Style Your Ascendant: Scorpio Rising

CRAWFORD , Joan , 1928, M-G-M , Our Dancing Daughters

How To Dress When You Are Scorpio Rising.

It is an astrological fact that you ideally look like your ascendant. A.k.a. your rising sign. Unsure of your Rising Sign? Get an Astral DNA for my unique, non-cliche and supportive take on your whole natal birth chart.

So if you are – say – a stealth Scorpio with Leo Rising, it’s auspicious to LOOK Leo. Even if your Scorpionic psyche shrivels at the mere thought of big hair, bling and a 20-meter radius ostentatious entitlement scent from a designer/model/celebrity you personally feel a psychological affinity with.

Life Force Is Their Key Accessory

Once I quipped that you spot a Scorpio Rising person via their resemblance to a vampire but the Scorpio rising aesthetic is more complex than that.  Their key vibe is the fixed gaze, stunning eyes and ability to appear completely relaxed in any circumstances or outfits. Note; that’s “relaxed” in the way that panthers or pythons ‘relax’ before they pounce or strike.

The eyes are the Scorpio Rising indicators. Above is Aries screen legend Joan Crawford and below is Aries screen legend, Bette Davis. Both have Scorpio Rising. Their enmity and highly camp feuding was legendary.  Bette Davis got her eyes immortalized in a song.  Hers is also the genius line, delivered with wry, dry gravelly cynicism and a tinkling beaker of gin; Fasten your seat belts, it’s going to be a rocky night.

Bette Davis

Voodoo Eye Magic

This voodoo eye magic lends itself brilliantly to hefty eye make-up – particularly winged eyeliner. See a Scorpio Rising and think kohl. Some of them are even kohl geeks, believing in the curative powers of the substance, a la Ancient Egypt and old style alchemy. Both the iconic opera singer Maria Callas AND eterna-cool muso Keith Richards are Sagittarius Suns with Scorpio Rising.  Diana Ross? Aries with Scorp Rising.

Keith Richards

Maria Callas

Diana Ross

Black Lace And Gothic

See also Gemini with Scorpio Rising Nicole Kidman (could this Ascendant be why she evokes such strong polarity with people?) with her ALSO Scorpio Rising Ex-husband Tom Cruise.  Eyes Wide Shut seemed like a TOTALLY Scorpionic film (pervy, inscrutable, arty, black lace masks, scary swingers parties in gothic mansions etc) and in fact, it was made by Stanley Kubrick – Leo with Scorpio Rising, FYI.

Scorpio Rising peeps are all about Authenticity. Fashion-wise, they do what they FEEL. And even when the stylist puts them in weird-for-them shit, they rise above it. Exhibit A – the Scorpio Rising Taurus Joanna Lumley.

Joanna Lumley

Scent By God

Scent wise, they prefer esoteric, meaningful scents to anything commercial. Like Aries people, they place high faith in the power of their personal pheromones. Anything their body can concoct is presumably better than something cooked up in a laboratory or perfected over a focus group pow-pow. They can look dignified in crazy crap and sexy in clothes that should not be sexy. Eg; another Taurus with Scorpio Rising – Katharine Hepburn:

Katharine Hepburn

They Are Reinvigorated By Drastic Image Morphs

To be Scorpio Rising is to be ruled by Mars and Pluto, the ruthless regenerators of the galaxy, Not only are they Fierce no matter what, they will power purge their closet and pull off a Phoenix-style image transformation with ease.  They cannot wear “weak” clothes. Over the top – yes.

Bjork is Scorpio Sun AND Rising. Prince is Gemini with Scorp Rising. They wear/do/say what the fuq they want.

Bjork

Prince

Scorpio Rising people specialize in devising and projecting iconic looks, that they become connected with. Jackie Kennedy Onassis, a Solar Leo, was Scorpio ascendant and in her day, probably the most clocked fashionista of all time.

Jackie Onassis 1

Jackie Onassis

Pluto In Scorpio Styled The Eighties

Pluto spent most of the Eighties in his home sign of Scorpio. The decade produced an endless stream of Scorpionic fashion and imagery.  It was a blur of overt shoulder pads, big concept makeup, nitro-musk fragrance, killer-heels, and dramatic waist “power suits.” It was also an era of black lace, transparent cut-outs in streetwear and huge hair.  Eighties Claudia Schiffer – a Sun Sign Virgo – owned that vibe.

