Win Aquarian Roses With Just Your Wit

torkil-gudnason5

People – Win yourself a bottle of the uber-classy and ethno-botanical (read; haute hippie and no toxic ingredients) Aquarian Rose scent from Strange Invisible Perfumes.

Top Notes: Rose, Marjoram and Sandalwood. Perfect for a Proust-bender of practical fragrance magic (remember: every sorceress is a pragmatist at heart) this Mercury Retrograde.

As befitting anything with Aquarian in the name, it’s unisex. Or omni-sexual, whatever.

The winner is announced on Sunday – via the Comments – and their Aquarian Rose perfume will be sent to them on Monday. This HAS to arrive before the Eclipse/Mercury Direct.

Here are the rules: You need to be a subscriber to enter  – the rumors are true – they get all the perks around here.

Other than that, you just need to post your Aquarius rant in the comments. It can be about you as an Aquarian, your Aquarian Ex, your Aquarian past life, theories about Aquarius peeps, your Aquarius family members, tips for understanding Aquarius peeps, the top Ten Aquarius Wankers, why you wish you were an Aquarius, Aqua Slebs.  Aquarius anything.

It’s been a while since we had a good strong post on Aquarius peeps – those Zap Zoners (Kataka, Aries, Capricorn and Libra) have been getting all the attention.

Go for it and may the funniest/coolest/most poignant comment win the Aquarian Rose potion. I will pop back here to judge on Sunday!

Aquarian Roses

Top Image: Torkil Gudnason

October 13, 2014 4:42 pm

Aquarius is about the ever more valuing of a masculine man in the eyes of all women and society alike. This man is no heathen or animal

October 13, 2014 4:50 pm
Reply to  Anonymous

This is man whose flesh is only as real as the matrix surrounding him, his own fields, his acquaintances and his society. He is the dystopian nobody who we are already familiar with but we have a long way to meet because so much desire and want is made possible by the strides to get to become this society. He is what can be of humanity, he is lightweight well designed and intelligent

jojobe
jojobe
October 13, 2014 3:32 pm

last winter, I was both fuqing an aquarius & being courted by a double-aquarius. both artists (the first a musician, the second an actor), both heavily involved with activism & well-read on politics. both wrote me (good) poems. both quit smoking so as to have better sex with me. I chose the double-aquarius even tho I’m a katakachild, mostly because he was even weirder, open to spirituality & more into bdsm 😉

jojobe
jojobe
October 13, 2014 3:44 pm
Reply to  jojobe

I should add he is always saying things like , “Football won’t be a thing in 30 years” with ironclad reasoning, an eye on the horizon

October 13, 2014 4:08 pm
Reply to  jojobe

Sounds dreamy! 🙂

queenofthejungle
queenofthejungle
October 12, 2014 8:27 pm

I once briefly dated a multiple-conjunct Aquarian. Very creative guy, but so far “out there” that it was hard to relate. I generally dig the Aquarius vibe but he was a bit too much. I don’t think this guy was a “typical” Aquarian — he was more like a stereotypical, uber-Aquarian.

As a sun Leo, it was good to get a “taste” of the sign opposing mine. In general, I feel more comfortable with other fire signs, or neighboring signs.

iris aquacat
iris aquacat
October 12, 2014 5:53 pm

As an Aquarius Sun with Aquarius Rising, Mars and Saturn and Uranus in 7th House I seem to be constantly getting entangled romantically with Aquarians, so lots of stories to tell. But one of my favourite Aquarians was a circus performer – saw him standing on top of his Kombi near my subtropical hinterland home looking kinda feral but interesting with a shaved head, dreadlock sikha and serpent tattoos. Ended up in boxing training together became friends, consummated the relationship on the UFO spaceship he had built in the middle of the bush. It ended when he forgot I was… Read more »

Pointy claws
Pointy claws
October 12, 2014 4:22 am

I have venus in aquarius conjunct my midheaven. And I’ve always searched for my weirdo tribe to call my own. Injustice, bigotry in any form, and closed minds are my pet peeves, so living in the Southern U.S. the inclination to chill with truly open-minded people has me thinking “the struggle is real.” lol. Working for a truly out there organization, has me meeting many big names in woo woo self help, and it’s interesting to see how writing personae conflict with actual personalities. It’s a social experiment which I love. and actually exactly how I treated online dating come… Read more »

Sweet Sanity
Sweet Sanity
October 12, 2014 4:02 am

Ok trying to control myself…… Yipeeeeee!!! Excitement overload ????????thank you so, so much xoxo

Virgo Ellie
Virgo Ellie
October 12, 2014 4:17 am

Congratulations!!

Seabird
Seabird
October 12, 2014 4:46 am

Oh thankyou so much!! That was a bit cathartic, writing that. I only let totally go of that man early this year, when I was in Paris with my new lover who is now my husband. One day I was wearing earrings my ex-husband gave me and I thought, this relationship, this new one, this is real, this man is amazing and we will be together, and my marriage is long finished and I now release it all. The earrings broke, both of them, later that day. Before our daughter was born my ex and I used to sit up… Read more »

October 12, 2014 6:07 am
Reply to  Seabird

yes, I thought you might be experiencing some reverberations after revisiting all of that!

Brilliant choices Mystic, and congrats to the winners, hope you enjoy your gorgeous sounding scent….let us know how it is!

Sweet Sanity
Sweet Sanity
October 12, 2014 3:51 pm
Reply to  calypso

Thank you Calypso! Yes I definitely will 🙂

leogroover
leogroover
October 12, 2014 1:36 pm

Wow 3 thats amazing. Thanks to everybody for shedding a bit more light on this elusive yet intriguing sign.

