Are Gemini Careers Going Off Track?

red dress model in phone booth, Gemini careers

Are Gemini careers going off track? No. But Venus Retrograde may make it seem as if they are.

Dear Mystic,

I am desperate to know what the hell just happened in my stars. Are Gemini careers going off track at the moment?

I’m a Gemini and this month I got the 10th house activity in spades. Out of the blue I got offered a job doing hair on a TV pilot, thanks to a connection I made last August.

Originally the shoot was supposed to be from March 17 to April 11 but three days in my boss let me go. Everything he said, in the beginning, was now opposite. He said I was incredibly talented, and he would be recommending me, but I was too new for this film set. (He had said I wouldn’t be thrown into anything before he was sure I was ready).

So now after an incredible amount of prep which included giving notice at my full-time gig, I have three people telling me they’ll recommend me to another project going on right now but no actual work and a pile of anxiety. What happened to my made its status and dream job???

Thanks

Confused Gemini

Television Is Neptunian and Geminis Are Mercurial

Dear Confused Gemini,

Okay, there are several suspects here, and not all of them are cosmic.  First, it is, unfortunately, the nature of the industry – creative and aesthetic ideals that were desirable one moment can be out the next.  Television is Neptunian and as such a Mercurial creature like yourself can align with it and the swiftly moving or evolving currents.  There can also be Space Dust driven whims, despotic producers, nepotism, and hell knows what whirlpools of mystery are rippling around the place.

Secondly, as you are a Gemini, Saturn is currently in opposition and thus it is time to objectively assess any let-down for not just the outside causes but the inner causes – aka You.  You could, for example, seek feedback on what was meant by “too new.”  That would be incredibly helpful. Does someone “too new” not work fast enough?  What exactly does it say? Were you inappropriate?  So yes this is disappointing, especially that you gave notice elsewhere and Saturn Consciousness demands that you ferret out what stopped this manifesting as the platform opportunity you felt it was going to be.

Thirdly – you are a Hairdresser and VENUS is Retrograde. And a lot of it is in your Solar Career sector, as a Gemini. Venus also RULES beauticians and hair artistes along with a component of film/television. It seems logical that of COURSE Venus Retro could delay or weird out the careers of people in her industry. But that means in some way, this lesson or thwarted opportunity will prove to be amazingly instructive and hopeful.

So Gemini careers are not off-track, as such, but this is an inflection point.

What does everyone else think?

Image: Mario Sorrenti

moss1228
moss1228
April 6, 2017 4:32 am

it sounds very David Lynch a la mulholland dr

April 5, 2017 8:56 pm

I am thinking typical of the industry (flakey types, full of promises) meets venus retro—you’ll find your way through this, and onto better things.

Invicta
Invicta
April 5, 2017 6:55 pm

I love the photo too MM.
epic

Invicta
Invicta
April 5, 2017 6:51 pm

I’m wary about saying this because I realize her birth deets are a tad controversial and all but what the hell. I knew who Rebel Wilson was kiiiiinda. I mean, I saw her Bafta speech about diverse members and wondered where the hell id been and how had I missed her? But I remember seeing her in Bridesmaids yet I didn’t really SEE HER in Bridesmaids? It was so Kirsten Dunst’s movie that. I feel like Rebel had the right look for her role but um yeah. So after seeing a clip of her on YouTube talking to Ellen I… Read more »

Invicta
Invicta
April 5, 2017 7:01 pm
Reply to  Invicta

What the hell am I saying Bridesmaids???
Ugh
Batchelorettes SORRY!
Ugh
Two hours of sleep every night this week.
I’m getting into bed and just WIIIIIIDE AWAKE ALL NIGHT LONG
I’m not fighting it but the cognitive skills are not enjoying their finest hour
Soz

Invicta
Invicta
April 5, 2017 6:37 pm

Yeah, very measured and sane response there from Mystic and I agree with the anti fragile comment too and the whole Venus retrograde/ nature of the film industry etc. also yeah fashion editorial and styling is a whole different ballgame from the hurry up and wait vibe of a film set being run by a competitive director. Sounds potentially edgy but not in a fun way for you Gemini. I reckon you’ve already learned heaps about channeling Spirit Hair as in your Spirit Mojo into $$$ and finding the practical application and appropriate niche for your career going forward. Maybe… Read more »

