What Happens At Uranus Opposition?

Uranus Opposition

What happens at Uranus Opposition?

Everything.

Whatever feels stifling and conventional is ripped off and tossed. Like a t-shirt with a faint grease spot on it suddenly spotted by Virgo Vision. Note: Everything feels suffocating and conventional at Uranus Opposition time.

Like the better known Saturn Return, this astral passage occurs to everyone at the same age.  Uranus opposes its natal position when the person is in their late 30s to early 40s.  It can feel like a cosmic alarm clock going off. Or one of those movies where the lead wakes up and realizes that they’re an alien. You remember your life mission. Hormones are going haywire – saying breed-run – stay and build – no, go East. West?  Your perceptions are acute. Deja Vu attacks common. The desire to disrupt your regime is incessant.

It’s Always Einstein Time During Uranus Opposition

The structures built at Saturn Return that felt SO necessary then can suddenly feel oppressive. The societal approval you desired – irrelevant. Uranus Opposition is the ultimate in existential crisis and the time when people are most likely to bust out in rebel mode. What you think of as your ‘natural element’ feels unnatural in an instance.  Unlike the slow deep chthonic grind of a Pluto trip or the Mists of Neptune, Uranus Opposition happens in spurts and abrupt zig-zags. It’s always Einstein Time during Uranus Opposition. You can dismantle scenarios that took years to construct in moments – or so it seems.

If you were born in the mid-70s you’re doing this now, and yes, Uranus Opposition at the same time it is moving into a new phase/sign (Uranus in Taurus) is super-Uranian.  Some people love Uranus Opposition – they feel like someone pulled the plug on their psyche and it reverted to ‘factory settings.’ They thrive like crazy.  Others find it too skittish. The secret of this astral passage? Freedom from needing tribal approval for your wellbeing. The more you can radically reinvent at this point, the more the cosmos comes to the party.

A strange Uranus Opposition Side Effect: If you’re resisting the whole deal, for whatever reason, Uranus Vibe tends to trot straight through your front door in the persona of a Mr or a Ms. Uranus. Bust your rut, or they’ll do it for you. Thoughts?

Image: Matt Wagner

5 2 votes

Cort
Cort
April 6, 2018 4:36 pm

IS Uranus Opposition another way to say Mid-Life Crisis?

Algol
Algol
March 30, 2018 6:21 am

I’m blown away, and so encouraged by finding your site, and your style and imagery. I’ve done a lot of serious study of my own chart, but after a stale period, recently had a kind of awakening around my Sun being exactly conjunct Algol (12th House), which occurred around some synchronicitous though shadowy exchanges with a woman I fell for, which had medusan mythology to them. This sent me on a rampage of new study and searching, so finding your site, with positive, powerful expressions of the medusa and also Uranian ideas is equally mind blowing to me. Your discussion… Read more »

lc
lc
March 29, 2018 4:08 pm

I’m not very good at interpreting my chart cause I’m a newbie to Astro. But I just realized after reading this .. fuq … I’ve had Uranus opposition since it got to Aries. Aries Sun with natal Uranus in Libra. I think that’s how it works?!? This has been one of the toughest cycles ever. Like skin being peeled away.

Electro
Electro
March 29, 2018 1:54 pm

I’m completely convinced that it’s going to be a rebirth of personae for myself. Born 7 Scorp Uranus on my AC, sorry I feel repetitive here but it’s the big attraction in my chart. Next up, busting through my 7H and activating my t-square. Still a big away but I can feel it coming closer. Working on letting go, acceptance, movement, being open, saying yes. Fine tooth combing those ingrained habits and getting those knots free so I can conduit the energy. Some things feel more solid and real than they ever have and other things feel like rot that… Read more »

dark star
dark star
March 29, 2018 12:24 pm

I’m resonating with this way more that the apocryphal Saturn return that everyone describes…I don’t rly care what my peers are doing I want to be totally myself!
But maybe that’s par for the course when your Uranus is conj sat + Nep natally. So my bald spot red convertible is some travel and a job liberation plot but with funds and a cleared subconscious

