Jesus was probably not a Capricorn. Pisces makes more sense. Just think of the symbology; loaves, fishes, redemption, turning water to wine, barefoot or in sandals, a broad acquaintance, cryptic romance, Father issues, sacrifice, and redemption. Hello Pisces!
The olden day Christians just changed his birthday to bump off the far more popular Pagan celebration of Saturnalia. Or to over-shadow the Solstice deities; Mithras, Apollo, Vesta, Ishtar, Astarte and a host of others.
All the overlaying plus modern consumerist shills (buy more stuff or the whole economy goes to hell news stories) can be confusing. But Santa, at least, is straightforward.
He is definitely a Sagittarius. Proof? The signature Sagittarius traits are that they’re candid and beyond your judgment. They’re not good with fences or formality. They’re sometimes criticized for being feckless or rootless but they’re free-souls.
Check out these ways in which Santa adheres to the Sagittarius archetype:
- An early adopter of the Four Hour Work Week
– Santa lives and works on his own terms.
- The classic Sagittarius enjoys remote and wild places, away from cities and the onerous demands of formality.
– Santa lives at the North Pole, in a hut whose location is secret.
- Santa was working as an influencer
– (for the beverage known as Coke) well before that became mainstream.
- Unusual mode of transport
– like many Sagittarius nomads, Santa shuns mainstream travel methods. In his case, it’s an airborne sleigh. It’s classic, but also able to outrun planes, drones, and missiles.
- Prefers larger animals for pets
– Santa keeps reindeer!
– Santa’s whole identity is that he is laden down with gifts, always.
- Sagittarius people can like to talk in big breezy abstractions
– Santa’s assessments of people’s behavior is a basic “good” or “bad”.
- Socially Eccentric
– Santa will only come into houses via the chimney and even then only three days after the Solstice, once a year.
– Any host/hostess who has tried to pin down a Sagittarius – or ANY Mutable sign – to an event, will sigh with recognition at their disdain for convivial normality.
- A Bon Vivant
– Like the ruler of Sagittarius, Jupiter, of whom Santa is a kind of vulgarised version, he likes to project jollity and that he is a person of lusty appetites.
- Would rather snack on ‘left-out’ tipples and party food
– rather than slow down to eat a ‘real meal’.
- Enjoys costumes more than “normal” clothes
– Santa is not into streetwear; he likes the red, fake (I hope it’s not Polar Bear) fur-trimmed pantsuit with shiny black boots and he sticks to it.
- Has a hearty laugh
– Say what you want about Sagittarius people and their various foibles, they have Qi boosting laughs.
- Is apparently partnered but nobody ever sees the partner
– Instead, there are elves. They’re part “good friends” of Santa the Sagittarius – part minion/social secretary/diplomat.
Access Horoscopes, Insta-Tarot, Oracle & more
Join the thousands of happy Mega Mystic members, who are enjoying Mystic’s unique, modern and empowering take on the ancient art of horoscopes & all things Astrology. With an all-access membership