Dating The Zodiac: Aries

Aries and dating

Aries and dating

Once I dated an Aries who did chin-ups on the door frame every time he went to the bar or the lavatory. The latter was so frequent that i suspected either a Space Dust habit or bladder control issues.

The Aries I dated had the classic “Mars mark” on his forehead, from headbutting a tree house in some proto-Aries attempted Tarzan stunt as a boy. Or, as he put it, an early indicator of daring and superior perception. Yes, Aries boast as foreplay.

At least MsAries is honest…

‘I am an Aries. I’ve never been dumped. But so far:

• broke up with my first love via hotmail; it was the early 00s.
  • broke up with a boyfriend after his surprise birthday party – I threw – ended.
  • left my wife because her mother annoyed me more than I loved her.
  • broke up with a Leo boyfriend because his ego was bigger than mine.
  • ended my marriage because my husband had a failure to provide issue (and I told him this).
  • stopped seeing a really nice guy because I was freaked out by what he would look like naked because his hands were really small and girly.

Aw, y’all. Just don’t date me.’

And you? Share your Aries dating insights.

Image: Bruce Weber

prettytheft
prettytheft
September 12, 2014 4:38 pm

I was in a relationship with an Aquarius sun, Aries moon for 7 years. I could write a (long) blog entry about his baffling personality, but it wouldn’t do Aries justice, I don’t think. I really believe that Aries is way more comfortable in the sun position than the moon position, and especially in combination with a sun like Aquarius — with Aquarians, you’ve already got a bit of a God complex, and if you throw it in with an Aries moon (which is almost entirely subjective — I swear, I don’t put much stock in Aries to see the… Read more »

September 12, 2014 5:01 pm
Reply to  prettytheft

Totally agree about Sun vs. Moon position

MsAries
MsAries
August 31, 2014 9:24 am

I am an Aries. I’ve never been dumped. . .But so far. . . -broke up with my first love via hotmail; it was the early 00s. -broke up with a boyfriend after his surprise birthday party -I threw- ended. -left my wife because her mother annoyed me more than I loved her. -broke up with a Leo boyfriend because his ego was bigger than mine. -ended my marriage because my husband had a failure to provide issue (and I told him this). -stopped seeing a really nice guy because I was freaked out by what he would look like… Read more »

Erika
Erika
August 25, 2014 4:46 pm

I’m an Aries and would never date an Aries. Too much mars in the men. I prefer them mellow. I do have 2 nephews who I adore that are both Aries. Still young boys but one is a competitive athlete and the other is class president. I adore them and hope they are always alpha as they should be. I think that the Aries trait that most don’t get is that we love ourselves. LOVE ourselves. Not as an act of defiance but a genuine love that we feel everyone should have for themselves. This translates into bravado and overconfidence.… Read more »

Rachel
Rachel
August 22, 2014 8:53 pm

Ah–also when we first became close at the age of 14 was when he offered to do hypno therapy for me in our friend’s closet. (He has been teaching himself hypnosis)

Rachel
Rachel
August 22, 2014 8:50 pm

My high school sweetheart–now a dear friend–An anarchist activist locksmith clock worker (Taurus Mars/Venus)–has broken only one bone in his body–his skull–which he has broken three times. Very ADHD high energy in high school–started a school club our final year called “the man club” which became the largest club on our campus within two weeks–and somehow had more female members than male. Meetings basically just consisted of everybody standing on the gym floor while he gave glorious speeches above us in the upper bleachers. I realized then that he could have been a cult leader. Speaking of cults–he was also… Read more »

sabrina
sabrina
August 25, 2014 4:09 pm
Reply to  Rachel

<3 hahaha I love people like this!

kayo
kayo
August 22, 2014 1:10 pm

I’d been LZing over this dude for years. I was hypnotized, convinced I loved him, that we were so much alike, even though I knew exactly what he was about. I wanted to anyway. One night when I was a little drunk and sad and feeling neglected I decided to make it known. I’m not sure what I was thinking. I used the creepiest line in the world and he went for it hard. I was in the midst of transiting pluto conjunct my mars/jupiter/neptune/eros. It seemed every fantasy that I had was coming true but it played out like… Read more »

