This is for those Mega Mystic peeps who missed the email or prefer to read things in a browser. And of course, for if you would like to discuss your Eclipse intentions with fellow Mega Mystical people!
As you may be aware, January 31 is a Full Moon Eclipse in Leo.
While I am not normally a ceremonial kind of a person, this particular lunar event lends itself to ritual and art. It is exactly on the North Node of the Moon aligned with Ceres and with Venus/Sappho on the South Node. The South Node represents the past or past lives and the North Node your ideal path in ‘this’ life.
This makes it one of the most potent portals of the year – arguably of the decade – to wipe clean past patterns and flamboyantly declare your future reign.
Below (in blue) is the take from my druid as an FYI and (in orange) the exact times it is manifesting. With this Full Moon Eclipse, the closer to the exact time you do your ritual the better.
These are my thoughts on Eclipse Ritual Concepts – take any that resonate and ignore what does not.
* Before you begin your ritual, do a digital detox of all phone numbers, social media presences and emails of people/entities or things representing them from your tech realm. This is to align with the Venus in Aquarius on the South Node end of things. If you’re an Eclipse purist, get rid of certain music that you connect with a person or a time that has had its day.
* Get Sky-Clad – aka naked. Before you roll your eyes, this is not just some pervy concept gleaned from pulp occult novels of the Seventies. The idea is that the connection between you and Source/Spirit is not impeded by clothes/vibes etc. Alternatively, wear something new, that you have literally never never worn before. For example a kaftan. Or even just a big t-shirt. But seriously, naked is epic for this.
* Play NO music – have white noise (easy to grab on line via You Tube etc), pure Schumann Resonance with no music on top or a storm track with underlying Theta or Gamma binaural beats.
Spotify has heaps also.
* You will be creating a protective circle of salt around yourself – this is old-school but it works. Obviously make sure that this a time when you will not – cannot – be disturbed. You will be lighting incense – frankincense is excellent if you can get it – and a candle – gold-yellow is excellent but the real point is the flame.
* Beforehand, for clarity, consider drinking a Tulsi tea – Holy Basil – as you write a list of grievances, regrets and resentments that you are willing to release. Then work what you desire/intend into one epic mantra or request. Make it as simple and eloquent as possible. If you know your astrology chart, you could theme it around the sectors where you have 11 Aquarius and 11 Leo.
* Do a quiet meditation to get centred and to give thanks for all that you appreciate in your realm. Ask aloud for the help of (your higher power, guide, angel, spirit) or actually Venus as she is aligned with the South Node on this Eclipse to aid you in releasing what you want gone from your realm now. Read your list aloud as you let the candle burn it away.
* Think on that for a few moments and then, after three huge cleansing breaths, ask for the aid of the Sun/Ceres (Ceres is on the North Node) or whatever deity/angel you feel aligned to for help in manifesting your true desires now. Say the mantra – if you can manage it to be a very bold Leo type declaration – “I now declare…” then all the better. Sit with that for as long as you want. Remember, you are sitting in a circle so this can wind down into a meditation. Option: If you are a yogi, the Surya Mudra would suit this ritual, as it is invoking the Sun/Fire.
* Finish however and whenever you like but don’t say anything else after your ritual intent setting/mantra/declaration. Option: you can bow or nod to each corner of the compass to honour the East, the West, the North, the South. Consider also a shower with a salt scrub and anointing yourself with a citrus blend natural oil. I like – for this sort of thing – the Aesop oil called Breathless as it smells like Blood Orange but any citrus zing with zero synthetics will work. If this Eclipse falls for you at a time when you can go straight to sleep afterwards, remember to have a pen and paper by your bed to record the beautiful dreams in the morning. If you have a busy day ahead, keep the mantra in mind as you go about your business, perhaps write it down several times, to sort of seal it in the cognitive process.
Ritual is an opportunity to engage with the unseen energies of the universe. It’s our chance to petition the beneficent good spirits or spirit in general or the gods and goddess, to help and empower us mere mortals. When the big issues in life, seem too much to overcome or achieve, we humbly ask spirit via ritual to intervene, to help us.
Ritual often involves the giving over to spirit of a token gift; we give something before we ask for something. Be that, incense, sacred into oils to the fire or just the giving of water. In my rituals I always involve and call in the subtle elements and elementals of Earth, Air, Fir and Water to create a sacred place and sacred time. In a full moon ritual I may tend to focus on the element of water.
Water is the companion to the moon, it captures the essence of the moon, we see the moon reflected in the water, and the feminine water may hold the energy of the feminine moon and our sacred intentions. The full moon, is the moon at its ripest and most powerful, the energies of light fully come forth into the dark. The full moon rises at the exact same time as the sun sets, this liminal time of twilight which is between day and night is seen as a doorway to the other worlds, a portal in time, so a great & poignant time to do ritual.
From my Druid – Anthony Ashworth
FULL MOON ECLIPSE @11 LEO
LOS ANGELES – Wednesday – 05.27
NEW YORK – Wednesday 31 Jan – 08.27
LONDON – Wednesday 31 Jan – 13.27
DUBAI – Wednesday 31 Jan – 17.27
HONG KONG – Wednesday 31 Jan – 21.27
SYDNEY – Thursday 1 Feb – 00.27
AUCKLAND – Thursday 1 Feb – 02.27
Image: Fiona Hsieh
Access Horoscopes, Insta-Tarot, Oracle & more
Join the thousands of happy Mega Mystic members, who are enjoying Mystic’s unique, modern and empowering take on the ancient art of horoscopes & all things Astrology. With an all-access membership