Eris In Aries Is Inviolate And Anti-Fragile

Eris in Aries

Want to know what Eris in Aries means? Try tuning into now. Eris (aka Underworld Queen Persephone) is in sync to Venus and Rebel Lilith. To be born with Eris in Aries is not a specific astrological thing. Eris is extremely slow-moving. She has been in Aries since 1926 and will be until 2048. But where Eris does pack some thwack is when she is in close aspect (conjunction, square, opposition or trine) to an inner planet or point of yours.

She puts herself on a level of intransigence and perfection; she has a taste for the definitive and absolute: if she cannot control the future, she wants to attain the eternal.
—  Simone de Beauvoir

If that’s you, you’re infused with Eris energy, ready or not. Eris is inviolate and anti-fragile. She was originally named Persephone, being a planet hidden in the shadows next to Pluto, and larger than him. The only reason astronomers changed it to Eris is that there was already an asteroid Persephone. To me, she is Persephone, the maiden who went willingly or not (stories vary) into the underworld, forming an uneasy alliance with its denizens, mapping its labyrinth, conquering demons and emerging empowered.

Everyone alive now has Eris in Aries but if she is alignment to – say – the Sun, Moon, Ascendant or Venus, you’re more attuned to the Queen of the Shadows. Her energy is not isolationist like Lilith, though she can self-exile when required. Eris represents strength and wisdom gained in dark places. She is the transmutation of shame or trauma into power, sharp instincts, and unshakable serenity.

But like Lilith, however, Eris is a feminist force, now beginning a lengthy catalyst of a square with Pluto.

Image: Tamara De Lempicka

MissDee
MissDee
September 18, 2017 1:55 am

I must say this is one of the toughest Dark Moon in a long time.
Maybe it’s because is in LEO (aka my 12th house) but I am really experiencing a super low vibe that I try to fight as much as I can.
This new moon in my first house, with Venus joining the party and Mercury going out of shadow cannot come soon enough.

scorpiodawn
scorpiodawn
September 18, 2017 11:29 am
Reply to  MissDee

im feeling it too…totally done in…ordered some high spec b12…got a headache even tho i never get headaches…urrghh god ive hardly done anything today…

Lucy
Lucy
September 16, 2017 6:27 pm

So that’s what’s going on..much weirdness this week. Very aggressive energies towards me and I deflected like a pro. It was opportunity for practice anyway !!

Started an english lit class yesterday and it nourishes me..

September 16, 2017 7:52 pm
Reply to  Lucy

Whoah, that’s great. Class is what i think i’m going for, of a different genre. Thanks for the positives!

When you say “deflected” i think armoury, which is metal, which in my sense is living (it is not science, and i do not attribute any to it, it’s all about feeling as understanding the element). The idea of nourishment as an organic process that fortifies the armour of deflection is a very helpful one. Cheers!

Janey
Janey
September 16, 2017 4:40 pm

I had a dream about you Mystic. You were driving an old black jeep with the top down. Number plate MYSMM8 lol. We were neighbours. So strange.

Janey
Janey
September 16, 2017 6:09 pm

Lolol it was the old army design jeep. You were in the passenger side in your driveway waiting, in your bikinis. I live up the north coast of nsw

September 16, 2017 7:47 pm
Reply to  Janey

Hahahha Mystic rockin out in her bikini in an old school jeep! God i totally LOVE this. That’s so sweet!

sphinx
sphinx
September 16, 2017 4:13 am

A person with a taste for the definitive has no taste for nuance. How can such a person attain eternity? Lol.
Feeling the limitations and trying to enjoy it. 😉
My Venus-Saturn-Mercury square my natal Eris.
Transiting Eris conjunct my Chiron. Transiting Moon in my natal Sun. I am the dark moon. Rawrr.

September 16, 2017 4:22 am
Reply to  sphinx

I hate Simone de Beauvoir.

There, i said it.

