Dark Moons are discussed a lot in the Horoscopes and Daily Mystic. Why? Because they occur every single month and they are worth managing properly. But it’s been a while since we went over what I call Dark Moon Protocol – let’s do it.
The Dark Moon is the couple of days in a Moon cycle right before the Moon is New. The New Moon is a conjunction of the Sun and Moon that represents a fresh cycle, it’s when you get extra galactic oomph and chutzpah behind your goals. It often feels like a revitalized sensibility.
But the Dark Moon can be a real low. Some are stronger than others and some people are just more Moon sensitive than others. Dark Moons anywhere near Saturn or Chiron can be a real punish. But they are also a time when intuition is stronger and any restorative action is far more potent.
Ideally, we’d all be able to take Dark Moon leave and just chill, meditate, wander the wilderness, binge-watch Riverdale or whatever during the Dark Moon. But Pluto is in Capricorn and we all have crowded agendas. So what IS the ideal Dark Moon Formula? These are my thoughts on it but i would love to hear yours.
- Don’t try to make yourself go out and be fabulous on a Dark Moon unless you are really feeling it.
- Unless it is your job to be absolutely abreast with breaking news/current affairs, go on a news fast during the Dark Moon.
- Schedule decluttering benders in for the Dark Moon – the act of literally discarding objects no longer required at this time seems to clear one’s mind and inspire new concepts. Plus it’s just the best time let go of anything.
- If you want to reduce something – fat, debt, mooning over a person you don’t even want to think about – start the reduction plan ON the Dark Moon. It’s all about decrease.
- Eat well but not junk food – yes comfort sustenance and chill but make it gourmet & sensual, not something that could make you feel crappy after.
- If you’re going to go full Cat Lady (or Dog Lady, Man, whatever) do it properly – honor your companion animal – they get the gourmet Dark Moon comfort vibe also.
- It’s generally a more Yin and nurturing time so brilliant for low-key connecting with anyone vulnerable or who needs your wisdom and strength.
- The general restorative energy of the Dark Moon means it is the best time of the month to up your sleep hygiene and recommit to it as – like the ancients said – your best medicine.
- Journal writing, the quieter forms of yoga, podcasts that soothe rather than send you into a Mars-Yang crescendo fuq it escalation of just-do-it and therapy are all super potent during the Dark Moon.
- The More you chill at this time, the more what you need to know or feel floats up to you.
- Be on extra high alert against Qi Vampires during a Dark Moon as you could unintentionally be more open to them.
- Some Dark Moons are more spooky than others but the veils between realms are absolutely gossamer thing at these times…remember that if you’re a sixth sensory or strongly Neptunian type. This is the main reason i don’t think it is a good idea to do alcohol or drugs on a Dark Moon.
Image: Claudia Cardinale
Access Horoscopes, Insta-Tarot, Oracle and MoreAll Access Membership – This is not a recurring payment – you are not locked in.
Email Mystic if you would like to trial for a few weeks first.