Eighties Claudia Schiffer

Scorpio Rising is basically the only ascendant that can get away with untold black lace and power-dressing.

Finally, the ultimate Scorpio Rising fashion muse is the tragic, beautiful Leo/Scorpio Rising Mata Hari.

Magically Talismanic Clothes That Strengthen The Wearer

She was a circus horse rider, courtesan and performer executed (probably unfairly) by the French for espionage. She would base her costumes off colors she believed magically symbolic for her, ancient Indian or Chinese rituals and invocations to various gods.

“Remember that all my life as a woman, I have lived as Mata Hari, that I think and act as such, that I have lost all notion of travel, distances, dangers, nothing exists for me…I lose–I win–I defend myself when someone attacks me–I take when someone has taken from me”.

Mata Hari

5 3 votes

Jade
Jade
June 22, 2019 9:13 am

LMAO! I love the way Tom is glaring at Nicole like “Why the hell are you smoking that thing?” I’ve always noticed an intensity with her. Now I know why!

Domanique
Domanique
September 20, 2018 2:13 am

Strange that I’m a Scorpio rising but feel like dark eye makeup looks wierd on me. Everyone tells me it looks harsh on me and I don’t have the typical Scorpio features of dark hair and eyes and light skin. I actually have brown hair, hazel eyes and a light tan. It might be because I am a Gemini sun and aquarius moon so double air is more fun and bright but many people do feel instesity when I enter a room and say they felt intimidated before I started to speak and was extremely friendly as usual. I also… Read more »

april
april
January 3, 2019 3:54 am
Reply to  Domanique

I’m not sure how old you are, but it took me a while to grow & own the scorpio rising power-look. I’m 30 now, 31 soonish, and have just discovered eye makeup (! haha – I also used to feel like it looked weird, like “too much”) and have only recently come to own my “look” – it’s something I’ve toyed with my whole life but just couldn’t embrace until probably post-saturn return. 🙂

scorpiodawn
scorpiodawn
August 18, 2018 5:32 pm

jimmy page in his black velvet suit…..with his sun ,moon and rising sign embroidered onto it.
cap, cancer scorp

Hilarygherkin
Hilarygherkin
August 18, 2018 11:49 am

Could it be auspicious to channel an ascendant when it’s one’s progressed ascendant?
Natally I’m a Libra Rising but have a progressed Scorp ascendant and FEEL the deepest urge to accentuate my eyes with dark eyeliner-it’s literally the first thought I have upon waking after dream journalling.

scorpiodawn
scorpiodawn
August 18, 2018 5:27 pm
Reply to  Hilarygherkin

ooh good question…hope mystic answers!

Gwynne Montgomery
Gwynne Montgomery
August 22, 2015 10:24 pm

I’m a Virgo with Scorpio Rising, and my eyes are the makeup that I focus on. Love me some winged eyeliner, and I’m constantly experimenting with dramatic eye makeup.

ArienScorp
ArienScorp
August 20, 2015 10:35 pm

Bumpy . . .night. Good movie . . . All About Eve.

maru67
maru67
August 20, 2015 7:28 am

I don’t think I do my rising sign justice. I prefer to blend in and not stand out, which may be anathema to my Leo sun.

Khenemeti
Khenemeti
August 18, 2015 4:22 pm

Indeed

Kell
Kell
August 15, 2015 5:06 am

Cool post!! I love reading about women invading traditional male territory and owning it! So interesting how she rocked the Saturn/admin all those years, yet played the theatrical end to the hilt.

Once rode a plane with the WWF crew in the 80’s. They were like big adolescents- larger than life. Needed two seats apiece!! Very fun plane ride!

On Scorp stealth/ my boss is Toro- I have to announce my presence- in the outer office- she says I’m so quiet it startles her. Says I move like a cat. So I try to channel dogs around her.

Joey Wheeler
Joey Wheeler
August 14, 2015 4:02 pm

I’ve been working on a theory for a week or two…what if the Rising Sign we miss out on (by a minute or a day) manifests in us through Persona? In the case of Scorpio Rising, I present Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley. Daughter of the Chairman of the WWE (formerly WWF), the biggest and best-known wrestling/sports entertainment promotion worldwide, Stephanie was born as a 3rd generation child of a Dynasty, and heir to a million dollar company and an American cultural institution. Already this puts her in Scorpio territory. I remember reading somewhere that the United States are a profoundly Scorpio nation,… Read more »

Joey Wheeler
Joey Wheeler
August 14, 2015 4:47 pm
Reply to  Joey Wheeler

grr, wanted to post video evidence just then. just a little proof that sometimes paper CAN beat rock, and libra CAN beat scorpio. Chris had this coming.

