The Tropic Of Scorpio

“This is some renegade ’70s era feminist shit going on – I’ve never lived through anything like it.”
Rebecca Traister – Via The Cut

Seriously I know that Jupiter is now in Scorpio and thus accentuating muck-raking and socio-cultural subliminal depths but this is nuts. It feels like the media is now a constant flow of sleazy revelations.  What is going on?  Jupiter in Scorpio or more?

It is in synergy with Neptune and could almost mount a case for this scuzzy slimy shit being exposed and denounced as being an enhancement of true Neptune values – art, beauty, cinema, creativity, artists, photography and magic.

Neptune is show-biz – the seduction, fame, bringing to life of stories and crazy money as well as all the Hollywood Babylon, Mulholland Drive, Day of the Locust style of narratives.

Hollywood is widely considered to have been “born” in October 1911 – when the first movie studio was established. This WAS a trine between Jupiter in Scorpio and Neptune in Cancer.  It was also Pluto in late Gemini –  Hollywood’s Pluto is now being opposed by Saturn in Sagittarius.

But still, it’s not enough – this feels like a shift in consciousness – a collective rise-up of women (and some men) saying enough. Enough with the casual acceptance and explanations for the unacceptable.  And along with all the grotty memory triggers, a healing. Hearing and reading so many peoples stories and the widespread condemnation is remedial.

Thoughts?

Images:
Manuel Bujados
Mad Max – Furiosa

November 4, 2017 9:03 am

On pain, from one of my favourite books that I return to: Astrid visits the art museum with her friend Niki when they are high on acid…They are looking at a Kandinsky painting. “Loss. That’s what was in there. Grief, sorrow, wordless and unfathomable. Not what I felt this morning, septic and panicked. This was distilled. Niki put her arm around my waist, I put mine around hers. We stood and mourned. I could imagine how Jesus felt, his pity for all of humanity, how impossible it was, how admirable. The painting was Casals, a requiem. My mother and me,… Read more »

rubedo
rubedo
November 4, 2017 4:28 am

Also, Lilith in Sag anyone? She’s lounging on the Galactic centre presently (dark.moon), black moons in early sag and aster kid is in Gemini, opposing Saturn.

Lilith wants the truth out before the more saturnian reformation? And her type of healing is not exactly a salt bath with some lovely scents

November 3, 2017 2:52 pm

Sending love and strength to all here and to everyone going through this pain

Electro
Electro
November 3, 2017 4:51 am

Soul Vacation Syndrome…

Damn. Makes my Moon Neptune ache.

So many thoughts and questions raised by all these shifts. And it just so happens I found a copy of The Goddess Versus the Alphabet that Pegs has mentioned several times in the past. Seems to be a connection there.

A_J_
A_J_
November 3, 2017 4:18 am

I’m loving it. Post-purge, Hollyweird will be a more purified place of creativity. Lance the boils, drain the pus.

Aquapath
Aquapath
November 3, 2017 3:49 am

“Hollywood’s Pluto is now being opposed by Saturn in Sagittarius.” I feel this is a big part of it. Cleaning house – everything is being brought into the light. As someone who doesn’t put up with merde – Sag rising with Lilith conjunct Pluto – I’ve found it interesting. I wonder if a lot of the shock from young people in particular is because Hollywood and being famous is seen as the be all and end all for some. This kind of thing is going on everywhere but the PR machine/illusion of the business has been working overtime for years… Read more »

gogengo
gogengo
November 3, 2017 3:47 am

Soul Vacation Syndrome is something I know all too well, I used it as a survival technique as a kid

Triggered asf the week with the additional relevations, my husband turned to me yesterday and said, “Is this what it’s like to be a woman?” Honestly I think it may have been the first time that all the stuff I told him I’ve experienced actually clicked.

November 3, 2017 10:50 pm
Reply to  gogengo

Not until you equated with that did i realise the meaning. Yes, did it so early on that much much later, was asked by a psychic to identify where i actually am in the room, and had the revelation that i’m often up in a corner checking life from an angle (where i can see what’s on the sides and behind, which your eyes cannot track to.)

