Saturn Transit tips to see you whizzing through your Saturn Return – or any other Saturn Return in fantastic style, learning timely lessons as you thrive.
Here are my hard-earned (Because this is Saturn) Nine Vital Truths & Tips For A Saturn Transit.
(1) Embrace the Suck. No matter how much we try to oomph it up and get off on the stoic splendor of a “hard” Saturn transit – Saturn Return, Saturn square Sun, Moon, Ascendant, Mercury, Venus or Mars are the most intense – there is an aspect of it that will suck. See Henry Miller Hated Saturn’s Guts for a particularly erudite take on Saturn transits. There are definitely rewards from a well-worked Saturn transit but they are not fun, as such.
(2) Activities that work really well with Saturn transits? The getting of wisdom and maturity via professional, official ways. Study. Fat and Debt Reduction. Giving up things or people that are bad for you. Sleep hygiene. Anything on the body alignment/mobility/bone strengthening spectrum. Whatever can be tracked and measured.
(3) Seven-year cycles really are super relevant when it comes to Saturn. For an “aha moment” of epic proportions, run your life back in seven-year increments from the time of your Saturn transit exact. Look beyond the difference of location or situation for the similarities of vibe or emotion.
Saturn Transit Tips Redux: It's A School And The Fees Are Expensive But Worth It
(4) With Saturn transits, you are always being schooled. The sooner you can crystallize the core lesson (eg: Self Esteem or Not Subduing your powers or an auto-martyr setting) the better it goes. Even if it feels corny, find that core lesson and turn it into a mantra or affirmation for your Saturn transit. Keep coming back to it.
(5) Saturn trines and sextiles are easier than Saturn square, opposition, and conjunction transits. With the ‘softer’ transits, you feel inspired to mature or evolve. With the squares and so on, it often feels forced upon you. But the results are the same – more wisdom, security, and maturity.
(6) With every Saturn transit there is always a low, a valley of despond where you tote up your defeats, assess choices that now seem sub-optimal, guilt yourself and generally feel like you have put on a wet blanket. It really does evoke the medieval Saturn – the “old devil” – of mythology or the Hermit in Tarot, a path only you can trudge and illuminated by nothing but the light of your own lamp. Liz Greene talks of “the “Initiator” who, for the price of our honesty, offers us greater consciousness, self-understanding, and, eventually, freedom.” All this is true but there is always a low as part of a Saturn cycle and trying to dazzle or numb it out won’t work. It’s like a valley you have to walk through to get up the mountain on the other side.
(7) When Saturn is at work in your life, you feel time acutely, regardless of your chronological age. You are also more prone to make calculations and estimations of where you “should” be or of time-money ratios. This can be gloom-inducing but in fact, measuring and calculations work brilliantly with Saturn transits and can be quite reassuring. Having a quiet little daily budget, debt repayment or calorie goals may not make you the most fabulous or seductive person in any room but they will be like a religious practice during a Saturn transit.
Saturn Knee And Saturn Neck Are Real
(8) Saturn Knee & Saturn Neck is a thing. For some reason, joints play up during Saturn transits. Knowing this, you get in ahead of the situation by working to strengthen yourself in advance. Identify where you are stuck or where you may need to update your information. Saturn is the Time God and if a part of your life is still operating on outdated info, an outmoded diet or trying to motivate off the sallow ghost of an old resentment, you will run out of steam or feel super stuck.
(9) Whatever planet or point is being stressed by Saturn is being put under immense pressure to perform at an elite level. It will not be easy and it will involve gazing upon – most likely with a Saturn square – areas and settings of your life that you really don’t even want to be asked about, let alone examine. But take on the Saturn Challenge with a great attitude and good things result, guaranteed.