Pet Astrology Before The Internet

“Baroness Rebay would like very much to have you buy her a copy of Your Dog’s Astrological Horoscope…Will you please send it to her as promptly as you can?”

I like the Baroness.  She was a Gemini, an abstract artist and apparently interested in “diverse spiritual and religious ideas.”  This was often the euphemism of the day for magic, astrology, witchy-poo stuff and so on.

But i am not sure if either my cat or my dog would be very much interested in their horoscopes.  I think they are hooked straight into Sun, Moon and Star Rays. The cat is Aquarius – extremely affectionate to the point of drooling and purring if you ignore her but will hiss back at you if you do something nice such as letting her in from a storm or feeding her.  The dog? Aries. Headstrong and courageous, consistently baited by the Aquarius.

Both star gaze and particularly at Arcturus + Saturn, which is odd.

For this to work, you will need to do it on Facebook Comments but if you like, post a pic of your animal companion + a comment on their sign and whether or not they’re classic of their zodiac genre…

amazonalison
amazonalison
December 18, 2017 3:01 pm

My dog is a Scorpio moon square Neptune in Aquarius, and he is a sex addict, so there’s that.

bosslady
bosslady
December 17, 2017 12:23 am

My cat is a Taurus and is the most affectionate cat I’ve ever had. She even likes belly rubs. She doesn’t meow very loud, it’s more like a little trill – a little reminder she’s there. Plus, her fur is the softest. She’s also a tuxedo cat but probably mixed with something like a Maine Coon because her fur is so long and fluffy and just smells like heaven. I love this cat, in case you couldn’t tell!

December 15, 2017 2:00 pm

People are just creatures of habit, don’t like change in general. Pretty ridiculous to complain about having both options though, wtf.

I thought the old format was fine but think the new one is more magazine-like and elegant! I think most of us appreciate your hard work and support your vision for the site, whatever you choose for it to be. <3

Ren
Ren
December 16, 2017 1:12 am

I just saw the changes and think it’s beautiful! Looks like a high end magazine. I love the site and look forward to reading it everyday!

flowerchild
flowerchild
December 15, 2017 2:32 pm
Reply to  R(Aqua/Tauri)

Yes, I second what you’ve said, Rache!
MM, you just have to put your foot down and do what you deem best for your site. You can’t be all things to all people. The more you bend over backward, the more you’ll dig a hole for yourself because people will ‘learn’ that you’ll bend to their complaints and it will be never-ending. Give an inch, take a mile type thing..
People *will* adapt to the changes, they really will, and there are plenty who won’t complain about it, either!

dark star
dark star
December 15, 2017 2:38 pm
Reply to  flowerchild

Yep, this is my Pluto talking but everyone who doesn’t like it can fuq off and code their own whiney last century Astro site. I love the new menu options/ Olaf art

dark star
dark star
December 15, 2017 3:09 pm

Yes, sounds fun!

flowerchild
flowerchild
December 15, 2017 3:14 pm

Me, or dark star? You probably wouldn’t want me because I can be a bit heavy handed and un-diplomatic. You don’t want to lose patrons/subscribers, ultimately!

December 15, 2017 3:12 pm

I work as a web developer and little changes that *seem* insignificant to the average person can

December 15, 2017 3:16 pm

*can take a lot of hours under the hood especially if it’s making a large structural change both with input and how it is displayed as I imagine the scopes are done every day. It’s frustrating when people don’t see that, they think it’s a ‘little’ thing or it should be ‘easy’. As a freelance/self-employed person it’s extra frustrating, I find myself not charging for hours I spent on something or undercharging on a flat rate. But screw that! Work is work and sometimes things that look hard were not really *that* hard and things that look ‘simple’ had a… Read more »

Centaurus
Centaurus
December 15, 2017 9:13 pm

I like the new format Mystic. I really love the archival aspect! I can well imagine the challenge that’s thrown up for you with Saturn/Sun as both Pisces and Saggi have been lit up and slammed for me this last few and the fatigue of it all will pass as you know but that doesn’t negate the grind of the day to day. I have stated it on the horoscopes component of the site but I’ll re-state my ‘congratulations’ for your efforts. I dig it, artwork, format, concept etc.. all of it. Thank you. I recall the change from the… Read more »