Had to read so many of her books at the behest of AquaMa. She really shits me. (Sometimes the latter, too, but no love lost between SdeB and i.)

sphinx
sphinx
September 16, 2017 9:11 pm
Reply to  milleunanotte

Ha, Simone aggravates me too. And Sartre too. Such bad energy. I have to like the people who I read to a degree. Dislike Picasso for same reasons.

Lili
Lili
September 17, 2017 5:01 am
Reply to  sphinx

They were raging anti-Semites too. The whole Dorothy Parker era was full of brilliant but Neptune debauched writers- Where haute Mercury – was awash in Blue Devil Hoochie Juice. Sartre wrote from 6am-noon daily- I did read “The Second Sex”- then “Against Our Will”. Take away from de Beauvoir- Woman is The Other- and that (white, straight) Men are the Ideal/Real/Preferred. This was rad at the time. Certainly still affects payroll, employment, medicine and pharma research- dry cleaners (charging more for our shirts) and other venues. Not saying it’s irrevocable- That’s my 2nd Saturn Return pointing out the broad picture-… Read more »

September 16, 2017 4:24 am
Reply to  sphinx

I’m trying to imagine how the heck you are enjoying it 🙂

Unless it’s just giving a dark sharp edge to your live loving responses to n and d 😉

September 16, 2017 4:59 am
Reply to  milleunanotte

I’ve had eris and Uranus on my Aries sun for the last 2 years. Uranus moved off recently while eris remains. I’m a 10th house sun so you can imagine my last couple of years in that arena ! Being an enigma has its advantages, if not working very much is an advantage. I’ve basically been cruising in stealth mode and making it extremely difficult for anyone to agree to terms 🙂 My days have been spent walking and I’ve got an excellent beach bum tan but it’s sort of over now. The family are pretty much having tantrums over… Read more »

September 16, 2017 7:33 am

since Uranus hit my asc and has been in my first since 2011 I have also had a universe driven sabbatical ! I tired every which way to get up and on in business but no matter what I tried folk just hated me. Literally. This past year for no apparent reason everyone is smiling and hugging me and it is as though I have come out of the desert into the light and I must smell great or something. Uranus is going to be in my huge first house for a while yet but ah it could also be… Read more »

September 16, 2017 3:52 pm
Reply to  emg

Emg, this does give me some hope. I think i have the beginnings of that coming-out-of-desert feeling. The work relating difficulties coincided with the end of a period in which i became on the outer of a group of friends. The group has been one that grew into budding friendships only in about four years. The ending of that was very Eris in flavour, i now recognise. The way i was put into question ranged from deranged projection to very passive disagreement and invalidation. It did make me doubt myself but it did make me ask myself the hard questions… Read more »

September 16, 2017 3:32 pm

That does sound spacious and lovely. I just looked to see that both Eris and Uranus traversed over my own Mercury-Chiron-Eris in intercepted Aries 5th house. The fun house has had a terrible dark time…more like a haunted house at an abandoned fair. I’m wondering if part of the hard yards has been that i have had to slog it out in a work role where i now manage people. For a while they seemed to hate me. I think that has passed, but it has been wearing me down, as it came on top of personal loss and loneliness.… Read more »

Centaurus
Centaurus
September 16, 2017 5:45 pm
Reply to  milleunanotte

Hello lovely 🙂 Am amid my own Saturn transit and unable to apply myself to anything but what I’m currently immersed in so my comments here are all but random and brief. The comps have been a fun interlude to the wheel or an attempt to escape to another reality. Serious chat isn’t where I’m at right now.. honed focus and contained energy is as well as addressing my desire to bust a rut the hell outta Saturn town and distract from the tasks at hand. Anyway, it’s been ages and I saw your post so I had a quick… Read more »

