Is Retrograde Mars Career Hell Or Heaven? What if it is neither but rather an opportunity to re-tool? Circumstances will force you into sharpening blunt skills. And you may find that martian stoicism works better than diplomacy.
A lot has been said about not making big, important life changes during Mars Retro. I find myself in a sucker situation (or blessing in disguise?) that’s been going on unchanging since June. I have no job. And I am positively lost as to what it is that I should, could or want to do with my future career. It is such a bummer of a circumstance to stagnate in. Don’t get me wrong – as an honest Libra, I’m enjoying all the laziness I can get my hands on with a good enough excuse. But it’s starting to grate on my family and cause a healthy bit of anxiety for me too.
This airy, ill-defined (and protracted) failure to make up my mind is probably to be expected from a double Libra with her Moon in Aquarius. I do indeed feel like I’ve been floating on air, being completely divorced from reality. I seem to suddenly have lost any ability to lay out strategies or even just think career-related things through with any clarity. Any creative proclivities and powers are likewise gone with the wind this summer. I’ve been wondering if this means the Mars in Aqua has a particularly angry effect on the job/money/vocation-related facets of my chart? Either because of my Moon sign or because my birth Mars is in Libra? How should I best proceed over the retrograde? Throw more energy into the job-search or perhaps withhold it completely, lay low and ponder?
Existential Angst Is A Part Of The Process
So I have several suggestions re this. But first, i have noticed that every single time i have been compelled to lay low or been in an involuntary hiatus, that phase has been followed by a strong resurgence. It’s almost innate. And the questioning or existential angst is a part of the process. But practically, of course, this is no economy (Pluto + Saturn in Capricorn) to sit around lotus-eating, as pleasant as it might be if you surrendered to it.
* Yes – Mars Retrograde (until August 27) is a good time to re-tool and devise new tactics. If you and your family can hack this situation for a few more weeks, late August and early September are more optimal.
* Do read your Rising Sign + Moon Sign as well as the Sun Sign even in the Horoscopes.
* Don’t see this so much as a chance to enjoy astrologically sanctioned “laziness” – view it as an opportunity to explore more opportunities. Research everything. Do a coding workshop. Volunteer at a charity. Set some outrageous fitness goal. If the clarity is not there, it’s because the current terrain you’re in is arid for you. It yields nothing. Take some tangential action and your energy reboots. Then you get the strategy.
Nineteen Days To Initiate Operation Awesome
* Time like this is an asset – there is something you ARE meant to discover in this Mars Retrograde. I don’t know anything about your qualifications or interests but i think if you throw yourself into a Retro-Mars Schedule – really work at the re-tooling – something WILL come of it. And you have 19 days left to initiate Operation Awesome.
* If Mars is buzzing around near your Moon, you ARE restless and it is hard to feel chill about anything. But it’s also super-inventive and circuit breaking. As well, Lilith is now in Aquarius and squaring Uranus. So you don’t lack for rebel energy around the place.
Intuitively, i think you do have a talent or an attribute that you have already dismissed trying to make a career or a business out of for dubious ‘practical’ reasons or because your family would not support it. And so this is not really all about your work at all – it is about your family and those expectations. And that fits with the current Saturn-Chiron square for Libra, totally.
What does everything else think?
Image: Daniel Egneus