LiberatingVenus
LiberatingVenus
August 14, 2015 7:03 pm
Reply to  Joey Wheeler

You know, pro wrestling isn’t my thing, but this was such a well thought-out, impassioned comment that fuq it, I’ll bite re: the musing on her ASC. Tropical Sagittarius is actually aligned with the constellation of Scorpio due to precession. If you delve into the Fixed Stars at all, you’ll note this area of the Tropical zodiac is a hotbed of malevolent stars, including Dschubba & Acrab in the Scorpion’s head. For your astrological pleasure & enlightenment, I submit the following into evidence: Vivian Robson had the following to say about Dschubba – “causes sudden assaults, malevolence, immorality & shamelessness”.… Read more »

Joey Wheeler
Joey Wheeler
August 15, 2015 1:16 pm

Wow, thanks so much for your kind words! I rarely ever comment, but when I do I like to do it right. I do hope no offence was taken to my delineating certain Scorpio characteristics. I know many a profound, heroic, astute, beautiful Scorpio, rising above their Low-vibe stereotype. I just find the low-rent version of any sign morbidly fascinating. Thank you also for taking the time to share your wisdom on Fixed Stars. I had no idea about them–this comment has prompted me to do an entire evening of fascinating reading and research, so I have to give you… Read more »

natalie le
natalie le
August 14, 2015 2:54 pm

Aquarius rising?

LunaGreen
LunaGreen
August 14, 2015 11:08 am

Thank you MM! Libra sun, Scorp rising with all the Saturn action in midheaven and 1st house…revamp of all things me. Now with Saturn about to move on, eclipse shadow, Venus Rx & all the Leo activity I’ve been working my aesthetic. Was digging through the site to find a post like this back in March-ish. But, finding it now is, of course, perfect timing. Preparing for a pretty big deal gig coming up at the end of September to showcase the metamorphosis. So grateful! Cat eyes it is! Feeling Lilith coming around something major. You ROCK!

Leo-Scorp grrrl
Leo-Scorp grrrl
August 14, 2015 8:41 am

So true! It took me a while to realize I feel more myself in Scorpio clothing than anything else. I am multi Leo- Sun-Venus -Mercury- Mars-Midhaven. People who don’t know me well can be surprised to discover I’m Leo. People who know me say “of course!” (Hair: long dark straight always shiny) clothes: black jewel tones propensity for sunglasses and leather but always match with great shoes -even if my fav boots) . make up: love black eyeliner! Don’t to to the store w/o a little.

Leo-Scorp grrrl
Leo-Scorp grrrl
August 14, 2015 8:43 am

Absent my exterior I have big heart and love to entertain and feed people. 🙂

scorpiodawn
scorpiodawn
August 14, 2015 12:38 am

awww wish I was scorpio rising…have to b content wit scorp sun…; ))

Rosa
Rosa
August 13, 2015 9:56 pm

My stepdaughter is a Scorpio Sun and Scorpio Rising and she’s got that constant wide-eyed blank stare going for her 24/7

AKAPluto
AKAPluto
August 13, 2015 9:54 pm

Yes to everything! Feeling some Scorpio rising PRIDE right now.

The eyes have it…so I’d like to add here that Scorpio rising people LOVE SUNGLASSES!

Oh and hats…the kind that make you look a little like a spy…because you have to stay classy when you’re undercover.

AnkhRising8.0
AnkhRising8.0
August 14, 2015 6:35 pm
Reply to  AKAPluto

Omg sunglasses have been my Thing as of late! Sunny, cloudy, outdoors, indoors, whatever– shades on. Feels like wearing an invisibility cloak. Love.

maru67
maru67
August 20, 2015 7:31 am
Reply to  AKAPluto

Oh yes, sunglasses. I have several pairs including a set of px. I’ve tried to “sell” them to others by stating that they’re an anti-ageing tool. 😉

August 13, 2015 5:51 pm

I was reading a little on Malcolm Mclaren today and then saw this post. I immediately checked his astro thinking Scorp asc. Alas no birth time. Anyway the most Scorpio album I’ve heard was his. The Paris album.