Blanca
Blanca
December 15, 2017 11:58 am

My beagle mix was six weeks old in mid July when she was adopted, so my best guess is she is a Gemini. And she acts it to a tee. She’s very quick witted and understands vocal cues better than other dog I’ve met. Super sociable to the point that she ignores her humans when there are strangers or other friends in the room. conversely will get into weird funks where she turns her back on us and glares out the window for a few min. Those are usually short lived and she will eventually prance back into my arms… Read more »

Virgonator
Virgonator
December 15, 2017 11:43 am

My former cat was born sometime in April and more Aries than is imaginable, almost. He and I had an extended war over whether he would tear a hole in my apartment wall. I lost. #bestcatever

December 15, 2017 8:54 pm

Oh Im thrilled to think that my old mutt and I will meet again. Although I still have her bounding about my feet and can giggle at my exasperated shouts as she disappeared into some woodland or thicket. Actually her energy is still very present to be fair. But she was a pisces!!!

Ren
Ren
December 15, 2017 10:54 am

I couldn’t have picked a more appropriate chart for my bulldog Frankie. She’s got heavy water in her chart. Triple scorpio and lots of fire going on as well. Her moon in aries, venus in scorpio and mars in leo. She super affectionate- i’m talking all day long kisses and cuddling. She will dig her head under my arm to cop a cuddle at any available opportunity. I’ve never had a dog that wants so much attention. But all 70lb is the perfect lap dog for me and I always think she was sent to me for a reason

tw:leo
tw:leo
December 15, 2017 10:00 am

i was JUST thinking about this yesterday. i’d always thought that my female cat was a libra; a few weeks ago i found her papers and she’s a gemini, born 24 may. her moon is libra, however. not sure of the birth details of our other cat, though he joined the fam in pisces season.

December 15, 2017 9:44 am

Had a jack Russell. She was my dog as in we hit it off completely and were in total sync. Pisces sun of course. I adored that mutt. She was so utterly cool. Very much her own person but very tuned into me. I sort of never had to utter a word to her. She just knew. Her daughter a Capricorn was a born worrier. And needy and fretful and very intelligent to the point of obsessive. She was super athletic too but I never had the ultimate bond with her that I had with the Pisces. She spent most… Read more »

PlutoMoon
PlutoMoon
December 15, 2017 9:39 am

I have a tuxedo cat, male, age 2, that is so jacked up. He was found as a stray as a kitten, and we adopted him from the shelter at 8 weeks old. They guestimated his birthday as 3/16/15. His chart is a wack as he is – Pisces sun, unaspected!, Mars conj Uranus in Aries on the SN and square Saturn in Sagg, Moon in Aqua square Venus in late Aries, serious King of the Jungle issues with Jupiter in Leo. He is a mess and can flip from sweet and loving one minute to holy terror tearing apart… Read more »

Ellie M
Ellie M
December 15, 2017 8:19 am

My parents had two King Charles Cavaliers, half brother and half sister. The girl was a Capricorn, very stable and reserved. The boy was an aquarius, friendly to the extreme – everyone adored him, and the whole neighbourhood was in mourning when he died. An example I like to give of their differences was when we took them to the beach. The cap would hide by my legs, terrified of losing us and any oncoming dogs were treated with suspicion. The aquarian boy was a social butterfly. Once he was off the lead, we wouldn’t see him for at least… Read more »

Ellie M
Ellie M
December 15, 2017 8:15 am

My cockerspaniel ‘Phoebe’ is a 0 degrees sun conjunct Uranus in aries. She’s absolutely mental, in a quirky energetic sort of way. She had the name Phoebe before I got her, but I like to think it’s no coincidence that she’s not far off the Friends character Phoebe. Over the years we’ve said “she’s still a puppy, she’ll grow out of this manic phase”…but seven years later and she’s still got energy to burn and bounce around the place. She’s not a cuddly sort, but she has her tender moments – mars in pisces.

