What Is The 2020 Capricorn Convergence?

Jodie Foster with asteroids and rocks around her wearing blue fake fur

The Saturn Pluto conjunction 2020 is Everything. I am calling it the Capricorn Convergence. It’s rare, epochal and an essential astral phenom to integrate into your planning. You’ll increasingly notice the Horoscopes and Daily Mystic email referring to it so what is it exactly?

In January 2020, exact on the 12th/13th but influencing the whole month, Saturn meets Pluto at 22° of Capricorn. That’s the ‘it’ zone of the galaxy/your birth chart. Not only that, they are already converging. And over 2019, the South Node of the Moon crosses this highly active flashpoint degree, as if to prep.

Saturn and Pluto conjunctions are rare, every 37 years or so. The last two were in November 1982 and August 1947. They’re always geopolitically charged and associated with shifting power bases. The 2020 Capricorn Convergence is intensified by Jupiter also being in Capricorn – that only occurs every several thousand years. More? There will be a Full Moon Eclipse in Cancer opposing it and Eris-Persephone squares.

Jupiter, the South Node, Sun, Ceres, Pluto, Saturn, and Mercury will all line up in Capricorn, with the 12th and 13th being peak intensity.

The sector of your birth chart where you have Capricorn and the 22° degree point of anything is going to be your It Zone. That is where you think regarding ‘foundation.’

I now have an epic Mp3 lecture rant on this niche event. Ge more details on that here.

Time To Build Your Power Base

Make your consciousness around that area life strongly built, stable, enduring and fortified without compromise for amazing results. (If you don’t know where it is in for you personally, see your Astral DNA birth chart)

Jupiter trines Uranus in December 2019, a fantastic Magician type aspect that supports the 2020 Capricorn Convergence.

Then, at the end of 2020, there is another funky and relatively rare conjunction; the “Great Conjunction” – Jupiter Conjunct Saturn @ 2° Aquarius, conjunct the Eagle Star Altair.

It is not like everything flatlines till the Saturn Pluto Conjunction 2020, and then there is a spike in activity. Energetically, it’s already begun.

It’s time to get on point with the Zeitgeist – gather data and build your Power Base

Image: Firooz Zahedi

bird
bird
January 12, 2020 11:34 am

It’s happening now, square my natal Venus and Chiron. It all popped up in my face last night/this morning. OUCH! She’s roaring…

gvolution9
gvolution9
January 12, 2020 3:39 pm
Reply to  bird

foundation of my spine is getting blitzed.
now if I could just get out of bed life will be amazing

The Year of The Phoenix
The Year of The Phoenix
July 13, 2019 5:55 pm

Well this could be interesting, it’s opposite my Lilith in Cancer, which is part of a Kite shape if NN can be an anchor point or in my case the kite tail?

No matter what it will be trining my Sun Pluto ((SN) in late Virgo

Been
Been
July 1, 2019 10:53 pm

Wow. I have a sticky note on the wall to keep focus: Get the house built (I designed it myself) Get out of the house and visit family (overseas – make it a business trip too) Get creative and move on (don’t linger) Just downloaded my astral DNA and I see that Capricorn and the 22° degree point of anything for me is this: 5th house cusp = 18 Capricorn 50′ 5th Art, Culture, Creativity, Babies/Fertility and leisure dating. 4th house cusp = 11 Sagittarius 22′ 4th Your family of origin, early childhood and home preferences. 10th house cusp =… Read more »

lennalie
lennalie
May 16, 2019 1:08 am

I’m so new to all of this but Capricorn and 22 don’t appear anywhere in my birth chart. I’m It Zone-less!

Nan
Nan
June 18, 2019 11:20 am
Reply to  lennalie

mine either, though I’ve come close with a couple of 25 degrees to a few things

Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
May 15, 2019 7:22 pm

I’m a Capricorn Rising but it’s 17 degrees. I’ll have to look at 22 degrees, I have 23 degrees for sure.

Mars in Aquarius First House at 2 degrees, that sounds interesting.

Neptunerising
Neptunerising
April 12, 2019 9:48 pm

Wow. I have Pluto-Saturn-Jupiter conjunct/stellium natally, in my tenth in Libra, which squares this major alignment in my second house Capricorn in January, with the Great Conjunction on my South Node. I’m not sure how this plays out astrologically speaking, as I’m still a bit of a novice exploring transits. Any insight from those of you more adept, would be most appreciated!

Invicta
Invicta
April 5, 2019 6:11 am

22” Capricorn is my NN

amazonalison
amazonalison
March 30, 2019 6:50 am

That 2 Degrees of Aquarius is on my Lilith in my second house (and where we had the eclipse with Mars on the SN back in I think late July of 2018). The first word that came to mind when I saw that Saturn and Jupiter were meeting there: Mastery.

batshley
batshley
January 24, 2019 5:45 am

8th house… I started mediumship training this year and have taken to it like a fish in water. Many, many, many lessons from my Sagittarius Saturn return have been extremely relevant to my current psychic rising. My clairvoyance and clairsentience have been off the charts since 2015, although it took me until 2018 to accept and acknowledge what was going on, and that it is in fact very real! I have begun building on the astral, time to start pulling into the waking life.