August 13, 2015 4:47 pm

I live for this series of posts!!!

It’s so true about the eyes—there is not a Scorp rising who can’t rock bold, dark eye makeup.

Power dressing! Of course! And v. true about ‘weak looks’ not working….I can’t see any of my scorp rising pals in floaty white chiffon.

And true about looking sexy in weird shit that ain’t meant to be! The pink panther outfit–she totally scorped that!

sphinx
sphinx
August 13, 2015 4:10 pm

Wonderful post. Just gorgeous! A face does really tell a thousand words, doesn’t it? I am actually fascinated with the astro that man who took on Bette AND Joan. Though the pic with Joan from the other article, she actually looked happy and soft about him. When you finish this cycle MM, I hope you do it all over again but with men (then with cats)!! 🙂 My lil’ Cappy is 5, Cap/Aqua stellium, Scorpio Rising. His energy is so otherworldly, self contained.. But the minute he focuses on you, his eyes are like blue lasers. Like he had too… Read more »

LiberatingVenus
LiberatingVenus
August 13, 2015 4:58 pm
Reply to  sphinx

LOL @ the Dune reference – perfect! I’m so wary of bringing up exes during Venus Rx, but this one’s on the other side of the country so I feel like I’m at least somewhat in the clear, LOL! But….. I have a Scorpio Rising Double Leo ex with eyes exactly like you describe. Crystalline blue and combined with (at the time, many moons ago) soft chestnut-brown hair just past chin length. It was a striking combination, the piercing eyes and the longer, dark hair. My sis is a 1 degree Scorp Rising with Pluto/Saturn conjunct, dark in hair &… Read more »

sphinx
sphinx
August 14, 2015 8:08 pm

Exes should be far away and beautiful (if possible) and always discussed during retro I think. Now I had to look up Iris, who, apparently, “Like Mercury, Iris bridges two worlds, carries the Caduceus, and connects to the underworld”. Which is funny because I am Gem Rising (Mercury as chart ruler) and funnier still as Iris s 29.5 deg Leo and my Mars is 0 deg Virgo, so exact conjunct my Mercurial Mars, BUT in my Leo Sun’s sign then also hanging out in my 3rd House Mars in Mercury’s sign of Virgo. Mercury, Mercury, Mercury!! What is your astro… Read more »

AnkhRising8.0
AnkhRising8.0
August 14, 2015 6:32 pm
Reply to  sphinx

“then with cats!” LOL yes!

snarkling
snarkling
August 13, 2015 3:58 pm

As a Capricorn with Scorpio rising, I’m still kinda trying to figure out how to apply this fully. I will say the eyes thing is totally true. I have startled people, had people stop me on the street, ask if they were real, every question under the sun about my eyes (though I don’t care for them particularly unless I am wearing heavy black eyeliner). Also the vampire thing, I can barely wear black without people asking if I’m going for that look. So glad this article came out!! Also any suggestions of merging Cap and Scorpio would be mighty… Read more »

MoonLilith
MoonLilith
August 14, 2015 1:04 am
Reply to  snarkling

I’m also Cap sun with Scorpio Rising (and Uranus conj Asc, Venus, North Node and a few asteroids in Scorpio). Have the same thing with the eyes but also struggle to merge with my Cappy side. So glad to have recently rediscovered eyeliner after a couple of decades of not touching it!

snarkling
snarkling
August 14, 2015 9:25 am
Reply to  MoonLilith

Yes! I have been neglecting eyeliner for about the lat 8-12 months and at the same time really haven’t been feeling myself. I put it on today for the new moon and am feeling much more comfortable!

VenusRules
VenusRules
August 14, 2015 12:48 pm
Reply to  snarkling

I’m a Scorpio sun and Cap moon, and I agree it can be a challenging pair of energies to integrate. I actually do have ways to have fun, but it generally isn’t what most other people think is “fun” in America. And with a very Saturnian chart, the last few years I know I’ve come off as very serious and probably glum all the time.

Leoscorpgem
Leoscorpgem
August 13, 2015 2:14 pm
Miss Miaow
Miss Miaow
August 13, 2015 12:09 pm

Yessss thank you! I have been waiting for this one for so long!