TedtheKitty
TedtheKitty
December 15, 2017 7:58 am

My cat Topher was a rescue, along with his sister. I got them on July 30, 2015. They appeared to be about 4 weeks old at the time, so I’m not sure….although he certainly seems very Cancerian! He obviously has great attachment to me and my Mother, definitely has his habits & routines and is probably the most affectionate cat I’ve ever owned. But he also can be very manipulative, lol, and sure knows how to make you feel guilty! I’ve always wished I knew his actual birth date.

dark star
dark star
December 15, 2017 7:21 am

Our family Portuguese waterdog is Libran, I must figure out her moon! She’s v Libran down to her alarmingly white teeth, style when effortlessly bounding over the couch/ tall furniture, and love for paper.

Ellie M
Ellie M
December 15, 2017 8:22 am
Reply to  dark star

Haha, my dog also has amazing straight white teeth and she has libra moon. She’s also incredibly good looking, and does she know it. She actually poses for the camera when people stop her in the park haha

dark star
dark star
December 15, 2017 8:33 am
Reply to  Ellie M

Hahaha! That’s wonderful. Past life models?

Omg Zoe is in this dog walking group that gets videoed too.

She’s the one lounging (casually) in the front

Venusian_Liaison
Venusian_Liaison
December 15, 2017 6:55 am

I have two Cancer Sun/Aries moon gorgeous persian cats. They are so needy yet independent all at once!

babysinclair
babysinclair
December 15, 2017 2:17 am

I LOVE THIS. Your animal companions are beautiful Mystic!!! And it’s fun to see the odd glimpse of your life! My dog has a Pisces sun and a Capricorn moon and he’s a total mush, but with a kind of seriousness about him. Loves napping, being a guard dog and going on long walks but we can’t take him off leash because he will wander. He definitely has vivid dreams and acts them out in his sleep. I wish I knew my cat’s sign!

saturnplutoflux
saturnplutoflux
December 15, 2017 2:09 am

Scorpio rescue kitten…devoted and only male companion for 2+ years. When i finally met a human male and had him over, devoted kitty literally sh*t on my pillow and never.spoke.to me. AGAIN. …(moved in with the blue healer next door…)

December 15, 2017 6:42 am

OMG

sphinx
sphinx
December 15, 2017 7:13 am

I’m dying, best astro pet story ever!! Tragic but so.. Scorpio!!! Lol!

saturnplutoflux
saturnplutoflux
December 15, 2017 10:42 am
Reply to  sphinx

luckily the blue healer’s human was already quite fond of him and didn’t mind acquiring another pet 🙂 But he would literally walk past me in the driveway looking in the opposite direction!!

Year of the Phoenix

dark star
December 15, 2017 2:32 pm

Mic drop

SoVeryGemini
SoVeryGemini
December 15, 2017 2:06 am

Both our animals are strays, so I must guess. Miranda the cat has big peridot green eyes and is a Tortie. When she wants attention, you are commanded to stop and give the love. Otherwise, please leave her alone thxverymuch. She sleeps on me every night, loves her routine and is rather protective of us. So? Virgo? Henry is new to the family, just over a month now. Our neighbour found him running; we think he was abandoned. He’s a year-ish Shit-tzu/PoodleX and is learning to respect Miranda’s space. He has bonded with me and freaks when I leave, sleeps… Read more »

FireTryin'
FireTryin'
December 14, 2017 11:58 pm

They said our dog was 6 months when we adopted her in August a few years ago. An Aquarius. She is a beagle mix with jack russell and lab. On the small side and seems to have none of the bad behaviors of any of the above breeds. She is lovely to guests but then goes off to a corner to curl up and rest. Her coloring and the way she holds herself make me think of an early 20th century gendarme. She just seems French to me when she’s at attention! She doesn’t cuddle, generally seems to hate being… Read more »

sphinx
sphinx
December 14, 2017 11:51 pm

What beautiful pets!!! Gorgeous MM. 😀 We serve two of the most amazing cats – Australian Mists bought for my asd boy (they were the only breed I could find that were bred partly for personality and health). The male I chose partly for his astrology. He is a Leo with Sun-Jupe conjunct. Moon in Cancer. Virgo Asc. He is sunny, warm and extrovert, as you would expect and of course he is a big sook too. He isn’t too smart as cats go, he was quite premmie – but he is amazing in the etheric realms. Shaman cat! I… Read more »

Veronica
Veronica
December 15, 2017 11:38 am
Reply to  sphinx

this is what quite worries me about having cats, how to keep them home safe…

sphinx
sphinx
December 15, 2017 11:10 pm
Reply to  Veronica

Hey beautiful, in Oz it’s advisable to have a car run I think as cats have killed 50 species or so. Baby Girl is 99% indoors and apprehensive about unpleasant things on her paws like… grass. It was hopefully the first and last time!

sphinx
sphinx
December 15, 2017 11:11 pm
Reply to  sphinx

Cat Run! Because precisely of car runs..