Chrysalis
Chrysalis
January 23, 2019 1:24 pm

22 Cap is my Eros-Juno-Vertex conj in the 5th, trine 2nd house Mars in Virgo, sextile Psyche in Pisces 8th. It will all have been over my Cap moon, Saturn is heading there at the mo to ‘prep’. lol. With all the Saturn, Pluto and Jupiter pinging my earth planets this year and next I’m hoping it means I’m going to finally be recognised in my field after working my butt off for a decade. Any thoughts about Eros and SN? I googled but didn’t find anything that resonated. Right now it’s manifesting as thinking about all the sex I… Read more »

Scorpleocap
Scorpleocap
January 23, 2019 5:54 am

Oh hell…. are there any astro geeks that know about Ceres and can offer some insight or comfort? I’m really wishing I didn’t check my chart as it looks like the convergence will be almost smack bang on my natal Ceres (21 degrees Cap, just at the start of my 6th house), and I’ve just been reading how Pluto transiting Ceres can mean either death or having your child abducted. Argh. Terrified right now, quite frankly, esp. after having left an abusive relationship less than two years ago. Sorry for a most uncheery qi-zapping post, but any insight would be… Read more »

Chrysalis
Chrysalis
January 23, 2019 11:44 am
Reply to  Scorpleocap

Goodness those interps sound alarmist and very narrow! If you search the archives on here there should be quite a bit on Ceres. I have Ceres in 6th (conj Venus and my Dsc). As I understand it, Ceres is about health and nourishment so if you have it in 6th, perhaps a focus on planning proper nutrition, routines that work to support your higher goals etc?
Pluto is often about transformation that can feel like something is dying off metaphorically. I speak from recent experience of Pluto going through my 5th and over my moon 🙂

Scorpleocap
Scorpleocap
January 24, 2019 7:41 am
Reply to  Chrysalis

Thank you, Chrysalis – appreciate your thoughts! Feeling so much better thanks to yours and Mystic’s post and am banning myself from random astro googling in the middle of the night when I’m way too impressionable. 5th house moon here too.

Scorpleocap
Scorpleocap
January 24, 2019 8:39 am

Mystic, thank you so much – this is extremely helpful and inspiring. I deeply appreciate it. My first step in laying down foundations in my 6th house for the convergence will be banning myself from randomly googling and trawling dodgy astro info in the wee hours of the morning during bouts of insomnia! What’s scary is that info really hit me on a primal fear level, even though I rationally knew I shouldn’t trust it. Seriously glad to get your take on it all. Very drawn to working to support DV victims. Funnily enough, very recently I’ve started learning about… Read more »

libraquarian
libraquarian
January 24, 2019 5:15 am
Reply to  Scorpleocap

My natal chart has Pluto conjunct Ceres in Scorpio (quite at home). My mom was a poisonous woman and my childhood was difficult but all good. I credit a Scorpio psychiatrist and my own trailblazing courage for the good life I lead right now.

Siofra Lamb
Siofra Lamb
January 23, 2019 3:40 am

Wow that “Great Conjunction” will be exactly on my first Saturn Return! I’m excited for the next few years <3

Siofra Lamb
Siofra Lamb
January 23, 2019 3:49 am
Reply to  Siofra Lamb

Just read through some comments… it’s all in my 2nd house too and I can see how an Empire could unfold 🙂 2 degrees Aquarius in the 3rd so would follow on nicely. I feel good about the Saturn return, being Saggo I have learned to love Saturn with having had him in my sign a few years ago, embracing the work and stripping away the bullshit! Definitely already thinking long term structures and streamlining the WHOLE of my life! Just came across a lovely accounting software for small businesses that’s free! Setting it up now and just in time… Read more »

Wish Upon a Star
Wish Upon a Star
January 22, 2019 11:06 pm

So I have Neptune in Scorpio Retrograde at 22 degrees and my south Node is in Scorpio and rny Saturn is in Aries. What does it all mean? Hey Mystic, I’m new to Astrology. I preferred your verbal interpretation instead of me possibly making a mountain out of a molehill. And I found your voice relaxing, friendly and reassuring. Like a dear old friend. Is there any chance of that coming back,? My Gemini mind can make a comedy out of this info and say that I should write an erotic fantasy novel but at the 11th hour I will… Read more »

Wish Upon a Star
Wish Upon a Star
January 23, 2019 12:20 am

My reply is below. Any how what does the retrograde in Neptune in Scorpio Retrograde mean,?