MissDee
MissDee
March 29, 2018 2:33 am

I am with @Chrysalis here: I don’t remember anything particular. The crash was Uranus entering Aries in 2011, and then again 2013: but when it opposed my Uranus in Libra actually (april / may 2014) things started to fall into the right places. Not the “freedom at all costs” places but I got a job again and a wage. It was Uranus on my 8h house though; I read somewhere that Uranus in your 8th, not matter your age, is a “coming of age” from the psychological point of view and boy that DOES FIT 100% what happened then. I… Read more »

March 28, 2018 9:15 pm

My Uranus opposition came just as it struck the ASC so I got divorced and started what I thought was my new life only to be up ended and broken into bits and then spend the next years up until now figuring it all out. It has been base survival stuff since it all happened but this month has taken a complete turn about and I am looking at the next section of my life beginning a new. Please gods please gods please gods.

Chrysalis
Chrysalis
March 28, 2018 11:43 am

Mine was during the Uranus in Pisces years. I really don’t remember anything disruptive or significant – I was studying, working part time and enjoying life. However looking back I think that was the time I learned for the first time in my life about unconditional love – from my wonderful rescue dogs. I’d never had pets before and those two taught me so much. My guardian angel blind Pisces dog was a gift from the heavens. It was when she passed that the wheels began to fall off the marriage.

Chrysalis
Chrysalis
March 28, 2018 11:44 am
Reply to  Chrysalis

Also, off topic but is it just my computer during Merc retro or are the comments now in the opposite order – more recent ones at the top??

March 28, 2018 12:03 pm
Reply to  Chrysalis

Recent at top now.

March 28, 2018 12:04 pm
Reply to  Chrysalis

It’s happening to me as well – so maybe it’s deliberate? Is MM testing us with some sort of retro-Merc-Uranian-tech experiment?
It’s actually quite handy to just read the latest comment first without having to scroll down. And if you’re late to the party you don’t feel left out.

Alouetta
Alouetta
March 28, 2018 10:27 pm
Reply to  Chrysalis

Yes it is. I like it!

Lili
Lili
March 28, 2018 8:10 am

My MIL had her Uranus Return six -seven years ago when was widowed and freed of an old world spouse. Now near she lives alone plays canasta, drives, cooks, has great health. Her second marriage was indentured servitude and she is now free as a bird.

She is an early Virgo Sun and lost many peers with the Neptune opp.

jojo
jojo
March 28, 2018 7:12 am

I can totally relate to this Mystic. Thank you so much for this post. I thought I was having a midlife crisis. But Uranus Return is exactly me, along with Saturn in Sag recently in my relationship sector. What a transformative period! I can’t believe the turn of events in my life in recent years.

gogengo
gogengo
March 28, 2018 5:46 am

I currently have Uranus trining my Leo Ascendent – for lack of better words, I feel fucked up + crazy restless.

Trying not to resist the changes but Toro sun wants to hold on soooo badly –

A_J_
A_J_
March 28, 2018 4:42 am

I have Mercury Uranus AC in Scorpio. I always say I’m Uranus’ bitch. That god owns me…I am compelled sometimes to say provocative things just to stir the pot/kick the hornet’s nest/get a rise out of folks/make them think or re-think.

I can’t imagine becoming more Uranian with this transit! If anyone can provide insight into how to manage this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

March 28, 2018 6:18 am
Reply to  A_J_

Speaking as a fellow Uraniac, I think it’s to do more with what Uranus will do to YOU/your life, rather than you becoming more of a Uraniac. Also i believe that if you are already Uranus’ biatch then you’ll probably be more equipped to survive whatever it throws at you… just stay flexible & keep your sense of humour.

