Astrology love compatibility queries generally fall into five different camps. And they can be broadly answered with five distinct responses!
(1) Unrequited Love Agony. The unique hell of encountering your perfect-for-you, Everything person only they are not available for intimacy. Or they could be, but they are not reciprocating. But surely the Sun-Moon (or whatever) synastry is strong enough to make this manifest? Or, if it is never to be, why does it feel so potent? Is it psycho to do some sort of a, you know, ritual?
(2) The Great Escapees. They are stuck in a relationship that comes off more like an emotional gulag. Given the fragility, sulking in restaurants and terse attempts at so-called sex, surely there is some planetary juju en route that will blow the thing to kingdom come without the querent having to do anything? Or is the accelerating disrespect and quiet hissing in supermarket aisles to be considered normal for a long-term relationship?
The Five Main Astrology Love Compatibility Questions Answered
(3) Drought Phobia. The fear of there being nobody to pair-bond with, ever. They have worked on themselves and are ready for a balanced and mature, adult relationship. Rapport and chemistry, tender frivolity, movie dates, supporting mutual goals, nothing nuts. But the tundra is bare. Nobody seems to be presenting themselves. Is it time to devote oneself to art/cats/yoga/charity work/psycho workaholic moves and give up on, sob, love?
(4) Shame & Blame. What the fuq is up with the people of X zodiac sign? Why have I dated ten million of them in a row who are all precisely the same? Seriously, can we please take OUT the part of my birth chart that means X sign is the only one interested. Apart from celebrity X, i think the whole Sun Sign is scum. We should make it so that nobody can ever conceive one again. I am happy to pay for your advice on this. Oops, wait, he’s calling, omg.
(5) Fear of Love Devaluing. I am happy in love with snooky-boo-boo, whom i adore so much but terrified that it won’t last. What makes a relationship never end in astrology? Is there something that helps to tell you which last and which don’t?
From Love Drought Phobia To Emotional Gulags – The Five Answers
(1) Is it a repeated pattern to yearn for people who are not going to be hogging your blanket or leaving their grotty socks on the floor anytime soon? It could be a subliminal technique to score space and retain mystery/avoid intimacy. Astrologically, this falls under Neptune. The shamanic planet evokes love feelings most people would associate more with a religion. Look to your natal Neptune, Neptune by transit and of course, substantial Neptune aspects between the two people. Sometimes, people meet & have a primary connection but cannot be together straight away for reasons of practicality. However, you can’t lurk about in a state of zombie fixation, waiting for this day to come or consulting the Oracle/Tarot ten times a day. Get real with yourself and dispel foggy confusion around what you want. If it’s to be single, take out the zombie romances. Or, if you’re after a proper relationship, remove the time-wasters.
(2) Would-be Great Escapees are often hoping that something or someone will come along and spring them. A long shot like winning the Lottery or that a soulmate appears who also has a house and removalists ready. Anything but the grind of unraveling a long-standing relationship with probably shared offspring, resources, friends, and assets. But generally speaking, the next big eclipse or Pluto blast will be a catalyst. And if you take a good look at your natal chart, the chances are that Uranus or Pluto is buzzing about, making you sense just how far you’ve strayed away from your core self.
Dying relationships and the artifice you’re spending trying to keep them half-alive are energy vampires. You do need to escape, but the process will involve Saturn work: therapy, financial independence, and accepting reality. But anything is better than an emotional gulag.
Transformative Love Transits Don’t Necessarily Begin “Romantically.”
(3) There ARE certain times when romance/meeting prospective partners is more likely. It would make sense to leave the process to fate for most of the time but time your assertive love-finding efforts for the most potent romance transits. If you think about it, a business-like approach to the dilemma should yield results. Wait for a fabulous transit and then meet as many people as possible within that time, refusing to waste any time at all on players and future fakers. Do your internal work on the requirements. What is/is not a deal-breaker? Try to get the optimal balance between harsh cynicism and foolish naivety. Neither work.
(4) The chances are that you’re attracting this X Sun Sign because you have something to learn off them. Drill down to the critical trait of X and consider whether this is something YOU own but are not so good at expressing or dealing with. Or look at the part of your birth chart represented by X and do that in the highest style that you can muster. Bam. Problem sorted. Turn your phone off, treat the whole thing less like theatre sports, and go to yoga or kick-boxing.
After Uranus Opposition, You Won’t Want To Surrender Your Identity Into An “Us” Without Good Reason
(5) It can be heartbreaking, but relationships have eras. They’re often linked to the Outer Planets cycles. Uranus is seven years, and Pluto eras go for about 14 years. The seven-year itch is real, but longer relationships often sync to Pluto. A relationship or friendship that was perfect for one era may not align with the next. And to stay in it past time could stagnate the energy of both people. Saturn bonds between people are not usually considered romantic, but they often indicate enduring relationships.
Astrology love compatibility is more complicated than it seems. We are not static creatures, and the process of individuation that occurs at Uranus Opposition (age 38 to 42) usually ensures people are determined not to settle. Or surrender their unique identity into an “us” without good reason.
Access Horoscopes, Insta-Tarot, Oracle & more
Join the thousands of happy Mega Mystic members, who are enjoying Mystic’s unique, modern and empowering take on the ancient art of horoscopes & all things Astrology. With an all-access membership