Nicole
Nicole
October 12, 2014 3:49 am

My niece is Aqua, Aqua rising and I have never meet a more brilliant, outrageous, stubborn child, she has never slept for an entire night uninterrupted, and she quite literally can not be disciplined or controlled in anyway. Her life is a perpetual source of amusement to herself or else. The stories are numerous and on going and the whole family watches in equal amounts of wonder and fear as to what she will do next. Her farewell is to kiss her 2 fingers as though sending a kiss then flip the bird. God love her she is 1 of… Read more »

Hometime
Hometime
October 12, 2014 2:40 am

I am an Aquarian sun. I go through strange gyrations when getting out of cars or opening doors because I am so used to electrocuting myself on them with static electricity seeking to ground. To the outside observer it probably looks a bit OCD that I tap door handles with the back of my hand first. The other day I shocked myself on a bathroom door at work so loudly that a coworker across the room heard the audible “Zap.” I once went to pat a kid on the head and must have amassed so much static that there was… Read more »

Sweet Sanity
Sweet Sanity
October 12, 2014 3:21 am
Reply to  Hometime

I love this!! I’d love to be a fly on the wall at you family gatherings with your twin Aqua. Vegetarian enchilada lol!!!

October 12, 2014 3:22 am
Reply to  Hometime

all the Taurean men reading this are, saying, “Well, obviously.”

Bonnie
Bonnie
October 12, 2014 1:40 am

“Just do it…’ Said the Aquarian to the Libran. ‘Enter that competition. The scales might just tip in your favour.’

Venus Cazimi
Venus Cazimi
October 12, 2014 1:08 am

Where to begin? My 11th-12th hs stellium in Aquarius more often works as an holistic whole: stern Saturn, the traditional ruler of waterbearers of times past, his attitude softened & made more tolerant in this airy sign & house, nudges gently up to the Sun in the sign of my birthright, Venus crowned & enthroned therein. Unemotional? Undemonstrative? I think not when the heart is aflame! Am passionate & dramatic as a Lionesses lead in a daytime soap, replete with sleek hair & a glam pilot hubby loving me in our lair (*see where a Lion says “mine” an Aqua… Read more »

monte
monte
October 11, 2014 11:58 pm

Was thinking of contributing but started to get really weighed down by my negative experiences with Aquarian men. I find the women totally bright and friendly. They connect and don’t feel smothered if you just happen to call them.

Aqua men seem like they have always got something up their nose – like breathing the same air as you is a chore. Arrrrgh, the push-pull is a head fuq. Very fuqing controlling.

See what I mean!

October 12, 2014 2:08 am
Reply to  monte

I have to agree with you on that. In my experience, Aqua men tend to think that they are way above everybody else. And like the cliché says, you become catnip if you ignore them. That’s ok if you are into games and role-playing. I prefer straight up simplicity in my relationships with friends. Family relationships are tricky enough – but you don’t get to choose your family. As for the women, I’ve known a few (friendly enough), and I’ve had a strong friendship with one for over 30 years. A friendship that has had me confounded almost every step… Read more »

October 12, 2014 2:17 am
Reply to  Anonymous

My experience of Aquarians is that they are always chasing something or someone that is out of reach, and when they finally get it/him/her – because they always do – they pull it apart and then abandon it. Moving on to the next unavailable object or person.

monte
monte
October 12, 2014 4:47 am
Reply to  Anonymous

Hi, yeah look, my main experiences are with the male of the species. When I was younger, I just didn’t understand them – I am triple water with heaps of Leo – there was a major disconnect. Other people seemed to ‘get’ them but I just couldn’t. With this particular ‘friend’ the push-pull went on for years. Had me totally confounded too. He was interesting and interested when he wanted to be. Totally engaging and engaged, only to spit in your face (metaphorically, but once literally) the next time he (dis)connected. So hurtful. Secretive! Remember asking innocent questions like how’s… Read more »

Virgo Ellie
Virgo Ellie
October 12, 2014 4:53 am
Reply to  monte

Ugh…. The bait, hook and disappear. Trying to figure out what we did is horrible for us!! I wish they could be upfront from the start!!

I think they freak out the minute they realize they lost control of their independence. At least with the divorced guys!

monte
monte
October 12, 2014 5:39 am
Reply to  monte

One more thing about this guy. He was “trapped” (his words) into marriage by a girl who he got pregnant. Then proceeded to have numerous affairs with women who all wanted him to leave his marriage which of course he couldn’t do as that would mean he would be “trapped” by them. His wife couldn’t get rid of him. She tried everything including throwing his wardrobe of clothes on the nature strip. Truth was she loved him and was heart broken because he would push – pull her as well. He had the perfect situation. He used his wife as… Read more »

October 12, 2014 4:57 am
Reply to  Anonymous

This is so true, of some of them.

The Favorite One, the one who went through dozens of women after me, playing the same old games with them- is finally settled with a Cap woman, who, even though she is PG with his child, keeps him on his toes- he never knows if she will stay or not. She is perpetually out of reach- and they live together!

October 12, 2014 5:57 am
Reply to  Anonymous

They are also the best networkers on the planet.
And are always looking to see how they can use you further down the track – as there’s ALWAYS some weird agenda being cooked up in their minds

Leo Aqua Aqua
Leo Aqua Aqua
October 11, 2014 11:49 pm

My sun and Venus is in Leo, my rising, moon and Mars is Aqua, but my two Aqua friends still insist I’m all Leo.. They know I’m completely envious. Aquas are the coolest !

LavenderQueen
LavenderQueen
October 11, 2014 9:55 pm

I have Aquarius rising. I think it has manifested itself in my online life. I believe it allows me to have the cool detachment that Aquarians are described as having. I am not sure if the ability to be online lets me feel like I can be the “real me,”or, I am more easily able to be the person I want to be. However, virtual reality is an Aquarians paradise. It allows us to get our techy electronic geek on while being able to view ourselves from the outside of the fishbowl. And yes, we do love our gadgetry!

