How To Approach Uranus Return

Attractive much older male model on the catwalk

Uranus Return occurs at about the age of 84 years and Chinese actor-model-DJ-artist-athlete (he is an official five hyphen personage) Deshun Wang is nearly there, having turned 80 “in September.”   He’s fierce, obviously.

From the New York Times:

Before cranking up the techno music at his 80th birthday party, the man known as “China’s hottest grandpa” paused from his D.J. duties to poke fun at the country’s staid traditional celebrations for the elderly.

“I should wear a long robe, with the word ‘longevity’ embroidered on the front,” the birthday boy, Wang Deshun, said at his party in September.

Far from looking frail, the silver-haired actor, model and artist wore a crisp white shirt and black jeans, his back straight and his eyes glittering with humor.

“Two young maidens should help me into an old-style wooden chair,” he added, pretending to hobble.

Determined to avoid mental and physical stagnation, Mr. Wang has explored new skills and ideas while devoting ample time to daily exercise. Last year, he walked the runway for the first time, his physique causing a national sensation. He takes obvious joy in subverting China’s image of what it means to be old.

SO, infuriatingly i can’t find any more of an exact birth date than September 1936 but this does throw a few interesting astrological morsels to chew over.  He is either Virgo or Libra.  He is definitely Mercury in Libra as it was there all month, longer than usual because of a Retrograde.  He’s got Lilith and Venus in Libra.  MARS could be in Leo or Virgo but i am totally picking Mars in LEO here.

Jupiter in Sagittarius squares Saturn in Pisces – who says mutable squares can’t be amazing?  And this advice from him reflects that: “Don’t be afraid to start over if you’re stuck in a routine that’s no longer appealing or authentic to you. People can change their life as many times as they wish.”

THOUGHTS?

scorpiodawn
scorpiodawn
March 14, 2020 6:05 pm

wonder if he takes reishi? 😂

Unicorn Sparkles
Unicorn Sparkles
November 8, 2016 2:49 am

love ??

Unicorn Sparkles
Unicorn Sparkles
November 8, 2016 2:50 am

?? Was <3

November 7, 2016 11:18 pm

Read about him recently , he is one of my guiding stars!

November 7, 2016 7:02 pm

I like the reinvention quote…

Pegasus
Pegasus
November 7, 2016 5:13 pm

In noticed him when he was featured in the news and thought ‘at last a hot older man’ as so few about, so many lose their spunk after 50 years so a man who doesn’t is super attractive. THIS is my sorta man and Japanese to boot.
I would be the ‘younger woman’ to HIM….lol.

November 7, 2016 6:30 pm
Reply to  Pegasus

I still gotta Deshun Wang

November 8, 2016 2:18 am
Reply to  Pegasus

I saw a 1930s play by Antonin Artaud a few years ago, choreographed / directed by an older woman who was present at that performance, and spoke. All the actors were men, different “races”, and dancers. Artaud was apparently insane. The play was properly surreal / dadaist, in my view (my soul-preferred art genre). All i could think was, if i’m going to grow old with a man, let him be a dancer. The oldest one, and the most beautiful energetically and in quiet confidence, winked and smiled at me after in a non-sleazy way. He caught my appreciation, and… Read more »

baristagem
baristagem
November 7, 2016 2:21 pm

So so great!

flowerchild
flowerchild
November 7, 2016 2:15 pm

LOVE this! I saw a video interview with this guy awhile back on Facebook, and found him very inspiring! I’m having a mid-life crisis (nearing 50) and I’ve been looking to people like him to see how you can absolutely ROCK the second half of your life — just keep moving! Move your body! Reminds me, my grandmother started doing yoga in her 70’s, and lived to be 95, and in great shape, mind and body. She was a Scorpio Sun — the rejuvenation factor, there? “Don’t be afraid to start over if you’re stuck in a routine that’s no… Read more »

Pegasus
Pegasus
November 7, 2016 5:21 pm
Reply to  flowerchild

Yes, reinvent yourself! Soixante neuf is December for me and after 25 years of bodywork it’s either stop altogether or create a new way of being if the old way let’s me go that is.
I get more looks now from the opposite sex than ever before probably due to deportment and figure rather than face else coz i sure ain’t free of..umm..character lines.
What i love about my advanced age is that i answer to no-one but myself.

flowerchild
flowerchild
November 7, 2016 9:40 pm
Reply to  Pegasus

Ah! This is all AWESOME, Pegasus!

I’m just starting to receive that gift in life, too, of answering to no one, it’s so freeing and peaceful!

Here’s to keeping going! : )

November 8, 2016 2:11 am
Reply to  Pegasus

Soixante-neuf, you Dirty Girl! Brilliant, Lady Pegasus!

Deportment does very much rock, as does answering to your wicked self. You’re always an inspirational voice, Pegasus xx

embarkons7
embarkons7
November 7, 2016 12:03 pm

Very cool!!

I just read a similarly inspiring article about the 80 year old Taurus Glenda Jackson, an infamous brilliant actress when she was young who then had an 20+ year career in Parliament and who has now, at 80, returned to the stage to take on the maybe the most daunting (and traditionally male) role in Shakespeare — and is killing it: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/07/theater/review-glenda-jackson-rivets-as-king-lear-in-her-return-to-the-stage.html

Her Astro is here: http://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Glenda_Jackson

November 8, 2016 2:08 am
Reply to  embarkons7

Whoah now THAT’S exactly the power of live theatre. A visceral challenge to ideas that only goes so far in film (and that’s from a 12th house stell-rise, and Piscean Sun in the 5th house).