AquaSunLunarLeo
AquaSunLunarLeo
August 22, 2014 1:09 pm

Many tales to choose from, we went to a friend’s wedding where we were pitching the tent and staying the night. I was pregnant so got tucked into bed & sleeping long before the party fizzled. Woke about 3.30am to find Mr Aries or Supreme Commander as he liked to be known, missing a quick search found him passed out on the grass. Anyhoo it was in the daylight on waking that we noticed a massive amount of vivid marker pen ink on his hands. The happy couple had asked guests to leave an encouraging message on a huge canvas… Read more »

KK
KK
August 22, 2014 1:07 pm

I am an Aries who dated an Aries for 8 years! We broke up 3 times within those very long years. He is a musician, of course, and cheated on me throughout the whole relationship. I posed naked for his album cover and got him his 15 minutes of fame on Playboy.com with the cover ;)…The best story of his cheating was with him living in LA and me elsewhere. He called me crying because he was ejaculating blood….I felt so sorry for him and it was a year later when I learned he was with someone that night hence… Read more »

DoubleMutable
DoubleMutable
August 26, 2014 3:56 pm
Reply to  KK

Axl Rose? LOL…j/k

hdq
hdq
August 22, 2014 6:19 am

Heh after all that, I find myself chatting with a cute and not even CLOSE to Saturn returned Aries. He’s telling me all about the acceleration on his bike. Ha!

Paige Z
Paige Z
August 22, 2014 4:50 am

I’m an Aries and I take myself out on dates all the time.

I always score.

August 22, 2014 2:10 pm
Reply to  Paige Z

Love this!! 🙂

August 22, 2014 7:09 pm

Me too!

MsAries
MsAries
August 31, 2014 9:30 am
Reply to  Paige Z

Woot! Same! I’m an excellent effing date.

Hermeslove
Hermeslove
April 11, 2019 1:15 am
Reply to  Paige Z

Love this

August 22, 2014 4:47 am

Yep, fabulous, loved every minute of the 229 ? comments ???? Omg . We do make an impression. Aries are totally the fool card in the pack. The baby. Every day is new again. Babies have tremendous egos. Though the difference between a babies ego and an adults is that the baby is fascinated in itself , the healthy baby loves itself. This is more the nature of Aries ego. It’s not an ego that manipulates others or needs to put people down to feel good about themselves. .As an Aries male….to all you grown ups . Just because I… Read more »

August 22, 2014 6:47 am

That is exactly how I describe Arien selfishness/ego to people: as the baby is fascinated by its own fingers and toes. Do you begrudge the baby its selfishness? Do you take it personally? No! It’s a baby. And so Aries is the infant of the zodiac. Babies are also without guile and utterly charming. And as far as the comments that turned in that bizarre direction: if someone would really turn down an otherwise perfectly lovely suitor because of any aspect of their astro- well, most grown-ups with a modicum of intelligence would give those ninnies a wide berth anyway,… Read more »

August 22, 2014 6:59 am
Reply to  DP

I think what certain of those people failed to keep in mind is that this was a *contest for the most outrageous stories* of dating a particular sign. Just because I dated a Taurus who would only order meat and potatoes at restaurants (a Brit), and not let them touch each other on the plate- would stick to the same two or three sex positions and fantasies (pirate abducting waif was his fave), utterly boring me despite his “gifts”- that doesn’t mean I’ll never date a Taurus again. There are many perfectly lovely men in the world (1/12th of them!)… Read more »

Anonymous :P
Anonymous :P
August 22, 2014 8:11 am

that’s actually pretty funny

Electric Eel Libran
Electric Eel Libran
August 22, 2014 8:12 am

It’s not that I wouldn’t go out with one, it’s that quality ones never ask me out. And I haven’t found one I like enough to chase down to ask out. So maybe it works 2 ways and I’m actually an Aries repellant? All the ones I’ve ever seen who like me just sort of tail me like quiet ghosts that smell of sour milk and B.O. There was one that asked me out in April but then nothing. I guess I didn’t pass whatever test is necessary to get Ariean attention in the dating market. So yeah don’t take… Read more »

August 22, 2014 9:03 am

Sour milk and BO ? Are they still on the breast I wonder ? Can be a messy business with all the burping up etc.
Actually sounds like my local barista. You can hear him and smell him from the other side of the street. He none the less makes the perfect latte has a beautiful wife and kids and stinks. 2 outta 3 ain’t bad ?