SamiLou
SamiLou
January 22, 2019 5:30 pm

So I was born during the ’82 Saturn/Pluto conjunction (Libra, 4th house). This is going to be on my Cap DC (24deg), so obvs opposing my Cancer AC.. Im not sure what this will mean for my MC, which is 27deg Pisces? I also have Jupiter at 22deg Scorpio, in my 5th, conjunct Mercury & Sun. Cap rules my 7th house, so I’m thinking relationships & community will be a huge focus for me; authetic, real, solid connections.. strong boundaries.. I have actually been really working hard to establish this the past few years, so this feels like the payoff.… Read more »

Wish Upon a Star
Wish Upon a Star
January 23, 2019 12:16 am
Reply to  SamiLou

So I googled Neptune in Scorpio and yes it is me to a tee. It has nothing to do with erotic fantasy. Yes my intuition is scaringly accurate that it gets tiring and lonely. When I was younger it might have been a buzz but now it is ground hog day. But as I am getting older I am learning to keep something for myself, mainly joy and simplicity. Being grounded will make me say no I don’t want to go there psychically. I think the whole purpose of my 4 year long Neptune transit was to use my intuition… Read more »

Wish Upon a Star
Wish Upon a Star
January 23, 2019 12:21 am
Reply to  SamiLou

Sorry Sami I accidentally replied to your comment instead of mine.

SamiLou
SamiLou
January 23, 2019 2:05 am

Haha all good! I’m glad you gleaned insight from that intense transit! Xx

Wish Upon a Star
Wish Upon a Star
January 23, 2019 12:49 pm
Reply to  SamiLou

Thanks, yes it was intense

Crystallised future
Crystallised future
January 22, 2019 4:04 pm

I’m excited/scared for my daughter about this. Her MC and ascendant are both exactly 22 degrees and the MC is in Capricorn. A huge couple of years coming up for her. Ive already done this year’s chart. Someone is coming along that will be carrying her into a future that is completely different to now and that person is coming along in the next couple of months. It doesn’t look easy for her but it doesn’t look bad either.

Crystallised future
Crystallised future
January 23, 2019 6:49 am

Yes Mystic. There is definitely a period where people are hanging onto her coat tails that exhaust her and she will need to decide who to keep and who to discard. Thanks to your Astro school, I can anticipate these things 🙂

fae
fae
January 22, 2019 3:47 pm

Ooh, that 2’ Aquarius convergence should be interesting, considering that’s where my NN & asteroid Lilith are, in the 8th house.

January 22, 2019 3:10 pm

11th house. Could have something to do with my moving on finally. New groups, new circle, new job, new country etc Sold my car yesterday so that’s another thing gone. I’m getting so light now I’m going to float away soon.

January 22, 2019 3:12 pm
Reply to  emg

Saying that I would also appreciate it if my body fat would disappear. Lighter would be good on the scales too !

Kat
Kat
January 22, 2019 1:45 pm

Capricorn rising. Is that my first house?

January 22, 2019 3:10 pm
Reply to  Kat

Could be your 12th ?

Kat
Kat
January 22, 2019 5:29 pm
Reply to  emg

Actually it is first. That’s image etc right?

January 22, 2019 10:41 pm
Reply to  Kat

Yes image but a bit more than that. Think also outward expression and the mask or persona’s we use to interact with the world and others. I think the ascendant is the vehicle to get us into the world and of course in our earliest stages it begins with the way we relate to our family. So, in thinking about that and the various roles we all get designated in our families the ascendant will naturally harmonise with the role or potentially be at odds with it and would then have to adapt. In early years it’s a survival thing… Read more »

PenelopeRevelry
PenelopeRevelry
January 22, 2019 12:22 pm

I think this will happen in my second house… where I have no planets at all! I also have no Capricorn in my chart or anything at 22 degrees… so drawing a blank on what exactly my power base will be!

January 22, 2019 3:03 pm

Making your own money

PenelopeRevelry
PenelopeRevelry
January 22, 2019 4:42 pm
Reply to  emg

Hmmmm interesting! Thank you

Syrena
Syrena
January 22, 2019 10:25 am

Oh God my natal Saturn is at 23 cap…

rachel
rachel
January 22, 2019 9:16 am

VERY CLOSE to partner’s 19 degree Cap moon IN THE 12TH–and his natal NNode is 13 Kataka, thus SNode close in the action–and he was born in 1982–the Saturn/Pluto conjunct ALSO conjunct his MARS, LOL. I am tingling a bit thinking about all this?!

The both of us have our natal Saturn on the other’s natal Lilith–def an interesting dynamic

WizarDora
WizarDora
January 22, 2019 8:58 am

*holds head in hands

Ok, I need some help with my chart. I have my Birth chart from Mystic, is a “zone” a house or, something else?

I am soooo dyslexic. I think the eclipse made me more dyslexic.

