The Pluto Eris Experience – Pluto Square Eris 2019-2021

Pluto Square Eris

Pluto Square Eris is upon us, albeit not exact until December 2020.

To get a clearer concept of what we might expect from this alignment, I looked into historic aspects between these two.  And now my mind is blown.

But first, I need to clarify something. When Eris was discovered in 2005, a gigantic Pluto-sized Dwarf planet, astronomers called it Xena. Then they settled upon Eris, the Goddess of Strife. In the stories, she seemed to be in a perpetual snit because of not being invited to some patriarchal event. Screw that. Some pushed for it to be called Persephone but that name was already in use, attached to an asteroid 399.

But I see Eris as Persephone, the victim turned Queen of the Underworld. The most modern version of her story – where she was carried off by Pluto – is but the latest version. In ancient times, she was a Change Goddess, a chthonic deity like Pluto and one of her many titles was “the Mistress.”

When You See Eris, Think Persephone, Queen Of The Underworld, Shadow Boss and Change Goddess

When you see Eris, at least here on this site, think Persephone.

So Pluto Square Eris is in effect from now until the end of 2021. It is a catalyst for next-level feminism and women’s rights. I actually typed ‘rites’ but corrected it.

As Pluto moves slowly and Eris even more so, their alignments are rare.  Here they are and alongside the significant historical events that occurred with them, at least the ones pertaining to women. Reminder – Pluto Square Eris stays/stayed in effect for the year before and after the exact date.

Pluto Eris Aspects Timeline And Dates

Pluto Conjunct Eris – @18° Sagittarius – December 1756:  The last (official) witch execution. Veronica Zeritschin was 19. Rest in power, Veronica, rest in power. The only hell was that created in this world by the Inquisition. And their abuse in the name of religion was the evil.

Pluto Square Eris – @24° Gemini/Pisces – January 1909: It was the first International Women’s Day, Marion Dunlop became the first imprisoned Suffragette to go on hunger strike and the Women’s Tax Resistance League was formed. Refusing to pay tax without direction political representation, their slogan was “No Vote – No Tax.”

Pluto Opposite Eris – @13° and 14° Libra/Aries – August 1978, March 1979 and May 1979: Feminists made history with the biggest march ever (at that point) in support for the Equal Rights Amendment. Women opened the world’s first Rape Crisis center. Britain elected a female Prime Minister. The U.S.A. passed legislation making it illegal for employers to discriminate against women for being pregnant or at ‘risk’ of becoming pregnant. Judy Chicago’s epic feminist art installation – The Dinner Party – was put on display. It was significant, a symbolic herstory of women in Western civilization; ancient Goddesses silenced sages like Hypatia, healers, witches, scribes, inventors, rebel Queens, and so-called whores.

Pluto Square Eris – @23° Capricorn/Aries – December 2020: What will this bring? Given the themes of the previous alignments (and the #MeToo movement that ignited in recent times with Uranus conjunct Eris), I think it will be revolutionary and female-themed. FYI Rahaf al Qunun has Eris-Persephone conjunct her Mars in Aries. And she made her bold bid for freedom from the repressive regime of her birth on a Solar Eclipse, conjunct – yes – Pluto.

Thoughts?

Images:
American Horror Story – Coven
Judy Chicago

Raki
Raki
July 8, 2020 11:07 am

I was born in 1979 with the Pluto/Eris opposition and have a close Mars/Eris conjunction. My mother joined a militant feminist group when I was kid and I wasn’t allowed in the house as I was a boy (left outside like Eris), made friends with the dogs instead. My grandmother was also a danish feminist apparently and most of my female friends have been pretty strong women. Personally I feel feminism has gone too far and that this square will be showingthat and will result in a backlash rather than even more special rights for women. On the other hand… Read more »

rachel
rachel
April 13, 2020 5:17 am

I have chills!

February 4, 2020 5:09 am

I have Eris conjunct Black Moon Lilith 2 degrees apart. Saturn in Aries conjuncts Eris by 1 degree.

Any suggestions as to what this means?

February 4, 2020 5:41 am

So I cansulted the Oracle and it said to read Mary Angeles poem: But still I rise.

I read the whole poem and then I watched Mary Angelo on YouTube speaking her poem.

I could feel my mother and my woman ancestorss cheering as I finally get it. The oracle spits this out alot you see.
But previously I have been too stressed to appreciate it.

I can understand why Angelou stops laughs and cherishes her words. When she mentions the moon and sun always Rises my will becomes resolute.

