto) conjunct the Angles: the Ascendant and Midheaven mainly but also the I.C. and Descendant.
* Look to Saturn for where things may be constricted or slowed down. Saturn in the 2nd or 8th House can force people to decelerate and re-think their biz model. It’s a time of paying down old debts – literally or psychically. For example, a person I knew with Saturn going through the 8th House was always feeling broke, and money stressed. She would get into crazy debt. It was not until she attacked some old ideas around what constituted ‘status’ and ‘power’ that her thinking began to shift and cash flowed better. You don’t get the speed-up in the area being affected by Saturn until the thinking changes. It is a restructure.
* Look to the Jupiter transit zone for where you can express audacity and pull off something fast. If you want to bump that up, wait till another beneficial influence supports Jupiter. EG: say Jupiter is in your 7th House and you want to find a partner. You would initiate your efforts or anticipate a breakthrough when Jupiter there was also being aspected by Venus or even Uranus.
* Progressions count! A progressed New Moon or a progressed Sun on Venus are all indicators of a new era coming into being. A new character in your life catalyzes growth.
* Saturn transits are epic for honing physique and having discipline, but you don’t usually feel like they are “fun.” Start any form of self-improvement or self-control scheme on a New Moon with a strong Saturn aspect for rad results.
* Jupiter is still the big $$$ vibe and mainly when Jupiter is a friendly aspect to Venus or Mars. But it’s steely old Saturn that delivers the long-term, bottom line money. Any transit of Jupiter-Pluto is empowering and prosperous.
Neptune Goggles Are Not Just Rose-Tinted – They Come With Scent + Dimension Warping Features
* If you are fixing on a money scheme or a new love with any whiff of a square from Neptune to your personal planets, apply caution. Neptune Goggles are not just rose-tinted; they come with scent and dimension warping features.
* The ruling planet (the one that rules the Ascendant) can always be relied upon to help. So where-ever that is transiting is the area to emphasize. It sounds trite, but it works. So say someone is Taurus Rising and frustrated at a lack of romantic options. But their ruler Venus is currently in the 10th House – public image, career, visibility, etc. Even though it is not technically a “romance” transit, attention paid to the vocational image, work events, corporate wardrobe, publicity, etc. would activate positive romance Qi.
* Find generally “good” or strong astro-passages coming up and work out where they will be manifesting in your personal chart. E.g., Saturn conjunct Pluto in 2020. They determine the climate and societal themes that you will be operating in.
* If you want a clue as to how to handle (say) Pluto coming up to your Moon in a year, look to the Moon on your Pluto the very next time it happens. Or at the Moon-Pluto conjunction that occurs each month. It is marked on the Moon Calendar. There will be a clue. It may be minor, but there will be an echo.
Astrology and Astro-Passages Or Transits Are A Series Of Echoes
* Anything connecting with the South Node also affects the North Node as they are always in exact opposition. BUT a conjunction to the South Node closes off an old karmic situation or your emotions around the past. The North Node brings in new people and future Vibe.
* Eclipses move things along REAL fast but generally only if the degree is super close to a potent point in your natal chart. Don’t invoke eclipse protocols for a piffly eight-degree orb or a second-tier aspect made by an Eclipse.
* In relationships, aspects to the angles of a composite chart show changes to the status of that relationship. People often meet one another when an Outer Planet is conjunct their Composite Ascendant.
* The progressed anything changing sign is usually a new chapter in life. Add in a potent Pluto or Uranus transit, and the evolution is significant. E.g., You move country, have a baby, get married or divorced. The Progressed Ascendant often triggers an exceptional change in consciousness.
* Mercury brings a message. If you’re waiting on something, look to Mercury and when it next connects with a point in your chart. The Mercury Return (when Mercury conjoins your natal Mercury) is often neglected, but it often syncs with a time of MASSIVE clarity around who you are and what you want to transmit to the world.
If you’re not familiar with your birth chart or you want my take on your natal or transits, see the options for an instant report here.