When Eris Met Uranus

Eris conjunct Uranus – a once every few millennia occurrence – is next level feminism. What, we were wondering in this post from April 2015, could the lengthy conjunction of Eris with Uranus in Aries indicate?  Well, now we know. It’s not that surprising, given that Uranus is at heart a utopian, equalizer, revolutionary rabble-rouser and Eris would seem to (like Lilith) have an overtly feminist-fierceness.

Voila, a rad revival of women telling the truth and dissenting. Jupiter in Libra opposite Uranus-Eris is a catalyst for sure. Saturn in big-mouth Sagittarius is supporting and suggests that this is a restructure.

Interestingly, Eris conjunct Uranus is exact in early March, and Jupiter is going to be also in exact aspect. Lilith will have just gone into Sagittarius. So the spirit of this weekend is going to be HUGE in early March.  Venus will be turning Retro in Aries then also. So whatever your politics or activist settings, early March is this times 1000.

This whole weekend I had conversations with amazing women. The antics of Trump as a male in power stirred all manner of turgid old issues (not to mention awkward explanations to daughters as to why someone was “allowed” to talk like that), about women and money or financial independence…or about sticking up for oneself and not sliding into a cliche role on cue.

So what are YOUR thoughts re all this?  Update: March turned out to be the whole Harvey scenario and my thoughts on the next act – Pluto square Eris – are here.

, , ,

January 26, 2017 12:30 am

With this, it about covers it.

January 26, 2017 12:17 am

Pizzagate info for anyone who cares to get themselves on board with the zeitgeist.

January 26, 2017 6:38 pm
Reply to  Ampersand

Seriously Ampersand, you are reading too much into this. This stuff is as alt-right as it comes, and it’s not healthy.

January 25, 2017 2:38 pm

I just wanted to make the 200th comment.

Electro
Electro
January 25, 2017 6:24 pm
Reply to  Jokerman

IKR? Every time I look at the recent comments, I’m like daaamn. Still going strong. And I’m still reading.

January 24, 2017 5:51 am

Lewis Hyde wrote it, trickster makes the world, we just never knew it would be Gemini Donald Trump, trolling the planet

pi
pi
January 23, 2017 8:49 pm

what I’m really enjoying is writing heaps of words and then saying to myself, “oh fuq it” and then hitting ‘cancel reply’

January 23, 2017 5:43 pm

Going forward after the marches, the points brought up in this article seem like a practical take on how or if we can keep things going, and some history on effective and not effective protests and marches: Really good food for thought…..

“Without a path from protest to power, the Women’s March will end up like Occupy”

….and this is NOT to say, don’t bother marching, I fully believe it is worth marching! This article is about what it takes to follow through afterward and keep at it, in order to create actual change.

January 24, 2017 6:51 am
Reply to  flowerchild

It is so frustrating to be told to focus on the local community when I am in a blue bubble and have no impact on nominees to the cabinet or supreme court. But, yes, we’ll keep marching…

January 24, 2017 11:25 am

“Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can” That’s all we can do. One of the great things about these marches is it helps people meet each other and create broader community and networks beyond the local, so in that way, it helps people to get out of their local bubble, and that can continue through staying connected online with these folks even after the march. I certainly live in a blue bubble…..it’s called the entire State of California. But look at what far reaching power this local bubble, this bastion of blue, has. That didn’t… Read more »

January 24, 2017 1:41 pm
Reply to  flowerchild

…..and, p.s. There is power in keeping the focus on friendship, true fellowship, as that’s what keeps the powers that be from dividing and conquering. You mentioned it above by recommending to others to get offline and go into the real world and make connections and community.

January 22, 2017 9:08 pm

I’m honestly a bit bemused by all the marching. Trump is a toad but so is Obama. He was bombing every single day of his 8 years. Drop the US dollar and your country is toast. Syria, Libya, Iraq, all did this, all had their countries overthrown for oil and gold. When I ask my female friends what they have to say about this they are silent, but they post memes all the time of Obama crying and how sad they are to see him go. I don’t get it. Perhaps it’s my own Eris experience (at 22 Aries she… Read more »

January 22, 2017 9:20 pm
Reply to  Ampersand

The way I see it, as I see it personally as well as globally:

If a narcissist calls you names, you don’t react. You ignore. You avoid. What Trump has done is thrown down the glove and people have reacted by picking it up and playing into his hands. It is a game. I’m not playing it anymore, I’ve stopped voting.

January 23, 2017 1:37 am
Reply to  Ampersand

Yeah, ignoring works real well when the narcissist in question is busy grabbing your rights and smothering the press within the first two days of office. Great advice.

January 23, 2017 7:37 am
Reply to  Redsonya

Who are you protesting to? And what do you think they will do about it?

January 23, 2017 8:05 am
Reply to  Ampersand

The press is already smothered and it has been for decades, way before Trump arrived. Look at Pizzagate, for example. It involves all the democrats you can wish for. What about that?

January 23, 2017 9:47 am
Reply to  Ampersand

Pizzagate is insanity. It is. You need a secret code to read the emails? Do you think someone could be sending you on a false mission? There are so many issues and causes you could dedicate yourself to. And here you dedicate yourself to hate and fear. The only cure for this I find is to get off line. That is what the march helped me with – to realize the vast, overwhelming majority people are not horrible monsters in real life. And you’ve reminded me, I owe Comet Ping Pong a visit – they are one of my favorite… Read more »

January 23, 2017 8:51 pm

Oh my god.

January 23, 2017 9:21 pm
Reply to  Ampersand

The code words you refer to are acknowledged by the FBI to be code words used by paedophiles. How do you think paedophiles communicate? Check out the remarkable resemblance between John and Tony Podesta and the police efit of two suspects in the madeleine McCann disappearance. Both brothers were in Praia de Luz staying with paedophile Clement Freud. Go look it up, really, before going to Comet Pizza. They serve a good Kool Aid there though.

January 24, 2017 6:40 am
Reply to  Ampersand

I have been to Comet Pizza many times.

Why don’t you meet and help real victims of sexual trafficking and abuse instead of creating victims where there are none? Its a real problem and you are wasting your time of some troll’s fantasy.

January 25, 2017 12:36 am

I do darling, all the time.

January 23, 2017 12:53 pm
Reply to  Ampersand

I think it’s more than Democrat/Republican or, in Australia, Labor/Liberals. Whatever party gets elected, we need to make them accountable. We need to show them we’re paying attention, and when a major figurehead (i.e. President) is actually saying racist nazi things, and hate speech towards women, and black people, and Mexicans, we need to stand up and say, ENOUGH. If you think we just opt out, not vote, and that is somehow going to change anything or make anything better, you’re deluded or lazy. WAKE UP and do what you can, in your own local community. Talk to people. Protest.… Read more »

January 23, 2017 12:54 pm
Reply to  Ampersand

Don’t believe the hype. Don’t believe the newspapers, and especially, don’t believe the TV ‘news’

January 23, 2017 12:34 pm
Reply to  Ampersand

We were protesting to government and Trump. 2.5 million women in the U.S. and 600 marches around the world definitely sends a message that we won’t make things easy for him. it also sends a huge message to the congressmen and senators that we are organized.