A_J_
A_J_
March 28, 2018 7:01 am
Reply to  Skarab

Thanks skarab! He’ll be going into my 6H, where I have Chiron in Toro at 10 degrees…eventually crossing into my 7H…so…daily work habits, the grind, the job, diet/nutrition/exercise…then relationships/open enemies.

The Chiron part makes me nervous. Life is already challenging these days, with T Saturn squaring my Moon at 10 degrees Aries.

March 28, 2018 8:10 am
Reply to  A_J_

If it’s any consolation, Uranus went over my partner’s Chiron (opposite his natal Uranus-Pluto-Venus) without as much as a discernible ruffle, at least i don’t recall it as such – it was yrs ago. But perhaps it manifested to him as a genius flash/artistic insight as he was fiendishly working on a fabulous art project at the time. So you know, it’s not always a crazy outward shake-up no holds barred time like it was for me.
(But Sat sq Moon…yuk)

A_J_
A_J_
March 28, 2018 10:37 am
Reply to  Skarab

Fabulous art project sounds awesome! Nice!

Yeah, this transit has me microdosing, reading “Becoming Supernatural,” by Dr. Joe DiSpenza, and vetoing pointless hook-ups with fuckboys.

March 28, 2018 11:44 am
Reply to  A_J_

micro dosing sounds tres Uranian& lol, lose the fuckboys…. i’m putting that book on my list. Thanks.

Secret Sagg
Secret Sagg
March 28, 2018 11:57 pm
Reply to  A_J_

Fellow Uranian here, with Uranus conjunct my Libran ASC. After living through my own Uranus opposition, the only advice I can give you is keep dancing to the beat of your own drum, and if you can’t hear it, clap your hands instead. At least yours won’t happen during peak Zap Zone, with Uncle Pluto loitering around your IC like a belligerent old tomcat in on the threshold of your front door, deciding whether to stay out or come in.

A'NLEIFR
A'NLEIFR
March 28, 2018 4:37 am

Is this what sparks “midlife crisis” in people or is that another position somewhere in another age range?

March 28, 2018 9:25 am
Reply to  A'NLEIFR

Yes. Traditionally(?) We’re exposed to the balding bloke who buys the red sports car and takes off with the nanny / Secretary etc. In society/culture there hasn’t really been a space allocated to mid-life women for their own experiences, regardless of how clichéd those may also be! But perhaps that is changing. Interestingly, going with that dominant cultural model, I suppose becoming a single mother / divorcée was also an exercise in independence. That isn’t meant to sound as stuffy as it might. My parents finally split when my mother and father were 43, he was having an affair (one… Read more »

March 28, 2018 11:09 am
Reply to  A'NLEIFR

This woman Lara Owens is fab. She is a *menstrual activist* and describes the different stages of midlife crises for women & has written a book called “Her Blood Is Gold”. She also includes the different astrology markers of the different midlife crises.

flowerchild
flowerchild
March 28, 2018 12:39 pm
Reply to  Skarab

Ooooh! Thanks for this link, skarab! Very helpful, as I am sometimes gracefully and definitely sometimes not gracefully transitioning into my midlife here at 50, although no menopause in sight yet, I’m feeling a mental shift and want to do it more mindfully. I thought I’d feel ‘midlife-y’ in my 40’s but looking back I didn’t at all. It’s really starting now…

Chrysalis
Chrysalis
March 28, 2018 4:07 pm
Reply to  Skarab

Thank you for this, skarab, I will check her out. I am deep in menopause hell at the moment and am actually shocked at how silent our culture is about it, not to mention the complete lack of options medically for certain things.