electric eel libran
electric eel libran
August 22, 2014 10:08 am

well they are Aries sun with Cancer Moon…so milk makes sense i think.

iris aquacat
iris aquacat
August 22, 2014 9:02 am

I love Aries dynamos! I don’t think too many people would refuse a hot Aries just on the basis of their Sun sign anyway. And besides, when we factor in Progressed Suns a lot of Aquas and Fishies are running around bumping their heads, upping the exercise regimen, talking in bullet points and wondering why the hell they don’t need assertiveness classes anymore! Oh dear, cringing already at thought of people’s Aquarian dating show and tell stories…eek!

August 22, 2014 7:15 pm
Reply to  iris aquacat

OMG talking in bullet points- ha! Guilty as charged.

Speaking of progressed suns, mine is about to go into Gemini in October. Really really excited about this, as the sign change happens every 30ish years? Wondering if Mystic has any opinions or interest in progressed planets?

August 22, 2014 7:17 pm
Reply to  iris aquacat

And yes, I’ve got a mouthful about dating Aquarius (but not all bad, I really love them, despite or because they are only visitors to this planet).

August 22, 2014 1:50 pm

SCRAGS ?? !!!!! Oh that’s real charming David.

August 22, 2014 2:09 pm
Reply to  Anonymous

David speaks fluent ‘strayen – it’s quite unusual on this blog, lol.

August 22, 2014 2:32 pm
Reply to  Sphinx

well, that’s half of us on the blog! It’s rude. We were talking about bad dates. He’s taking it all a bit too personally.

August 22, 2014 2:42 pm
Reply to  Anonymous

Haha we’ve come full circle, I think it’s a feature of Aries to do that, don’t take it too personally. 😉

August 22, 2014 7:24 pm

🙂

August 22, 2014 4:48 pm
Reply to  Anonymous

If you are not a scrag why would it worry you ?
I’ve been on this blog for 12 years ? Or there about. Setting a scrag trap is one of the things I’ve been refining.
And here you are at the bottom of the pit.
Charming ? You wouldn’t know charming if it was blowing hot air up your ass.

August 22, 2014 5:36 pm

have you been an a-hole the whole 12 years, or is that something else you’ve been refining?

August 22, 2014 5:58 pm
Reply to  Anonymous

Oh dear still hissing from the pit.
Don’t worry, there is a new tag and release protocol in place. Soon you’ll be sedated and set free into your natural habitat. Which is I believe a river somewhere in the Amazon ?

August 22, 2014 5:46 pm

Grow up ffs, dave – can’t you see how you’re just digging your own grave? ….. oh wait – you can’t – you’re an Aries male.

Davidl
Davidl
August 22, 2014 6:47 pm
Reply to  Anonymous

Grow up ! That’s pretty funny considering the thread subject. Digging my own grave ?
Are you saying I’m ruining my standing in the community ?
That’s even funnier. Hellloooo , it’s far too late for that…care factor 0.
I stand by my contribution to this community and I stand by my right to call them as I see them.
Is that owkay with you ?

August 22, 2014 5:56 pm

Wow, what a waste of time – haven’t you got anything better to do with your life?
Btw, have you taken up knitting yet? highly recommended for stress – you sound awful.

August 22, 2014 6:03 pm

Scragg
A whore-ish person that’s not good looking and is sometimes two faced or just a Total bitch. You would use it to describe and insult another person.

Davidl
Davidl
August 22, 2014 6:59 pm
Reply to  Anonymous

Fuq, your doing that thing that disrupters always try. Having 25 sign ons , each one backing up the other. it’s confusing till you nail the culprit .
Shit ! I just realised ! Did I squish your ego ? Here is a compliment.
Your definition of scrag is pretty good.

Someotherspring
Someotherspring
August 22, 2014 4:08 am

Thanks Skarab! It felt very freeing to write it.

August 22, 2014 5:16 am

Scarab, someotherspring, Lucy ?
WTF ?

Lucy
Lucy
August 22, 2014 5:48 am

I didn’t reply to ‘Someotherspring’.
I don’t know who that is.

Lucy

Lucy
Lucy
August 22, 2014 6:25 am
Reply to  Lucy

David, Someotherspring is replying to Skarab who complimented her earlier in the post !