Willowwolf
Willowwolf
August 13, 2015 12:07 pm

Thanks for this Mystic. A much needed reminder of my heritage.
My Scorp ascendant is rather crowded with asteroids as well as Neptune & Venus – it can all get rather confusing. And as Pluto & Mars are part of my Virgo stellium – I need clarity 🙂
Interestingly, my daughter has Pluto rising & my mother has Pluto conjunct her Sun. We all have the eyes!

flowerchild
flowerchild
August 13, 2015 11:59 am

My brother is Scorp rising………and has massive Scorp stellium…..Moon, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, all opposite Saturn in Taurus……he married a Taurus Sun! He has Cap Sun, but he is SO Scorpionic!

Very intense guy, and it does come through his eyes, he does kind of see through everything and everyone to their core, very incisive……he’s very magnetic and charismatic and was kind of a natural ladies’ man but he’s channeled that responsibly since being with his wife, they’ve actually been together since 1992! They’re both in the medical field and are good surgeons…

The Venus Fly
The Venus Fly
August 14, 2015 3:46 am
Reply to  flowerchild

Many a Taurus/Scorpio couple – my parents are and have been together for 44 years (married 38).

serenity
serenity
August 13, 2015 11:37 am

I love Joanna Lumley. Funniest pair ever in Ab Fab.

Nicky b
Nicky b
August 13, 2015 11:11 am

Finally!!!!!! Now I can shop!!! I’ve waited so long….this series is SO GOOD and Perfect!!!

hdq
hdq
August 13, 2015 10:51 am

Mata Hari is scorp rising! She is practically a saint in my house, ever since we found out that she and not-so-little-anymore Leo/Scorp moon have the same birthday. I shared this post with her to her great delight. 🙂
Stunning, I think, is the correct SR descriptor. And, while I usually find the “scary Scorpio” thing shallow and cliche, for Joan Crawford and Bette Davis, it fits. They are seriously terrifying!

Skarab
Skarab
August 13, 2015 10:45 am

Great post. I wanted to be Maria Callas – stunning Scorp rising to the max. And god, Mata Hari ….to think she studied to be a kindergarten teacher, LOL.
Can i be honorary scorp rising? pls? it does rule my first house.
I’ll swap my Libra Rising for a Scorp rising – anyone?

Kell
Kell
August 15, 2015 4:53 am
Reply to  Skarab

Yes- all these life stories I harbor. My Gem Mars prefers transparency but I always see the hidden. Pluto in Virgo -I’m good at sussing out the faux. And the subliminal messages behind the adverts/commercials. My kids didn’t believe me when I told them that in the 70s the word “sex” was airbrushed all over the foreheads etc. of Vogue, Time mag etc.I was always the kid that could see it. Secrets- I try to live without needing them- since most people have zero ability to keep them. But to me they are sacred vows and I will have many… Read more »

wernerwinslowa
wernerwinslowa
August 13, 2015 10:24 am

Is there any chance we could get an addendum with some thoughts on daily / contemporary clothing choices? obviously I’ve got the femme fatale thing going but is it true, for example, that scorp rising also lends itself to a more androgynous look, given that suits & button-downs (i.e. dressing like a man) connote power in a patriarchal society? other sources tell me that my affinity for black, leather, red lipstick, etc are all scorp rising, which, sure, and as far as eyes & lips go, check and check, but since I’m not one for 80s or what have you… Read more »

Maxene Schreck
Maxene Schreck
August 13, 2015 12:00 pm
Reply to  wernerwinslowa

There’s actually an 80’s goth resurgence at least coming out of L.A. and New York. It’s kind of trendy to wear black clothing, witchy accesories and black lipstick, occult symbols, etc. right now…oddly enough.

I guess that doesn’t help much since that’s not what you are into but…it has become contemporary again.

Androgyny is king/queen though, I would love to see more of that from people!

August 13, 2015 12:08 pm
Reply to  wernerwinslowa

I like the polished look and I wear mostly solids. Not exclusively, but they definitley dominate my wardrobe. I also love skirts and dresses. Retro can also be good.