Aqua Plus One Minus 4
Aqua Plus One Minus 4
October 11, 2014 9:31 pm

I’m helpless before Aqua Boy. The more he looks like Alan Cumming, the better (I imagined he must be Aquarian and guess what, Google agrees.) Aqua Boy can build his own computers and musical instruments and internet communities and he is cooler than anyone you’ve ever met and he is in love with the fact that you are smarter than him, and likes having a walking encyclopaedia on hand to kiss. When he makes love, he makes love to an idea and sometimes it’s a good one. The dynamic fast becomes mother and naughty son. I’ve had 4.5 “I love… Read more »

October 11, 2014 5:54 pm

My best girlfriend, after the Saggo childhood one, was an Aqua with Moon in Pisces.

We called ourselves Lucy and Ethel…lol

flowerchild
flowerchild
October 11, 2014 5:30 pm

Kinda late to this party…. I’m Aqua Sun (in the 8th) and Aqua Mercury (9th), but not very many aspects to my Sun, just mostly the sextile to Saturn. I seem to live more through my Moon, Venus and Mars, which are more prominent in my chart and have lots of aspects. I think my Aqua Sun (humanitarian), Pisces Moon (empathy) and Crab rising (mother the world) have contributed to the career path I have chosen… I work in public health. The only Aqua I ever dated was a woman, and was the only woman I ever dated, and that… Read more »

October 11, 2014 5:53 pm
Reply to  flowerchild

Joni Mitchell has a great album called “For the Roses”..

And I agree that Seabird’s story was a heartfelt tale of depth as only those kinds of life experiences can bring.

But I liked yours too.

October 11, 2014 6:00 pm
Reply to  sweetpea

Flowerchild meant to include (see below) that my gf had the same Sun and Moon signature as you but Cap rising. She just HATED it, when people told her to “smile”.

She didn’t feel like flippin’ smilin’.

Scorpbot
Scorpbot
October 11, 2014 10:10 pm
Reply to  sweetpea

Then there’s “Good year for the Roses” by Elvis Costello. Beauuuuutiful song.

October 12, 2014 12:10 pm
Reply to  Scorpbot

Aw, so is, bot.

Speakin’ of cold cig butts in the ashtray,(but at least your lips caressed them) as I posted about my Cap rising Aqua friend, you crossed my mind (Cap rising)

In a totally affectionate way…Glad you came out to play x

Scorpbot
Scorpbot
October 12, 2014 2:32 pm
Reply to  sweetpea

“but at least your lips caressed them”

LOVE that line. He has a way with words, Elvis. Virgo of course. Like Leonard Cohen and Nick Cave.

I smiled when I read about your Cap rising friend because sometimes I don’t feel like flippin’ smilin either 🙂

October 12, 2014 2:35 pm
Reply to  Scorpbot

Yes, well, and that’s why I thought of you and your grumpy cat!
lol

October 12, 2014 2:43 pm
Reply to  sweetpea

My Kataka daughter, 8th house Sun, Scorp Rising, Sagg Moon and Sa’turn conjunct in 1st…

Heck, you dare not even look in her direction when she was a teen and had just woken up…

Unless you wanted to die of course lol.

flowerchild
flowerchild
October 14, 2014 11:58 am
Reply to  sweetpea

It makes me rage when people (almost always men) tell me to smile.
I don’t like anyone to tell me what to do or how to feel!
I’m also, I suppose, a ‘feminist’ and I think when men tell women to smile it’s sexist, like we’re just there to serve them, entertain them, brighten their day, no matter how we’re feeling….hell no! It’s a form of objectification..

12th house virgo
12th house virgo
October 14, 2014 2:39 pm
Reply to  flowerchild

Ha ha! I’ve heard that my whole life. Most recent was a barrista who I asked “Is there anything else you’d like me to change about my face for you right now?”

Leo Aqua Aqua
Leo Aqua Aqua
October 11, 2014 5:27 pm

I never knew the true meaning of – Sex God – until I met my Aquarian. So attentive.. But maybe it was his cancer moon influence and him sporting a super lean body.. 6.4″, always acting very unassuming and being a total health freak. Also have you noticed that they have a gift of making you feel like you already know them before you do and if you don’t see them for 10 years you can be exactly where you left off. Beyond time and space. I’ll never be over him but he certainly cured me of any heart break… Read more »

Veronica
Veronica
October 11, 2014 3:30 pm

My first long term bf a 6ft 9″ Aquarian sweetheart, base player and IT man, my first true love. He taught me to drive, shared his musical world and tight knit tribe of friends and we travelled to Mexico and Guatemala together, lots of adventures and we are still in touch to this day. Really nurtured me when I was a fragile 21 yr old, he had a perceptive Piscean moon, and has always been very well loved by all his friends and family. I find that my broader social life always has had something to do with an significant… Read more »

Alexandra
Alexandra
October 11, 2014 1:52 pm

Idiosyncratic is Aquarius defined. My water-bearing Father – AKA conservative Cronos, King Lear control freak meets Albert Einsten ingenious inventor (read: mathematician) and rad revolutionary – simultaneously balances his needs for security with changing the world. Born Jan 21, he’s 76, semi-retired and running a maths business for high schools, which “will revolutionise the education system”. While he is busy seeking funding for his project, he hassles my brother and I to get married and have kids (he “wants more”) along with applying for a long-term visa so he can live in the Southern French countryside. He’s famously unhappy living… Read more »

sphinx
sphinx
October 11, 2014 8:31 pm
Reply to  Alexandra

This is wonderful! What an awesome dad, I love that he taught you freedom and respect. Hello Alexandra’s dad! Kudos on your expansive thought processes despite/because of yr academic background and being open to astro etc. 😉

October 12, 2014 12:55 am
Reply to  sphinx

maths! it’s all maths, right? Look at Charles….

I love it too, hello Alexandra’s Dad!