Queen of Disks
Queen of Disks
December 14, 2017 10:49 pm

My precious dog is a Leo, appropriately named Rex. He has a regal bearing and is beautifully symmetrically colored. My observations of Leo/Cap (me, in this case) relationships always appear to have some emotional friction. If I were a less secure person I would have developed a complex where he’s concerned- he’s very attritional when it comes to getting or not getting the attention he wants. He will literally turn his back on me as a show of disapproval but will come hunt me down if I pay attention to something else. Probably a reflection of his Cancer Moon. I… Read more »

Lili
Lili
December 14, 2017 10:39 pm

My kits are Ginger- they were born April – but are strays so it’s all anecdotal.

She is très jalouse of any other girls- including my son’s girlfriend. But she warmed up eventually.

She narrows her pretty green eyes and – looks daggers. Maybe she’s a Scorp Moon. LOL!

Both are very affectionate and loyal to each other and to us.

But spotting an intruder on the home turf- en garde! The hissing is fierce!

Year of the Phoenix
Year of the Phoenix
December 15, 2017 9:07 am
Reply to  Lili

Moon Scorp with Deathray Stare!

cort
cort
December 14, 2017 10:17 pm

BEAUTIFUL CREATURES!!!!

Jokerman
Jokerman
December 14, 2017 10:16 pm

I miss every dog I’ve had something to do with. 2 Shepherds. 2 Black Labs. A Dal. I stayed with my son who has a German Short Haired Pointer. He reckons it went to the bed l slept in for days after l left. I dont know it’s astro. I must get another dog to find me. Something really genuine about them.

December 14, 2017 10:14 pm

I just know my cat is leo rising

flowerchild
flowerchild
December 14, 2017 8:38 pm

I SO WISH I had the birth details of my cat! All I know is she was born ‘in the winter’, according to my brother, so that doesn’t leave much to go on. She was such a magical little being. She was my family/my familiar for 14 years. I still grieve her, it’s been 11 years… She was a long hair tabby, what we might call a Maine coon or Norwegian forest cat and definitely loved being outside. She was so smart and agile and an ace hunter, and all round badass, but so loving and sensitive and telepathic and… Read more »

December 15, 2017 6:41 am
Reply to  flowerchild

Oh, I love Maine Coons!! They are so sweet and intelligent. When I went to some cat shows I was really in awe of how HUGE some of the purebred ones are. I like the low maintenance aspect of my cat when it comes to size and fur (no shedding with Rexes) but if I ever move out of the city I would love to get a Maine Coon.

flowerchild
flowerchild
December 15, 2017 7:29 am
Reply to  R(Aqua/Tauri)

Aw! 🙂 Yes, they are bigger cats and have a LOT of fur, so they look even bigger. They’re adapted to be in the snow, and have a lot more fur on their undersides. My cat had layers and layers of fur, but she didn’t shed as much as you would think. She spent a lot of time outside, though, so maybe she shed there, and she was fastidious about grooming herself, so maybe that helped. I would get another cat like this in a heartbeat but can’t have any pets in this apartment.. I checked out your kitty! So… Read more »

December 14, 2017 8:37 pm

Our little sweet mini dog was a Pisces, and I think he had a very adventurous moon. But very attached to his favourite people. After he discovered cars, which meant New Horizons, he was 110% committed to the road trip. His favourite walks were the equivalent of 100 dog-kilometres (60 dog-miles). As a terrier his bloodlust was formidable but his exploits were limited to soft toys, which he eviscerated with Darwinian satisfaction. Although I’m fairly sure that trait extends to most born under the sign “dog”… 🙂

MissDee
MissDee
December 14, 2017 8:21 pm

PS: Totally off topic.
@Mystic will we get a post on Saturn sq Sun as you have passed the exacted degree of it?
I am really curious. Sorry to be a nag 🙂