Pi
Pi
March 28, 2018 4:54 pm
Reply to  Chrysalis

i think if the West was less shit about the concept of ageing generally, we’d do better at this.

flowerchild
flowerchild
March 29, 2018 5:51 am
Reply to  Pi

Fully agreed, Pi! Chrysalis – In Chinese medicine this time period is called Second Spring, and there’s actually a book by that name that gives some holistic ways of handling menopausal time. There’s so much we can do to ease symptoms. I’m doing it pre-emptively by getting acupuncture, myself, and I’m taking some Motherwort at night to help with anxiety and it helps me wake up happier. I think the main thing I notice for myself, so far, is that I’ve been more and more irritable as I’ve gotten older, really impatient, and the acupuncture and herbal medicine has helped… Read more »

March 28, 2018 6:08 pm
Reply to  Skarab

Wow. I said the other day about regretfully not knowing about Pluto going into Cap in 2008. Dbl wammy for me being Dbl Kat. But reading this makes me think l wished l knew, what l know now, in my early 30s. But you can’t retro-live ya life. I’ve always struggled with self-esteem (low Kat, Virgo n Scorp stuff). I’ve always put others before me. I feel like like I’ve lived the dark-side of the Outre Planet being. All 3 rate off the [my] chart, no pun intended, and I’ve been hit from pillar to post. 3rd Decan Libran Pluto… Read more »

S
S
March 28, 2018 8:12 pm
Reply to  Jokerman

No Women No Cry.

I was watching Think Tank tonight and the question was what Neil Young song is the name of an Aussie band….I had a smile on my dial, a little nod from the synchronous world we live in.

A lot of mercurial communication flying all over the place.

March 28, 2018 9:03 pm
Reply to  Jokerman

You have to turn your thinking around Pf….i know, i know.. easier said..Coz you also have a vast number of trines & sextiles to MC & Saturn (no less)… & Aqua Moon to NN gold. Study them, use them. Maybe get some help. You can turn all that early childhood shit to gold instead of falling back on to it … think Billy Connolly. And don’t give me lip about this – just because i haven’t been too explicit about my own earlier yrs, doesn’t mean i haven’t been in a similar position to you. Look at LV – she… Read more »

A'NLEIFR
A'NLEIFR
March 29, 2018 3:26 am
Reply to  Jokerman

Powderfinger, Pluto will be in Cap until 2024! It is very LONG and it is ONCE IN A LIFETIME for some, for others it NEVER HAPPENS!

March 29, 2018 7:05 am
Reply to  A'NLEIFR

My 27° Sun can’t wait. When Pluto went SD (8°59′) on my 8°53′ Dsc was the worst day of my adult life (20/9/13). Difference now is l can interact with sky. But l don’t always get that right…ha ha

March 28, 2018 10:28 pm
Reply to  Skarab

Yes to what you said. I’m largely digesting all this latest round of shit (child abuse allegations that have prevented me from getting work anywhere). I’ve staved off debt collectors and the credit card ppl threatening me with proceedings. And l feel it very gutturally, very centrally, to be accused of child bashing when l came from being bashed senseless myself. I’ve been trouble for tackling one kid who was beating the shit out of another whilst the gutless principal and deputy stood by saying “Boys, please stop” in the limpest fashion possible. Fuq, of course l feel the offense.… Read more »

March 29, 2018 12:10 am
Reply to  Jokerman

No i don’t have your chart, but i do know your birthday coz you’ve said it on here & i worked out the rest from your own info on degrees & such. I should really be Scorp Rising i think & not a Libra. I’m so glad you are seeing a psychol & yeah – there’s a fine balance between keeping it in & wallowing…i know from my own experience. & please, please, pleeeeaze, don’t get me wrong, i think you letting it out here has taught us all a great deal & still does & it’s just fantastic that… Read more »

scorpiodawn
scorpiodawn
March 29, 2018 1:09 am
Reply to  Skarab

LOVE lara owen!

A'NLEIFR
A'NLEIFR
March 28, 2018 4:27 am

Wow, I didn’t know about this! 39 here, born in 1978.

garland
garland
March 28, 2018 4:12 am

This happened to me right around when Uranus went into Aries. And I’m an Aries. Interesting times to say the least.