Someotherspring
Someotherspring
August 22, 2014 4:06 am

Congratulations, Lucy! Soon as I read it I HOWLED! You nailed it!

akapluto
akapluto
August 22, 2014 3:51 am

In defense of Aries, who I love SO MUCH, I will tell you that my uber Aries (sun venus mars AC conjunct) husband is THE MAN. Ok, so he got in a fight at 9:30 am on his way to meet me to get our marriage license…but someone pushed him off his bike and what was he to do? NOT get in a fight? Someone has to be a warrior around here. He has all the balls and bravado of an typical Aries but a fantastic Aqua moon, Jupiter/Saturn Libra and Merc Pisces that make him a wonderful friend, and… Read more »

akapluto
akapluto
August 22, 2014 3:33 am

Damn, wish I got to this entry in time- I consider myself the Dating Aries Men Aficionado. I just got married to a Sun Venus Mars Ascendent conjunct in Aries! My favorite story of an Aries past was from my rock bottom days…very very broke living in New York City. Dating and Aries who was a total hot mess, also very broke. We desperately wanted cigarettes and some food so we took the train to Harlem with the last of our money ( I said ROCK BOTTOM) to pawn my grandfather’s pocket watch at the 24 hour EZ pawn. They… Read more »

Lilyrosewitch
Lilyrosewitch
August 21, 2014 11:28 pm

I was once madly in love with several Aries men but that was long long ago before my Saturn Return. Enough said. So if I had to pick one who was the most insanely Mr. Aries it would be “The Heavy Weight Champion of the World” yes he wore a tiny skin tight t-shirt that boldly stated his title across his bulging pectoral muscles. He is 6’3 and stomps his megatron body around our earthly ground as if he was the transformer himself. A cliche Dragon tattoo on his left forearm but the much more notable right shoulder sleeve were… Read more »

August 22, 2014 10:52 pm
Reply to  Lilyrosewitch

“He will always be fondly remembered as my Aries joke from the Universe.”

lol!

August 22, 2014 10:53 pm

Also this:

“I was once madly in love with several Aries men but that was long long ago before my Saturn Return.”

SAME xo

Saturn return survivor
Saturn return survivor
August 21, 2014 8:01 pm

I dated an Aries chef for seven years (I’m Pisces). He drank like a fish, took every drug he could get his hands on & refused to feel happiness or contentment, he would sabotage it every time. Never lasted more than a year at any job. We started talking about getting married & having babies. The next night I came home from work to find he’d moved out. Just like that, after all that time. My clearest memory was during a fight once when I yelled at him “don’t you ever think about anyone besides yourself?” “No.” That shut me… Read more »

lacey
lacey
August 21, 2014 7:33 pm

Never again an Aires.

August 21, 2014 6:27 pm

Yay! Good for you Lucy!

LibGem
LibGem
August 21, 2014 7:59 pm

A fantastic read and a very deserving winner!! Highly entertaining as one would expect with such a topic!! ????

August 21, 2014 10:48 pm
Reply to  LibGem

Congrats Lucy!!!

August 21, 2014 11:50 pm

Cannot believe it.
Great prize for a Jupiter in Leo era.

Thank you MM !!

Lucy
Lucy
August 21, 2014 11:54 pm
Reply to  Anonymous

Sorry, it’s Lucy, forgot to type my name !

Year of the Phoenix
Year of the Phoenix
August 22, 2014 5:38 pm
Reply to  Lucy

Wow Lucy! You win alright!

Someotherspring
Someotherspring
August 21, 2014 2:12 pm

I have only dated ONE Aries (and they DO so love to be The One, yes?) because I’ve met very few straight Arian men. It just seems as if alla that macho stuff makes the pendulum swing in the OTHER direction, at least as far as I can see, anyway. I’m a Black American from NY and was living in London for an MA. Here HE comes stomping across campus, big, oafish, and (I kid you NOT) a face that called to mind Shrek, yep: with the requisite forehead gash from some alleged fight he had (and of COURSE, won,… Read more »

skarab
skarab
August 21, 2014 6:18 pm

love your story!