January 23, 2017 1:43 am
Reply to  Ampersand

Not voting is not an act of rebellion, it’s an act of submission

January 23, 2017 7:36 am
Reply to  Gemyogi

not to an anarchist it’s not.

January 23, 2017 12:47 pm
Reply to  Ampersand

It kind of is, unless you’re changing our whole society from democracy i.e. corporate capitalism to ‘anarchy’.

Which I don’t think is possible.

January 23, 2017 4:39 pm
Reply to  Gemyogi

Agreed, I don’t think it helps anything to *not* vote.
I think the only way it would even make a mark, or a statement, is if absolutely NO ONE voted, like, ZERO voter turnout. And that’s never going to happen, so……

January 23, 2017 9:24 pm
Reply to  Gemyogi

Why isn’t it possible? The only thing keeping us in thrall to the 1% is us playing the game of voting. I’m terribly sorry, but if you’re asking me to choose which psychopath to vote for, because they all are, then I choose none.

January 24, 2017 6:41 am
Reply to  Ampersand

Wow. If only all citizens were as enlightened as you (sarcasm font)

January 25, 2017 12:35 am

I get your sarcasm loud and clear without the font.

January 23, 2017 7:32 pm
Reply to  Ampersand

I considered myself an anarchist once and I didn’t vote for that reason. I can tell you that that personal choice made not one iota’s difference to the world around me.

January 23, 2017 9:26 pm
Reply to  Alouetta

I could say the same about voting. Having abstained from voting at could at least look into the mirror and say “I did not vote in that war criminal Tony Blair for a second term”. Voting means you are part of the problem.

January 24, 2017 1:35 am
Reply to  Ampersand

So vote for someone else! It revolts me that a hard won right can be thrown away because of cynicism. And it’s not like you can’t vote plus go weed someone’s garden. They aren’t mutually exclusive.

January 24, 2017 6:42 am
Reply to  Ampersand

I think you need to step away from the keyboard and youtube wormholes, Ampersand. Not for anyone but yourself.

January 24, 2017 7:01 am
January 25, 2017 12:27 am

Do some research, you’re very naive. Thanks for trying to make out I’m mental because I don’t fall hook line and sinker for mainstream media news. You’re lovely aren’t you?

January 24, 2017 10:57 am
Reply to  Ampersand

That’s just passing the buck… You can’t have it both ways. If you don’t vote or participate in some way, then you can’t stand on the side and criticize, either. It’s not an either/or thing, as well. There are more choices and solutions than the big two party candidates. I think the growing numbers of people not voting at all has a hand in keeping our system just a two party system. Perhaps we could have more than two strong parties if more people got involved in the democratic process. The democratic process requires participation and attention from everyone. If… Read more »

January 24, 2017 12:30 pm
Reply to  flowerchild

I couldn’t agree more. Half the population not voting is what got American Trump.

January 24, 2017 2:59 pm

Yes. This!

January 25, 2017 12:29 am
Reply to  flowerchild

I’m not standing on the side protesting, I practice voluntaryism, it is your assumption that I don’t, where did you get that from?

January 23, 2017 7:19 pm
Reply to  Ampersand

I can’t see how not voting helps anything. Vote for the people you believe in – independents, smaller parties, or get in the game yourself – but not voting at all is what got America Trump. And did Obama gut funding for environmental science, domestic violence and reinstate the global gag order on abortion? Did he talk about women and other nationalities disrespecfully, stoking division and hate crimes? If anyone could start a nuclear war its that yellow haired buffoon. They are not the same and voting does matter.

January 23, 2017 9:28 pm
Reply to  Alouetta

No, he just bombed 7 different countries for every day he was in office, but they are other people’s children and women, so I guess you know, wtf.

January 24, 2017 1:32 am
Reply to  Ampersand

I’m talking about the difference between them. Do you honestly think Trump isn’t going to go to war? His ego won’t let him back down from anything.

January 25, 2017 12:34 am
Reply to  Alouetta

Like I said in my original post, Trump is a toad. They are all psychopaths, and the reason that there is no third party system is because the third parties never get any airtime on the mainstream media, just look at the Green Party in the UK. The two party system is constructed by th elite, the ones who own all the wealth. Politics is puppets in the hand of puppet masters. I’m not voting because I see right through them, and they are all war monger if psychopaths, not because I am lazy, stupid, not into politics and a… Read more »

January 25, 2017 2:23 pm
Reply to  Ampersand

Who are these puppet masters? I keep hearing about them but it sounds like a convenient fiction.

January 25, 2017 5:22 pm
Reply to  Alouetta

From a link I posted below; “I suggest you read up on the fifth column theories — which are essentially the existence of a shadow government. A fifth column is any group of people who undermine a larger group—such as a nation or a besieged city—from within, usually in favor of an enemy group or nation. The activities of a fifth column can be overt or clandestine. Forces gathered in secret can mobilize openly to assist an external attack. This term is also extended to organized actions by military personnel. Clandestine fifth column activities can involve acts of sabotage, disinformation,… Read more »

January 25, 2017 6:52 pm
Reply to  sphinx

Thanks Sphinx, I’ll check it out, but I’m worried that belief in conspiracy is being used to encourage a sense of disenfranchisement from democracy. In fact, here’s my conspiracy theory. People like Trump exploit the general disillusionment with ‘authority’ and the confusion caused by a multiplicity of information sources to destabilise belief in anything. ‘Fake news’, ‘fifth column’ etc. There’s always someone in the shadows, so there’s no point in trying to engage with politics – ‘its all rigged’. How many people were swayed by that do you think? Enough to change the outcome of the election? I tend to… Read more »

January 26, 2017 12:06 am
Reply to  Alouetta

The Rothschild Family, who own trillions. They are the puppet masters, if you don’t know who they are you should. They bailed Trump out of bankruptcy, why would they do that…..

January 26, 2017 5:48 pm
Reply to  Ampersand

What are your sources? All I can find is an article in the Spotlight, 1978 (anti-semitic, not the most credible) stating that a Rothschild had shares in a company that Trump later bought the controlling interest in in the 80’s, and when it almost went bottom-up, a Rothschild argued that Trump’s name would keep it afloat – which it did. This doesn’t sound like a conspiracy unless you read it with a paranoid frame of mind. To me, it just sounds like business. Relatedly, a Rothschild mocked the idea that Trump would push for an anti-corruption commission quite publicly in… Read more »

January 23, 2017 2:37 am
Reply to  Ampersand

So agree with this! Obama is so suave and says all the right things, but has killed so many. I can’t understand how people can’t see how much damage he has done, are they so blindsided by his charm? I thank voters for not letting Clinton in at least, who should be charged with selling political influence and treason via her foundation. Of course I want and pray for women to stand up and take power back, to fight for freedom and rights over our bodies. But the timing comes across as being “I don’t like Trump”, which is so… Read more »

January 23, 2017 7:41 am
Reply to  sphinx

Thanks Sphinx. They are all the same, every last single one of them. And people would have me vote for this rubbish?

It only takes the smallest dig through wikileaks to figure out Hillary is a psychopath child trafficker and yet many of these women marching wanted to vote her in. And I’m the one whose submitting? Haha.