P.E.
P.E.
February 4, 2020 4:19 am

My natal Sun is exactly conjunct transiting Eris – and now Pluto is also exactly square to both (and Saturn is close-by). Feels intense and I also wonder what the Eris energy is at a more fundamental level. Pluto is transformation, Saturn is responsibility and karma, Eris is …?

P.E.
P.E.
February 4, 2020 4:27 am
Reply to  P.E.

Thinking about it some more, Eris seems to have the rebel energy like Uranus, but as FIRE instead of AIR.

October 9, 2019 2:49 pm

Thoughts? Fuq yes: Many.

The book I want to write about my life will have a Persephone theme.

And last week when I was under immense stress and feeling trapped I had a flashback to me in a previous life along time ago. I was about 19 years old. Young, blonde and willowy. LOL.

Yes I was trapped and so distressed. I think I was being accused of being a witch. The pain was intense.

Rachelle Favaloro
Rachelle Favaloro
June 7, 2019 9:14 am

❤️ I see. Peace in balance.

Scorpleocap
Scorpleocap
January 19, 2019 4:47 pm

Fascinating, Mystic…can definitely feel something in the air re women RITES.

January 18, 2019 4:41 am

My part of fortune and Eris sit conjunct in Aries my first ? Bit of a minx Moi ? And transmitting mars is conjunct them.

BLISS WITCH
BLISS WITCH
January 17, 2019 5:03 pm

Women’s Rites!!!! Amen to that.

January 18, 2019 4:10 am
Reply to  BLISS WITCH

Yes that made me giggle

Pegasus
Pegasus
January 17, 2019 4:02 pm

For some who didn’t know, in the 70’s and up into the 80’s a woman could not get a loan for a house even if in well paid work and deposit unless she was married or her parents went guarantor. Know a few women who married gay men just to be able to buy a house! ALL bank managers were men then and believe me they made very difficult if you were an independent working woman with an overdraft or wanted a business loan to expand. My bank now is all women and my medical clinic has all women doctors.… Read more »

January 18, 2019 4:29 pm
Reply to  Pegasus

You know. It is a beautiful name. 🙂

Invicta
Invicta
June 2, 2020 7:50 pm
Reply to  Pegasus

Wow that business about working women needing a man or parents to buy is house in the 70s is kind of unbelievable.

Raki
Raki
July 8, 2020 11:11 am
Reply to  Pegasus

Women have equal pay in the west, they just don’t work as long hours on average and so it’s been made to look that they aren’t paid the same. It’s a statistical manipulation that should have run out of steam a long time ago.

cynthia
cynthia
January 17, 2019 10:13 am

Hi Mystic. I am trying to get my head around the square relationships between Pluto and Eris. How do we account for such a long first quarter from 1756 to 1909; followed by waxing square to opposition 1909 to 1978; then from opposition to third quarter square is 1978 to 2020? The time periods go from about 150 years, to 70 years to 40 years approx. I would appreciate your comments on this. Thanks.

rachellion
rachellion
January 17, 2019 8:01 am

This makes me feel better about my Pluto oppositions and squares going on..

firecow
firecow
January 17, 2019 7:47 am

my thoughts are that you’re amazing, and thank you for joining the dots on the pluto/eris-persephone square. Combined with Uranus in Taurus, I forsee much change and genuine female empowerment, grassroots, inside out. I have Eris-Persephone in Aries conjunct my rising, along with Lilith in Aries (not conjunct), so I am on board.

redondo.bleach
redondo.bleach
January 17, 2019 7:39 am

LOVE THIS! Love Judy Chicago! So proud of Canada for taking Rahaf in! Can’t wait to see what happens!!! MM more historical things like this would be VERY welcome!!

Pegasus
Pegasus
January 17, 2019 3:45 pm
Reply to  redondo.bleach

Canada and New Zealand are way ahead in the times compared to many other places. Good government is probably the reason.

January 18, 2019 4:12 am
Reply to  Pegasus

How we in the uk long for good government ! I watch with interest as it pulls itself apart. Interesting times and long overdue I feel.

AAC.
AAC.
January 17, 2019 5:50 am

Empancipation and liberation of Saudi women and millions of others still the property of fathers, brothers, husbands would be grand. The end of forced child marriages across the USA and myriad other countries. Liberation from post modernism squashing us back into the box of enforced partriarchal gender roles and stripping woman from women. Liberation of female thinkers at universities who have been no platformed and silenced for the last 5 years. Liberation from media that infantalises and turns women into headless objects. The establishment of laws that actually protect women in their homes. A return to respecting the devine feminine… Read more »

January 17, 2019 1:15 pm
Reply to  AAC.

yes yes yes!