The very neat centaur
The very neat centaur
August 21, 2014 2:05 pm

OK. So my flatmate once dated an Aries guy. He was this blonde, well-built, med student. One day I came home when he was visiting and went to the loo where I discovered this HUGE crap lying in the toilet bowl. “Eeeewww!!” I screamed. “DON’T FLUSH!” he yells, running to the toilet, “I’m having a competition with Jamie (a mutual friend) and I’m so gunna win.” Yes folks, he was even competitive about the size and quality of his shit.

M
M
August 21, 2014 1:20 pm

Um, wow. Maybe the aries I’ve known have not been very aries? Your all’s stories are hilarious!
I’ve only ever had Aries who pine after me for 7-9 years (without my knowing) who I consider really close friends… When I find out that they think I’m the love of their lives I’m always super surprised and generally find them to be too “boring” for me… Then eventually we just grow apart. But strangely enough their love for me NEVER DIES. and it makes it really awkward to ever go visit my home town!

aries
aries
August 21, 2014 12:53 pm

Whoa, lots of stories about Aries show offs… love it.. I’ve never dated Aries. But, whenever I’m flirting or in love I LOVE showing off and I will only consider serious relationships with people who will show off to me constantly. It’s a turn-off when people show off and don’t realize that they’re not impressing. But when someone you already love and think is fantastic likes impressing you and you can cackle together in bed at night at how awesome you both are?? that’s makes my Aries heart sing <3 also something I think is fair to mention is the… Read more »

August 21, 2014 1:23 pm
Reply to  aries

Ewww. All this Aries stuff is putting me off the sign.

It’s one thing to be confident but showing off is just repulsive to this Cap

electric eel libran
electric eel libran
August 21, 2014 1:57 pm
Reply to  Anonymous

same here and I’m not even a Cap, but i got 10th house schtuff. Any high profile long lasting Cap and Aries couples?

August 21, 2014 2:26 pm
Reply to  Anonymous

bragging is repulsive too.

Skye
Skye
August 21, 2014 5:22 pm
Reply to  aries

I’ve seen three successful Aries female scorp male pairings. There’s an element of strutting and pride but a huge amount of passion and love. They seem to bring out the best in the other

Charles
Charles
August 21, 2014 12:35 pm

I once dated an Aries girl. No wait, I got that wrong. I never dated an Aries girl.

anotherbloodyaries
anotherbloodyaries
August 21, 2014 12:31 pm

i once dated an aries when i was at uni i spent most of my time trying to get rid of him, but he didn’t seem to understand the words “f**k off and die”, he would just turn up to take me out anyway and i was too soft to enforce it (we were part of the same bunch of friends) anyway, he managed to lift my keys and get one of his friends to get a key to my car cut but because he wouldn’t tell the others were dating, he made his friend drive from sydney’s north to… Read more »

Skye
Skye
August 21, 2014 12:24 pm

Dated?
Well, not quite.
He was typical ” I’m awesome” energy. Very good looking. Big life goals. Primal energy.

I was arrogant aqua “hes actually not very bright”… Tho I’m not exactly genius either.
We made out.
The lack of brain attraction ( no deep conversation ) stopped all potential romantic fixation on my part.

The following week he hooked up with my Gemini friend. She would come back from car parks in various states of dishevelment for several weekends after that.

DoubleMutable
DoubleMutable
August 21, 2014 11:52 am

p.s. Love this new post idea, Mystic, keep it up! Let’s go through the zodiac with all our horrendous, unbelievable, or wonderful stories of dating men/women from different signs. 🙂

DoubleMutable
DoubleMutable
August 21, 2014 11:49 am

As a young, naive Gem girl, I encountered a slew of Aries men, including my first “love.” Now I put the “love” in quotes because we really didn’t know each other at all, had a long-distance relationship, and probably spent a total of about 10 days in each other’s physical presence out of a year and a half of knowing each other. So, how does that work, you rightly ask? Well, me met one rainy weekend just weeks before I graduated high school because we were both in this international youth exchange program. We were both going to spend a… Read more »

lady j
lady j
August 21, 2014 9:55 am

As an avid (mm.. obsessive?) admirer of Aries, this is one of my favourite posts to not only read and savor, but also to comment on. This is probably going to get hot and steamy, but fuck it, as an Aries would say. This is a contest about conquest, and I am going to be the best at it. Let me tell you about this incredible Aries lover: Christopher. There has never been such a man that does not continuously send shivers down my spine even after years of not seeing or speaking to each other again by the single… Read more »