January 26, 2017 6:03 pm
Reply to  Ampersand

Can you direct me to the part of wikileaks that shows this, because I just looked and couldn’t find anything.

January 23, 2017 9:49 am
Reply to  sphinx

So, when is the right time? Seriously. Too late now? Too early? We should protest for our rights only when they are taken away? Or we should protest for others only and let others protest for us?

I have tried to get out of my liberal bubble since the election. And the one criticism I agree with from the “Other” side is that progressive cannibalize their own causes.

January 23, 2017 10:44 am

Sorry 12thHV but I suppose being very fixed astrologically, I really appreciate more clarity with power. One of the signs at the protest was “Trump wears poorly tailored suits”. Of course I understand that is NOT what it was about for many, but the haute vibe that goes with standing up for rights and protesting for what IS right was mixed in to these protests with some binary nonsense yet also a kind of vagueness in intent. However, I don’t meant to be a total downer, Eris-Uranus is nothing to sniff at. And I know the power of the crowd… Read more »

lostinspace
lostinspace
January 23, 2017 10:58 am

It may seem that way – but It’s Big Media which hunt, cull and tear apart any causes that are detrimental to the 1%. Best not to listen to all the bullshit and continue to ACT in a progressive way always.

January 23, 2017 12:48 pm
Reply to  lostinspace

Agree 100%

January 23, 2017 1:06 pm
Reply to  lostinspace

Big Media and what they don’t report and report are certainly not educating people.
Acting in a positive way that effects healthy change is key.
But to say that the external is to blame, or that Big Media tears apart causes, that the destruction never comes from the inside would be really untrue. Sadly.

lostinspace
lostinspace
January 23, 2017 3:54 pm
Reply to  sphinx

No one is saying that destruction “never” comes from the inside. Humans do destruction really well from all angles – it’s a gift we have. However, having control over the media, as the 1% have, means that any form of protest against the status quo will (most of the time) be razed, controlled or discredited by anti-news before it even takes off.

All we have left is the power to take action. Which is all we have ever had – and what the 1% most fear.

January 23, 2017 4:27 pm
Reply to  lostinspace

Ok, it’s hard to bring the conversation into soundbites, there is a lot going on with this scene, isn’t there! I suppose I am just saying that I need clarity on intent, that we all need something more behind ‘action’ or it dissolves into petty arguments and the energy is lost. My polish friend saw a million march and crush police and people who stumbled alike. It’s good to march with intent for something, partly I think as it can be dangerous in ways we don’t expect. Personally I don’t watch the news and use the drudge report, wikileaks, anything… Read more »

lostinspace
lostinspace
January 23, 2017 6:35 pm
Reply to  sphinx

“it can be dangerous in ways we don’t expect.”

That’s life for you. Or maybe a Uranus-Eris thing?

star
star
January 23, 2017 2:04 pm
Reply to  Ampersand

I completely agree with this. Obama is / was a puppet. Gives a big smile and goes ahead and does the opposite of what he says. I don’t understand how people worship him and give him a pass on virtually everything. You are completely right re all the bombs, droning and wars started and extended during his presidency. And PizzaGate is real. Those who think it isn’t are completely deluding themselves. I’m very sorry to say that there are many within the ‘elite’ whether ‘left’ or ‘right’ who are luciferians and do terrible things. I see these protestors as being… Read more »

January 23, 2017 4:17 pm
Reply to  star

If Trump can prevent war I will consider him relatively successful.

Remember this?

“We’re going to take out seven countries in 5 years, starting with Iraq, and then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and, finishing off, Iran” –

General Wesley Clark. Retired 4-star U.S. Army general, Supreme Allied Commander of NATO during the 1999 War on Yugoslavia.

Trump recently called NATO obsolete. They didn’t like it. I don’t like war, so I am curious to see if Trump can manage this.

January 24, 2017 6:48 am
Reply to  sphinx

Where do you stand on pizzagate, Sphinx? I must say, its heartbreaking the bullshit that is thrown around in the “Obama is worshiped” narrative. Pure insanity. Comet Ping Pong is my favorite local business and people in the community have really rallied behind them because they all know what a community center that place is. There are people who really believe the Illuminati are running pedophila rings through a busy local pizza place, which makes no sense on so many levels. Its maddening. I still hold the all-or-nothing attitude regarding government is absolutely toxic and is ripping democracy apart. I… Read more »

January 24, 2017 7:00 am
January 24, 2017 11:00 pm

You are asking me? I don’t know enough about pizzagate to judge and certainly not specifically enough to comment on a particular establishment. However as you are asking, my personal narrative includes being witness to a paedophile ring in operation (not a witness to the acts though) at my local catholic church so nothing on this topic surprises me. I met some very likeable, kindly old paedophiles and some emotionally vacant predators. They were real people, with real complex challenges and histories; so to me a lot of this stuff is just ‘the world’. It is toxic, but it doesn’t… Read more »

January 25, 2017 7:03 am
Reply to  sphinx

Saying pedophilia exists is… I don’t know. Obvious? Let me tell you about Comet Ping Pong. After my divorce, I was depressed. It was the one place I could go with my kid and we could both have fun. It was one place where ex-punks could go with kids and not feel like a sellout. It was the first local-ingredient pizza place in town. Supports local artists. Hosts punk rock shows at night. All ages passes, which is a DC punk rock tradition. I could go on and on. Slate wrote a good article about it: Its a haven for… Read more »

January 25, 2017 4:42 pm

Thank you for sharing your experience, that is interesting. My point in sharing my personal story is really to demonstrate that we all bring our own experience to the table which impacts how we receive information. Many people denied what was going on at the church because it was too unlikely! How uncomfortable! While it may seem obvious, some people project their issues/history/experience onto others. Like you want to discuss this, so you are projecting your concerns onto me. You say you hope I can “consider the precedent pizza gate sets of targeing weirdos (not really new, but not good)… Read more »

January 25, 2017 7:05 am
Reply to  sphinx

Odd as it seems to you know, the time may come when everything you have ever said or done is taken out of context and rewritten so as to make it clear you are part of a pedophilia ring. Why pedophilia? Because EVERYONE hates pedophiles.

It could happen to you, your family or anyone else you know. And that should concern you.

January 25, 2017 5:25 pm

From Zerohedge: “Contrary to reports in the media, the crowd sourced investigation labeled by some as “Pizzagate” did not begin with internet sleuths digging through the Wikileaks Podesta Files releases looking for pizza parlors and encoded language discussing human trafficking. It began with the shocking discovery that Hillary and Bill Clinton provided assistance to convicted child trafficker, Laura Silsby, resulting in a reduced sentence for child trafficking”. This was more the angle I had on it fwiw.

January 23, 2017 4:27 pm
Reply to  star

I don’t think Trump represents a ‘genuine’ effort toward anything sound…. just last week a bill was submitted by the new administration to have the USA leave the UN. Why now? I don’t think it’s because they want to focus on rebuilding America. We can ‘rebuild’, (whatever that word really means to them) and have global presence at the same time. Leaving the UN would be provoking Russia…….to bully Europe. I can’t see that being a positive or productive thing.