(I wonder what he makes of us lot, probably avoids the comments 😉 )

October 12, 2014 3:17 am
Reply to  Alexandra

I think aqua’s have a way of being so fricken stubbornly themselves, that you have no choice but to resolve, or overcome, whatever you are dealing with in order to continue the connection. I say this with full awareness that there can be a lot of .. stuff… that may not ever work itself out. your story about your dad reminded me of this, my parents never, ever e-v-e-r did the fights-at-the front door thing after they split up – they [after some initial crap] remained friends. truly aligned with humanitarian principles rather than the personal. grudges simply slide out… Read more »

October 12, 2014 3:18 am
Reply to  Pi

that did teach me a lot about other ways to handle interpersonal sh**. I guess with warrior mars in aqua, maybe i handle conflict in a detached way too. [kill the idea not the person, lol]

Serenity
Serenity
October 11, 2014 11:29 am

Not a rant, but a story, because I have nothing to rant about my first husband, now an ex. He’s the best guy ever. He’s February 11 and I’m April 20. 1979, my Leo girlfriend, gone crazy from a head on collision in her Porsche with a school bus, introduced me to him at the Rainbow in West Hollywood. She left as usual so I was stuck with him for the night. We started going out after that night. Lots of super fun times. His roommate was a well known English drummer. All his best friends were musicians, and from… Read more »

Year of the Phoenix
Year of the Phoenix
October 11, 2014 6:53 am

Love Humanity – Hate People

I have more Aquarian friends than any other sun sign and when I put the above to them they usually burst out laughing cause a tint bit true

They make fantastic friends – mine are all female and so spunky and interested and LOYAL

October 11, 2014 5:05 am

The three men I’ve loved so far have all been blue-eyed Aquarians. My Achilles heels. It’s the sign on my DC, so it makes sense; but my Scorpio moon has a hard time with that detachment thing they do when things get a little hairy or emotional. I can’t fuqing hack it. I’d rather scream it all out on the spot so it can blow over ASAP (Aries). They want to fly off to Planet 9. It’s infuriating. But the heart doesn’t choose who it loves. My favorite, and still best friend, has a Grand Water Trine (Pisces moon, Scorpio… Read more »

Nichola
Nichola
October 11, 2014 4:08 am

I am an Aquarian born on Valentines Day! I feel love and romance and passion is my heart-song. I have tried loving and calm and dependable (Aries – 20 great years) and Aquarius, passionate, crazy, borderline personality disorder (2 years and then another 2 years trying to get him out of my system) and then another Aquarian who I now have a Restraining Order against! Seriously! I tried a splattering of other signs inbetween, 3/5 cried on our first date. Help! I am happy, fulfilled in every other way and now just a little nervous and saying no to all… Read more »

October 11, 2014 10:04 pm
Reply to  Nichola

A-ha *nods knowingly* With you sis, I am Venus Cazimi – Sun at 7 degrees 31 minutes 15 seconds & Venus at 7 degrees 38 minutes 34 seconds Aquarius – we are romance par none, I think we invented the term (& this applies to every last one of us) there’s just nothing can beat Uranian-style glamour & poetic professions of love (that may or may not include lengthy courtships or the respectful keeping of emotional distance) Consider the magnetism of the sign! Leo’s fall over themselves to impress, a Pisces will drown in our eyes, a macho Taurean becomes… Read more »

anon
anon
October 12, 2014 12:02 am
Reply to  Anonymous

romance par none. Hm.

Sorry, but that title belongs to Librans.

Leo Aqua Aqua
Leo Aqua Aqua
October 12, 2014 12:08 am
Reply to  anon

Um well I think the Cancerians beat every sign hands down when it comes to ..romance?

October 12, 2014 5:10 am
Reply to  Leo Aqua Aqua

nah… don’t think so. They just want the security of a partner.

I’d put Leos 2nd on the list for romance

October 12, 2014 5:28 am
Reply to  Anon

I’d have to agree. My experience of Cancerian romance is, let’s make out on the couch after watching the season finale of Game of Thrones.

October 12, 2014 6:19 am
Reply to  Anonymous

LOL. Yep that about sums up my experience too!!

October 12, 2014 6:22 am
Reply to  Anon

or they want to cook for you. Not even anything social. Comfort food. Ugh

That might be romantic for some but not for me.

October 12, 2014 6:23 am
Reply to  Anon

*special !

Although he wasn’t particularly social either. LOL

samantha
samantha
October 12, 2014 11:04 pm
Reply to  Anonymous

Sun, moon mercury conjunct in Cancer.

Yup. it’s not the only romantic thing I can think of but it’s definitely on the list .:-D

October 12, 2014 5:59 am
Reply to  Anon

not true

October 12, 2014 10:53 pm
Reply to  Anon

Bats Mercury prevents me from responding

October 11, 2014 3:46 am

The thing I have found with Aquas is that they are true humanitarians. Humanity is their thing. their alignment with principles and ideas and stubborn determination to understand or ruthlessly interrogate those ideas that they don’t understand or see as unjust is what might at times alienate others. I have to be honest, I don’t know a single aqua who lives in a bio-dome or bathes in violet light every time Aldebaran transits the Uranus nodes or whatever. My aquas are the no bullshit, no discrimination, no politicking types. Thoroughly averse to machinations and drama. To a point where it… Read more »

October 11, 2014 3:52 am
Reply to  Pi

i suppose it might be a little presumptuous to write all this about aquas.

Seabird
Seabird
October 11, 2014 8:32 pm
Reply to  Pi

That’s my aqua friend to a ‘t’ you’ve just described!