Maxene Schreck
Maxene Schreck
August 13, 2015 8:55 am

Oh god…I LOVE SCORPIOS. I love the essence of Scorpio and their style is my fave….their style is my own. Something about Scorpios really resonate with me. I think it’s so fitting that Pluto was in Scorpio in the eighties because I LIVE for the eighties. For dark eighties…like the deathrock scene in L.A. at that time and all the post punk and what we now call goth aesthetics and music. I still rock the deathrock look and have helped “DJ” many a Deathrock night here in Cincy. I live and die for dark aesthetics, always have. And intensity. I… Read more »

Ankhrising8.0
Ankhrising8.0
August 13, 2015 8:33 pm
Reply to  Maxene Schreck

Venus in Scorpio here, too 🙂 Conjunct Sun, 8th house.

August 14, 2015 6:05 pm
Reply to  Ankhrising8.0

I have 8th house Venus too but in gem.

Zelena
Zelena
August 13, 2015 8:54 am

This is a lovely post, I love most if not all of those gorgeous people, especially Prince. As my Sun is in Leo, my hair naturally fluffs up all by itself, but I’ll try for the Scorpio look to honour my ascendant. Actually usually I’m in camouflage mode and channelling my moon in Cancer extra hard shell…

August 13, 2015 7:34 am

When I first started reading fashion mags, I got the advice to choose either the lips or the eyes to focus on. I looked in the mirror and decided on my eyes. It’s been that way ever since. I own no lipstick, just Chapstick and a ton of eye makeup. I go through periods of flashy scorp and blend-in incognito scorp. It’s too draining to deal with too much attention. I met a friend of a friend recently, and she apparently was a little freaked because I seemed like I was looking through her. Solar Leo, Uranus in Scorp rising.… Read more »

SoloUnaSignora
SoloUnaSignora
August 13, 2015 7:43 am
Reply to  ampersand

I’ve got Uranus conjunct my Scorpio ASC. People stare (a situation that is doubtlessly exacerbated by the fact that Uranus makes oppositions to my Sun and Venus) a LOT. It drives me crazy because my natural tendency, and the way I’ve performed my ASC thus far in life, is for Incognito Scorp.

I’m trying to use Venus in Leo energy to convince myself to try out Flashy Scorpio just to see what happens.

August 13, 2015 8:40 am
Reply to  SoloUnaSignora

My ascendant squares my sun, and I definitley feel better as incognito. I tend to focus my Sag moon, not so much appearance as attitude to help me not vibe “leave me the fuq alone” too hard.

MoonLilith
MoonLilith
August 14, 2015 1:08 am
Reply to  SoloUnaSignora

Also have Uranus conjunct Scorp asc and I’ve noticed that people stare too. And then half of the people I meet (especially the starers!) then fail to recognise me the next time I see them. Weird.

August 14, 2015 6:06 pm
Reply to  MoonLilith

Must be the hypnotic effect 🙂

supakali
supakali
August 14, 2015 6:10 pm
Reply to  ampersand

well, Uranus, it’s unpredictable, unreliable – not saying you are, just that it could impact recognition that way?

August 14, 2015 6:22 pm
Reply to  supakali

Yeah, you’re right. As usual 😉 It’s such a weird energy to have and after a while you realize that reactions to your persona are atypical.

Then again, maybe we are. My husband, whom I met in 1997, still says that I’m unpredictable in a good way.

Nicky b
Nicky b
August 13, 2015 11:26 am
Reply to  ampersand

Uranus on the ascendant. Present. Solar leo. Scorp rising

Nicky b
Nicky b
August 13, 2015 11:30 am
Reply to  ampersand

And am always complaining. I prefer the hidden look…. Look. try to tune into the leo sun but it’s in the tenth and I end up feeling conspicuous-not to mention the attention. No. No thank you. Hat and glasses to cover the eyes. Minimize all contact, just hand over the coffee and nobody gets stung today….thank you very much. and then”Poof” we sink/slink back into the ether

August 13, 2015 12:14 pm
Reply to  Nicky b

Yeah I don’t know what it is about the Uranus on the ascendant. I have heard that we tend to be conservative looking. My theory is that it’s to compensate for intense eccentricity of the mind. Like a secret arsenal.