Sandra Fairley
Sandra Fairley
April 5, 2017 4:00 pm

I too am Gemini and spent a good portion of my life in the film / television industry with the same team for more than half of it. Huge benefits from this toe in the door are there for your taking – put the work on your CV; get an agent and start working your tail off to get the next job – even if the job is for a day. There is no permanency of employment in film and television and you need a second skill to pay the bills; there is however great comraderie amongst creative kooky people… Read more »

April 5, 2017 6:41 pm
Reply to  Sandra Fairley

Thank you for this! I did have a contract which thankfully kept me very well compensated. But there were no guaranteed hours so, it is what it is. 🙂 This just restored my optimism levels. Xx

geminirising
geminirising
April 5, 2017 1:18 pm

That is pretty normal, jobs/clients/ come and go, its the way times are. Try be more antifragile from now on (Fellow multiple Gemini here). Instead of asking why something happened, just ask yourself what you can do next 🙂

Catherine
Catherine
April 5, 2017 12:57 pm

My reaction to this was very taurean I e where was your contract! How come you could be replaced at a whim? You need to get tough on your value and negotiations, in fact Feng shui them not just the hair! Pluto is very active at the mo so learn to use that higher level military side a d operate with a capital O. Like a general…you sound a little niaeve. Don’t get confused by the smokescreen of glamour. Mercury is a trickster but also a merchant . Sell your skills and don’t be cheap. Your concept is great..x

AstroGeek
AstroGeek
April 5, 2017 6:07 pm
Reply to  Catherine

Ditto on the contract. Maybe it’s different in entertainment (and in the beauty industry), but contracts should help protect you and at least get you some compensation in the event that the client pulls out.

12th house virgo
12th house virgo
April 5, 2017 7:28 am

Def find out what they mean by “too new.” Its unfortunate, but people don’t mentor each other any more so you have to mine career rejections for career planning gold.

April 5, 2017 8:07 am

So too new in this case was more of an optics thing. This was a super high profile project and my boss wanted to be really competetive for the whole series. He loved my work (on actors in the trailer)but i had some trepidation actually being on set. He felt like he had to protect me from stepping in it, and said this project was moving to fast for him to even consider it.

April 5, 2017 8:10 am

So very valid stuff. Film is a different animal than fashion/editorial. My talent was transferrable, but my expertise was not.

Now the hope is that I can actually get that training in finding myself day work on other productions in the area.

April 5, 2017 7:04 am

Oooh, some very intriguing concepts there. I don’t actually do very many clients tho, I’m an editorial stylist.

The rare girls that do make it in my chair would laugh hysterically because I use feng shui to curate their exact colors/styles. 🙂 So I’m a big believer in spirit hair. But that’s not something I have in me to do full time. Energy exchanges are too extreme and I would miss the story telling i get to do now.

Gonna have a think and try and translate some of that into my niche xx

April 5, 2017 7:44 am
Reply to  Emis4magic

spirit hair. omg. i have a crush on your method. 😀

April 5, 2017 7:50 am
Reply to  Sam

It works tho ? I made color formulas to match some of the power stones and i sneak them into my balayage. Then they have crystal crowns protecting them wherever they go lololol.

This is why I can only work with my nearest and dearest. They are always willing to indulge me

April 5, 2017 9:19 am
Reply to  Emis4magic

Could become an awesome niche thing with esoteric but global client ba$e. Clients flying you across the Indian ocean for a red carpet thing, etc.. get those testimonials on! Hehe

dark star
dark star
April 5, 2017 12:28 pm
Reply to  Sam

Totally, crown chakra balayage for the stars.

April 5, 2017 7:08 pm
Reply to  dark star

You guys are getting me seriously hype on this ? I kinda want to go write a spirit hair manifesto now.

Ulanda
Ulanda
April 6, 2017 9:26 am
Reply to  Emis4magic

Do it! sounds awesome

seawitchmermaid
seawitchmermaid
April 5, 2017 10:53 am
Reply to  Emis4magic

Omg, I wish you could do my hair! How do you figure out the feng shui for power stones?