January 23, 2017 4:33 pm
Reply to  flowerchild

I think we are being fed a line re NATO, UN, Russia etc. who is the bully and who is the bullied?

January 23, 2017 4:57 pm
Reply to  sphinx

There’s always a story behind the story and a hidden hand of power behind any visible leader, but on the ground in tangible every day life I think it’s going to make a big difference, and not in a particularly positive way, for the US to leave, particularly the UN. Domestically they have already slackened the ties on environmental policies, that will have direct impact on our land, forests, animals, water, and climate change…… but perhaps climate change is just another conspiracy theory to you?

January 23, 2017 6:39 pm
Reply to  flowerchild

Yes climate change is one of the issues I have a bone to pick purely on a ‘follow the money/power’ basis of who stands to benefit from the laws they will create around the topic. Far more erudite people than myself can be found who speak on this topic. Also I am very much for a green revolution, for caring for nature, for living in harmony and balance with our earth mother too. There is always a story behind the story as you say, politicians and 1%-ers using safari parks to arm militias that support their economic interests and green… Read more »

January 23, 2017 7:13 pm
Reply to  sphinx

Yeah, the divide and conquer thing, for sure…

dizzarina
dizzarina
January 24, 2017 3:56 am
Reply to  sphinx

Although it’s true that nothing is what it seems, I can almost assure you that Russia is indeed the bully it is depicted as. Mark my words, they’re pouncing on one of the Baltic states soon, and then all hell is going to break loose.

January 24, 2017 4:18 am
Reply to  dizzarina

But they might pounce on the wrong one…..military incompetence.
Like you know, blowing up a civilian passenger jet.

I despair at what passes for leadership. Why is it so fuqn stupid? I dont get political and business leaders working to feather their own nests whilst a large number can’t get clean water to drink. It just shitz me.

dizzarina
dizzarina
January 25, 2017 5:07 am
Reply to  Jokerman

Although you could say it’s human nature, I think it’s more accurate to say that it’s Russian history in action.

January 25, 2017 12:22 pm
Reply to  dizzarina

I don’t doubt their militaristic intentions but they are good at mistakes. Military endeavours are also prone to mistakes. I can’t believe Putin has no remorse in the shooting down of that Malaysian jet

January 24, 2017 11:03 am
Reply to  dizzarina

Yes, let’s not underestimate Russia. They’re not exactly a ‘benign’ entity….

Here is a report on Russia from the US ambassador to the UN regarding Russia:

But, I guess, you know, some people on here will just dismiss what she’s said because she’s part of the ‘establishment’ and she’s just a ‘shill’, right? *roll eyes*
I’m going to state directly that I’m not into the paranoid conspiracy theory stance on things…

January 25, 2017 5:17 pm
Reply to  flowerchild

Why is it paranoid to understand that many people in government are serving their own interests? The Clinton Foundation is a great example of selling political influence for profit – at the expense of the nation. Political influence is bought and sold in various ways. I think we all need to work a bit harder. Look at who is talking, their history, their political alliances, how they live and how they make their money. The money trail doesn’t lie. People do. Perhaps more information is needed before naming a stance or a person paranoid and a conspiracy theorist? That label… Read more »

star
star
January 23, 2017 4:57 pm
Reply to  flowerchild

I don’t understand how leaving the UN would be provoking Russia, but perhaps I am ignorant here ?? Besides, does the UN really work that well? So many institutions have been completely co-opted and literally do the opposite of what they are proclaimed to do. I’m sure they will stay in it, but surely it is good to finally have someone in the public domain actually asking questions. Asking, is this really working? Whatever one thinks of Trump, people are finally starting to take notice rather than just sleepwalking into complacency. If Hillary had won it would have been more… Read more »

January 23, 2017 5:31 pm
Reply to  star

So if the UN doesn’t work that well, is the solution just burning it to the ground, or can it be modified and all the countries in it stay in diplomatic ties? Also, if we leave the UN, that means we leave the WHO. I think that would result in some actual on-the-ground problems for places that need US funds for their health care personnel and for things like disease crisis management. How is that progress? How do you know for sure that deep down Trump is sincere? What are your sources? What do you think he is sincere about..?… Read more »

January 23, 2017 6:31 pm
Reply to  star
January 24, 2017 3:20 am
Reply to  star

This is really worth a read. I mean maybe… maybe some of the conspiracies are real, but this man is a master manipulator, and so far it’s all panned out to his advantage. http://www.salon.com/2017/01/01/conspiracy-theorys-big-comeback-deep-paranoia-runs-free-in-the-age-of-donald-trump/

January 24, 2017 3:20 am

I blame Pluto.

January 24, 2017 6:01 am

😉 I blame Neptune

January 24, 2017 6:01 am
Reply to  Alouetta

I am tired of conspiracy ‘theory’ trope. Most of the theories I didn’t dare believe in turned out to be true. Wikileaks talks verifiable facts, this is a mess of conjecture.

January 24, 2017 6:53 am
Reply to  sphinx

There are plenty of conspiracies hiding in plain sight these days while people hunt shadows.

Many actually believe a corporate take over of our government will be a good thing.

January 24, 2017 12:35 pm

Hasn’t corporate power already taken over governments, at least 20 years ago?

I know in Australia our government is basically ‘run’ by Rupert Murdoch’s media, for big business interests, mainly coal and other mining.

Our only hope is to get Greens and Independents into our parliament

January 25, 2017 6:53 am
Reply to  Gemyogi

I have worked in government under other transitions between president. His behavior is not normal. Getting us to lose all faith in our democracy is what put him in power. He actually proves that anyone can become president, no matter the qualifications. So democracy works. And that’s the saddest part. The corporate take over is happening because people believe either 1) all business is good business or 2) its already is a business so…let’s get better at it (not my fault, just how it is). Neither is the truth. Government exists to administer services to people. For the people. And… Read more »

January 25, 2017 1:24 pm

“He (Trump) actually proves that anyone can become president, no matter the qualifications. So democracy works.”

For sure – but only if you’re part of the elite/ super-zillionaire club – not to mention a super-pscho patriarch.

January 25, 2017 2:40 pm
Reply to  Nut

Was he born in a log cabin?

January 25, 2017 4:52 pm
Reply to  Jokerman

Yes – made out of gold logs, I believe….. well in his dreams.

Jeezus, from Lincoln to Trump – that’s a real jump.