November 3, 2017 10:54 pm
Reply to  milleunanotte

Also the sides and behind of another person in front of you, because i could see the creeping energies. Not sure how to explain that, but i’ve seen and felt it consistently, so i must have learned to watch for it. Master eggshell walker. (Though i defiantly refuse to be.)

rubedo
rubedo
November 3, 2017 2:29 am

I think Pluto is also a definite player. Lower Neptune can also be substance addiction and Soul Vacation Syndrome – where your soul goes off to god-knows-where while you still show up, present as “hot” or “normal” and seduce/consume.” Recently I was reading something about the difference or fine line between seduction and kidnapping. How one person could fully believe they’re seducing but is it to share in and with another or is it to take them away from whatever they were doing prior to the seducer showing up and consuming them? So to speak. That and the desire to… Read more »

babysinclair
babysinclair
November 3, 2017 1:59 am

Yup, this has certainly been my experience. Triggered by the tabloid news, then comforted and healed by the knowing that I am in such great company. I’m really not giving any fucks right now about appearing “nice” to men spouting stupid nonsense that I would have tolerated before and rationalized as “harmless.” And surrounding myself with ladies who know the value of supporting each other. Also – new Earth vibe?!?!? – the realization that I had been gradually numbing out my physical body for years, feeling safest in my head. So this is what I am working on now, feeling… Read more »

joolz
joolz
November 3, 2017 5:01 am
Reply to  babysinclair

Yes to your last line. I realize now I disassociated from my body pretty much when all this stuff started happening (age 7) and never really reconnected. Booze, even WORK, became ways to stay safely in my head or numbed out.

Lindsey
Lindsey
November 3, 2017 1:39 am

It isn’t just Jupiter in Scorp prompting the outpouring of sex assault stories (tho’ that surely is another reason for it) isn’t it also Pluto in Capricorn? In fact since Pluto entered Cap, a flood has occurred of the powerful/influential being exposed as abusers. Pluto, planet of the underworld in the sign of leadership/government/powerful. Seems to me that Jupiter in Scorp is making a bigger show of the whole sordid truth of the everyday reality women face.

babysinclair
babysinclair
November 3, 2017 1:44 am
Reply to  Lindsey

I was thinking Pluto in Capricorn as a player as well! ESPECIALLY agree that last sentence.

Skarab
Skarab
November 3, 2017 10:30 am
Reply to  Lindsey

Yes, i’m inclined to agree with you re it being a Pluto in Cap thing (blown up by Jupe). I’m basing this on the outbreak of the news. When the 2 articles that busted this scene open (about Harvey Weinstein) were published – first in The New York Times & then The New Yorker (5th & 10th October) the Sun & Mercury were conjunct in Libra (heralding justice) and were square *exact* Pluto/Cap. Jupiter during this time was at the critical degree in Libra (opp Uranus) Justice or Bust. And bust it did the second it entered Scorpio revealing the… Read more »

Ninanotsosmall
Ninanotsosmall
November 3, 2017 1:08 am

A friend asked me if this me too stuff was not re-traumatising. I said no, I’m not going into details, it feels very freeing and defiant. The worst thing is finding out all the male actors I had previously admired are digusting rapists/harassers. But I’m just so, so happy for all the sexual assault survivors finally getting the chance to take up space and be heard and speak their truths free from shame. Personally, I don’t feel this “women are doing all the emotional labour to get men to look at their behaviour AGAIN” stuff. These incidents happened to me… Read more »

November 3, 2017 11:34 am
Reply to  Ninanotsosmall

Yes, the weight that is always carried.

When i first worked through stuff, it was such a mammoth effort and once i came through i thought i was done! I was young…

…now i see i move through layers of it at different times.

LiberatingVenus
LiberatingVenus
November 3, 2017 12:15 am

I was mentioning not too long ago on here about how it’s easy to get caught up in the one-dimensional view of Jupiter as some kind of Cosmic Santa Claus. But like any other astro-energy, there are many facets to it another thing it does (and very well, too) is magnify things. To wit, one of the common astro-teaching tools for observing how a natal planet is functions is to wait for Jupiter to conjunct it because it tends to blow things up in a big way. So it makes sense that in Scorpio Jupiter would have a tendency to… Read more »

rubedo
rubedo
November 3, 2017 2:25 am

I agree about the lop sided guru Santa Claus. Jupiter is that, but his means of doing so can (and mythologically) do include some martian tactics

Aquapath
Aquapath
November 3, 2017 3:58 am

“Jupiter has always been terrible at keeping secrets – just ask a Sagittarius! If the Truth is sleazy, corrupt, or just plain fuqed up, you can bet Jupiter’s going to do what he does best and make it larger-than-life for all to see”

lol I’m good at keeping other’s secrets though – Sag rising
But I can’t stand bs and I’d sooner not have anything to do with someone than lie or pretend.