January 22, 2019 10:47 pm
Reply to  WizarDora

Going to try to add something useful….

Prefacing with ‘assumption’ given I’m not sure what you’re referring to.

If related to a house (say 10th) it could well be framed up as the zone of career and stepping into your power for example.

WizarDora
WizarDora
January 23, 2019 4:49 am
Reply to  Centaurus

Thanks Centaurus.

Capricorn at 22 degrees is in my fifth house. Nothing else I can see is in there. I may need a year ahead forecast from Mystic to relate to how this will affect me. anyone else got a fifth house vibe going on?xx

A'NLEIFR
A'NLEIFR
January 22, 2019 8:04 am

On Jan 12, 2020 I will have the Sun, Saturn, Pluto and Mercury all conjunct my Capricorn Ascendant, all in the 12th! I have a feeling it’s going to be a hell of a ride!!

January 22, 2019 9:10 am
Reply to  A'NLEIFR

You become a benevolent media conglomerate dictate all by yourself.

Redsonya
Redsonya
January 22, 2019 7:05 am

Wow! I just looked at my chart for November 1982 when we had this last. It was exactly conjunct my Uranus in the 8th house. I was 8 and it was the year that my parents divorced, we lost our home and my dad’s businesses, we were homeless for about a year and my mother met my horrible stepdad. I am going to hope and pray that this time around, this conjunction is kinder. That was a huge turning point in my life (and not for the better).

joolz
joolz
January 22, 2019 5:19 pm
Reply to  Redsonya

Feel you! That year my mother left me with my grandparents, I changed all my friends and what was left of the child me was done for.

Redsonya
Redsonya
January 22, 2019 6:09 pm
Reply to  joolz

I felt the exact same way! Hopefully the jupiter involvement this time around helps.

Redsonya
Redsonya
January 22, 2019 6:06 am

This is going to happen in my 11th house, opposite my natal Saturn in the fifth house. I already have sun, venus and mars progressed into Capricorn and a huge stellium of transiting planets in the 11th house. Should be interesting. I know 11th house is your dreams, community, anything else peeps here can think of?

judith
judith
January 22, 2019 5:05 am

I am THRILLED with this convergence as it happens in my tenth house(natal cap and Jupiter in Capricorn). Natal Aries ascendant and sun/mars in libra in 7th house,my life has ALWAYS been about other but the cosmos is interested this life in something different from me. I have been taking a righteous beating from Pluto in Capricorn since ‘09 getting to The Real Me. Carry the f*ck on.

PlutoMoon
PlutoMoon
January 22, 2019 5:05 am

Oh, hell yeah. This will trine – exactly – my natal 5th house (retro) Saturn at 22 Taurus. Which is also trine my natal Pluto at 27 Virgo. Uranus will be in my 5th house electrifying things by then. I was dreading this for a while, mainly because Pluto will be opposing my 8th house moon at 27 Cancer, but now I see differently. I’m being activated. This seems magic as fuq! I’ve just been hit by a cosmic bus, too, went through several months of illness and injury (thanks Chiron), still recovering, but it’s required me to vastly makeover/upgrade… Read more »

leoliza
leoliza
January 22, 2019 4:54 am

Ugh…well having my second saturn return (exact jan 19) during this Leo eclipse. Mostly dental and flu-like symptoms (6th house cap) Only one true saturn pass this time …gets close but no more exact! If this dental&flu was my return…I’ll take it!! So next years convergence will involve my 20Can Mercury opposition to the transit. Having mercury in my 12th house of cancer I think has always been my feeling to keep thoughts to myself or to put myself last. So maybe I’ll be more assertive afterward in my post- second- saturn- return ‘Crone-age’?

BLISS WITCH
BLISS WITCH
January 22, 2019 4:39 am

This all is squaring my Libra Ascendant. Pretty sure I won’t come out of this the same person, but I’m ok with this. It’s definitely on from now, if not earlier.

Last summer I was getting so many flashbacks to 2007-8. And Lo and Behold! That’s when Pluto was on my sun.

I also find Pluto transits to be a bit compulsive, and more ordered by fate than choice. My heart feels very tender this time around. And the future feels a bit foggy. Got to learn to trust.

libraquarian
libraquarian
January 22, 2019 3:39 am

It’s a party in my 11th house! The sun is going to be squaring my natal 8th house Mars so let’s hope I don’t die a violent death.

Jupiter in Cap will be conjunct natal Uranus as well as the transiting moon joining natal Jupiter and Venus (Virgo) in my 7th house. Not even sure what to make of it.

ICPluto
ICPluto
January 22, 2019 3:37 am

My Aries Sun is at 22 degrees. Boom! It will be the third and final pass of Pluto square my Sun, and a one-hit wonder from Saturn (thanks?). At the same time, Jupiter is opposite my Cancer Moon activating my cardinal t-square Moon/(Uranus/Chiron). I’ve been building an exoskeleton.