January 25, 2017 5:42 pm
Reply to  Jokerman

Jeezus certainly can jump.

hdq
hdq
January 24, 2017 9:56 am
Reply to  Ampersand

You do realize how utterly naive this is, right? Obama was a puppet. Bush was a puppet. Clinton was a puppet. Bush was a puppet. Reagan was a puppet. (Carter I’m not sure.) Ford was a puppet. Nixon was a puppet. and on and on back 200 years. Trump is the 45th puppet. I’m sorry, but anyone who believes otherwise is either willfully deluded or an idiot. As for not voting because anarchy, have you divested 100% from the Western imperialist enterprise? Growing/sharing/dumpster diving all your food? Squatting? Part of the Black Bloc? Or is it a way to justify… Read more »

January 24, 2017 3:42 pm
Reply to  hdq

Word! 🙂

January 24, 2017 4:15 pm
Reply to  hdq

I think we are all suffering from the political situation and bemusement is a natural state to be in in these times. Yes these people are puppets, yes the media have been spreading all kinds of misinformation and they are very skilled at it. It is not paranoid to be aware of this, nor is it paranoid to be looking at the bigger picture, surely? Still, if we are lead to the idea of being local in our efforts that too is beautiful I think and if it breeds hopefulness in a person it is profound. I don’t think anyone… Read more »

January 24, 2017 5:57 pm
Reply to  hdq

I don’t understand your argument. On the one hand you are saying that virtually all the U.S. presidents have been or are puppets – but then you get angry at Ampersand for her anti voting stance. If these presidents are all puppets – why the hell vote? Why hold elections – or are they a form of theater to keep citizens happy thinking that we have a say in politics by ticking a box once every 4 years? Who’s the naive one I wonder. Not voting is as much a part of the “democratic process” (eyeroll) as voting is. There… Read more »

January 24, 2017 8:37 pm
Reply to  Nut

Two things: – Being politically engaged on an everyday level, and voting aren’t mutually exclusive. You can do both. But voting gives you a line of influence on the meta-changes that everyday actions can rarely influence. Your voice gets added to the many. You don’t like the candidates – then run for office yourself. – Did it ever occur to you that there’s a reason why some groups of people are actively discouraged from voting? Some states in the US still ban any felons from voting for their entire life, and many extend bans for varying lengths of time. The… Read more »

January 24, 2017 9:38 pm

Agreed, Alouetta.

I saw this article today…

‘Pope Warns That Rising Populism Could Produce a New Hitler’

“In times of crisis, we lack judgment…..Hitler didn’t steal the power, his people voted for him, and then he destroyed his people..”
—quoted from Pope Francis

January 25, 2017 1:25 am
Reply to  flowerchild

I really don’t think the Pope – as the leader of the biggest patriarchal institution where women are STILL second rate servants – is the appropriate person to be listening to. Him bleating on about the obvious is not going to change my mind.

Whoever controls the media wins the vote.

dizzarina
dizzarina
January 25, 2017 5:26 am

Beautiful.

January 25, 2017 12:45 pm
Reply to  Alouetta

There is a courageous old woman in my neighborhood who has never voted. In short, she claims that the system is rigged in favor of the elite, and since the media is owned by the elite as well – then there’s no hope – especially since the two party system it favours, is really just working for itself – not the people. Yet she is a big activist, doesn’t miss a march and is one of the most involved people in town when it comes to volunteering her legal services to the down and out. She’s made a positive difference… Read more »

January 25, 2017 2:14 pm
Reply to  Nut

I get that. I think it’s vitally important to be politically active beyond voting and I think everyone on this site is or we wouldn’t be having this conversation. But I think opting out helps prop up a corrupt system. I think it relies on certain people – people with a social conscience or just minorities in general – not voting. This is why I so desperately want the people who feel disengaged from the system to engage with it. It’s the only way it will change.

January 25, 2017 2:37 pm
Reply to  Alouetta

Guy Fawkes is the only person to enter parliament with honest intentions.

January 25, 2017 4:36 pm
Reply to  Jokerman

Yah – but he really blew it…er, or not.

Here’s one for the conspiracy hunters: some say that it was an inside job (England’s 9/11) to try and stir up hatred against the Catholic Church. 0_0 !!

January 25, 2017 6:35 pm
Reply to  Jokerman

I love that hunter s Thompson ran for sheriff on the platform of ‘freak power’

hdq
hdq
January 24, 2017 10:44 pm
Reply to  Nut

You can vote third party. If enough people voted their consciences, it would make a difference. Not voting, unless you’ve withdrawn from the system completely, is blind submission to the will of the majority (or erroneously triumphant minority, as it happened.). I grew up in a red state. It is my duty to fight against those people. Trump may be a puppet, but the Trump voter value system is very real. If voting makes .00000000000000000000001% of a difference in its rejection, it’s worth it. Get out of the binary and think bigger, long term. Other effective ways of making a… Read more »

January 25, 2017 12:46 am
Reply to  Nut

Neither do I Nut, not at all.

pi
pi
January 24, 2017 9:14 pm
Reply to  hdq

fire <3

January 25, 2017 6:49 am
Reply to  hdq

You are a soul mate, HDQ!

Saoirse Kirke
Saoirse Kirke
January 22, 2017 7:11 pm

That post! Blast from the past,so good to reread that. It made me remember what I’ve been thinking for other myths. Eris tossed an apple. But Zeus brought in a human to make the decision. It’s ALWAYS ZEUS. Step aside punk. And I had always said the white cis female feminism was broken, but that’s the thing about an uprisin, it percolates up. the call has been put out for white women to get intersections and now we have to, so it’d be true to the truth if we centered everyone but us going forward. I saw my liberal catholic… Read more »

Saoirse Kirke
Saoirse Kirke
January 22, 2017 7:24 pm
Reply to  Saoirse Kirke

And the seizures and the migraines? They’re like energy trapped by fear and medications and chemicals. When you let it out it feels just like the holy ghost.

January 22, 2017 6:43 pm

I’ve been having a Uranus / Eris / Sun conjunction for months now. It’s nearly impossible to describe how that has impacted. A whole new paradigm that even after all these months has yet to coalesce into anything I could call constructive. Reading the worlds news makes it a little easier to get clues. Imagine being shot out of a canon. After the initial impact you find yourself flying into an empty dark atmosphere and then just as you regain some equilibrium another explosion. Every atom in your body is sent flying in different directions spreading through the empty space.… Read more »

Saoirse Kirke
Saoirse Kirke
January 22, 2017 6:58 pm

the stars, planets, asteroids have gravity
atoms
viruses
you are pulled apart every second
you come crashing back into the same shape

greta
greta
January 22, 2017 7:23 pm

Part of me welcomes the collapse. Structure built on matchsticks as they say. I wonder how else to stop the madness on the planet without drying up the money funneled into the war machine. No human is going to stop taking free money voluntarily. What is the quote about people being convinced of their immortality vs. their livelihood?

amazonalison
amazonalison
January 22, 2017 11:09 pm

We must have the same birthday, or at least within a day of each other, because this has been hitting my sun hard as well. I’m getting ready to move (it’s all happening in my fourth house) for the first time in seven years, no thanks in part to this transit. My Qi Vamp roommate and I had a major blow-up because I refused to play her mind games any longer. The rest of my life has been upended as well. I am hoping it will settle a bit once I relocate, like a cosmic re-set of sorts. And all… Read more »

Invicta
Invicta
January 22, 2017 6:32 pm

I hate to break up all this serious socio-political gender focused anthropological discussion with something as trivial as ..Hey people, is anyone else just LOVING this moon in Sagittarius??????? Kon Marie has FINALLY deigned to have her work sold as an audiobook and I’m whizzing around listening to it for the THIRD TIME. I TOTALLY GET IT. It has made me realise so much, not least of which is that I have hundreds of books which, honestly I am probably NEVER going to read. I have always struggled massively with reading, not just because I’m visually impaired and see flat… Read more »

January 23, 2017 12:12 am
Reply to  Invicta

Yes I’ve been feeling this recently too, something is giving me more courage /permission in heart to act for my future a great deal of which is home things,

Saoirse Kirke
Saoirse Kirke
January 23, 2017 2:42 pm
Reply to  Invicta

“Both of my feuding inner selves” is fuqing genius.

