How To Get Over A Break-Up Using Astrology
Break-Ups are super hard. I HATE THIS TRANSIT.
I am pretty sure you receive dozens of emails asking for help, especially with the Transition Zone in action, but I must ask you for help. It would be great if you could answer this on the blog, as your work has been such solace to me in these incredibly trying times.
The love of my life has just broken up with me because of a promise that he has made to stay with another. Nothing I say or do, nothing can change his mind. We had a whirlwind romance where neither one of us was expecting much of anything but now I am just stuck. Deep in love with a person I cannot have, a person who loves me deeply, too.
My Sun is in Cancer, with Ascendant in Scorpio and a Taurean Moon and his Mars, Venus conjuncts my Chiron exactly. He is a Leo Sun.
How do I get over this, Mystic? What if I don’t want to get over him – ever. Granted I am only in my 20’s but I feel so devastated. A little guidance, please?
Spurned Lunar Babe
Choose Your Astrological Break-Up Style
Dear Spurned Lunar Babe,
Break-ups always suck – even the ones that you instigate and for damned good reasons. But there is more of a sting when a perceived – okay, a real – rejection is involved. The brilliant news here is that astrology can definitely help you get over a break-up. So here are my suggested astrological fixes to help heal this situation. Choose which one aligns the most and good luck!
* Saturn Style – See this in a broad, sweeping perspective of vast tracts of time and life. Is this Leo logically going to be the “love of your life”? This “whirlwind romance” of yours with low expectations delivered as promised – not much of anything except his bullshit excuse. Where was his “promise to another” when the pheromones were flying, huh? #HimToo. Time to regain your footing post-whirlwind. Fuq him. Pity the poor woman he is promised to as chances are another little tornado will come along. Reap the wind or just more of his bullshit ‘deep’ patter.
* Chiron Style – You were meant to meet this guy to arouse your Chiron energies. This break-up is not hurting because he has made whatever choice he has made, it is hurting because it is bringing up an old complex from deep within your psyche. It was a remedial relationship and now it has done its work, it’s over. Figure out what the pain you are feeling is really about. What does it remind you of? That’s your vein of gold in this darkness.
Fuel For A Revenge Makeover
* Mars-Pluto Style – Easy for you with a Scorpio Rising. Use this as fuel for a Revenge Makeover. Channel the grief-rage-inferiority-vulnerability into martial arts, loving yourself back into full vitality with incredible nutrition, agility, Bikram, whatever. Who the fuq says spite can’t be epic motivation? And in fact, who the hell dumps you without regretting it? He will suffer the pangs of knowing he made an idiotic decision and you will go on to thrive. He will become an anecdote.
* Mercury Style – WHO? By the time you’re reading this you’ve already forgotten what this was about. You have APPS on your phone more interesting than thingie.
* Venus Style – Never mind the Leo. Holy Harlots, there is now an Aquarius, Adonis personified. You are almost in tears of lust infused gratitude that the Leo who “loved you deeply” could not express it via an actual relationship. You begin an epic albeit erratic romance with the Aquarius and the moment you cut the mental connection to Leo, he starts sending you stupid text messages. Guaranteed. You go away for a yoga retreat and experience immense chemistry with one of the instructors. This really IS like no rapport you have experienced before but then…
* Moon Style – the Lunar Wallow. Take to your bed, eat what you like, read over all his messages and protestations of deep love, fantasise, listen to sad love songs, goo-goo with animals and friends who will listen. When you feel better, take a bath, buy some new undies and go to an art gallery. Trust that your emotions will right themselves.
Turn Your Break-Up Into A Break-Out
* Neptune Style – Recognising that you don’t want to get over him because this is more like an addiction than a relationship. Dispel all denial and admit that you have a Love Zombie problem. You Twelve Step it, accepting that your compulsive yearnings for this man are unable to be managed and that you are projecting a vast array of spiritual emotions and mythical utopias onto an attraction or dalliance that is likely too flimsy to hold the intensity of your creative-psyche-cosmos-soul vibe. This is an opening to a spiritual awakening.
* Jupiter Style – you throw a party, go on a trip and/or sign up for a super-amazing course or series of lessons. Nobody breaks your stride and your personal resilience-immunity-natural high is reliant on being able to let things like this fall off you. Swimming, horse-riding, flinging yourself into some community work, dancing, super-fly new tunes.
* Uranus Style – You turn your break-up into a break-out. You radicalise. You read a book about how your gut is a garden and that the Vagus nerve can connect you to alien dimensions, order a high-end vibrator and some heirloom hemp seeds. Your dissertation on how the geopolitical implications of billion dollar business facial neurotoxins can cause emotional repression and require the need for tattooed on Joan Crawford-style eyebrows (because of micro-circulation issues) begins to take shape.
What does everyone else think?
Image: Frank Horvat
Access Horoscopes, Insta-Tarot, Oracle & more
Join the thousands of happy Mega Mystic members, who are enjoying Mystic’s unique, modern and empowering take on the ancient art of horoscopes & all things Astrology. With an all-access membership