Thank you for sharing it!

November 7, 2016 11:56 am

Are the ppl behind wearing Air Bag Suits so they don’t injure themselves when they twist an ankle?

scorpiodawn
scorpiodawn
November 7, 2016 10:22 am

inspiring. like the thought of starting again

November 7, 2016 11:35 am
Reply to  scorpiodawn

But you are only halfway there

November 8, 2016 2:05 am
Reply to  Jokerman

Powderfinger, you are teasing a Scorpio!!!

November 8, 2016 2:30 am
Reply to  milleunanotte

It’s my early bday present for her.

scorpiodawn
scorpiodawn
November 11, 2016 8:51 am
Reply to  Jokerman

only jus seen this!
thanks for the ‘pressie’ pf x

November 11, 2016 10:05 am
Reply to  scorpiodawn

Schucks

Skarab
Skarab
November 7, 2016 8:26 am

Wow. I had to dig further (my Scorp stellium is aroused). Not sure how reliable this is, but i found his birthdate on this site: http://mydramalist.com/people/11197-wang-deshun/biography It’s given for 30th Nov 1935. Obviously, Jupiter & Saturn would still form a mutable square. His Sun-Jupiter-Mercury are in Sagg all conjunct his MC. Defo “out there” & in public eye. Venus in Libra ( yup – he’s gorgeous) as are Ceres & Athena Moon-Mars conjunct in Capricorn – instinctive with an ability to act decisively by applying a consistent will directed toward achieving aims – for sure: “Many people started noticing me… Read more »

Skarab
Skarab
November 7, 2016 8:39 am
Reply to  Skarab

Oops – since there’s no birth time (i did it for midday) there’s no way of knowing the House placements – so his Sun/Jupe/Merc are prob not conjunct MC – but it looks good…sorry about that – got carried away.

November 7, 2016 11:34 am
Reply to  Skarab

Sagg StrutMan (c)2016TM.

Skarab
Skarab
November 8, 2016 1:57 am

Yes i know weird. The date for his party was given at 20th September – go figure.

What’s also confusing is that in China, when you are born, you are not 0 yrs old – you are 1. Plus they used the Lunar calendar. So age can be confusing when translated to Gregorian calendar?

PlutoMoon
PlutoMoon
November 7, 2016 7:46 am

LOVE! I hope I am this badass when I am 80. So far 46 is trying to kick my ass though, lol. Maybe I need a reboot like this guy suggests.

November 7, 2016 11:37 am
Reply to  PlutoMoon

55% of the way. So far so good.

LiberatingVenus
LiberatingVenus
November 7, 2016 7:15 am

New #MostInterestingManInTheWorld??

Side note: Not a fan of the ageist BS Dos Equis beer pulled with their OG Brand Ambassador during the Saturn/Neptune Square! Don’t care how old the actor was; he had swag!

AnkhRising8.0
AnkhRising8.0
November 7, 2016 6:40 am

Wow he is so boss! I’m a believer: mutable squares *are* amazing 😉

katycoyote
katycoyote
November 7, 2016 6:09 am

Pluto conjunct midheaven, grand cross with many mutable squares Jupiter conjunct Uranus opposition my ascendant , Saturn opposing Sun, Pluto opposing Chiron..shapeshifting regularly..currently have my Uranus opposition Uranus at 61. Much more subtle than my first Uranus return where to all intents and purposes I went more than a bit mad, moved to the other end of country, had more dreadful boyfriends than I care to remember, stopped working. Tut tut wasn’t in it…doing this one much more internally and making subtle changes…love the guy good for him. Yes if its not making you feel passionate about your life ,… Read more »

vircanaqua
vircanaqua
November 7, 2016 6:01 am

His advice just hit me in the gut

Triple Air Gem
Triple Air Gem
November 7, 2016 11:19 am
Reply to  vircanaqua

Snap!
He’s my new totem / spirit animal

inner_circle8
inner_circle8
November 7, 2016 5:52 am

Ugh represent. 11 September over here. Heheh love this. Totally relating right now too. I’ve been finally given some recognition at work and supported whole heartedly by a big gigantic sage in my chosen career. My Saturn Return is starting to pay off…whooohooo! Damn did I work my a** off. Reinvention is death but then you become a Phoenix so its all good. Over and over and over….

Starlush
Starlush
November 7, 2016 5:51 am

My spirit guide ?

Lili
Lili
November 7, 2016 5:36 am

Uranus return my MIL lost her much older husband, qi vamps, old clothes. He sucked her dry as he was ill and demanding. Super dutiful wife. She’s 88 now -maintains her pristine, elegant home, (Virgo/Leo) gardens, plays cards and at least once a week has a long day of lunch,concert and dinner. Eats super clean. Takes her grand kids on dates. Looks way younger than pre-Uranus return.

seawitchmermaid
seawitchmermaid
November 7, 2016 4:53 am

As the kids say these days, “goals af”

November 7, 2016 11:15 pm

Multiair
Multiair
November 7, 2016 4:28 am

Thanks for this Mystic. As someone with multiple mutable squares it gives me hope 🙂

vikingwoman
vikingwoman
November 7, 2016 5:33 am
Reply to  Multiair

Me too. I’m a exact Mutable Grand Cross with my natal Mars,Venus and SN in Sag Squaring my Saturn in Pisces. Uranus and Pluto conjunct together in Virgo opposing Chiron in Pisces18 degrees. Movement and growth/constant changing and variety of intellectual stimulus feeds my soul.

Being Fierce keeps me going.