January 22, 2017 2:58 pm

I love the signs that people came up with. So wonderfully creative, funny and cutting! I have Eris almost on my AC in my 12th so events like this are a dream come true. I’m a little sad it didn’t come together in my hometown and if I’d realised how big it was going to be across the world I may have tried to get it up and running. I have a theory that Trump is like a psychic colonic – everything is coming out into the open. I know it’s dangerous (as in nuclear not to mention on a… Read more »

baristagem
baristagem
January 22, 2017 3:46 pm

Me too!

I think you’re right, everything is opening up! Transparency has to be a good thing 🙂

January 22, 2017 4:59 pm
Reply to  Alouetta

I’m not an USAean and I’m a swm AND I think we’ve a spoilt brat as potus. He’s is an embarrassment. I think his arrogance to women and to ppl from outside the wasp groupings will help bring him undone, if not down.

But his financial bravado, read stupidity / naivete, and his ‘foreign’ foreign policies will be equally in deficit. He will have to fight a ‘who’s who’ of opposition.

How did you guys end up with someone worse than Dubya?

amazonalison
amazonalison
January 22, 2017 11:03 pm
Reply to  Jokerman

I did not think it would happen, either. Never say never, I suppose.

Can you imagine how gleeful he must be at this presidency? “Hey, mom, dad, I’m no longer the worst president ever!!!”

January 22, 2017 11:18 pm
Reply to  amazonalison

And he turns to Jeb and says, “You were never in the running”

January 22, 2017 11:29 pm
Reply to  Jokerman

So just to lighten it up, this gave me the perfect opportunity to break it off with someone I was not wild about. He made it clear that he thought the March was about whiners and I told him I don’t sleep with the enemy. Done deal after a few back and forth comments with him trying to backpacker and explain his latent feminism. Feel great! No comments please Lindsey. Not interested in your take.

January 23, 2017 4:53 am
Reply to  Redsonya

Best breakup line ever.

January 23, 2017 3:45 pm
Reply to  Redsonya

Sounds like a good riddance, Redsonya! Good for you! 🙂

January 22, 2017 5:00 pm
Reply to  Alouetta

‘psychic colonic’ — great image, thanks

January 22, 2017 6:13 pm
Reply to  Alouetta

Haha! I think it *is* like a psychic colonic! Good term for it!

How did we get someone worse than Dubya? …..because everyone has been asleep, and we also have a lot of people here not capable of critical thinking, and we have a lot of people who don’t vote at all –apparently 47% of eligible voters, and it has been studied that people who don’t vote would most likely vote democratically if they did– and, we have the electoral college (cheetoh did not win the popular vote). I’m sure there are other reasons, too, it’s not just one thing…..

Year of the Phoenix
Year of the Phoenix
January 22, 2017 7:30 pm
Reply to  flowerchild

Yeah to me that electoral vote must be open to corruption when such a small group vote for who wins…

January 22, 2017 8:30 pm
Reply to  flowerchild

As I understand it, it is who gets the most electoral college votes wins power. A bit like in tennis where you can win the games count but lose the set count.

Eg: 6-4, 0-6, 7-5, 1-6 & 6-4. The person wins 3-2 but lost the game count 20-25. The 98 federal election in Aust had the same type of outcome. Beazley won the ‘raw’ vote but Howard won more seats.

Rules should reflect reality.

Year of the Phoenix
Year of the Phoenix
January 23, 2017 2:42 am

Riiiight very interesting PI

January 23, 2017 4:50 am
Reply to  flowerchild

A friend was telling me about republican gerrymandering too, which sounds like it should be illegal but it isn’t. I guess there’s a whole host of reasons for him. One couldn’t be enough!

January 22, 2017 2:36 pm

“to portray feminism as a hobby for myopic, white middle-class ladies – like needlepoint, but angrier – misunderstands both a history starred by Sojourner Truth, Annie Kenney and Huda Sha’arawi and the present movement’s dynamics.”

great article here:

January 22, 2017 3:05 pm
Reply to  Gemyogi

Oooh, thanks, great article! 🙂

And to anyone who thinks feminism is a ‘hobby’, I say….. Hobby THIS!!! *middle finger*

That said, you do know about the Ladies Sewing Circle & Terrorist Society, right?! They’ve been around a long time:
“Well behaved women rarely make history”

Women know how to create community, we’re good at this! We can build solidarity and help women who have internalized misogyny, too. And thank you to all the male allies who came to the marches to support, too!

January 22, 2017 4:59 pm
Reply to  flowerchild

YES! in Australia we have KNOT — the Knitting Nannas of Toolangi (an area that has old growth forests they are ‘knitting’ to raise awareness about — and save.

Those women are not white, middle class ‘ladies’!! <3

January 22, 2017 5:01 pm
Reply to  flowerchild

One of my US friends recently changed her facebook profile pic to:

A woman’s place is in the resistance

January 22, 2017 6:08 pm
Reply to  Gemyogi

Awesome! 🙂

baristagem
baristagem
January 23, 2017 1:45 pm
Reply to  Gemyogi

That’s fantastic!

I changed my research thesis late last year to focus on feminist economics, I’m so excited!

baristagem
baristagem
January 22, 2017 2:00 pm

How amazing was that!! All the footage and following social media of the millions of people, it was incredible! It struck something deep within that’s for sure! So many great placards – “If it wasn’t for Hermoine, Harry would have been dead in book one”, “Melania, blink twice if you want us to save you”, “Same shit different century”, “To all the little girls watching right now: You are valuable & powerful & deserving of every chance in the world”. So many more. We were listening to Madonna sing Express Yourself & then we pulled up her album and starting… Read more »

January 22, 2017 2:29 pm
Reply to  baristagem

So much love. I was at a wonderful festival in Hobart, and slightly sad to miss the Melbourne women’s march.

But I have a feeling this movement will only gain power!! See you at the next one! I’m in this for the looooonng haul, baby 😀

January 22, 2017 5:29 pm
Reply to  baristagem

HELL YEAH!

January 24, 2017 2:45 am
Reply to  baristagem

That is awesome.

January 22, 2017 12:44 pm

I distrust all politicians, but yeah….it’s interesting that’s for sure. More female empowerment!

January 22, 2017 11:15 am

YES!!! WE ARE THE ONES WE’VE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!! 🙂

Eris on Uranus in Aries (and, personally, on my NN) ……so powerful!

This is gonna be good….

One of my favorite signs I saw online said “I would NOT wanna be the guy who pissed off ALL these women!” Hahahahahaha! SO good!

January 22, 2017 2:28 pm

Love

LiberatingVenus
LiberatingVenus
January 22, 2017 11:06 am

Remember, remember the 8th of November; the government treason and plot. I know of no reason why the government treason should ever be forgot…

Saoirse Kirke
Saoirse Kirke
January 22, 2017 6:57 pm

!!!