October 12, 2014 3:10 am

ha, cool 🙂
I have merged here my aquadad, sun-moon-mars conjunct in aqua relative, 1st house aqua sis, sun-mars-venus Fearless Martian Aqua gal pal, and Aqua rising merc/uranus conjunct multi-air mother….

teppy
teppy
October 11, 2014 1:52 am

I was an intense kid from a complicated family. It was easier to be a loner than to have a lot of friends so most people were dissuaded by the wall I placed around my personal space and time, however one guy was not deterred. He was so persistent in being my friend that the more I tried to convince him to invest his time in someone else, the harder he tried to be a part of my life. My family thought it was completely comical how he was always there despite me trying to distance myself from everyone including… Read more »

SaggiCappa
SaggiCappa
October 11, 2014 1:18 am

My grand passion was an Aquarian. Absolutely amazing physical and emotional connection for many years. We are both married to others now (both very happily), but are linked at a psychic level. When anything goes bad the other knows and gets in touch. no matter how long the gap.

When an Aqua loves, they truly love. You wouldn’t want to live with one, though 😀

Sweet Sanity
Sweet Sanity
October 11, 2014 12:29 am

Aquarian credentials: Aqua Asc, Sun, Mercury, Bast, Herodias and Mars (I’m cosmically entitled to this perfume) Things about Aquarians (annoying things about Aquarian) We love eating extremely simple foods (3 ingredients max), and can eat the same thing everyday if it’s one of their favourites, even porridge eg. I can eat a sweet potato roasted in alfoil with pesto everyday for the rest of my life, no problem. We love metals and jewelry, especially silver, but will rarely wear it as it makes us feel restrained or caged. But you’d better still bloody buy it for us. We normally have… Read more »

October 11, 2014 12:39 am
Reply to  Sweet Sanity

i love Adventure Time too, and what’s great about it is how weird but how insightful about humanity, very Aquarian!

October 11, 2014 3:59 am
Reply to  calypso

I think the ice king character is very Aqua, unfortunately!! Please excuse all my typos, I wrote that whilst the Saggo Dude was watching the 1 year old and 4 year old around the fire he spontaneously lit in the backyard, to cook dinner on of course!

October 11, 2014 4:24 am
Reply to  Anonymous

the Ice King! how apt 🙂

so much so, in fact, that initially I thought this was a reply to my other post about the-Aqua-who-did-not-want-to-be-in-a-relationship 🙂

October 11, 2014 5:22 am
Reply to  calypso

Sh yes sorry!! My phone doesn’t seem to know who o am. ????

Museum of life
Museum of life
October 11, 2014 12:16 am

Aquarian love and life long loss My first love was an Aquarian. He died at 23 in the act of helping someone else-he was that kind of guy. He was very attractive, popular with everyone and had beautiful soulful eyes. We had known each other since we were nine always intrigued by each other but finally becoming an item at fifteen. I could share my deepest angsty teenage thoughts with him and he would understand. He indulged my need to push boundaries but always, always protected me from the consequences of my misdeeds. He loved the colour blue and was… Read more »

October 11, 2014 12:02 am

While my Uranus opposition was active I met a number of Aquarians. I met and fell for an Aqua and his intellect online. His profile opened with the warning that he was “NOT interested in a relationship, that people drifted into and out of each others lives….etc.” But we were so simpatico. He lived near me but was away for work, so we skyped 6 delirious nights running at the end of which my Toro/Scorp/Libra bits were all SURE this could not NOT culminate in the most glorious and committed union, our compatibility could not be denied, etc and he… Read more »

katakaaqua
katakaaqua
October 10, 2014 10:21 pm

There is this Aqua being whose uranian energy I lived with several years back. He drifts in and out of town as Aquas do. The other day I arrive home and as I enter the front door and look over to the empty lounge I suddenly think of him, as if his image had been zapped into my mind. Then I sit down at the table to have a glass of water, and the Guardian Weekly from a few weeks back is open at the crossword. I’d filled about 75% a fortnight back but given up. And now, I see… Read more »

pi
pi
October 10, 2014 10:36 pm
Reply to  katakaaqua

this guy sounds like catnip to my 8th house aquarius Mars (sextiling 10th house aries venus). LZ fodder for sure. is he hot? *sigh*

Zoe
Zoe
October 10, 2014 9:28 pm

Future Tense My housemate to me last week: “If I had heaps of money Zo I would hire you as a consultant just to keep me up to date with the latest trends and stuff…” Other housemate: “Yeah, how to you know all this? Where are you getting this information?” Obviously Mystic, I read a lot of cool blogs written by wonderful, visionary women (!). I tell my housemates this. I also mention I have Aquarius rising and a solid relationship with Mercury. Later in the day I take my Mum out for coffee at the new café near my… Read more »

October 10, 2014 11:09 pm
Reply to  Zoe

of course she is! 🙂

my son is Aquarian. we were talking recently after my own Gran died at 103 about whether it would be good to live that long, with less health, mobility, independence, etc. He said with real longing, yeah, I know all those things are difficult but I just wanna see all the new things that are invented….

lovely quality, and a nice indication of a strong life positive bent which isn’t always clear from the cool Aqua x

October 11, 2014 3:05 am
Reply to  calypso

my aqua dad was the same. early adopter , always interested in everything, absolutely no interest in getting old. 100% involved human being until his last day. x

October 11, 2014 3:06 am
Reply to  Pi

last *physical* day. I can’t begin to imagine what awesomeness aqua’s might experience once they transcend a physical body.

Alouetta
Alouetta
October 10, 2014 7:20 pm

Me, aqua sun: I want to go to this thing next month, it’s experiential performance, volunteers produce a replica of a real-life situation and the punters get taken through it like it’s actually happening, but not like going to the shops, more like robbing a bank and there’s opera and the whole thing is crowd-funded, want to go?

Aqua-rising husband: How can I know what I want to do next month? How can I know??

October 10, 2014 11:11 pm
Reply to  Alouetta

that sounds amazing!

Alouetta
Alouetta
October 11, 2014 12:20 am
Reply to  calypso

Well that was just me imagining my ideal outing but it does exist in the UK. Google ‘You Me Bum Bum Train’. Yes, that is actually their name.

October 11, 2014 12:41 am
Reply to  Alouetta

reminds me of that theatre trend from the 90s where the audience sat in taxis, buses or ferries and the city or the harbour was the stage, cool.