January 22, 2019 10:48 pm
Reply to  ICPluto

Hello! 🙂

ICPluto
ICPluto
January 22, 2019 11:14 pm
Reply to  Centaurus

Hello, Intrepid Archer! <3 I’ve been MIA for a while, but now that Jupiter is in my 7H, am feeling more comfortable to come out of my shell. Tee-hee! How’s the universe been treating you?

January 23, 2019 7:40 am
Reply to  ICPluto

It has been a while and I’ve missed your input but for quite a while haven’t been around myself so would have likely missed it anyways! Hope you’re ok.

Are you out road testing the exoskeleton for weaknesses or out promoting sales ? Cause we could probably all do with one and I for one am putting my hand up – once I get back to the surface. And, it’s probably not a bad way to take advantage of the upcoming Jupiter trine to Sun. Lucky!

scorpiodawn
scorpiodawn
January 22, 2019 3:33 am

10th hse….looking to working with fellow addicts and foundationing it now by starting to volunteer…woot woot abt time i got my career off the ground

Eliz
Eliz
January 22, 2019 3:27 am

3rd house in Capricorn almost directly on my north node at 23 degree cap. squaring my sun in aries at 22 degrees exactly… how do i prepare for what seems like quite the internal showdown? Anyone got some good tips for this?

SusanE
SusanE
January 22, 2019 12:29 am

I have Uranus at 22 in Scorpio in house 10. I don’t have any Capricorn in my chart. I think this is to do with my career, possibilities around reputation or reinventing myself?! Any tips appreciated ⚡️

PlutoMoon
PlutoMoon
January 22, 2019 5:10 am
Reply to  SusanE

You have Capricorn in your chart – it’s either your 12th house or your ascendant! It also sounds like you are coming up on your Uranus opposition – and it will be crossing your IC soon if it hasn’t already. Yes, lots of changes for you. When Uranus crossed my IC I had a major life change – divorce, new job, broke out of a really bad situation and began crafting a new life. My Uranus (8 Libra) is in my 10th too, conjunct my Sun and MC. The good thing is you can start deciding which direction you want… Read more »

SusanE
SusanE
January 22, 2019 6:14 pm
Reply to  PlutoMoon

Thanks so much! My Acendant is Sagittarius ♐️ will have a closer look at the Uranas Opposition. I briefly looked at this recently and it looked like it might’ve started already Thanks again

January 22, 2019 12:00 am

This will be opp my Sun with a 5° orb but exactly trine SD / Focalising Jupiter.
7H events are a far-off land known only by a glow.

January 22, 2019 9:17 am
Reply to  Jokerman

6tile to my Jup, not trine

January 21, 2019 11:19 pm

I have already begun pondering this given Pluto’s current coordinates. This will all be bang on Luna and 1 degree off Venus. I may get some ease with the Asc trine but not so sure when it comes to the Uranus/Pluto trine Pluto/Saturn aspect. It could be amazing. It could be a shit storm. I keep saying 2020 (as in vision) because there sure is low visibility for any sort of distance these days – so the bread crumbs can’t be spotted resulting in that niggling feeling that it all looks so familiar and maybe I’ve just done a big… Read more »

vikingwoman
vikingwoman
January 21, 2019 10:51 pm

Ok. My Sun is at 21:° Libra so I guess this Cardinal thing will activate something. Capricorn is my 12th house and i have witnessed a lot of deaths recently. My husband’s Ascendant is at 13° Capricorn and was diagnosed with ALS in August. While he is doing very well we know that this is a progressive and terminal disease.. My own Ascendant is 3° Aquarius so yep it looks like I absolutely need to Warrior Up and get my Marcus Aurelius on because I have a feeling my life will be entering an Epic change era.

January 21, 2019 11:53 pm
Reply to  vikingwoman

Sorry to hear that. Too hard

libraquarian
libraquarian
January 22, 2019 3:25 am
Reply to  vikingwoman

Sorry to hear! I am also a Libra sun with a 12th house Saturn…smack in between Capricorn and Aquarius at less than 1 degree Aqua. We’ll see…

January 22, 2019 10:57 pm
Reply to  vikingwoman

You’ve had a tough run vikingwoman. Words are inadequate for some things but I hope it takes a slow path. I recently found out one of my ex partners has MND. I’m ok but I’m sad for his family.