I’m loving the mix of Greek mythology and Vedic. Going to have to check out Varuna in my own chart now 🙂

LiberatingVenus
LiberatingVenus
November 3, 2017 11:24 am
Reply to  Aquapath

Yeah, but what’s your Pluto situation like? Unmitigated Jupiter/Sadge energy will cheerfully and candidly spill all your beans completely unintentionally because the thought never even crossed its mind that someone might not want it all “out there”. Jupiter is king of “let it all hang out”, after all – how many Sagittarian nudists or closet nudists have you known in your life, LOL? Between the Sagittarius placements, 9th H planets, and Jupiter aspects in my chart I have just about enough Jupiter action to nearly fell a Clydesdale. But I’m *crazy* hush when it comes to others’ secrets and general… Read more »

November 3, 2017 11:31 am

Wowing out at the last paragraph. I tell you, that image of Varuna you describe gives me chills.

Are these asteroids? And where do you find the images?

LiberatingVenus
LiberatingVenus
November 3, 2017 11:46 am
Reply to  milleunanotte

Varuna is a Kuiper Belt Object & Nessus is a Centaur. Varuna is a Hindu deity, so you can just do a Google image search. Nessus is from the Greco-Roman myths of Hercules/Heracles – the perhaps best-known image of his mythos comes c/o Guido Reni, who painted him in “The Abduction of Deianira”.

November 3, 2017 10:45 pm

Oh Mystic that is such a Piscean moment. You’re usu always across your myths and deities! Thanks for this one. You make me feel better about feeling a bit sort of just this evening 🙂

LiberatingVenus
LiberatingVenus
November 4, 2017 12:01 am

FWIW, I totally think there *should* be objects named after characters from the Tolkien Universe – that would be awesome!! Mebbe we start some kind of movement/petition???

We already have asteroid Merlin (2598 if anyone wants to play Asteroid Bingo), so why not Gandalf? “Gandall” doesn’t count, BTW. Might any of the Hobbit asteroids on the ASC indicate one having really fugly feet??? (Incidentally I did just realize there is, in fact, an asteroid “Bilbo”! )

Skarab
Skarab
November 4, 2017 5:07 am

Tr. Sauron (378214) ON my Moon/MC…. perfect – esp on a Full Moon too.. @-@

Laura
Laura
November 2, 2017 10:50 pm

Lilith/Saturn square Chiron. It’s time already.

Laura
Laura
November 2, 2017 11:14 pm
Reply to  Laura

Making a Fire Trine with Uranus and NN, sextile Venus, too. Jupiter/Sun/Mercury in Scorpio is augmenting the vibe. Will be interesting to see the shift of Mercury into Sagg and Venus into Scorpio. Also the incoming Earth Vibe!

nellebelle
nellebelle
November 3, 2017 9:58 am
Reply to  Laura

And Eris, I feel Eris energy is strong in this time, still close to Uranus I think

November 2, 2017 10:22 pm

I just felt so uplifted by that description of the muck coming off Neptunian energies. The idea of blurriness around Neptune has been deeply stressing me, like i have this strong energy that must be at every turn deluding me and drowning my real sense. Yet i live through Neptune. This year more than usual has seen me working through a very different part of the prism, sinking down into subterranean core (that Pluto in Virgo and i guess Chironic aspects in the general astro of Pisces.) My feeling of my own sunny Sun and naturally enthusiastic persona, has been… Read more »

joolz
joolz
November 3, 2017 4:55 am
Reply to  milleunanotte

Beautifully put. The experience oozes through every word and resonates so well with me, the woman carrying around the little girl, the teen, the young 20s.

The OUTSIDER shadow and tough armor plagued me my whole life as well, dealing with Saturn in Sag the last 2+ years finally invited me to feel all the pain and feels and start to move through it at least. Better late than never. The truth is, armor is ALWAYS easier in the moment but damn heavy in the long run and a real pain in the ass on the beach.

November 3, 2017 11:29 am
Reply to  joolz

the Armour! Yes. It took years to learn to soften. And any time you feel stressed or vulnerable, that muscle memory takes over. I can be walking around for weeks before noticing the armour is dragging me, as i’ve got used to pain.

By the way, i really get your capital letters.

November 3, 2017 2:48 pm
Reply to  joolz

Be crumbled
So wild flowers come up where you are
You have been stony for so many years
Try something different
Surrender
— rumi

November 3, 2017 10:38 pm
Reply to  Gemyogi

You wow me with this, Gemyogi.