DevotedGem
DevotedGem
March 28, 2018 3:10 am

Mine just finished its final pass and is about 3 degrees off. Full into Saturn Opposition now. Since I have Venus/Chiron oppo Uranus natally, the opposition also included a Uranus/Venus conjunction. I’m already pretty fiercely independent. I wasn’t in a relationship during the time, although I was in love with a man who had Uranus conjunct his DC – we had an unconventional, lovely connection, but I thought I wanted the whole enchilada, so I suffered. As Uranus moved away, the obsession with him has finally faded. Learned a lot about what love really is – ie it’s not about… Read more »

DevotedGem
DevotedGem
March 28, 2018 3:38 am
Reply to  DevotedGem

Oh, I also had my very first art show, did well, and then promptly decided I never want to do that again. But really what I need to do is Saturn (maybe Pluto?) up my container so that I’m not so… awkward/nice (exhausting) with people. Just be like, this is what it is, and stand in my center with it. Be able to say yes and no.

March 28, 2018 3:05 am

“The structures built at Saturn Return that felt SO necessary then can suddenly feel oppressive. The societal approval you desired – irrelevant.” God, yes. It took me 9 yrs after my Saturn Return (tr.Uranus was also conjunct saturn,btw) of continual study, hard slog & tears in a foreign country to reach my goal of setting up my own healing practice. This, in one of the worlds toughest capitals, where just survival is hard enough if you are not rich. Plus i obtained success & recognition – which tickled my 10th h stellium no end. I was *there*. I’m writing this… Read more »

March 28, 2018 4:08 am
Reply to  Skarab

My Uran half-life was March and July 1999 and January 2000. Its 7H, 2° off the the 8th. (I must get a computer based and a hard copy ephemera or whatever its called.) I lost a case against a man who cut me of on my push bike. It was my lawyer’s ineptitude. I was clearly wronged but the law is an ass. The other guy’s lawyers tried to send me a damages and costs bill. $20,000 +. I quoted Bob n Bruce to them. I reminded them that they were arseholes for winning a case where the offending man… Read more »

March 28, 2018 5:47 am
Reply to  Jokerman

you’re just one big living uranus transit, Pf. X

March 28, 2018 9:55 am
Reply to  Jokerman

Powderfinger, I’m looking forward to reading your next edition of anecdotes where you are the joyful protagonist rather than a powerless nobody at the hands of a leviathan Other. I hope that this exercise in experiencing your own power and freedom directed by your self, rather than triggered by outside experiences, arrives with your choices as Uranus kicks over your MC. You hold the keys, you choose the channel. That neptune on IC can also bring you some new dreams about origins and destinations, and who is in the drivers seat. Pi xx

March 28, 2018 10:43 am
Reply to  Sam

Naturally, as is the case with all advice, I am looking in the mirror as I say this

March 28, 2018 12:06 pm
Reply to  Sam

I understand. You deal with a bit of a difficult wheel too. Its why l say l was born on probation. I work hard and get shit thrown at me. All l can do is take a shower and do me best. I sus the same with you.

March 28, 2018 12:07 pm
Reply to  Jokerman

Ha. And my erstwhile Pisces just sent me a message.

March 28, 2018 11:55 am
Reply to  Sam

Dunno what l could’ve done differently with that case or the one l’m dealing with now? Like the case l won against the iniquitous debt from the dept. In that one l only did what l could. I won it but l take no credit, for even tho l fought it for 3.5 years, it could of so easily gone the other way.

If it sounds like a shit story, it’s because itsa shit story. I deal with 5 T Squares. Sometimes well, sometimes not.

“Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.” J Lennon

LiberatingVenus
LiberatingVenus
March 28, 2018 12:13 am

I’ve found people tend to either love or hate their Uranus Opposition – it really depends on how well they’ve developed their natal Uranus. If they’re fully individuated, have a healthy level of independence, their own social lives, and a good relationship with change, the Uranus Opposition tends *not* to be experienced as upsettingly disruptive although it may indeed put one in contact with a person or even group who changes them quite markedly. If one is in a LTR at this time – and especially if it’s with someone their own age who is also going through this transit… Read more »

12th House Virgo
12th House Virgo
March 28, 2018 2:37 am

I agree. My friend calls me “radically self-reliant”. Just got through my Uranus opposition (2 degrees off now – is that still active?) and I can’t say I noticed it. Chiron has been tangoing on my DC for awhile now and self-worth themes have come up. If anything, I suppose Uranus made it clear standing my ground, however humble, was the way through the Chiron swamp. Can’t imagine it going another way. Can say integrity is a great way to work. My values aren’t right or wrong but they’re mine and it’s all I’ve got to live by.

March 28, 2018 3:41 am

Yes to all of this…esp “the Quantum Leap, like the Fool in the Tarot”.

Also truly humbling in every sense – at least that was my experience of it. Yes it’s great to be in control and achieve goals that stroke the ego, but the Uranus experience takes one further – it can give one a peek into the Great Divine, and it is *humbling* – that is all i can describe it as.

March 28, 2018 9:41 am

Uranian transits are like taking a light-sabre to our attachments. While such experiences are probably experienced better if we’re more Droid than Human (given that healthy attachment forming is what allows us to flourish as human beings in complex social structures), that ultra high humanity vibe is where we can really let others and ourselves be who we each are. Without trying to force each other to be something we’re not! I feel like Uranus over my sun and mc and square Moon etc etc prepared the ground, I have a feeling about how the opposition might enact itself but… Read more »

VirgoStellium
VirgoStellium
March 27, 2018 11:47 pm

Oh dear. Mine should be coming up.

Aqua-cap-Gemini
Aqua-cap-Gemini
March 27, 2018 11:20 pm

I’m looking at transit Jupiter within conjunction orb of natal Uranus. And just when I was feeling comfortable! Psyche is already there 😉

Calli G
Calli G
March 27, 2018 9:55 pm

At 37 Mom started dying of ovarian cancer and was gone in two years. By 42 Dad had died of lymphoma. Yeah, not the biggest fan of Uranus opposition, but it definitely was a life changer.

Calli G
Calli G
March 27, 2018 9:56 pm
Reply to  Calli G

When I was 37 and 42, to clarify. Mom saw most of her 70sand Dad his early 80s.

Alouetta
Alouetta
March 27, 2018 7:43 pm

I’m doing this now. Marriage all but legally dissolved in the last 6 months, about to enter a new period of unstable but exciting work, am learning that I actually love hanging out with me, and am about to merge households with a creative friend. There is so much to do and be and I seem to be over the scary hump (hope I didn’t just jinx myself) and in the full swing of loving not knowing what’s around the corner. I am yet to have sex with someone inappropriately young but here’s hoping.

SheRat
SheRat
March 27, 2018 6:45 pm

Um. YES LOL. Couple it with a Pluto Square and the whole thing becomes QUITE the fuqing party. I don’t think I resisted–but I’m thinking there may have been a Mr. Uranus…and THAT not in a good way (though I met him on the internet, on/through a board where his actual screen name was Pluto–NO JOKE).

I have been thinking along the lines of factory settings lately. I’m gonna use that metaphor from now on. I *like* my factory settings. Thank you, Mystic!

Scorpio_Rising
Scorpio_Rising
March 28, 2018 2:24 am
Reply to  SheRat

Factory Re-set, I dig it too. Removal of all things unnecessary back to the basics.

NinthHouse
NinthHouse
March 27, 2018 6:36 pm

This sounds fun!

Plum
Plum
March 27, 2018 6:17 pm

Funny, I was thinking not all that much had happened, then realised I swapped stable for serial employment, shuffled my friendships and even had the clichéd affair with someone unsuitably young. It mostly felt like a soft, fresh breeze, but I’m Uranian at heart.