Anomie
Anomie
October 10, 2014 7:00 pm

My Aqua peeps story began in my twenties with a search for soul mates, lovers, friends, even co-workers, who channelled the aqua vibe. As a Leo with Kataka rising and moon – and limited astro knowledge – I thought we’d hit it off. Alas, I attracted Kataka and Leo men IN THE EXTREME and a range of fem friends; Geminis, Virgoans, Librans and Sagies. In my thirties, the closest I got was a friendship with a Capricorn who called herself a Capriquarious, due to being born in late Jan. When she wasn’t overachieving in the corporate world, my new bestie… Read more »

Lux interior is My Co-Pilot
Lux interior is My Co-Pilot
October 10, 2014 7:00 pm

I am currently attempting to make my own perfumes…it’s an obssession…I am picking the flowers from my garden and have currently ruined quite a few batches…

OK Aquarian stories….

The Australian Aquarian who met a girl on Tinder in Peru and decided he was in love with her and started pricing plane tickets. When she suggested he Skype her he immediately lost interest (invading his space).

October 10, 2014 11:13 pm

lol!

MissMiaow
MissMiaow
October 11, 2014 5:36 am
Reply to  calypso

haha. Good one!

October 12, 2014 3:30 am

LOL! Love it! So spot on…different logic, thought process…….yes,removed – yet in their knowing denial of a romantic situation’s ultimately fatal outcome, has more sense of the romantic than a LZ Pisces. Can be so stubborn, that I think it’s a form of self-flagellation and that they’re addicted to it…. infuriating to watch. Nothing you can do about it.

pi
pi
October 10, 2014 6:54 pm

Aquarians: On a scale of “Don’t Care” to “Have we met?” , describe how you feel when a friend or loved one tells you about a complex interpersonal issue that they are facing. You are given the choice to talk to a friend who is experiencing a bad breakup, and a chance to talk to the head of research at MIT’s department of theoretical physics. Describe what you learnt from the MIT meeting. Your child or a friend appears to need or expect something from you that requires empathy or some kind of soothing words. You feel: (a) irritated (b)… Read more »

aqua lion
aqua lion
October 10, 2014 11:56 pm
Reply to  pi

pi nails it…. yes … personal empathy isn’t really my forte, why can’t people SEE that their problems are just part of larger spider webs of stuff happening and their own makeup (if they just used astrology, they would be able to work with this stuff so much more). Way for me to be as empathetic as I can be is basically to keep my mouth shut as much as possible, and offer practical help. But don’t expect me to be patient listening to you go round the same mental loop for the nth time. That’s when I figure you… Read more »

aqua lion
aqua lion
October 10, 2014 11:59 pm
Reply to  aqua lion

inter-generational, I meant —- but love the way this is phrased and so perfectly describes it.

Worst thing is: we know we are “supposed” to be empathetic (esp if you are a female)., it just is NOT that natural. And especially if you can see the problems / fault lines coming for way before they actually happen…

October 11, 2014 3:09 am
Reply to  aqua lion

yes i have had to learn how to manage aqua energy in my circle. It’s a bit hard for a fishy sometimes, but other times the aqua detachment is a blessing.
All of my data is empirical – I have three aquas, or aqua risings / uranuan types to study at close quarters..

leogroover
leogroover
October 11, 2014 4:34 pm
Reply to  pi

My answers to Pi’s Are you really a true Aqua quiz?

Q 1, 3 and 4 all of the above
Q. 2 I’d talk to MIT geek as long as he was hot.

Seagoat
Seagoat
October 12, 2014 12:45 am
Reply to  pi

That’s funny Pi. Clever Fish! And yeah, I’m consistly drawn to Acquarian detachment…

Viviana Staikowa
Viviana Staikowa
October 10, 2014 6:53 pm

So a couple of days ago I changed my FB background to this rose image .. Ah always in sync with your images .. I am wearing Bulgarian rose oil every day ( got only a small bottle left though!) .. I am half Bulgarian .. My mum and both brothers are Aquarius and just spend a bonding cleaning session with my Aquarian flatmate who must have some Virgo somewhere in there and who did the best thorough job ever!!!! ..and then there is your rose Aquarius post with my FB background visual.. Surely this little Aries needs to have… Read more »

Rache(Aqua/Tauri)
Rache(Aqua/Tauri)
October 10, 2014 6:49 pm

Off topic but this has been maybe the most intense, surreal, and synchronicity-laden day of my entire life. It coincided with Uranus on my NN. I laughed at it, challenged it, didn’t expect anything. Expected to be let down. Went to yoga this morning feeling rad and content with things as they were. Astrology is fucking real. I’m pitching the biggest VC in town/the world with someone who WORKS FOR THEM co-pitching and through a random chain of events and connections building from April…when I Mars on my NN direct and wrote in my journal extensively about this idea, made… Read more »

Rache(Aqua/Tauri)
Rache(Aqua/Tauri)
October 10, 2014 6:50 pm

Sorry, ECLIPSE on my NN. Not Uranus. Uranus was on the NN in April when it started.

Chrysalis
Chrysalis
October 10, 2014 6:39 pm

I’ve never knowingly dated an Aqua…but I do have Venus in Aquarius. If she had a theme song it would be, ‘How Can I Miss You if You Don’t Go Away?’
I also have a weakness for old roses for which I can offer no astrological explanation. My bed linen is a chintzy Laura Ashley rose, my jarmies are Peter Alexander chintzy rose. The Weatherbeaten Virgo used to joke that if I lay very still in bed I would be completely invisible.

leogroover
leogroover
October 11, 2014 4:17 pm
Reply to  Chrysalis

Your theme song is spot on Chyrs and I so needed to read that so i can enjoy myself on Alpha centauri or whatever you call this place where I am. Not going to name it or define it but its my bed, my morning, my way, no guilt, no LZ. No ‘I should being doing this or that’ listening to Beth Hart who is hot hot hot

leogroover
leogroover
October 11, 2014 4:18 pm
Reply to  leogroover

how do you get to embed a URL anybody?

