Electrical sensitivity is not just some random thing that weird people get. It’s legit and growing. Uranian people may be more prone to it. Aquarius, Aquarius Rising, and Moon in Aquarius people routinely, after all, kill watches and scramble the read-outs from electrical equipment. If you are Uranian, lights flicker or surge when you’re around and high vibe.
If you’ve been reading your Horoscopes or the Daily Mystic emails, you’ll know that this weekend’s Dark Moon is ultra-potent. The classic Dark Moon is a time for sifting through and integrating the themes of the cycle that is ending.
A Dark Moon on the verge of an Outer Planet changing signs is extra profound; the usual Dark Moon Decluttering Power Purge is highly effective. It’s the best House Witching weekend of the year, perhaps even of the decade.
Tin-Foil Hat Wearer Is A Derogatory Term To Describe A Valid Concern
Synchronicity has compelled me into being more aware of electrical sensitivity. It began a few weeks ago when my wearable fitness tracker started zapping my forearm. It had taken a while to work out what the tingling, hot spots and other scary symptoms were from, but once I realized it was that thing, I switched focus.
My Mars in Virgo Vision turned from measuring steps to calculating electro-magnetic-frequencies and the radiation potential in various household appliances. I worked out that I may as well have been walking around, step by measured step, with a microwave oven strapped to my wrist. The radiation was the same, only unlike microwaves, my device was never turned off.
Astrology And Electrical Sensitivity
Same deal with the pulses sent through my system to get the heart rate; medical people don’t usually monitor heart rates non-stop. I was getting unprecedented heart palpitations, along with with the zaps, little burn marks, a suddenly itchy scalp with falling hair, etc. If you think about it, our bodies were not designed to live in an electrical field. We are electric and are naturally going to be influenced by heightened electricity/radiation around us. To what extent? We’re finding out.
E.M.F.s are like household and beauty product chemicals. Anything you can buy in a first world country is going to be legal and proven not to kill you. It’s not like your shampoo or hairdryer on their own are going to do anything horrendous.
The wearable fitness device that caused problems for me (and many others, as attested to in numerous comments online) has radiation/electromagnetism well within the legal limits. I asked some staff at Apple about non-Bluetooth enabled mice, and they legit stared at me as if I were in there asking whether the Illuminati could see me through my iMac. I may as well have been wearing a tin foil burka.
Maybe the people being affected poorly have electrical sensitivity or perhaps they’re early-adopters. Or, the legislation has yet to catch up with the technology.
Legislation Has Yet To Catch Up With The Technology
But it’s the cumulative effect that concerns some people. The hairdryer EMFs and the Wi-Fi and the Bluetooth and the electric toothbrush etc. We all have to find our happy level. Let’s take a scale of Zero to a Hundred. Zero would be living off-grid, bathing in mountain streams, and eating only your hand-harvested spirulina. Hundred would be sleeping on top of a sub-station and spray tanning twice a day. Nobody does either extreme. We all need to find our version of the middle. I am an urban creature (North Node in Gemini trine Mercury), and I like super-fast cable internet + to be able to walk everywhere. And I fear the whacko-fundamentalist end of the anti-tech people – because I’m not anti it at all. Still, the zapping experience freaked me, and I’m now devoutly into electro-house-witching.
Most of my information came from obsessive googling, exhaustively quizzing a quite surprised electrician and speed-reading (via my Kindle in airplane mode) a book called Zapped, which I recommend. My next read is going to be The Non-Tin-Foil Guide To EMFs. These are my electro-house-witching suggestions and thoughts, make of them what you will.
* Smart Meters are supposed to be amazing as in they don’t require a “meter man” to come to your place and read the meter. In the future, they will connect to appliances like your fridge, so you will be notified if it is using more power than usual or is inefficient. They also tend to emit a strong radio-frequency, which proponents of Smart Meters say is irrelevant. So in my area, you ring the power company, say you don’t want it, they act like you’re crazy and say you’ll have to pay for the meter man, but they will turn it off on request.
Electricity Is Fire Element In Feng Shui
* Getting a wind-up alarm clock. I know, this sounds Luddite. But my amazing Libra naturopath has been saying for years that having your mobile phone in your bedroom or even using it at night vampires your melatonin and thus sleep/healing/rejuvenation. I ignored her, sad to say, but the issues with my fitness wearable got me woke. I bought a dinky little wind-up thing, and it works fine. It feels steampunk and – bonus – it forestalls late night ‘research benders’ or aimless meandering through social media. So far, I have had a sensational sleep and better dreams from this practice.
* Check out or be aware that household appliances may emit way more EMFs than you would think, whether you’re using them or not. You can pay a person to come around and check them all with a gadget that measures radiation (building biologists do this, for example) or get a device to detect energy – as it is the same one they used in Ghostbusters, I am SO tempted to do this. Apparently, ghosts mess with EMF fields.
Apparently, Ghosts Mess With E.M.F Fields
Also, while we are at it, electricity is Fire in Feng Shui. Top Suspects in things you would not think were super high in frequency: electric toothbrushes, vibrators and hair dryers. My electrician said that they routinely see electric toothbrushes that have just melted and that you’re supposed to unplug them after each use, FYI. So if you are not absolutely in love with the device and its usefulness, consider discarding it.
* Bluetooth is stronger than you might think, although my personal “WOW” fave technology. But the headphones, the computer mice and keyboards, are all transmitting away. I’m trialing going without it to see if it makes a tangible difference. I ordered these “air tube” radiation free headphones that you can plug into a mobile phone to listen to music and take calls. If you turn the Bluetooth + Wi-Fi off on a computer, it lowers the EMFs considerably. The electrician said that everyone should turn off their Wi-Fi at night or when not using. He was surprised that I was not already doing it, even though he had never heard of electrical sensitivity.
I’m More Psychic Since The Demand Switch
* Finally, my one act of electro-house-witchery that seems weird but which worked immediately: switching off the lights in your ceilings via the mains at night. This sounds so weird, but it completely changes up the vibe in your home and, if you are at all intuitive, it does something magical to your sense of connection with Source Vibe. So there are several circuits of power in any property. The kitchen usually has its own one, and the power circuit (which has power points) is distinct to the lights circuit.
With the flick of a switch, you can turn off the lights circuit, so you still have floor lamps, appliances and so on but the light is not going around and around in the ceilings all night while you sleep. Even with the lights turned off, the power still circulates through the house, looking for an outlet. The electrician called it ‘dirty electricity.’ So if you turn it off at the mains, it stays outside.
Of course, we could embrace this and see it as a new style of being, complete with its electronic spirit guides, and decide that even if there are health problems associated, the benefits of the technology and convenience outweigh the risks. I have such keen electrical sensitivity (and Radio Frequency) that I’m devoting significant effort to minimizing my exposure to it. I also feel more attuned to my psychic energy since installing the demand switch.
Access Horoscopes, Insta-Tarot, Oracle & more
Join the thousands of happy Mega Mystic members, who are enjoying Mystic’s unique, modern and empowering take on the ancient art of horoscopes & all things Astrology. With an all-access membership