Mars Opposite Neptune Aspects

moses

Mars opposite Neptune aspects can be problematic, but when they are applied to spiritual quests or creativity, the results are spectacular.

This is what Frida Kahlo emerged with after she read Freud’s Moses & Monotheism

She was Sun-Neptune in Cancer opposite Mars-Uranus in Capricorn and Leo Rising. Her Moon was exalted in Taurus and conjunct the Midheaven.  For extra volcanic intensity and depth awareness, she was also a Venus-Pluto person.

It is the perfect astrological signature for a grand-scale visionary artist. And the Moon-Midheaven often suggests a person whose work endures after their lifetime.

Seriously, click this pic to make it larger & wow out. She painted it the year of Saturn crossed her Sun Neptune conjunction. Mars opposite Neptune was a permanent catalyst for her Neptunian nature.

Image: Frida Kahlo – Nucleus Of Creation

aquaunrise
aquaunrise
March 28, 2016 5:28 am

I love this painting, Frida Kahlo’s art. I did see the film with Salma Hayak. The film was beautifully shot. How wonderful the combination of saturn with neptune were powerful forces contributing to her art. That’s sublimation in action…I feel this as a necessary them now to the backdrop to saturn neptune chiron T square, and the venus neptune conjunction which is soon to be square to the moon… If you, Mystic are interested in Freud’s Moses & Monotheism then a book I really enjoy occasionally perusing, after reading is this: The Gods of Freud: Sigmund Freud’s Art Collection, written… Read more »

Devonic1
Devonic1
March 28, 2016 1:13 am

Hieronymus Bosch rose from the underworld and took a stroll down a beach in Mexico. Further infuriating Diego…

The Venus Fly
The Venus Fly
March 27, 2016 6:38 pm

Though it will be small, I am excited to attend the exhibit touching on her and Diego’s relationship in a few months at the Art Gallery of New South Wales. One day, one day I will get to Mexico. All in good time ;P <3

Pegasus
Pegasus
March 27, 2016 3:55 pm

Life with a Moon conjunct Neptune midheaven and working out what’s real and what’s illusion!!!
It does give great fantasy head.

March 27, 2016 3:46 pm

Love it.

Jokerman
Jokerman
March 27, 2016 10:21 am

I just looked at what Neptune has opposed in my chart; not just Mars. It has dealt with my 2H stellium in the past few years, in order, Mars, Pluto (while that was opposing Asc & soon my Sun) & Venus. With Karma & Eros in that 5 placement conjunction as well. And bcos Neptune is my most aspected planet l feel like l’m drowning. And for a Waterlogged person that takes some doing.

Someone throw me a life-girl

Jokerman
Jokerman
March 27, 2016 9:58 am

The inspiration for “Sgt Peppers…” album cover?

skarab
skarab
March 27, 2016 12:04 pm
Reply to  Jokerman

Ha, yes – i also thought of Mati Klarwein’s art (who did album cover on Abraxas.)

Pegasus
Pegasus
March 27, 2016 3:50 pm
Reply to  skarab

LOVE the Abraxas cover, fab memories of life when that was released, much time spent looking into that painting.

Pegasus
Pegasus
March 27, 2016 3:52 pm
Reply to  Pegasus

And now collectable album cover art is gone with digital downloads the thing.

Skarab
Skarab
March 27, 2016 5:16 pm
Reply to  Pegasus

Well, that means that the albums we do have from yesteryear are worth shed-loads. And if only i had thought of that before giving the whole damn lot away 25 years ago! :/

Jokerman
Jokerman
March 27, 2016 6:44 pm
Reply to  Skarab

Dloads feel like nothing. I like the cardboard cd covers.

LiberatingVenus
LiberatingVenus
March 27, 2016 8:14 am

Kahlo’s sadness always stood out to me…she always seemed – at least to me – as being very much alone. I literally *feel* her Sun conjunct Neptune on Sirius, almost on what I imagine an empathic level to be. The terrible accident that left her body broken…her tempestuous marriage to Rivera where they slept separately…her sufferings with the pregnancies she had to terminate. That woman’s Journey was marked by much sorrow, but she transcended by turning it into Art

Scorpio_Rising
Scorpio_Rising
March 27, 2016 11:12 am

yes, I agree. She had a profound sense of suffering, modesty that you feel through her art.