Stella Polaris
Stella Polaris
January 22, 2017 11:05 am

Early March will be near International Women’s Day on 8th.

gogengo
gogengo
January 22, 2017 10:44 am

I went to DC + it was fucking amazing.

Women of all colors, ages, sizes holding and supporting one another

Today I rest, tomorrow I travel

And then I get to work.

January 22, 2017 9:57 am

I am so sick of the haters. If I stayed online I would have no hope. Can’t wait to see you all in person at the next march! I know one is coming up for climate change. I am happy to host people who want to travel to DC to attend. ??

hdq
hdq
January 22, 2017 11:19 am

Seriously, whoa! These comments are making me sad. I marched in SF with my daughters and the energy was amazing. Solidarity and love and progress and hope. 80% of us didn’t vote for cheetoh and we finally found a way to counter the conservative middle America as majority (they’re not) narrative. We also found each other. <3

January 22, 2017 11:29 am
Reply to  hdq

I’m surprised at some of the comments here, too. Perhaps MM’s site is being trolled..?

Anyway……those folks can’t hold back the power and flow of what took place yesterday. Power to the people! 🙂

January 22, 2017 3:53 pm
Reply to  hdq

There are so many trolls online it’s hard to know when someone is being real or being paid. That said – some of the women here I have been communicating with for years now. So, while I obviously wouldn’t open my house to anyone online, I do feel I know some women here, would love to meet them, and do live close to DC. I won’t name them all because I won’t remember them all. But I know you all but feeling. <3

January 22, 2017 2:31 pm

Yes. the saddest thing is women who denigrate feminism and other women who act politically or resist.

But the weekend and the media, facebook, etc. I’ve read and heard have been overwhelming positive.

Haters gonna hate. Ignore them.

‘When they go low, we go high’ <3 <3

Leo-Scorp Grrrl
Leo-Scorp Grrrl
January 22, 2017 9:28 am

Well said. How the left ignored the human atrocities inflicted up women in some of the countries under the prior political regime in the US sickens me. To not label the extremists as such, to not denounce horrible practices. and to turn the blind eye for fear of offending someone of the same gentle version of that culture is itself a crime.

January 22, 2017 9:55 am

So – what’a your point? We should shut up and take it now? Will that help women around the world? This level of reasoning is why a fascist is taking over our media. I am not perfect but I choose love. Try it. Try rephrasing your complaint as something you can lovingly take action on. We need to be united.

Lindsey
Lindsey
January 22, 2017 11:22 am

And so does unjustified anger…..

SkorpThis
SkorpThis
January 22, 2017 9:04 am

I dunno. How about marching for women all over the world who are oppressed at all times in all ways by regimes and religions? How about that? How about standing up for the ones cowed by strictures and norms and patriarchy and punishment and torture and death? Wha….? No takers? Hmmmmmmmmm.

January 22, 2017 9:56 am
Reply to  SkorpThis

Did you even read the signs? What do you think just happened? Why are you clinging to fear and hate?

Lindsey
Lindsey
January 22, 2017 11:21 am

Your words insult Skorp 12th house. To resort to name calling demeans what you claim you stand for.

January 22, 2017 11:26 am
Reply to  Lindsey

Where is the name calling? I don’t see any..

Speaking of names….is your real name Kellyanne, by any chance..?

dizzarina
dizzarina
January 22, 2017 11:58 am
Reply to  Lindsey

I don’t see any name-calling. Only questions.

Suzi
Suzi
January 22, 2017 2:44 pm

*** LIKE 🙂

embarkons7
embarkons7
January 22, 2017 4:36 pm

Hell yes: epic reply.

I know that your posts on current events often ft these kind of comments, but I love them and they make me feel connected to the overall rad community here and the zeitgeist. Love.

amazonalison
amazonalison
January 22, 2017 10:59 pm

A lot of women all over the world marched as well. While this may have started in America in response to the presidency, many women that were there DO support equal rights for women all over the world. Every movement has it’s beginning somewhere, and as long as we stay committed and mobilized, we can change anything, anywhere!

January 22, 2017 11:25 pm
Reply to  amazonalison

Perfect summary!

zenduende
zenduende
January 23, 2017 4:57 am

Brava MM. I’d only add, in a manner to reply to something said earlier, that it was a stand against Trump in so much as he is currently – regardless of whether we like it or not – a figurehead for a very ugly, divisive side of humanity.

One that is rearing its big, ugly head once again *sigh* to appease the 1%’s greed. And that tweeting is sooo Gemini.

January 23, 2017 5:19 pm

I can’t wait for you to become Melania’s astrologer, Mystic! Xx

UltraSag
UltraSag
January 23, 2017 12:36 pm
Reply to  SkorpThis

you’re quite right, let’s all sit home and do nothing about anything, just like you.

Electro
Electro
January 22, 2017 8:37 am

All the pictures are so beautiful. Had a nice cry yesterday when I realized how huge and global this event was. Such positive energy supporting the feminine. And all those pussy cat hats! Can you imagine the energy stirring all that knitting roused up? I was so gung ho about going to DC for this, and could have easily reserved a bus seat leaving locally. But then something stopped me and it turns out I wouldn’t have been able to go anyway due to being sick. Eris is natally a few degrees from my south node in the 6th house… Read more »

hermeslove
hermeslove
January 22, 2017 7:10 am

Trump is the catalysts for the rise in equality and respect in all people . I hope that we are over 51 percent in consciousness uniting for Truth . That is when Love will be the new policy .

Lindsey
Lindsey
January 22, 2017 6:56 am

I dunno – I’m more inclined to avoid making judgements until the record is in. Besides I truly believe the time for protest was against Billy and his very long history of abuse while Hillary sat by, enabling him for her own benefit. Not that I think Trump is spotless, he isn’t. Few, if any, are. But nothing is going to change the election results. So rather than looking backwards, my attention is on the future and seeing what Trump actually does. I’ve worked within sr. government circles of both persuasions long enough to know that words spoken during campaigns… Read more »

January 22, 2017 7:24 am
Reply to  Lindsey

No one marched to dispute his presidency. That would have happened before the inauguration. They marched to say they wil not give up their right to a legal and safe abortion, to equal treatment under the law, to safety for immigrant children, to access to health care and other human rights issues Trump has said he is against and has already started to take action against. This wasn’t about Trump personally. Or him cheating on his wives. Trump lost the popular vote. These are voters expressing their concerns. Government is for the people. This was just the first march. We… Read more »

Lindsey
Lindsey
January 22, 2017 4:33 pm

No one marched to dispute his presidency. Say it often enough and some might even believe you!

January 22, 2017 11:22 pm
Reply to  Lindsey

That’s the truth Lindsey. No one cares if you personally believe it.

Electro
Electro
January 22, 2017 8:49 am
Reply to  Lindsey

This wasn’t an anti Trump march, although I’m sure the sentiment was present. This was about calling attention to rights and beliefs. It is about moving forward and showing solidarity.

January 22, 2017 11:23 am
Reply to  Lindsey

Yeah, this wasn’t about the election results or the popular vote dispute.