Virgoan of more virgo
Virgoan of more virgo
October 10, 2014 5:11 pm

Just came out this week. Been vibing to Tinashe Aquarius

catface
catface
October 10, 2014 5:05 pm

Lots of people here seem to have totally deep issues with insanely over sexed crazily fuqed up Aquarian men…. Counting my lucky stars (and my 6 planet stellium in libra 12th house) that my man is a Libra… albeit on with Gemini Rising (doubly airy)… Aquarians surround me, inform me and reflect me… there is no earth in my life! There’s my sister, my father in law, two of my very best friends…make that three. Of them, 2 are professional performance faeries and one is a witch. Yes we fly. (I am both) Wow. I see them as the mirror… Read more »

Sparkling Leo
Sparkling Leo
October 10, 2014 4:36 pm

Based on a short list survey: My father who thought he was the next Freud, the first man I lived with, delinquent to world famous business environmentalist, my ex-husband never did get what planet he was from but he sure knew every street, stone, event in Ancient Rome, and myself with moon in Aquarius, a mermaid incarnate from many galaxies away….I’d have to encapsulate this energy to be the essence of Deviant Roses.

Dawn
Dawn
October 10, 2014 4:30 pm

I’m UBER AQUA Stellium in the First. I do it my way. I wear a uniform – black black and more black everyday. I’m ahead of my time and march to my own beat (often gets me into trouble along with my Saggo moon mouth). I have worn the same scent for 20 odd years. My Pisces Sun loves the name of this one. Maybe its time for a …change…

Hathors Horns
Hathors Horns
October 10, 2014 4:29 pm

I once knew a double Aquarian
Who considered himself Libertarian
But upon proposition
He withdrew his position
And proceeded to woo a librarian

sphinx

October 10, 2014 8:12 pm
Reply to  Hathors Horns

Booked by an air sign?

Hathors Horns
Hathors Horns
October 11, 2014 4:39 pm

More like led down the garden path, up the creek and too close to the sun before falling back to good old earth because of him. I hope the librarian has an easier time.

Crisis? What Crisis
Crisis? What Crisis
October 11, 2014 5:07 pm
Reply to  Hathors Horns

Pinning an Aqua (sun/asc/moon/Uranus1st or 11th house) down is nigh impossible. We just cant conform. As a Moon/1H Uranian convention has got have a good reason for it to exist; otherwise its given the bird.

Kate (not that one)
Kate (not that one)
October 10, 2014 3:52 pm

The first things I ever read about astrology as a child were Linda Goodman’s books — Linda Goodman LOVES her an Aquarius, yes she does. Me, I’m a Pisces sun, and I think she must have been done wrong by more than one Fish, because she hates us. I used to read them obsessively, while at the same time the terrible things she said about my kind gnawed at my low self-esteem…. Now that I’ve done my chart, I’ve learned that I may be Pisces sun, but I’m Aqua moon and Aqua rising – and that explains quite a lot.… Read more »

vikingwoman
vikingwoman
October 10, 2014 2:56 pm

I”m struggling to articulate what I really think here. I’ll dance to the idea via Siousie and the Banshees, perhaps host a wine orgy with my fellow 49 year old girlfriends, perhaps do some improv games with them that satirize the Real Housewives Attention Whoring For Fun and Profit (be sure to post to youtube!) and play with my teenager’s purple gel eyeliner, fake lashes and spray tan a bit. I don’t know. Its fun until it isn’t. Then again, I might post a rant, egged on by my friendly Angry Wino Housewife friends as we confess that we are… Read more »

Rachel
Rachel
October 10, 2014 2:45 pm

My North Node is Aquarius (8th house) — thought my sun, mercury, Venus and Mars are all in Leo with my south node. So I always felt comfortable performing, was always drawn to the stage–playing music, acting–I was a theater major in college until I suddenly dropped out (spring 2011) and became involved with a local activist group–eventually participating in the occupy movement (I am a cancer rising–I mostly cooked and provided food/hot beverages) Around that time I decided to learn how to be an expert at pouring beverages (water-bearer style). And now, of all things, I co-founded a website… Read more »

Rachel
Rachel
October 10, 2014 2:54 pm
Reply to  Rachel

He wanted to go into space–and he also wanted to be a primatologist. He made up a story when I met him that he had it in his will to be cryogenically frozen and had already paid for the service.

After we broke up, I met a hypnotherapist who does past-life regression work–and I referred him to her. He never told me what happened during their session–he did tell me though that he didn’t understand it until he had a near death experience (where he was literally dead for a short time–Hearing that definitely influenced my feeling about past-lives)

Seabird
Seabird
October 10, 2014 2:41 pm

I met him in a market on the wrong side of Istanbul. He was an African man (an Aquarian as it turned out, or this story would not be in context) and I had only been living there for two weeks. I thought he might know where there was a reggae club, and asked him, for some reason, in bad French. He did know. We spoke in bad French for many minutes. At the end, he said in heavily-accented English, “You are an English speaker.” He knew a lot. He taught me a lot. We lived together in the underground… Read more »

October 10, 2014 3:38 pm

Winner

Chrysalis
Chrysalis
October 10, 2014 4:35 pm
Reply to  Seabird

I’m breathless after reading this…. such a beautiful story. Winner for sure.
Seabird, you’re a writer. I know you do other creative practice but please, put more words on paper for the world xx

Seabird
Seabird
October 10, 2014 4:58 pm
Reply to  Chrysalis

Aw geeze *blush* thanks! I wanted to add one further anecdote which just shows what an Aquarian my ex-husband was and probably still is. When we went back to West Africa, all his distant family came to visit me, one by one, for weeks. In a nation known for the drop-dead beauty of its statuesque women, one afternoon the most beautiful of them all turned up to lunch. She was so beautiful I could hardly look at her, she had the cafe-au-lait skin and very delicate features common to my husband’s ethnic group, and the beautiful proportions of a goddess.… Read more »

Alouetta
Alouetta
October 10, 2014 7:06 pm

Beautiful.