Alouetta
Alouetta
January 17, 2019 2:23 pm
Reply to  AAC.

Curious about the link between post modernism and patriarchal gender roles. Can you say more?

softscience
softscience
January 19, 2019 8:24 am
Reply to  Alouetta

Yes, what does “stripping woman from women” mean? Sounds TERFy.

JSNOW
JSNOW
January 17, 2019 5:28 am

This is such an interesting and amazing post. <3 I have heard "bad" things about Eris (primarily from male astrologers) and so I love this recasting/reclamation of her as Persephone, Queen Of The Underworld, Shadow Boss and Change Goddess. <3

A'NLEIFR
A'NLEIFR
January 17, 2019 3:09 am

First woman president of the USA..

Raki
Raki
July 8, 2020 11:17 am
Reply to  A'NLEIFR

Women leaders are historically 26% more likely to bring their country into war based on the last 500 years. So many illusions surrounding women and perpetuated by women who love the idea of having a dark side when it denotes power but ignore it when it denotes misuse of power.

elf
elf
January 17, 2019 1:48 am

The three pillars of the patriarch.

1). Exclusion. Exclusion from clubs, opportunity, employment, education, travel, heroines, history, priesthood, venerated dieties, power positions in every sphere and the like.

2). Ridicule. Mother-in-law jokes. Old wives’ tales. Body shaming and ridicule—breasts, mensturation, pregnancy, Emotional shaming: hysterical (testerical over Gillette much?) belittling of physical characteristics and stereotypes of stupid. Lexicon filled with misogynist terms for which there is no male equilavent.

3) Violence. Intimidation, threats, murder, rape, assault, mayhem and general physical power over. Taking up space like manspreading.

elf
elf
January 17, 2019 2:03 am
Reply to  elf

As I develop this, there might be a fourth, and that is of labor ownership. The conventional housewife’s labor was owned by her husband—unacknowledged, unappreciated and not compensated while “his” earnings were all his to walk away yet she is Mrs. — the other half. Take for example the splatter about Bezos being the richest man and how his divorce will halve his wealth. Ahhh. Wait a minute. Half was hers from the start so he never was the richest man. Or maybe the divorce will cost her half of her wealth. And why hasn’t she been listed as the… Read more »

Alouetta
Alouetta
January 17, 2019 2:32 pm
Reply to  elf

Yes the everyday work of running a household and parenting children so often falls to women. Capitalism needs someone at home to manage this for free, everyone desiring things to minimise labour/enhance sex appeal/get ahead, and everyone nuked into separate households with no communality or shared support. You can’t take down the patriarchy without examining the capitalist nightmare. At the moment my fb feed is absolutely dominated by discussions on the Gillette ad and Marie Kondo. Not a coincidence I think.

January 18, 2019 4:16 am
Reply to  elf

So glad you said this. Above AAC says a lot and I wanted to add something but you have now opened the way. If anyone else tells me we abolished slavery way back when I can’t help pointing out that slavery is still alive, well and thriving in many communities and countries. Women all over the world are still subject to this barbaric practice and the sooner the globe can realise the better.
There said it.

Raki
Raki
July 8, 2020 11:21 am
Reply to  elf

She didn’t labour in creating Amazon and even though she was completely undeserving of all that money Bezos was pretty good about it. In contrast look at when rich women are forced to split their wealth with a poorer husband, they nearly have a breakdown at the injustice.

FireTryin'
FireTryin'
January 17, 2019 1:20 am

Here to express my regard for all the powerful, strong, vulnerable, wise beings here and elsewhere that support and guide and protect. In my natal chart Eris is on my NN and she has by transit been trining my Sun. Such interesting things to wonder about and investigate.

SusanE
SusanE
January 17, 2019 12:49 am

This gave me shivers down my spine! How brilliant!

January 17, 2019 12:45 am

Mystic, I humbly submit that you may be perpetuating the exclusion of Eris from the pantheon party, by calling the planet Persephone and applying that mythology, rather than the dynamic, independent, confrontational, mischievous, deep cultural-level sh-tstirring energy that is Eris goddess of discord. Of course no one likes her. She wrecks parties and illusions 🙂

Eris is conjunct my MC and opposite Pluto.

Hel
Hel
January 17, 2019 9:44 am
Reply to  Sam

I agree with you, i am born in may 79, and i sort of liked thinking of her as a female Mars. A fire energy restless, proud and fearless. I see Persephole as a more regal and dark undreground character.

Hel
Hel
January 17, 2019 8:26 pm

When you put it that way it makes sense. I didnt know about the orbital paths, and i love the poetry of that image. Thank you Mystic!