SoloUnaSignora
SoloUnaSignora
August 13, 2015 5:00 pm
Reply to  ampersand

What other aspects do you have, if any, besides the Sun square to ASC/Uranus? For me having Sun/Venus opposite Uranus in Scorpio on the ASC/DSC axis has played out via a combination of self-unawareness and attempted projection. I *think* that I do everything to try and make people overlook me, but I actually let my stand-out eccentricities unconsciously show themselves on the regular (and then get frustrated when people pay attention). I attempt to project in that I try to remain incognito and am quite deliberate about surrounding myself with pretty and unusual close friends and lovers. (It’s a bit… Read more »

Electro
Electro
August 13, 2015 6:55 pm
Reply to  SoloUnaSignora

Uranus is also opposed Chiron in Taurus. I have a t-square. I am kinda oblivious as to how other people view me, maybe they are unsure what to think? I also surround myself with beautiful and unusual people. I get bored easily and I need relationships with people who have substance. 8th house Gemini influence, IMO.

A_J_
A_J_
August 14, 2015 9:15 am
Reply to  ampersand

I have Uranus conjunct Asc in Scorpio and dress quite conservative, yet always stand out. Drives me nuts.

gbs
gbs
August 13, 2015 2:02 pm
Reply to  ampersand

The looking-through-someone thing is a very Scorpio energy. I’m a Sun Scorp, so I use this occasionally when I’m really upset with someone. My sister is Scorp Rising and she uses it quite a bit more often. 🙂

SoloUnaSignora
SoloUnaSignora
August 13, 2015 7:12 am

I do have the stereotypical Scorpio rising eyes: I was once approached in a store by a make-up artist who was so taken by my eyes that he wanted to use them in an upcoming book. (I declined–I like to be hidden!)

VenusRules
VenusRules
August 13, 2015 7:04 am

I think – and I say this as a proud Scorpio sun, Neptune, Mercury and NN – that it would be awesome to be Scorpio rising. You get to be sexy and mysterious and fierce without having people go off on some “ooooooh, you’re evil, I can’t trust you” insanity when they learn what your birthday is. In fact, one of my dearest friends and cosmic soul sisters has her Scorpio ascendant degree the same as my Sun degree, and her son was born on my birthday! And she and I have amazing synchronicities and ties. Scorpio links can feel… Read more »

Invicta
Invicta
August 13, 2015 6:39 am

Amazing post, just brilliant!

Fiona
Fiona
August 13, 2015 6:33 am

Adore the look and vibe of all these peeps, now have rising sign envy…Bette and Katherine are two of my favourites!

LightningButterfly
LightningButterfly
August 13, 2015 1:29 pm
Reply to  Fiona

I do too! Who wouldn’t want to look powerful and vampiric at will? I also envy women who can do the dramatic makeup look. I have big eyes, but I just look weird in a lot of makeup in general. I’ve always kept it minimal and natural with the occasional winged eyeliner moment but it’s not a natural look for me.

The Venus Fly
The Venus Fly
August 13, 2015 6:07 am

P.S. I am obsessed with snakes and scorpions, sex magik and black lace, leather and hypnotic eyes. I tells ya, those Draconic charts sometimes feel MORE accurate IMO…

The Venus Fly
The Venus Fly
August 13, 2015 6:05 am

Quite a few sun Taureans. I keep telling folks we Maverick’s who do it OUR way.

My Draconic chart DRIPS with Scorpion but my Natal barely houses any…

GeminEE
GeminEE
August 13, 2015 5:56 am

I’ve been waiting for this post!!! Yeah, and affinity for black. My wardrobe consists of black, white, blue and the occasional pink. And are scorpio risings the people who blend into the crowd? Like one minute they’re there and then not there? People keep telling me they’ve seen me before but I’m sure it’s just because I have a face that looks like many other people’s. Or is that my Gemini self? Was it the Scorps who are good at espionage? Or the Geminis? I think I was under the wrong impression that I have a “mostly harmless” look. I… Read more »

August 13, 2015 12:00 pm
Reply to  GeminEE

Like Nicole Kidman above, scorpio risings can have a polarizing effect on people for no reason. I think it’s mostly people who would feel uncomfortable feeling that someone could look past their facade. I tend to have as minimal contact with those types as possible.

Veronica
Veronica
August 13, 2015 3:26 pm
Reply to  ampersand

Bingo!!
I have always wondered why my Leo Scorp rising (your astro twin) quite a lot of people’s hackles up on sight!!
eg. women lecture him at dog beach (when he actually DOTES on our dogs). He has random encounters where he gets into social conflicts I cannot even conceive how (I’m Libra rising)

And then he has other people really like and trust him on sight. My women friends all like him a lot.
My male friends aren’t that comfortable with him

ck
ck
August 13, 2015 5:19 am

Well, clearly I’m doing my ascendent all wrong. Ha!

