Tenacity & Courage – Was It Her Scorpio Moon?

Scorpio Moon

Was it her Scorpio Moon, four planets in Virgo or the spunky Mars in Leo? Victoria Woodhull’s astrology has many signs of courage. Who was she? Victoria Woodhull was the first woman to run for president of the United States and she did it before women even had the right to vote.

A divorcee, single mother, feminist, clairvoyant, stock-broker and newspaper editor, she flouted convention. And she did not – like many – manifest all this from behind a barrier of privilege. The media called her a “vagabond.” Woodhull made herself from the ground up.

She Was A Quadruple Virgo Self-Made Vagabond

She was Sun, Mercury, Venus, and Jupiter in Virgo. Woodhull had Venus opposite Uranus and Mars in Leo. She was an unusual woman by any standards, let alone the narrow values of her era. She railed against sexual slavery, inequality and the oppression of minorities.

“Let women issue a declaration of independence sexually, and absolutely refuse to cohabit with men until they are acknowledged as equals in everything. The victory would be won in a single week.”
Her Scorpio Moon was conjunct Saturn. It can indicate an austere childhood, especially via the mother. Her Woodhull’s upbringing was rickety. In the end, she worshiped work, seeing female economic empowerment as the most important woman’s right of all.

Notorious

catfish moon
catfish moon
July 7, 2016 12:49 pm

I love this woman and only now just heard of her! I have Venus in Virgo in my 12th conjunct my Virgo rising. I get this. I agree!

Charlee
Charlee
July 7, 2016 2:28 am

Fascinating woman, what was her Lucky Star? She was so out there.

Virgo Ellie
Virgo Ellie
July 5, 2016 4:08 pm

The word feminism is so defined in a gray personalized room. I think of feminism as strength, beauty and confidence loving a man of determination.

I like that she is a smart cookie. I wish she had a man by her side. That is what I would like the first woman President to be like. Beautiful, emotionally smart, creative and smart standing next to a wonderful man making him look successful. Like Ronald and Nancy Reagan.

dizzarina
dizzarina
July 6, 2016 3:49 am

🙂

Sometimes I wish I had some Libra placements (Mercury would be awesome) in order to deal with statements like the above with aplomb, as you have here (and to great comic effect, I might add).

Instead, I have Mercury in Aries (close) conjunct Eris and (close) trine Mars in Sag. So I keep my mouth shut more often than not because I cannot debate with detachment.

dizzarina
dizzarina
July 6, 2016 3:51 am
Reply to  dizzarina

That was supposed to be a smiley face

virgolicious
virgolicious
July 5, 2016 8:03 pm
Reply to  Virgo Ellie

Virgo Ellie, you seem to have missed a few advances in women’s empowerment over the last century and more. Feminism means being able to stand in your own power, out of the shadow of a man’s ambition. It means not having to be beautiful in order to be heard. It means so very many things that are in exact opposition to much of what you have said above. Ronald and Nancy Reagan my arse. Those two have blood on their hands, from the ‘war on drugs’ to the AIDS crisis and more. I can’t even begin to say what I… Read more »

anpan
anpan
July 5, 2016 11:21 pm
Reply to  Virgo Ellie

Wha….?

ab
ab
July 6, 2016 11:54 pm
Reply to  Virgo Ellie

omg standing next to a man making him look successful.

Um ok.

Mate?

so the role of a first woman president is someone who is smart creative beautiful and makes her man look successful

Babes? Have you gone back in time.

I shall keep it there.

I don’t like how you said ‘smart cookie’ sounds demeaning

catfish moon
catfish moon
July 7, 2016 12:47 pm
Reply to  Virgo Ellie

Is this a joke? Seriously, is it?

July 5, 2016 3:20 pm

Oh wow, so much awesome!

fishgirl
fishgirl
July 5, 2016 5:07 am

This is fantastic! Thanks for bringing her to my attention. Love the quote about co-habiting. I don’t know a woman who has been married who would recommend co-habiting, within the current attitudes toward love, service, romance… etc X
Also adore the quote re: work, I read something similar in a memoir i recently read by a woman who discovered her husband was cheating after 30 years together. She write “time doesn’t heal grief… only work, and art…”.

July 5, 2016 1:31 am

An amazing soul ! How frustrating is it though that you could take her presidential platform from 150 years ago and put it in the mouth of a current candidate and it would still be relevant. All of the things she fought for still need to be achieved.

July 5, 2016 4:43 am

too right. I can imagine the decision now…
“fuq it” said Victoria to no one in particular, “I can’t be any less capable of the job than the rest of these idiots.” And with that she began her campaign.

Actually that would be more of an Aries approach.
then again, it sounds like she had a first house stellium perhaps and Jupes wouldn’t hurt.. hehe <3

baristagem
baristagem
July 5, 2016 2:31 pm

True.

I was just reading an article in the economist which basically said what we needed was what she said in the first quote.