September 16, 2017 7:42 pm
Reply to  Centaurus

Oh god how i have missed you! Your thoughts are always welcome. There’s so much transhitting going on, you’re right! I forgot about the 11th. Sometimes i remember but couldn’t really grasp it. And you’re right again! I bookmarked some upcoming short art courses, and i think the right one is at hand. Will be my upcoming weekend challenges, after i process this weekend’s attitude challenge 🙂 Jupiter transits have definitely had Trickster smackups. That’s been a bit hard to be sure of, since here people speak of tricksy shake ups by Uranus or Mercury more often. I guess it’s… Read more »

September 16, 2017 7:45 pm
Reply to  Centaurus

Also, i’m not sure if i can swing it yet, but wondering which city i could visit in a short while, or over summer, for the sole purpose of sharing some time with good mates.

The delay is partly budget but most of all actually to make sure i’m bringing my good energies with me to share! “Watch this space”

…but in your time, yeah? No pressure or rush. Love you!

September 16, 2017 8:17 pm
Reply to  Centaurus

My Saturn is in Taurus 6th. You’re absolutely correct. I mourned the time i didn’t have to be artistic, tried to channel it into work. Didn’t work, heheh. As the role was new i got swamped in admin and slog. Which makes me unappealing to work people who need a bit of light shiny banter, when i’m all talk to the hand, email me and i’l get onto it. I mean, i try to do the chat too but it’s an effort and i’m screaming inside at the time i’m not using, even while appreciating the ground it forges, and… Read more »

Centaurus
Centaurus
September 17, 2017 12:30 am
Reply to  milleunanotte

I just love the description of all the character at work. Truly fascinated me as I wondered if you could fit them in your chart and look at archetypal energy and how it’s playing out. Yes yes.. I know it’s a bit out there but it might reveal something or just be entertaining. So I preface all my Q’s and musing as optional to answer here.. is just my download. What is lady Venus (natal) up to? Is she being challenged? Where are the oppositions happening as they show up as lovely folk who appear like their sole mission is… Read more »

Centaurus
Centaurus
September 17, 2017 12:31 am
Reply to  Centaurus

OMG – that is so long!! 🙂

September 17, 2017 2:35 am
Reply to  Centaurus

…but great! Much to ponder xx

September 17, 2017 1:25 pm
Reply to  milleunanotte

So glad it’s given you time to explore some of this.

Lili
Lili
September 17, 2017 5:11 am

David, Uranus has opposed my Sun/NNode/Merc/Moon-

My perspective of late is combative-oppositional- I struggle to get to neutral- before I open my mouth at work.

Pluto squares from Cap in 2nd- laid bare basic beliefs/agreements about power and money and the price paid for raising three wonderful young adults. What I did willingly/wittingly. That was my 12th house work-

Sounds like you are in that tools down phase of the warrior journey. When the stars align you will rise renewed, for the next conquering.

Uranus is adolescent energy- see under sleeping late, unapologetic tangents..,

September 15, 2017 9:30 pm

Sounds like a recipe for unhappiness.

September 16, 2017 12:31 am

Yeah, it’s just Simone’s quote. Something about that style of French sensibility that fills me with gloom.

September 16, 2017 2:12 am

“Stars, hide your fires ; let not light see my black and deep desires ”
Macbeth

September 16, 2017 3:07 am

Well not gloom ? Hmmmm… I don’t won’t you to hide from me ? A mystery ? I want to ‘be’ with you ? Not be looking for you all night ? Eris honey, lighten up FFS ?

Lili
Lili
September 17, 2017 4:52 am

Sounds like Madame Bovary- not the heroine to emulate-

September 16, 2017 4:02 am

Actually, it’s a mode i think i should get out of soon.

Scorpio_Rising
Scorpio_Rising
September 16, 2017 10:50 am

Grand Fire Walk With Me Trine

Gemyogi
Gemyogi
September 16, 2017 3:09 pm
Reply to  Scorpio_Rising

Scorpio_Rising
Scorpio_Rising
September 16, 2017 12:31 pm

yes, plotting my enemy’s demise ala film noir style.