MissDee
MissDee
December 14, 2017 8:13 pm

Mine are strays so I don’t know. My idea, based on the “extimated number of months” that the vet told me when I found them (in separate momemt) is that Bruno (male cat, 3 years old) is a Libra and Nina (female cat, 8 months old) is an Aries. And they totally fit the portrait: Bruno is super social, he loves people and he’s very good looking. Everyone that sees him goes on and on on how good looking his rare green eyes are. Also he’s very picky with food and how his litter must be fresh and spotless. Nina… Read more »

Pegasus
Pegasus
December 14, 2017 7:42 pm

Devastated if i see a dead bird on the road or possum yet, injured- to- the- point -of- dead peoples do not affect my psyche ….mmmm, a Saggi trait maybe, a preference for animals to humans? That sweet smooth head in pix looks like a Golden Retriever, the blondes of the dog world i call them. Adore them, beautiful natures. Thought my dog was a Sagg as she loves to run, jump up into trees, yes, trees, big morten bay fig muthers, or any tree with an accessible fork under 4 feet from the ground. Yet she a Pisces, can… Read more »

Veronica
Veronica
December 15, 2017 9:29 am
Reply to  Pegasus

Not necessarily just Saggi Pegs! It breaks my heart a little bit each time I see dead animals on the road, I’ll stop and scare away possums before they cross if I see them, held up a line of traffic behind my car when I stopped to catch a young kookaburra that had dived down and hit its head on my bonnet -actually 3 times stopped the traffic for birds who were getting run over but couldn’t get there in time. I was standing with tears pouring down my face and each time other women stopped their cars too to… Read more »

lapis
lapis
December 14, 2017 6:58 pm

My dog is Aquarius sun with a Leo moon. She is friendly to all yet also aloof to everyone but her closest friends (animals and humans). She prefers to sit in her window on her own terms unless she thinks someone is having a bad day, then she will sit with the person ALL day as a support animal. She is so compassionate when she thinks someone is hurting but otherwise prefers her own space! Her Leo moon makes her so photogenic. She somehow understands that her picture is being taken and poses for the camera. She also loves to… Read more »

December 15, 2017 9:38 am
Reply to  lapis

My word. This sounds like my Aqua man. Utterly drop dead stunning and will nurture before he’s realised he’s doing it but prefers to be alone !

Belle
Belle
December 14, 2017 5:50 pm

The love my life is my cat Ed.. He is a Pisces sun, Aqua moon 13/03/00 – he looks much like the cat in the photo but has more pronounced features and just a weird symmetry that seems to distort and play on his physical features. He is strikingly handsome and very identifiable. He entered my life when I moved house ten yeas ago. Firstly I’d just see him just hanging about on the street and after a while I found he was sleeping in my bed while I was at work. Then I noticed he had a complete monopoly… Read more »

LWhitfield
LWhitfield
December 14, 2017 11:31 pm
Reply to  Belle

Aww, your kitty boyfriend. He sounds lovely. And such a Pisces!

kym
kym
December 14, 2017 5:01 pm

Aries. Headstrong and courageous. Continually baited by the Aquarius.
Probably true for humans as well.

December 14, 2017 4:54 pm

My Cornish Rex kitten I have had for a month is a Sun-Mercury Gemini with an Aqua moon. I definitely see the Aqua moon in this one… the breed is known for being hyperactive and needy but ours is a little more detached than the average Rex. She likes checking situations out before diving into them and she’s not traumatized when we leave the house like I’ve heard other Rexes can be. Which is good! A great balance. I guess I see the Sun-Mercury in Gemini, she has the cutest voice… loves to talk but it sounds like a fast… Read more »

lc
lc
December 14, 2017 4:47 pm

My cat was born July 24th. Is he a Leo? Does it work the same for pets as it does for humans?

Pegasus
Pegasus
December 14, 2017 7:59 pm
Reply to  lc

If i may answer, yes, same but Myst said above more ‘Sun Moon and star rays’…

lc
lc
December 18, 2017 1:49 am
Reply to  Pegasus

Gotcha! Thx. Don’t know the exact time of birth – he’s a rescue.