A Taurus Sun Gemini Moon Takes Her Ideal Trip

Taurus Sun Gemini Moon

The Perfect Trip For A Taurus Sun Gemini Moon Person.

Dear Mystic

Just listened to your retro Mars rant and am super excited.

In July I’m walking Brigid’s Way, a newly uncovered ancient pilgrim walk in Ireland, honoring the Irish goddess /Saint Brigid. Its thought to follow the Cygnus constellation, which was a prominent constellation in the skies in ancient times.

I’m Taurus Sun Gemini Moon and also have Gemini Rising.  I was secretly planning to use the walk to plot my Ph.D. application, which about Using Embodied Listening and Lucid Dreaming Practices in the Creative Process.

I’ve been fretting about spending the resources, worried about my fitness and a few dodgy joints. But thanks to your info and Mars energy I’m now confident it’s super do-able. Not only that,  that actually it is absolutely the perfect focus and timing for Mars retro!!!!

Thank you thank you thank you. Love your work.

Taurus Pilgrim Virgin

The Irish Goddess Brigid Has Links To Minerva, Vesta, and Isis

Dear Taurus Pilgrim Virgin,

Thank you! I love this on multiple levels.

Your pilgrimage is so optimal for Uranus in Taurus. And, yes Mars Retrograde also. But it is also a very Taurus Sun Gemini Moon thing to do. Why? Because Taurus is not one of the archetypal travel-loving signs, so any trip you take needs to be aligned to a spiritual quest. Or, to be fair, shopping. And Gemini Moon’s have to learn. So I imagine you would often have a conflict, with Taurus Sun wanting a cruiser-Queen kind of sun-lounger holiday and Gemini not willing to switch off the information flow.

This covers both factors! Taurus feels nurtured by the Goddess connection and history. Gemini gets to muse over the genius thesis. Read this post from the archives about the Intrepid Aries for radical inspiration.  Please put me on the list to be notified when the Ph.D. is public to read. I am obsessed with lucid dreaming and dreams in general, as you have probably surmised.

Brigid is fascinating – a goddess with links to Minerva, Vesta, and Isis, among others – but who was sanctified rather than demonized. Is this because the Christians could not stomp out the people’s worship of her so they tried to subsume her instead?

The Shield Of Brigid is still one of the most beautiful (and effective) invocations for help.

Every day, every night/That I praise the goddess
I know I shall be safe:/I shall not be chased,
I shall not be caught,/I shall not be harmed
Fire, sun and moon/Cannot burn me. Not
Lake nor stream nor sea/Can drown me.
Fairy Arrow cannot pierce me./I am safe, safe, safe,
Singing her praises.

What does everyone else think?

Image: Judith Shaw – this site also has epic info on the Celtic Goddess Brigid

Wish Upon a Star
Wish Upon a Star
June 7, 2019 5:38 pm

Oh wow. I’m a Gemini Sun and Taurus Moon.

I love any thing historical, spiritual connected with the UK. I happened upon this prayer some time ago when I bought a book of prayers.

I especially like the clash and sometimes melding of the old religion with Christianity.

Has the PhD been published?

Boogeywookiie
Boogeywookiie
June 23, 2018 2:38 pm

Thanks for the links and comments on Brigid – such a phenomenal and powerful force for good. Just today I came across this info

dark star
dark star
June 9, 2018 4:43 pm

LOL I chose St Brigid as my confirmation saint name without knowing her real identity. that subversive goddess life.
this Ph.D. project and walking journey sounds so rad! Good luck

Jokerman
Jokerman
June 9, 2018 1:03 pm

Mee Meep.

ashilack
ashilack
June 9, 2018 8:08 am

I LOVE that invocation. That is exactly what my Moon in Taurus needs at this time. I think I will recite it every night before sleep. Thank you.

LotusFlower
LotusFlower
June 8, 2018 7:48 pm

What a powerful invocation – thank you for sharing. Sometimes I really feel the need for protection – yes even from ‘fairy arrow’ or various nature spirits or entities. At times I don’t know that this isn’t a touch paranoid, but then I remember that whatever hesitation or gut feeling I have is there for a very good reason and I return to trust. I think I will be writing this one out to memorise. Thanks MM.

Shoshannah
Shoshannah
June 8, 2018 6:13 pm

This sounds wonderful, and so apt for your embodiment thesis. I made a st brigids cross out of sticks when I first moved here. I hadn’t lived more than 2 years in a single dwelling for the previous 10 years, and I’ve now been here 12, though it hasn’t been easy, she’s had to do a bit of work, but we are hanging in.

Electro
Electro
June 8, 2018 12:18 pm

This sounds perfect and reminds me of the recent tattoo post. In a week I’m traveling to the desert for the first time and following my Pluto line. Very curious on what the desert spirits have in store for me. Connecting to the Earth in this way feels very Uranus in Taurus. Keep us posted.

June 8, 2018 11:41 am

OMG I looooove this

astraeagold
astraeagold
June 8, 2018 11:31 am

love the Shield of Brigid

Caroline B
Caroline B
June 8, 2018 7:11 am

How beautiful and apt is the Shield of Brigid. Thanks for posting.

kriblack
kriblack
June 8, 2018 5:30 am

Adding this to my itinerary for the trip I’m planning. Thank you for posting this!

VirgoStellium
VirgoStellium
June 8, 2018 1:02 am

Oh it sounds so spectacular! I love Great Britain. My favoritest travel memory ever was visiting the Uffington White Horse. And I love Avebury, Stonehenge, Hadrian’s Wall and Glastonbury. I want to visit again, this time check out the Callanish Standing Stones in Scotland, and would love to visit Brigid’s Way too. Britain

MM, the Invocation is fabulous.

Hydrangearanger
Hydrangearanger
June 8, 2018 4:37 am
Reply to  VirgoStellium

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news VS, but the republic of Ireland isn’t in Great Britain (usually considered the island of Scotland, Wales and England!)… Or even the United Kingdom, although Northern Ireland is. Ireland is a lovely lovely part of the world though – hoping to go to Dublin this summer.

VirgoStellium
VirgoStellium
June 8, 2018 10:49 pm

Oh I see. Thank you for letting me know. I’ve never been to Ireland (or Wales). Only Scotland and England.

LotusFlower
LotusFlower
June 8, 2018 7:42 pm
Reply to  VirgoStellium

Oh I love Uffington white horse and Avebury – the others too but especially these too. I lived in a town near that white horse a while and one May eve some friends and I got the idea to drive up there – to the ancient Wayland’s Smithy actually – late late after a Beltane bacchanalia got busted. It was magical, obviously, and we met several other people with the same idea under the moonlight up there

VirgoStellium
VirgoStellium
June 8, 2018 10:48 pm
Reply to  LotusFlower

Wow!

surlatable
surlatable
June 7, 2018 11:24 pm

Proof. I was in Ireland two weeks ago and ended up walking to the well myself. The center near there,solas bhride, had a perfect transition Sister who was deeply comforting and dropped some knowledge before I labyrinth walked.

Joints will be joints,
The universe will get you round.

-just in Salzburg where I hung out with Fraulein Maria, my own personal childhood dream mom.

Love it.