Whether you are an astrological beginner or an established astro-fiend, check out these 33 fast astrology facts. Yes, it can seem super complex at times. And it does not help that certain types of people prefer to mystify it or overlay astrology with pompous religious beliefs or passive fatalism.
* In classical astrology, the 9th House is your SECOND husband or wife. So the Seventh shows the qualities of the first one and the 9th the second. The Seventh House is still the go-to to look for partnerships, but this is interesting.
* Never think people born under Mercury Retrograde are under any disadvantage whatsoever. Buckminster Fuller, Louise Bourgeois, Dostoevsky, Stravinsky, John Steinbeck, Margaret Atwood, Clarissa Pinkola Estes. God, it’s probably a prerequisite to winning a Pulitzer or something.
* Cusps do NOT exist. Get a grip. The Sun – or anything – is in one sign/constellation or the next.
* Old Wives Tale that is true: Yes if you want to discourage hair growth, get your trim or leg wax, whatever when the Moon is waning. That is, the two weeks after it is Full. If you want to make it grow thicker/longer, trim it between the New Moon and the Full Moon.
* It is not a proper Uranus transit unless people are disapproving of your rebellious antics and speculating that you may have flipped. The person often youthifies in a rush (or if they are super-young already, does something ‘mature’ that nobody in their peer group is doing), has an unconventional love affair going down and pulls a move to which the response is “you what?!”
* The highest point in your birth chart, besides the MC or Midheaven/cusp of the 10th House is your spirit guide/ultra cosmic for you. Look at the chart to see it.
* Dress like your Ascendant for naturally more aura-aligned and flattering clothes.
Venus What You Desire – Mars Is How You Get It
* Gift people for their Moon sign, not the Sun Sign.
* If a Saturn transit is coming up – book the dentist and osteopath. It’s going to be less about Thing Lust and more about your structural alignment. If you’re self-employed, do a little tax-health check with your accountant.
* If you have the Sun, Moon or a personal planet in the Via Combusta (Latin for Fiery Way) bit of the Zodiac – it means you were most definitely a witch, shaman or alchemist in previous lives.
* Venus is what you want – Mars is how you get it.
* Pluto transits are when you go secretly insane, but everyone keeps telling you how fantastic you look.
* You often gets runs of a particular sun sign or planetary energy in your life when you need to develop, own or perfect that aspect of your chart.
If You Consistently Attract People With The Same Sun Sign As Your Ascendant, They Are Showing You Parts Of Yourself You Are Oblivious To
* People with a strong Mars often threaten the fuq out of everyone around them without even trying. It takes years to work out what is happening and grow into it.
* If you note your dreams, observations, hunches, omens, thoughts on how some astrology might go down compared to how it does, you learn a HUGE amount. Astrology is not just on your computer – though I adore and appreciate the contemporary ability to speed-calculate and all. Astrology is part of a magical matrix, corresponding with everything. Stars that your eye is drawn to in the night sky, for example.
* Don’t get suckered into being super-gloomy when looking ahead to (say) eclipses or a Saturn square. YES, it is true that so many astrologers coo about “growth” and holistic whatever when it comes to the hardcore transit of someone else but swear the house down when they realize that (say) the next Eclipse is ON their Saturn. Still, rise above such auto-negativity.
* If you attract people with the same sign as your Ascendant, they are showing you bits of yourself.
* Never forget that the 7th house of ‘marriage’ is also the house of ‘open enemies.’
The House And Sign Of The Ruling Planet Is Your Core Vibe
* The house and sign of the ruling planet (ruler of the Ascendant) show the person’s Core Vibe.
* Mars heats anything he touches. Even Saturn.
* Too many trines (those blue lines – 120 degrees, usually of the same element) can make peeps complacent. But nice.
* Heaps of squares (red lines – 90 degrees – e.g., Leo versus Scorpio) makes for a spiky personality who makes shit happen.
* Saturn (by house and sign) may present as your major limitation, but it is your highest ambition.
* And Saturn by the house is what’s insanely important to the person, no matter what they say.
Mercury in Aspect To The Moon And Neptune Is A Creative Genius And A Fabulist – But Also A Liar
* Venus Rising is always charming, no matter what.
* The Third House is local trips – the 9th is journeys.
* Packed house? It’s a preoccupation – whether they present as such or not.
* Mercury-Moon-Neptune aspects = a genius creative, fabulist or a compulsive liar.
* Outer planet transits across the Ascendant usually result in major changes to relationship status.
The Progressed Moon Crossing Descendant Indicates A Major Relationship
* The progressed Moon to the Dsc is an overlooked indicator of a major relationship.
* People show their Ascendant off at parties or in public, their Sun in everyday life striving and their Moon when in seclusion with their homies or feeling vulnerable.
* Chart gazing can be like Tarot – you get the best hits when you are genuinely relaxed and not wanting anything. Then the need-to-know presents itself.
* The quickest way to check the natal astro for what gives is a stripped back birth chart – set it so you only use 3° orbs for everything.
Image: Davor Gromilovic
Access Horoscopes, Insta-Tarot, Oracle & more
Join the thousands of happy Mega Mystic members, who are enjoying Mystic’s unique, modern and empowering take on the ancient art of horoscopes & all things Astrology. With an all-access membership