January 17, 2019 11:34 pm

ooh you know this is interesting. planet discovery / naming astro / stories are so good.
you know though, another Eris story is as the 13th fairy / uninvited guest. So maybe all of this is actually all aligning?? Except for any actual mythological connection between pers and eris. ? a theory.

January 18, 2019 4:20 am
Reply to  Sam

Hang on. She was Xena. Warrior queen ! Taken from the TV show. I can’t help think that she’s a real female force, a trickster, a goddess, a mischief… come to think of it listen to our conversation? She’s even making us squabble and prove our points. I like her. She’s a minx what ever we want to call her !

Skarab
Skarab
January 18, 2019 7:02 am
Reply to  emg

Yaah…. Right now i have Mars sitting atop my natal Eris-Gary conjunction. Which might be why I did something very hoonish last night involving paint, gaffer tape, law courts property, and an ars*hol* misogynist judge’s name. Also a weird random hankering for bundy & coke.

January 18, 2019 9:34 am
Reply to  Skarab

You did what ?!?!? I wrote to the courts today. Rather more formal but same idea. Listen up bro ! Was basically the gist.

January 18, 2019 4:33 pm
Reply to  emg

Eris in aries: “Let me just run that though my bullsh*t-o-meter, Your Honour” Alternatively. Has compromising photos of His Honour and upon some kind of outrageously chauvinistic etc judgement, sends them to all media outlets Eris-ish characters in film and TV imho Heath Ledger’s Joker Robin Wright as Wonder Woman’s aunt in that recent film Themes in Carrie, the 1980s film (the astro for that film’s release date is fascinating) Not Sarah Connor, Potentially Geena Davis in long kiss goodnight Ok Basically they’re existentially not afraid to kill or die or be disgraced, for the thing, cause, issue they’re sinking… Read more »

January 18, 2019 7:11 pm
Reply to  Sam

That’s it. It’s NO FEAR. It simply has to be said, done and seen to be done. To alter the enshrined collective mindset. The individual is a worrying thing to the collective.

January 19, 2019 11:12 am
Reply to  emg

Haha!
For the record I do not consider this squabbling 🙂 This is actually a really cool discussion with differences of opinion and new info’s..

January 23, 2019 11:49 pm
Reply to  Sam

There’s nothing wrong with a good debate amongst ntelligent people.

February 8, 2019 12:11 am

you know, i have been thinking about this more. Eris didn’t disrupt a party as such. She challenged the self image and perspective of the goddesses who happened to be at a party. They didn’t have to take up the challenge. But because they were vain and competitive, they did. They actually disrupted their own party by deciding to squabble over who was prettiest. In this way indeed, blaming Eris is unfair. She just knew which button to push and had nothing to lose (I think ‘nothing to lose’ might be a key phrase for Eris). Hell is persephone’s business,… Read more »

February 8, 2019 12:40 am
Reply to  Sam

To know which button to push is the role of the psychotherapist in many a way and does lead us to that point of having nothing to lose which therefore makes us fearless. Fearless individuals are not controlled by anyone and I think Eris is just that. A female who asks questions ie makes trouble and is fearless. It is a clarion call to all of us.

February 8, 2019 12:42 am
Reply to  emg

I also think her first name of Xena was also not far off the mark, Eris seems a touch more classy if you like.

February 10, 2019 10:29 am
Reply to  emg

EMG yes!! thank you for reading and responding… I can’t express how strongly I feel about this. I think your comment about fearlessness, and living beyond control, (re-framing “out of control” ) as a psychotherapeutic outcome is really important, via eris. maybe eris addresses this at a cultural / beliefs level Persephone is beheld to her circumstances – her mother struck a deal with her kidnapper (of course perseph is the one who had to actually live it and deal with the daily reality of the underworld) – in a way that Eris – the *perceived* outsider and stirrer –… Read more »

Hel
Hel
January 18, 2019 9:09 am
Reply to  Sam

In discordia concors. The harmony of/in disharmony. The chaos of life that we cannot understand ( from a limited perspective) but that has a harmony to it apparent to the gods/ sages.

January 18, 2019 4:32 pm
Reply to  Hel

Watching the world/situation in question tumble apart in chaos and saying/knowing, “this is as it should be”

Skarab
Skarab
January 18, 2019 11:12 pm
Reply to  Sam

Another fun fact about Eris (the dwarf planet) is that it is one of the most reflective bodies in the solar system – apparently reflecting back 96% of the light that hits it. This got me thinking about Eris (the mythical figure) and why she was never really welcomed at social events. My thought is that perhaps the gods loathed her because she was able to reflect back to them their own shortcomings/shadow selves – and who would be comfortable with someone like that around?