October 12, 2014 5:18 am
Reply to  Chrysalis

Seabird, I was on my phone at work when I gave my one-word answer, so I would like to elaborate, and echo what Chrysalis said: please write, and write, and write. You have a gift, and the world needs it.

October 12, 2014 5:19 am
Reply to  DP

Also tearing up at work, by the way, not a good look, smeared makeup and all. 😉 xx

pi
pi
October 10, 2014 5:25 pm
Reply to  Seabird

Wow, seabirdy. That is a complex and beautifully written history.

“loyal to everyone but not to individuals” is exactly how I would describe aqua, aqua risings etc.

Seabird
Seabird
October 11, 2014 4:13 am
Reply to  pi

That’s how I find them too. I get on extremely well with Aquarians, I have an Aqua moon and a Gemini Sun. One of my oldest and closest friends is an Aqua. They are somehow egoless creatures, but can be ego-filled. Is it possible to have an ego which belongs to the world at large? They are certainly magical animals, but not unicornly magical. They are just out of reach, always, and some people mistake it for coldness, but they are full to the brim with a compassion for humanity, which sometimes does not translate so well to their own… Read more »

October 10, 2014 11:35 pm
Reply to  Seabird

this is so extraordinary Seabird, a wonderful being, experience, connection, love, gift and story. thank you for sharing and good luck!

flowerchild
flowerchild
October 11, 2014 5:07 pm
Reply to  Seabird

Wow, one of the most unique and heart breaking stories I’ve ever heard! Thanks for sharing your experience with us and, yes, I think you should win the roses, too!

Seagoat
Seagoat
October 12, 2014 12:11 am

Beautiful, haunting, poetic. Thank you Seabird. xx

freedom ala air
freedom ala air
October 12, 2014 6:21 am

Ack you broke me seabird… My heart just broke open … Thank you

Tee
Tee
October 12, 2014 7:39 am
Reply to  Seabird

Crying. Did not expect that. That story for me epitomizes the beauty and wounding of the Aquarian archetype finding itself in today’s world, trying to manifest itself consciously now after so many years of not having direct avenues for expression. So gracious. So worldly. So devastatingly, sometimes, because you can’t save the world without knowing how to save yourself, and that is the piece we have been missing for so long.

Thank you for the exquisite gift of your story.

Universali
Universali
October 12, 2014 10:46 pm
Reply to  Seabird

Oh, wow, Seabird. That is one of the most beautifully written, poignant stories I have ever read. Oh. I will be thinking of this for a long time.
And yes, you must write.

October 13, 2014 5:31 pm
Reply to  Universali

Everything everyone said above and more!

Thank you for sharing your story, you write beautifully. Felt the weight of each word in my soul.

October 10, 2014 2:27 pm

Now that you guys have had a sampling of how revolting Aqua men experiences are, I’d like to tell you a bit about my experience. I’m an Aqua Moon, which means no matter how revolting an Aqua man is, I have this Moon in the 8th, so = I am alien breast milk drenched, hentai tentacle enrobed, Aqua magnet chick. Apparently the 8th house aspect just totally turns this to the sexual end of things in my experience. It makes me attract really perverted, kinky Aquarians or perverted, kinky weirdos in general. Ive found a lot of wayward Scorpios tend… Read more »

Jenny
Jenny
October 10, 2014 11:47 pm
Reply to  Anon

I physically shuddered several times reading this… the porn star thing? gawd.

Tee
Tee
October 12, 2014 7:30 am
Reply to  Anon

hahahahahaha
this is great
at least the pattern is obv right?
I have a libran moon but I don’t see libran guys (or gals) tripping over themselves to get at me… (my libran moon gets offended about things like this XD my sagg sun thinks it’s hilarious)

Libra Scarabaeus
Libra Scarabaeus
October 10, 2014 2:14 pm

I was close friends with a young Aquarian man once… He was excellently intuitive on any instrument—guitar and piano especially. The music lyrics he wrote were an eerie blend of emotional and philosophical. He could stay up into the early hours of the morning discussing philosophy, numerology, metaphysics, spirituality, and all variety of things in the intellectual realm. He was addicted to psychological/spiritual breakthroughs and eureka moments but always seemed to end back at the same questions and dilemmas even after great progress. He strongly believed that the whole world was unreal and he was just dreaming, or trapped in… Read more »

R(Aqua/Tauri)
R(Aqua/Tauri)
October 10, 2014 2:22 pm

This guy sounds exactly like me, it’s eerie. “He was addicted to psychological/spiritual breakthroughs and eureka moments but always seemed to end back at the same questions and dilemmas even after great progress. ” especially. I have a tagline to my whole life — “I don’t chase highs, I chase epiphanies.” I live for brain orgasms. And yes, I always come back to those same questions…but I come back to them from a new vantage point. 😉 I’ve come to learn that I love the process of it so much that I don’t actually care if I ever get to… Read more »

Libra Scarabaeus
Libra Scarabaeus
October 10, 2014 2:43 pm
Reply to  R(Aqua/Tauri)

Your last statement there R is the point I suspected he would get to in his life…and be able to revel in the process of it and not worry so much about needing a fixed point! He had an interesting spiral in this thinking…upward-trajectory and yet also in some way back where he started.

Tee
Tee
October 12, 2014 7:27 am
Reply to  R(Aqua/Tauri)

Wow, yes this explains my aqua best friend to a tee! She has always been obsessed with epiphany, revelation, inspiration to the point where she almost seems to organize her life and lovers around those moments. I chalked it up to her being a genius artist, but am realizing how Uranian it is, too.