Kell
Kell
August 13, 2015 5:06 am

Yes to kohl! Also the Widow’s Peak is another hallmark of Scorp Rising among older astro. I still favor slightly padded shoulders- St. John knits for power. My ex BF said I looked like a younger Bette Davis- minus the psycho vibe. LOL! Scorp Asc square Leo Uranus- and Mars Square Pluto in Merc ruled signs. Often taken for a Gem. I recycle old wardrobe pieces, vibe classic- shun faux fabrics. Loved Dion Fortune’s Luna inspired fashion in “The Sea Priestess” and “Moon Magic”. Am super sensitive to crystals, stones, scent. Keep minimalist wardrobe that I change up mix/match. Hate… Read more »

GeminEE
GeminEE
August 13, 2015 6:00 am
Reply to  Kell

Yes, people keep telling me stuff and I’m like “why?!!!” Since I’m a gemini, it just grates at me to keep stuff to myself. But on the other hand, if I think it’s a worthy secret, it’s going with me to my grave. Just…when I am fed-up with people, I have this whole arsenal of secrets that I have no idea why they maybe subconsciously told me.

The Venus Fly
The Venus Fly
August 13, 2015 6:09 am
Reply to  Kell

I have two Bast’s in my living room and wear capes myself. Big on Victorian slash fetish vibes…

toroloco
toroloco
August 13, 2015 6:28 am
Reply to  Kell

Agree with the widow’s peak. Trust me, I’ve dated countless Scorp and Scorp-rising people.

SoloUnaSignora
SoloUnaSignora
August 13, 2015 7:10 am
Reply to  Kell

Yep, another Scorpio Rising (with a wide Sun/Mars conjunction in Taurus opposite the ASC) who is a dumping ground for the secrets, confessions, and problems of all sorts of people. If I had sense, I’d tattoo Mystic’s admonition to fence out the Qi Vamps on my forehead.

I always say yes to perfume, said yes to boots and miniskirts when I was younger, and still love lace in all colors, especially black!

Scorpio_Rising
Scorpio_Rising
August 13, 2015 9:06 am
Reply to  SoloUnaSignora

Strangers seem to want to confess all their sins to me. I have no idea what compels them to do so, either.

Nicky b
Nicky b
August 13, 2015 11:19 am
Reply to  Kell

Yes. Everyone tells their secrets….all the time…. it’s like wearing a confession booth perhaps…forgive me father for I have…ahem, pardon me miss, may I just tell you something I tell almost no one.?

Scorpio_Rising
Scorpio_Rising
August 13, 2015 11:41 am
Reply to  Nicky b

yes, it’s even worse at a dark bar…I’ve heard the craziest shit!

toroqueen
toroqueen
August 13, 2015 4:24 pm
Reply to  Scorpio_Rising

YES. why does everyone reveal their deep dark secrets to us? my entire life … I keep everyones skeletons in my closet!

JupiterRuled
JupiterRuled
August 13, 2015 7:10 pm
Reply to  toroqueen

Scorpion sun/moon/merc/Lilith/uranus here… I swear I’m an ad hoc therapist. Every time I travel (airports, planes, taxis) people confide some of the most personal things. I joke because it’s usually followed with, “wow, you’re so easy to talk to.”

AnkhRising8.0
AnkhRising8.0
August 13, 2015 4:48 am

I tend to do my Pisces rising by day. At night my sun shines. There have been many times that I’ve picked an outfit out for myself at night, and woke the next morning like, “Holy fuq what was I thinking? I can’t wear that to parent-teacher conferences today!” Do over.

Wow these women are soooo beautiful *sigh* Prince too. Yyyyow

Kell
Kell
August 13, 2015 5:07 am
Reply to  AnkhRising8.0

Yes Ankh, we glow at sunset!!

AnkhRising8.0
AnkhRising8.0
August 14, 2015 5:40 am
Reply to  Kell

🙂 *glowing*

supakali
supakali
August 13, 2015 6:11 am
Reply to  AnkhRising8.0

aah, yes, Katherine Hepburn <3

AnkhRising8.0
AnkhRising8.0
August 14, 2015 5:42 am
Reply to  supakali

Yeah, big love for Katherine… And I love Cate Blanchett’s Hepburn in The Aviator!