January 21, 2019 10:31 pm

Scorpio rising gal here, with the Saturn/Pluto conjunction happening bang on my natal Mars. Thank God I’m a marital artist. It’s in my 2nd house, sextile my natal Jupiter in the 4th, loosely trine my natal moon in 10th, and loosely opposing my natal Mercury in the 8th. I’m self-employed and am a martial artist so I’m just going to pour energy in training (Karate and Tai Chi) and making bank $$. Saturn transiting my 2nd house been TOUGH especially since it was preceded by Saturn squaring my natal moon and opposing my natal sun (damn you grand mutable cross!),… Read more »

MissDee
MissDee
January 21, 2019 10:43 pm
Reply to  D

What do you consider “loosely” in an aspect? 2 degrees? 3 degrees? Thanks 🙂

January 22, 2019 12:13 am
Reply to  MissDee

Here I’m using 4.5 degrees for a trine (my moon is at 17′ 49″ degrees Virgo) and that is probably much wider than what an astrologer would consider “in orb” especially since it’s a separating (not applying) aspect. For the opposition to Mercury it’s about 4 degrees (again a separating aspect) so it’s probably not in play, but I’m still considering it since I feel like I’ll still be dealing with the fallout of that opposition. 😛 What do you think?

January 22, 2019 12:18 am
Reply to  D

Just adding that I have felt Saturn transits A LOT lately so I’m considering wider aspect orbs. This might be because I’m a Saturn in the 1st house (in Sag) person or because I’ve had basically non-stop Saturn oppositions/squares/conjunctions to the most sensitive parts of my chart for the past… (consults ephemeris) 5 years. So I think they are all just starting to blur together now, lol. *sob* And of course Pluto has been making those same aspects, much more slowly, for most of my adult life.

MissDee
MissDee
January 22, 2019 2:23 am
Reply to  D

I remember that @Mystic had rules regarding the degree for the aspects. Something like:
– 1 degree for sextiles
– 3 degrees for trines
– 4 degrees for squares
And I don’t remember the oppositions and conjuctions 🙂

BLISS WITCH
BLISS WITCH
January 22, 2019 4:34 am
Reply to  MissDee

Howard Sasportas has a really interesting bit about orbs at the beginning of The Gods of Change. He says to incorporate and aspects the planets make- so if you have a conjunction three degrees apart, the whole conjunction needs to be considered with the orb on either side of the planets.

This makes a lot of sense to me as to why some transits are mini eras.

January 22, 2019 7:02 am
Reply to  BLISS WITCH

Oh interesting, and that makes sense. Especially with hard hitters like Saturn and Pluto. I just had Saturn activate my grand mutable cross and it started with Saturn squaring my moon and ended when it finished its opposition to my sun. My natal sun and moon are about 5.5 degrees apart (squaring each other) so really that era of transits lasted from early 2016 until the very end of 2017. That explains SO MUCH thank you!!

BLISS WITCH
BLISS WITCH
January 22, 2019 7:34 am
Reply to  D

You’re welcome! I would highly recommend that book. I’ve got Uranus 17 Sag conjunct Venus 21 Sag, and so I’m looking at the Neptune square as on from now until 2022/23 really. And then it moves into orb of my Sun conjunct Neptune… so really I’m looking at almost a decade of Neptune transits.

January 22, 2019 10:58 pm
Reply to  BLISS WITCH

Good reference!

MissDee
MissDee
January 22, 2019 2:19 am
Reply to  D

what do you mean by separating instead of applying?

January 22, 2019 7:07 am
Reply to  MissDee

We say an aspect is applying when the planet is moving towards the exact aspect with your natal planet/asteroid/point, and separating when it has past it and is moving away. For example, my natal Mars is at 22 degrees Capricorn, so right now Pluto is conjuncting it with an applying aspect because Pluto is moving towards it. Once Pluto passes over my Mars, it will be a separating aspect because Pluto is moving away from my natal Mars. So some astrologers say that you experience the most intense effects of a transit during the applying aspect (as the planet is… Read more »

BLISS WITCH
BLISS WITCH
January 22, 2019 7:36 am
Reply to  D

Pluto has always felt a bit compulsive to me. And I agree, that I’ve felt it with both applying and separating.

January 22, 2019 11:00 pm
Reply to  D

I would agree with this because of the speed of the outer planets. They need to get some distance before they feel less potent and 2 degrees is not what I call distance. Add to that they retrograde and can make several passes I reckon it ain’t over til it’s over though with each pass the edge can feel a little smoother at times.

January 21, 2019 11:54 pm
Reply to  D

Your partner betta watch out!

January 22, 2019 12:13 am
Reply to  Jokerman

Any man of mine knows how to walk the line. 😉 😉

January 22, 2019 9:18 am
Reply to  D

I loved your typo!

MissDee
MissDee
January 21, 2019 9:38 pm

I just saw that Jupiter will have entered (right on that day btw) my 5th house and trine my Virgo Rising.
21/22 deg Cap planet “assembly” will happen in my 5th, though they do not form any aspect.
I mean: have a BC Moon at 19°56′ Taurus, but I don’t think that can be considered a trine.
Or can it?