January 19, 2019 9:54 am
Reply to  Skarab

January 19, 2019 11:07 am
Reply to  Skarab
Saoirse Kirke
Saoirse Kirke
January 16, 2019 9:50 pm

Natal sun Venus Eris conjunction,feeling less victimy by the hour I once spoke of outer planet cock blocks, now I’m interested in what they look like making amends for what bs men have done in their names. With the age of reason over, and the internet like a vast field of the uninvited trying to decide if it’s all a hologram or if that’s just dear based conditioning, will those who did the underworld work just develop another lame power over others based scenario? I can’t imagine how it is that 60,000 years of homo sapiens and we still judge… Read more »

Jacqui
Jacqui
January 16, 2019 9:25 pm

Eris/Persephone is now conjunct my natal moon (voc). The Sun, Moon, South Node and Mercury and Juno/Venus and Lilith/Uranus look like their supporting this too on the 14th-ish Dec 2020. Mars is almost conj Eris too. Interesting time a comin!!

Jacqui
Jacqui
January 16, 2019 10:40 pm
Reply to  Jacqui

And…Jupiter Saturn

MissDee
MissDee
January 16, 2019 7:16 pm

This sounds exciting.
But if Eris is in Aries, wasn’t Uranus conjunct Eris when the MT movement started and not square?

MissDee
MissDee
January 16, 2019 9:18 pm

Didn’t me to nag, it’s my Virgo rising that spots these things 🙂

S
S
January 16, 2019 5:20 pm

This may explain why I decided to post online about the man that stalked me and his return. I’m beyond exhausted from the experience. No where to run except to try and reclaim aspects of my new friend sanity.
Thank you for this post MM.

baristagem
baristagem
January 16, 2019 4:23 pm

Amazing!

January 16, 2019 3:56 pm

Rahaf Al-Qunun has attracted my eye to her story over recent time. I was glad she landed in Canada, and not here. It was at the history of the burned girls, but only after seeing this piece of Judy Chicago’s powerful message at the end, that i shivered deeply.

Hellcat
Hellcat
January 16, 2019 3:18 pm

chills!

January 16, 2019 3:00 pm

Just reminds me of the dream I had many moons ago where I was Persephone. My bedroom was an old ruin of a small rock house. There was a metal bed, the ground was overgrown wild grass, climbing weeds and wild flowers. Snakes were on a ladder beckoning me to the UnderWorld. The overwhelming feeling in the dream was peace and quiet power won through conquering and transcending darkness. It was like I could visit both worlds and keep my peace and power. That’s how I gained my wisdom. The surreal, light and ethereal feeling of the dream was very… Read more »

January 16, 2019 2:42 pm

I am shivering. I think you all probably know exactly why two 13 yr old girls were abominably disrespected by the witch hunting elder men, and evidence screwed with (scientifically! By toutatis, by the rage of all the Goddesses!) before being utterly shredded, bodily and in reputation. O my goodness, we will let the disinfecting Light shine true. We will protect and hold each other firmly, lovingly NOW. Some of the women will have swords and fires, and some little ones will be curled up healing behind the circles of them. And every ring of the circles has the highest… Read more »

January 16, 2019 3:31 pm
Reply to  milleunanotte

Right now I feel like a little one curled up healing behind the circle of mothers and sisters. I don’t want to go out, I don’t want to talk in case I get into trouble. Silence and hiding away is my protection. Not very brave I know. I did have a dream a long time ago where I was one of many people who were to be burned. But I was on the outskirts of the massive burn and was saved by a male friend on a very small brown horse. The thing is I remember the village trial. But… Read more »

January 16, 2019 3:43 pm

allowing yourself to curl up IS VERY BRAVE. It means you will not renounce faith in a place, space and people who give you time to carve for yourself. holding fast to that faith is bravery, especially in the face of the propaganda that wants to undo the last things you have, by removing your right to peaceful rest and regeneration. that dream is real, and here you are xx

January 16, 2019 3:55 pm
Reply to  milleunanotte

And here I am. Thanks M you have just made my space more lovely.

Love x.

Jokerman
Jokerman
January 16, 2019 5:00 pm

MN is proof that there is fab people born on March 18!!!

South
South
January 16, 2019 5:21 pm
Reply to  milleunanotte

Hear hear!

January 16, 2019 6:09 pm
Reply to  South

Oh my I am so honoured to be in the presence of the Magic Pisces Trine.

Thanks millie. Jokerman and Gwendolyn.

Pin It on Pinterest