Plum
Plum
March 27, 2018 7:05 pm
Reply to  Plum

Or that’s how it seems now, as I reach the tail end. No doubt it felt more dramatic at times. And as I’ve said elsewhere, I am undeniably an older iteration of myself. The Saturn opposition comes along to point that out.

Alouetta
Alouetta
March 27, 2018 7:33 pm
Reply to  Plum

The way you describe it it sounds kind of fun.

Leo on the Rise
Leo on the Rise
March 27, 2018 7:58 pm
Reply to  Plum

Yeah don’t it just……
Looking forward to getting me some mischief 🙂

scorpiodawn
scorpiodawn
March 27, 2018 5:28 pm

yayyy this is me me me…resisting recovery of all things…staying sober but all the meetings?… hope i havent fallen out with my sponsor,,,some people do it on their own…hipsobriety lady weee….we will see…..

Mt. Kilimanjaro
Mt. Kilimanjaro
March 27, 2018 4:22 pm

Thanks so much for writing this, MM.

Ale
Ale
March 27, 2018 3:48 pm

Wait, I am a saggitarius sun/Virgo moon/ cancer ascendant with Saturn in my first and just finished my Saturn return. I like the structure that I got out of it. Is the Uranus opposition the reason my Saturn structure has got so wobbly?

vikingwoman
vikingwoman
March 27, 2018 9:57 pm
Reply to  Ale

If you just finished your Saturn return likely you won’t have your Uranus opposition for a few years.

Ale
Ale
March 27, 2018 11:43 pm
Reply to  vikingwoman

Oh thank God! This does not sound like fun

LibraLilith
LibraLilith
March 27, 2018 3:19 pm

Oh yeah, had mine in 2015, Pluto coming to square at same time. Completely reinvented/found myself again. Lost two stone, started listening to music again, got fit – all inspired by being sent on a one week work course that makes you look at your whole life, values etc. Met and fell in love with someone from work on that same week. Life reset. I’m a different person to my pre-uranian self but it feels like I’m the me I’m meant to be if that makes sense. Honestly I’m a little worried about losing that as Pluto and Uranus both… Read more »

flowerchild
flowerchild
March 27, 2018 3:16 pm

I’m 50 now, have natal Uranus at 28 Virgo in the 4th, but when the opposition was happening I guess I did break out of my mould in a bunch of ways — In 2009, I got rid of most of what I ever owned, including my car, and moved to England from California and lived with the hare krisnas for awhile. Found that quite stifling, hung around England awhile longer then moved back to California, was homeless for 10 months, then started a very intense job in public health that stretched me in ways I never could have imagined… Read more »

Scorpio_Rising
Scorpio_Rising
March 28, 2018 2:26 am
Reply to  flowerchild

sounds like a grand adventure traveling to England and back.

flowerchild
flowerchild
March 28, 2018 5:14 am
Reply to  Scorpio_Rising

Yes, it was a grand adventure, but this time period is now still adversely affecting me, financially.
I feel like this time period won’t ‘complete’ until I’m able to get out of this financial hole I’m in.
Perhaps Uranus moving into Taurus will help..?

Laura
Laura
March 27, 2018 1:48 pm

Oh lawd, yes. I’ve discussed this with you before, Mystic. Uranus opposition on my IC changed EVERYTHING (natal Uranus on my Sun/MC). Like my whole home life got blown up and violent, anxiety disorder mayhem ensued. It’s not over yet either, not until it finally crosses over into my 5th house (around 4 Taurus). I wonder what will get zapped then? Hopefully I can kick my creative life into gear by then, lol. I’m still picking up the pieces from the tornado that was Uranus opposition in my 4th.

baristagem
baristagem
March 27, 2018 1:25 pm

Is it Uranus Opposition that precipitates a midlife crisis?