January 22, 2019 12:02 am
Reply to  MissDee

A transiting trine

January 22, 2019 12:37 am
Reply to  MissDee

Oh Pluto/Saturn at 22 degrees 35 minutes would be very close to forming a trine. It seems that in Mystic’s reports she uses 1 degree applying and 1 degree separating for most aspects, but I believe for trines many astrologers use 2.5 degrees for transits, which puts you right on the edge. The big Saturn/Pluto conjunction will happen on the separating aspect for you (both planets will be moving out of aspect from your moon, rather than into it), but because the moon is such a sensitive point (and exalted in Taurus!) I imagine you will still really feel that.… Read more »

MissDee
MissDee
January 22, 2019 3:45 am
Reply to  D

Jupiter will be forming a trine to my rising yes and Pluto/Sat/Sun/Mercury from the 5th will be aspecting my Moon – yes you are right 😉 – my 9th house (new orizons physical or intellectual).

LibraLilith
LibraLilith
January 21, 2019 8:22 pm

4th house – good place for foundation I guess, currently starting everything over

scorpiodawn
scorpiodawn
January 21, 2019 6:54 pm

22 degrees of cap sextiles my sun / n. node in scorp..whoop
and altair is my ‘birth’ star, the star highest in the sky when i was born…youre welcome lol

so_dance
so_dance
January 21, 2019 6:16 pm

So… I’ve got: 1. Capricorn ascendant, 2: Jupiter square ascendant and Saturn, 3: Pluto square ascendant… should I prepare for world dominion Galadriel with the one ring style? Taking over wasteland planting trees and Elanor, employing eco activists to teach people how to live in trees… Foraging to be included in global school curricular frameworks, overthrow the palm oil industry, I FEEL LIKE I SHOULD BE TYPING IN CAPITALS ALREADY!!!

January 21, 2019 9:38 pm
Reply to  so_dance

I’ve only typed in Canberra and Wellington. I dream of typjng in Prague

vikingwoman
vikingwoman
January 21, 2019 10:37 pm
Reply to  Jokerman

Lol! I needed that laugh thank you Jokerman!

January 22, 2019 9:20 am
Reply to  vikingwoman

By the time I get to Prague I hope my *typing* improves.

Alouetta
Alouetta
January 21, 2019 5:44 pm

Bang on my Lilith, the boss bitch of my 10th house, grand earth trining my mars (taurus) and moon (virgo).

Options:
– I become a dominatrix specialising in high end clients with mummy issues
– I start an all woman whole foods company giving jobs to chicks getting out of jail and single mums
– I actually start exercising

So excited!

AstroGeek
AstroGeek
January 21, 2019 6:30 pm
Reply to  Alouetta

Go for all of them!

January 21, 2019 9:39 pm
Reply to  Alouetta

Collect the whole set.

S
S
January 21, 2019 10:46 pm
Reply to  Alouetta

I was offered option one some moons ago. It didn’t end well for the person whom offered me that gig, Dutch Brother still doing time.

So I say follow your instincts, know your worth always and have appropriate safeguards. Go for Gold!

Five Arrows
Five Arrows
January 21, 2019 5:36 pm

My Venus is at 21 Capricorn in the 5th. Romance phoenixing? I can feel the foundations already going down…which is such a non-romantic thing to say, but hey Saturn, right?

MightyShell
MightyShell
January 22, 2019 12:24 am
Reply to  Five Arrows

Mine too, Five Arrows! 4th House. I’d love to feel some lurve foundations being set but so far… nuthin’. Hmmm. Good luck with yours though!

January 21, 2019 4:55 pm

i guess the closest orb of that conjunction (in my 7th house) is in square to my Venus and moon’s nodes (2 degrees orb). So, relationships. Then: trine Jupiter lilith in my 11th house (3-4 degree orb) – friendships and social circles. then: conjunct my moon (6 degree orb) . That’s my mother I guess. And Everything Which Lies Within. well, i’m glad that there’s a trine to Jupiter in there somewhere… i have already started anxiety-eating re the hard aspects to nodes/venus/moon thing. ohh… hi lunar patterns. lol. i’m just going to start meditating daily, it is probably the… Read more »

January 21, 2019 9:40 pm
Reply to  Sam

Gee I haven’t thought that far yet

January 22, 2019 9:27 am
Reply to  Jokerman

I have moon in capricorn. 2 years ahead is the minimum unit of planning. Especially now that I am starting to wake up again

January 22, 2019 8:21 pm
Reply to  Sam

Could be a Moon thing! I just catch the Zeitgeist 724 to Brampton and end up in Calgary

S
S
January 21, 2019 9:48 pm
Reply to  Sam

Thank you Pi for “the Chiron can also signify Charisma” comment. Because the truth serum of Dr Chiron has not been well received thus far.

The subject of my Mother well I’m sure it will continue to keep psychiatrists in the luxurious lifestyles to which they have become accustomed to, such as flights to Dubai, high end motorcycles and automobiles.