Alouetta
Alouetta
March 28, 2016 2:05 am

Yes. In so many photos she seems so very alone, but also displaying a huge strength of character.
I love her art and can’t wait to see it and Diego’s in Sydney this year.

sphinx
sphinx
March 27, 2016 7:39 am

This is so cool! I haven’t seen this one. It reminds me of Hildegard of Bingen’s cosmic egg painting she channelled. I suppose all good artists are channeling themselves & I believe Frida knew she was doing that too.
I read that she directly painted her inner world, so really all those people-animals-gods are her multidimensional selves to my mind.
Maybe Saturn Neptune ignite her creative fires and draw these images to her.
I had that transit recently but I can’t see how it manifested clearly yet.
Now am a few deg’ off Sat-NN…

Scorpio_Rising
Scorpio_Rising
March 27, 2016 11:07 am
Reply to  sphinx

yes! It does remind of the cosmic egg!

Pegasus
Pegasus
March 27, 2016 3:49 pm
Reply to  sphinx

The Egg is one symbol that appears in nearly every interesting culture.
Used to make a joke about my crystal eggs being ‘new age sex toys’ but now there is a woman teaching women how to use a polished stone egg, quartz/crystal/fluorite whatever your fave, to strengthen PC muscles!
The Egg of Creation features in French Polynesian mythology in some wondrous paintings by Bobby Holcomb. You would love his colour palette Sphinx , very Leonic.

skarab
skarab
March 27, 2016 7:29 am

Talk about a Neptunian spiritual conglomeration. I once massacred a book in order to pin the page with this painting on to my bedroom wall. (This was before access to photocopiers, obvs)

In this following link you can read Frida Kahlo’s own words and explanation of the painting. If you scroll down to sections 17 – 25 it’s well worth it.

sphinx
sphinx
March 27, 2016 7:42 am
Reply to  skarab

Thank you – this is great to read about the painting in her own words!!

Libra Venus
Libra Venus
March 27, 2016 6:50 am

I love a lot of her work but not this one.

Too busy, too symmetrical.

Give me a Rothko any day.

Sun conjunct Neptune Scorp, venus in Libra

supakali
supakali
March 27, 2016 2:21 pm
Reply to  Libra Venus

i want a Rothko too (same placements)

monte
monte
March 27, 2016 3:55 pm
Reply to  Libra Venus

To Rothko or not to Rothko! A continuing problem I have. So simple that the paintings (copies) done in the play about him were problematic because they were too good! I think that’s right. Yet I can never stop myself from loving them.

Annica
Annica
March 27, 2016 6:02 am

Wow the pop culture of her time. IMagine if she had lived now. The painting migh be full of justin biebers, kardashians, etc…

March 27, 2016 6:41 am
Reply to  Annica

War refugees. Pope Francis. Pussy Riot.
🙂

March 27, 2016 6:43 am
Reply to  AnkhRising8.0

Kahlo was as political as she was spiritual.

Scorpio_Rising
Scorpio_Rising
March 27, 2016 10:53 am
Reply to  AnkhRising8.0

I’d like to believe she would chose Pope Francis and Pussy Riot, Malala and even Bernie Sanders etc vs vapid annoying pop stars that shill crappy products to consume. I think even Warhol would have been annoyed with these narcissistic twits.

Capala
Capala
March 27, 2016 1:48 pm
Reply to  Scorpio_Rising

have you seen David LaChapelle’s end of world photograph with some Kardashians? I love it.

Capala
Capala
March 27, 2016 1:49 pm
Reply to  Scorpio_Rising

although my daughter had to tell me they were Kardashians.

March 27, 2016 5:54 pm
Reply to  Scorpio_Rising

Agreed! Narcissistic twits is right.

Lili
Lili
March 27, 2016 5:37 am

We had a great exhibition of her work last year- with Diego at our museum. Amazing!!!

March 27, 2016 6:25 am
Reply to  Lili

Oh yeah, that’s right! And I couldn’t make it. Remorse. I imagine it was just… mind-blowing, overwhelming Awe.

March 27, 2016 6:37 am
Reply to  AnkhRising8.0

(I was laid up at the time, doing my own version of Kahlo at home. Guess what? It’s tough to paint while lying down! My hands kept falling asleep. She was so fierce!)

March 27, 2016 5:56 pm
Reply to  AnkhRising8.0

She also had a lot of opioid intervention, which I do not lol. But nevertheless– fierce!

March 27, 2016 5:06 am

Omg my fave Kahlo work! Yes, magnificent.

Pin It on Pinterest