March 27, 2018 1:38 pm
Reply to  baristagem

baristagem
baristagem
March 27, 2018 5:28 pm
Reply to  Jokerman

Interesting!

March 27, 2018 5:48 pm
Reply to  Jokerman

I think the 2nd Nodal Return is a precursor to the Uran half-life. Ages 37 and 42 do seem to be linked esp in popular writing. I started uni when l was 36 …something l swore never do…Itchycoo Park n all. I got my permanancy in teaching at 42. It felt like some out-of-the-blue calling. My half-life started anew. It was in my 8th. Yet everybody else knew l should’ve been a teacher…except me. But nagging at my psyche was l was serving everyone else (Dbl Kat with personal planets in a Virgo Stellium turboed by Pluto). I was a… Read more »

baristagem
baristagem
March 28, 2018 1:51 pm
Reply to  Jokerman

Wow! So what did you do before you became a teacher?

I love that people around you already knew you should be a teacher

March 28, 2018 2:23 pm
Reply to  baristagem

I was a, and am again, motor trimmer (car uphosterer).

I’m learning to swap between the Surfboard of Neptune, the Ducati of Pluto and Voyager of Uranus.

baristagem
baristagem
March 28, 2018 3:28 pm
Reply to  Jokerman

that’s quite the career change!

btw don’t forget to let go

MightyShell
MightyShell
March 27, 2018 1:12 pm

But… but… I’m trying to come to terms with Saturn on my Sun (exact yesterday). How does one build, fortify and make solid plans for the future if I’m about to have a Uranus opposition? Oh, and Pluto is bang on my natal Venus too, just to add some more confusion to the mix. I don’t know what instincts to follow at the moment because they all seem to change daily. I feel like massive, life-altering change is coming but I’ve never been so unsure of ‘who’ I’m meant to be so don’t know how to approach any of it.… Read more »

Pi
Pi
March 27, 2018 4:37 pm
Reply to  MightyShell

perhaps choose to meditate daily or do a weekly sesh for clarity. sun-saturn will appreciate the focus time. my experience of saturn conj sun was that i worked very hard. it was a ‘demands of the work here-and-now’ thing, not a planning thing. so change what you want, and know that you’ll have the drive to do a shitload of work to see that change through. note some ways to manage psyche burnout too.

MightyShell
MightyShell
March 28, 2018 12:36 am
Reply to  Pi

Yes, I need to keep my mind calm and focused so meditation is definitely something I want to improve on. I’ve noticed I’m journalling a lot more, writing everything out. I think that’s probably a healthy way to deal with all this astro, especially considering my Sun is in my 3rd 😉

Redsonya
Redsonya
March 27, 2018 1:07 pm

I am going through this right now. I bought my “dream house” in 2010 and am now looking around asking myself what the hell I was thinking. I can’t decide whether to move or just revamp the whole place. Dumped a ton of friends that weren’t me anymore, really appreciating the friends that still around, and finally found a happy medium with some family since I don’t care what anyone thinks or says about me. I kind of feel like I am on a cliff and I’ll be soaring off it soon in full flight mode. I love it!

Alouetta
Alouetta
March 27, 2018 10:32 pm
Reply to  Redsonya

Revamp! Put a couch like this in every room https://goo.gl/images/YnmV8L

Nan
Nan
March 27, 2018 12:54 pm

Makes sense, I’m now entering my mid 50’s and approximately ten years ago I sold everything to move out West (American Southwest) to work in a National Park. It’s a nice back yard.

Nan
Nan
March 27, 2018 12:55 pm
Reply to  Nan

I wonder what’s next as now I long for a home base….to be continued

Calli G
Calli G
March 27, 2018 9:56 pm
Reply to  Nan

Cool! I hope you find a home base that’s as wonderful.

Alouetta
Alouetta
March 27, 2018 10:36 pm
Reply to  Nan

What a good choice to make!