January 22, 2019 9:32 am
Reply to  S

By transit it always seems to bring on intense blues. But after. It’s like a seasoned pair of boots. So painful to walk in for the first 6 months you wonder why you’re even bothering. Them one day you realise they’ve softened and moulded to your feet. There are interesting scratches and a slouch to the leather and they look fantastic. You could walk 50km in them and wonder why you’d ever take them off. I think it’s like that maybe. I have a Taurus rising friend with Chiron exact on her asc. Not sure about her inner world, time… Read more »

S
S
January 22, 2019 6:16 pm
Reply to  Sam

Beautifully explained Pi.

Chrysalis
Chrysalis
January 23, 2019 11:55 am
Reply to  Sam

Oh yes to the meditation, regardless of what is going on… hope you are finding it useful?? I have been doing a lot of yoga for similar reason to keep my Neptune-sun transit in check, will it ever be over lol

Kathy
Kathy
January 21, 2019 4:45 pm

Oh, blimey! So, in January next year, I have all this plus my second Saturn return (Capricorn 11th house) PLUS my moon is in Cancer (at 20 degrees). All going on at the same time. Capricorn Convergence on Steroids? Please be gentle with me …

Geminian
Geminian
January 21, 2019 4:28 pm

It will trine my natal Pluto in my 3rd. Have been wanting to get a writing project out there. I guess it all starts from here.

ScorpintheSky
ScorpintheSky
January 21, 2019 3:36 pm

12th house. I have absolutely no idea what a 12 house power base looks like. Structure in the subconscious? Anyone else have 22 Cap in 12th house? As a Sun/Mercury/Uranus/MD Scorpio person any Pluto conjunction is important I would imagine.

January 22, 2019 12:53 am
Reply to  ScorpintheSky

Hmmmmm very interesting. Since 12th house can be the house of self-undoing (in ancient astrology) looking at any self-sabotaging habits that you have and seeking to eliminate/transform them would help. I think one thing that could really help would be to establish some lines of communication with your subconscious. So dreamwork, meditation, and journaling as part of your daily routine could help you set up those lines of communication so that you can make sense of whatever the heck Pluto (in particular) is transforming. If you haven’t read “Women Who Run With the Wolves” (by Clarissa Pinkola Estes) I *highly*… Read more »

ScorpintheSky
ScorpintheSky
January 22, 2019 6:53 pm
Reply to  D

Thanks for the recommendations D. I have reread Wolves countless times but I don’t tend to read Astro books so I will check your secret self out. No planets but it’s exactly square my moon in Aries I get the self sabotaging behaviours thing. Thanks for the tip.

A'NLEIFR
A'NLEIFR
January 22, 2019 8:25 am
Reply to  ScorpintheSky

I do! My 22 degree Cap is in the 12th and Saturn, Pluto, Sun and Mercury will ALL be conjunct my 26 degree Cap Ascendant Jan 2020, as mentioned, all in the 12th. I have been dealing with Pluto in the 12th since 2008 and Saturn for a year and the 12th has been rough but they are all gunning for my Ascendant during this convergence. I really don’t even know what to expect!!

January 22, 2019 9:23 am
Reply to  A'NLEIFR

Power and Water Shortages, Fuel unavailability, looting and the milk not being back in the fridge (despite it not working).

ScorpintheSky
ScorpintheSky
January 22, 2019 6:57 pm
Reply to  Jokerman

I’m more concerned about someone leaving out the milk than the looting. I am SUPER neat!

ScorpintheSky
ScorpintheSky
January 22, 2019 6:55 pm
Reply to  A'NLEIFR

That’s near a lot of your natal energy. Maybe as a cap sun you are already so good at structure it will just validate your precious effort. I have a lot of water and whenever there is a heavy water transit I seem to be OK as it is work I have usually done. So maybe it will be all good news for you!

A'NLEIFR
A'NLEIFR
January 23, 2019 2:41 am
Reply to  ScorpintheSky

Actually all that is the transits, the convergence. What I have there natally is my ascendant. So all those planets will be transit at 22 degrees Cap and my ascendant natally is at 26 degrees cap. When I ran my transit chart for 1-12-2020 it showed all of those planets conjunct my ascendant at the same time. I also have Mars in Cap too but it isn’t conjunct these planets.

Jacqui
Jacqui
January 21, 2019 3:10 pm

Persephone (the 399 one) will be exactly on my Ascendant, Eris on my Moon (22 Aries 3rd H) and Mars in T is my other 22 degrees. Jupiter/SN is the same degree as my Juno in T. This is going to be so interesting to see what unfolds personally and globally.

kriblack
kriblack
January 21, 2019 2:34 pm

Hmm, I have Juno at 22 degrees Cap. in my 5th house and opposite my Mars. Maybe I’ll meet my future husband? I’m actively NOT looking for love right now but I am curious. I will have to keep my antennae up for interesting encounters next year.