Just had a Taurus undo my knots. *sigh*

Now i feel how being in public makes me knot up. The walk back. Incredible. She told me not to undo her work (oh if you say it aloud there’s a damn pun in there! Sorry! ii hate making puns).

Christ when i typed my name in, i found another one 🙁 😀 Full Moon must be triggering my Sagittarius clumsiness, and the vague weirdness of Sag Neptune Jupiter Moon trine Mercury in 5th

November 4, 2017 8:52 am
Reply to  milleunanotte

My armour — it’s still so difficult to take it off. This is a good lesson for me, and I love this poem. It makes me take a deep breath and let my shoulders go down a few inches. I also need to book a massage!! I’m always full of tight sore muscles, grind my teeth at night (i’ve got a mouth guard) and sometimes wake up in the night feeling anxious with knots in my stomach, no idea why really. I’ve been working on letting go for years now xx

November 4, 2017 4:06 pm
Reply to  Gemyogi

Gem, can you use the Scorpio Organisational Inspo post idea to block out mission to find good bodywork healer, maybe? It was, like my yoga practice, a series of back and forth, ups and downs, while i visited practitioners. I didn’t multi-book, though a Gemini might want to. I had good healers by just being present at appointments and sometimes having a random substitute. My Taurean healer would be bemused by being considered random, but i think also appreciative of how organic growth is. She replaced a very good Arien, whom i will visit again, just her times didn’t fit… Read more »

November 4, 2017 7:32 pm
Reply to  milleunanotte

Thanks for your input. I love getting deep tissue massage and have a local guy who’s great but he put his price up to $85 an hour which I baulk at paying. I’m getting my own spa bath installed in November… a good soak using epsom salts and essential oils always helps a lot. But still looking for a good masseur that doesn’t charge a bomb. I will get on it!

November 4, 2017 7:34 pm
Reply to  milleunanotte

Mind you, I don’t pay for health insurance, I prefer to pay for yoga classes. And I rarely go to the doctor. Maybe expensive massages *are* my health care necessity

S
S
November 2, 2017 9:19 pm

There is a healing coming, at least that is that is my approach to this painful release. It’s a collective biting off of the pain that has been attached and haunting those of us that have been silenced. It’s the presumption of guilt thrown at those who have spoken up. The silence can be deafening when you try to re-claim your voice and have no support only condemnation. In some instances too much time has past and the burden of proof can no longer be established. That has been my greatest hurdle to overcome, realising that I won’t see justice… Read more »

Jokerman
Jokerman
November 2, 2017 9:59 pm
Reply to  S

Thats heavy stuff S. The condemnation from no empathy, I’d imagine.

I only have cormeal porridge but I’ll share it with you
(apols Bob Marley)

S
S
November 3, 2017 6:47 am
Reply to  Jokerman

To deny the existence means it never happened, by that reasoning it provides a safe space for them. Empathy is then stored for themselves.

It’s much easier to accept that this is how it is. I live with the truth and know how it is.

No apologies needed for No Women No Cry. If anything you have musical chops not to Dylan me, bless your soul for not going there. Brekky Beatnik would be most unsavoury and without B group vitamin smeared upon my toast, it could get all kinds of ugly. <3

Jokerman
Jokerman
November 3, 2017 9:50 am
Reply to  S

It was more that l mangled the lyrics. No, I’d never Dylan you. I might others for a bite. All this stuff written about Jup digging shit makes me think how Nep this all is. Like Hollywood glorifies a lot of this stuff. Art becomes life. Ppl feel they cross borders without ‘personal’ passports. Tho I’m very Neptistical, my Uranity goes, “this is crap”. Signals mashed both sent and received. Ppl deny stuff. There will loads more revelations; l imagine. When Jup does SD it’ll will be big But reading all these posts about ppl being hollowed out, disbelieved, with… Read more »

Libra9
Libra9
November 2, 2017 8:46 pm

I have finally released from my psyche the pain of being molested as a child by a family member, at my brother’s urging, the gender discrimination that began as a child and continued long into adulthood and the terrible treatment of me and my children by their father. I am free and strong to now live well. Triple Libra. Second Saturn return in three years and it’s on, as of now

November 2, 2017 10:05 pm
Reply to  Libra9

Peace. Lovely peace. The breeze in your face, as you lift your head and stretch your spine out.

xx

Libra9
Libra9
November 2, 2017 10:35 pm
Reply to  milleunanotte

November 3, 2017 8:42 am
Reply to  Libra9

Big congratulations on the work you’ve done. Peace.

babysinclair