We’ve already seen some of what Trump plans to do, and is doing currently, such as dismantling the ACA, with no good replacement plan, doing away with the endangered species act, and continuing to rev up the attack on women’s reproductive rights, just to name a few diabolical things…. what else are you waiting to see? Isn’t this enough to show his and the GOP leaders around him character, mindset, and intent?

Inaflash
Inaflash
January 25, 2017 12:38 am
Reply to  Lindsey

Nah, fuck him. Fuck him, fuck his racist self serving agenda. Remember when someone shows you who they are, believe them. Times were good under Bill Clinton. They aren’t there anymore and when Donnie Dump kills us all you can’t blame Hilary for it

January 22, 2017 6:10 am

On the one hand, i am happy people are taking a stand. I am proud of my friends going and the signs they made.
But again, it is mostly mainstream sanitized white woman feminism that is being highlighted, so i am kinda disappointed, but you can’t have everything. Like how sex workers were un-invited to join unless they considered themselves exploited. So …not all women were invited..ugh….

January 22, 2017 6:22 am
Reply to  marsbar

Also i would like to reccomend the movie “Hidden Figures” if it is in your area. It is just a lil Disney, but overall a touching story of 3 women who worked for NASA during the 60’s and their struggle.

January 22, 2017 6:30 am
Reply to  marsbar

Why do you say that? I saw all sorts of women and all sorts of signs including one that said “sex work is work”. No one was invited that I know of. I wasn’t invited. I showed up.

CleverUserID
CleverUserID
January 22, 2017 6:50 am

yep, all the women i know who went went of their own free will, no invitation, no matter where they marched, washington, NYC, local rallies. it was an organic upspringing, grass roots at it’s finest as far as i am aware. but maybe i missed something.

January 22, 2017 9:12 am
Reply to  CleverUserID

I put the link one comment above. Basically Big Feminism supports you if you have been exploited for sex or if you are pro-choice, but leave out support for sex workers who don’t feel exploited (unless in Canada or other select cities that amended the statement) and if you happen to dislike Trump AND be pro-Life then they def don’t want you at the march.

January 22, 2017 9:50 am
Reply to  marsbar

I call bullshit. I have not read Big Feminism article because I am sick of finding ways to rip us apart. Anyone with any message or gender or political affiliation was free to attend. As for abortion, no pro-choice woman is going to make a pro-life woman have an abortion. Taken the other way, someone will loose. This isn’t about satisfying every scenario – it’s about fighting for our human rights and the integrity of our media. If I stayed home and just read shit like this online I would have no hope, which is why I am so glad… Read more »

January 22, 2017 4:00 pm

See I love how all pro-life women are lumped into the same category. But have you considered that some pro-life women actually are closer to pro-choice? Not all are the same. Can the feminist movement really afford to alienate possible allies? They sure act like they do. I myself am pro-life in that I would never personally abort even if I was raped because I consider having a baby to be a privilege, a privilege I was never afforded and will soon be too old to do. But does that mean I want to keep other women from having access?… Read more »

UltraSag
UltraSag
January 23, 2017 12:33 pm
Reply to  marsbar

‘Possible’ allies?

Please.

If you don’t believe in a woman’s autonomy over her own body, there is no common ground and there never can be.

hdq
hdq
January 22, 2017 10:37 am
Reply to  marsbar

Sf march was totally intersectional. The white woman narrative is a ploy to discredit it. Don’t be fooled.

January 22, 2017 3:47 pm
Reply to  hdq

I think it is OK to criticize a movement one may be a part of or like. Keeps it honest instead of just letting things slide.

January 22, 2017 11:20 pm
Reply to  marsbar

Only if you are offering a better alternative in my opinion. If you are sitting at home criticizing a March involving 2.5 million people that was totally non-violent and international with no better options, it’s really just negativity.

January 22, 2017 11:11 am
Reply to  marsbar

Um…..that wasn’t true of the marches in San Francisco and Oakland. Everyone was welcome, and it wasn’t a white woman feminism vibe.. Just sayin’….

January 22, 2017 3:45 pm
Reply to  flowerchild

I didn’t say everywhere was like that. Canada and I’m sure SF made sure to reword things.

January 22, 2017 2:45 pm
Reply to  marsbar

Re the pro life contingent- http://nymag.com/thecut/2017/01/pro-choice-and-pro-life-feminists-at-the-womens-march.html

Re the sex work statement- https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/m.mic.com/articles/amp/165768/sex-workers-womens-march-on-washington-solidarity

Sorry marsbar, i don’t agree. It’s unreasonable to think that one event could get everything ‘right’ all the time for everybody but they did a pretty good job. It seems like they’ve responded quickly and maintained open lines of communication in what must have been a terrifyingly huge undertaking. And that includes taking on early criticisms about white feminists leading the event with the choice of co-chairs.

Virgo Ellie
Virgo Ellie
January 22, 2017 4:10 pm
Reply to  marsbar

I agree!!

January 22, 2017 5:36 am

I saw one photo, placards against a statue, I tend to avoid actual politics for all sorts of reasons but this image set me on fire .. I swear I must have been some kind of warlord in the past for the energy it inspires in me (not the carnage in itself but the righteous anger and furious vengeance), yes the eris on a chart angle etc , for a Gemini like trump who knows, maybe all those real live people made a dent (my fave placard, “Melania – Are you OK?”)

Betty X
Betty X
January 22, 2017 11:41 am
Reply to  Sam

married to Trump? She’s NOT ok. Read about the other ex’s said about Trump. An abuser rarely changes overnight. One day we will read her memoirs and the truth will come out.

January 22, 2017 5:03 pm
Reply to  Betty X

Uranus on her sun will be interesting.

January 22, 2017 5:18 pm
Reply to  Sam

In the 11th or 12th. Maybe a “Cause Celebre” when she breaks free?

January 22, 2017 11:08 pm
Reply to  Jokerman

There is a whole series of memes with “blink twice Melania and we will save you girl!”. She is so not okay.

Unicorn Sparkles
Unicorn Sparkles
January 22, 2017 5:29 am

Love that last pic. Witches unite.

January 22, 2017 2:23 pm

Me to! xx

January 22, 2017 2:24 pm
Reply to  Gemyogi

*too! (urgh)

January 22, 2017 4:59 am

“When Eris met Uranus”

“Ill have some of what she’s having”

I didn’t like HRC but l like The Orange Ruffy even less. Him being power will almost certainly mean the Dems will regain power next time and possibly sooner than we think. I see him as the “Black Knight” in the “Holy Grail”; defending nothing for no reason.

. Worse still he has emboldened Right-Wingers throughout the West. I think the ‘machine’ eats the well-intentioned as well as the corrupt.

J-J
J-J
January 22, 2017 3:31 pm
Reply to  Jokerman

Hey PF – I get your point but it’s unfair to Orange Ruffies – amazing ancient fish – highly evolved creatures of the sea.
Obs me fishy ….

January 22, 2017 5:14 pm
Reply to  J-J

And very delicious.
Sorry to the Fish and Narryx Roughhead.

January 22, 2017 5:15 pm