April 6, 2017 11:18 am

So you hair is your strongest conductor of esp and determines alot about your daily psychic experience. Its a big part of why so many religions equate uncut and unprocessed hair with spiritual growth. So every length/color you’re feeling drawn too has different implications for how you’re going to feel (psychically) in your world! Some will have you more in your body and less connected to the collective unconscious and some will have you highly receptive to the unseen. So your hair is an amazing place to hide your talismans and mapout your desired life. Color: shades levels and tones,… Read more »

dark star
dark star
April 6, 2017 12:43 pm
Reply to  Emis4magic

Fascinating! Is it too simplifying to say long hair is more psychic/ shorter hair is more instinct? Is this why people cut their hair short when they “need a change” in life? I’ve always had long hair so I’m fascinated by this

April 6, 2017 3:12 pm
Reply to  dark star

No not at all! There are nuances and many many reasons why short hair becomes the empowering choice. One of the reasons is that it can be hard to actually cleanse hair of the energies it collects for you. So if you’re a Pisces woman (who already has a direct connection to the otherworlds) with very long thick hair- that hair needs to be BLESSED UP. Otherwise its practically guaranteed you’ll be picking up too much mess that isnt yours. And its alot to sift thru. So I know it goes without saying but never ever let someone do your… Read more »

dark star
dark star
April 7, 2017 12:51 am
Reply to  Emis4magic

Oh wow. I’m a scorped Pisces with long thick hair, and I had no idea it was an antenna for other worlds…

Starbaies
Starbaies
April 6, 2017 11:01 pm
Reply to  Emis4magic

Omg spirit hair. Genius. You don’t take clients? I would book you tomorrow if I could. Im pretty sure I’m not the only one who feels that way. Have you ever srsly considered having your own salon/brand? Maybe it might make it easier to parlay yourself into these highly competitive film gigs once you’ve established yourself as your own brand… and also charge more… 🙂 Then you can do them purely for fun? 🙂 🙂 🙂 In the possible future when that nepotism inevitably pulls strings maybe it will be you stepping onto a set at the last minute. Just… Read more »

dark star
dark star
April 5, 2017 12:27 pm
Reply to  Emis4magic

That is insanely cool! Feng shui for hair! If you had a blog / website I would definitely read it

Ms.
Ms.
April 5, 2017 2:19 pm
Reply to  Emis4magic

what do you mean try and translate?, you just did and it sounds great. My friend just made a company of hair peeps and has a killer instagram right now and this just made me think of you with “spirit hair” because it sounds amazing and all I am getting is pictures of the story of spirit hair, and yes the daughter of so and so is such an industry killer but I feel like THIS egg you just so causally wrote about is something worth hatching, I would love to see the media for this. I am dead serious.… Read more »

Alouetta
Alouetta
April 5, 2017 2:49 pm
Reply to  Emis4magic

I’m going to chime in… this is genius. And I would fork out for some spirit hair. Or a book on it! Plus you just reminded me – I once had an elderly woman approach me in my earlier days – I think my head was shaved – who told me ‘a woman’s hair is her crown and glory’. Which is bs if you know, you have a life, but I like the idea of a living crown. Along with the power stone colors I wonder if you could style in sculpted hair crowns. Just for the photo shoot of… Read more »

April 6, 2017 11:29 am
Reply to  Alouetta

Still your crown and glory no matter the length lol, I had an older woman say that to me when i was young too!

I was rocking my first moonstone blond pixie and I think she was overwhelmed with my awesome. ??

April 5, 2017 6:14 am

You guys are blowing my mind right now because it was nepotism! The girl i was replaced with is the daughter of a director and a very famous hairdresser. And the other girl who assists him is the daughter of a producer who trained with the first one’s mother!

Total mouthful.

But there are some cracks in my foundation too, and they have to be addressed quickly. That was my biggest take away of the situation, this is competition squared. And I need to show up with my battle armor and my shine each and every time.

Lili
Lili
April 5, 2017 6:39 am
Reply to  Emis4magic

Nepotism trumps ability- but you will find better energy alignments. All it takes is one!! I have great match making instincts for vocational vibes- and this feels off. Maybe high quality indy projects and less glam part time regular gig. My hair dresser is THE most soul connected diva in my Libran tribe. Also the hair dressers I know are the most financially savvy and secure. I can see you connecting with indy political groups/causes, doing fund raisers for cool causes- and getting clients from that. Like authenticity makeovers for activists- who want to be current but not grungy! LOL!!… Read more »

Lili
Lili
April 5, 2017 5:54 am

Wow! Sounds very confusing! And Cousin Chiron– jamming the wires with weird vibes- Retro Venus means caprice- flaky, impulsive and Venus is at 29 Pisces- utmost degree of now you see me, now you don’t. Also retro Venus as Mystic pointed out can bring old fashioned nepotism. As a Scorp rising my money is on that. Too new could mean a favor got called in. Try to have faith that there are yet to be revealed blessings- Jupiter in Libra is onside Gemini, non? Can you regroup, refocus on basics, and ride it out? Venus retro in Pisces means connecting… Read more »