(-!-)v
(-!-)v
August 21, 2014 5:43 pm
Reply to  lady j

This is the most true to life description here for me, as an Aries bloke, of what the energy is like. Thank-you for putting it so succinctly and beautifully, Lady J.

lady j
lady j
August 22, 2014 1:24 pm
Reply to  (-!-)v

I’m so very touched to hear that. This was my first time writing about this experience and I dote on the Aries essence every now and then when I need to get the fires started in various aspects of my life. I’m so happy to hear I captured that spirit well. Thank you for reading! xo

August 22, 2014 12:02 am
Reply to  lady j

moar gemini stories. pi x

lady j
lady j
August 22, 2014 1:53 pm
Reply to  Anonymous

Ha! Are you a gemini too? Reading through this thread, there are quite a few Gems who’ve had appetites for Aries and vice a versa. Chris was a fascinating specimen of Aries. Loud and clamoring, like a child clanking around in toy armor with such an endearing fury over something you want to but never could understand. Let’s see, some incredible Aries moments/characteristics this Gem takes away from this erm, “relationship” (situation? hobby? sport?) are: – Incredibly sensitive skin. Like, incredibly. Not in the ticklish way, in the sort of way that you are so amused that someone with such… Read more »

August 22, 2014 6:58 pm
Reply to  lady j

These are great observations! Some that I resonate with: -I have incredibly sensitive skin. If I love to be petted just as you say, and also react terribly to any constricting clothing (a tight pair of pants will leave me with a ring of welts around my waist for two days, painful and itchy). -Related: yes, allergy sensitivity to bug bites (they love me), not pollen but anything my body doesn’t agree with comes out on my skin in rotten ways (and yes I am a big baby about it). – yes to the vacillation between hedonism and monasticism. Incredible… Read more »

August 21, 2014 8:47 am

Hi, i´m new here 🙂 I’m a Gemini guy. Sorry if i use the wrong words, my english is not perfect. Once i dated an Aries guy who looked like a washed up version of James Franco with less money but the same instagram fetiche. I have Venus in Aries myself and i was going trough this whatever phase so i said yes to his constant sexual harrasment (he was very direct, not subtle at all, he even draw a picture once) and agree to go out with him. Anyways, we didn’t even make it to dinner, we just laugh… Read more »

August 21, 2014 8:58 am
Reply to  GeminiRising

🙂 Welcome! Am noting a theme here that Aries will baldly request that others hide so they can carry on with other parts of their lives unaffected.

So are you Gemini Sun and Gemini Rising? Where is yr moon?

August 21, 2014 9:26 am
Reply to  Sphinx

Hi! Gemini Sun, Mars and Rising, My moon is in Libra! Every Aries sun is opposite my Moon which are my needs i guess, so yeah, i’m trying to switch that Venus in Aries vibe to Venus in Leo, wich i attract a lot anyway lol 🙂

August 21, 2014 9:38 am
Reply to  GeminiRising

Wow! Is your sun in the 1st? That would enhance an Arian attraction. Nice Moon to go with all that Gemini. I am sure all the fire signs would enjoy you and you would enjoy them, particularly Saggi’s with your DC.

August 21, 2014 9:53 am
Reply to  Sphinx

Yes, Sun in the 1st, Mars Rising, and yeah my milkshake do bring Aries boys to the yard (that sounded wrong) but i really can’t be serious with them (or my moon can’t). Currently dating a Lunar Sagittarius (who is traveling the world, as they do). You’re very good at this 🙂

August 21, 2014 10:07 am
Reply to  GeminiRising

Ha, yes I think the point of that ‘milkshake’ line is it always sounds wrong, lol. Lunar Saggi sounds gr8 for you. Where’s your NN?

August 21, 2014 3:07 pm
Reply to  Sphinx

Mi NN is in Taurus! (XII house)

August 21, 2014 6:30 pm
Reply to  GeminiRising

Freud.

Taurus = Couch + Person = Freud.

Get thee to a couch & dream.

August 22, 2014 8:51 am
Reply to  Sphinx

I never thought of Freud before! awesome! *lays down* *starts eatng a bunch of grapes*

August 21, 2014 10:45 am
Reply to  GeminiRising

Interesting, I have an Aries Sun and feel the same about Gemini men- I attract a lot of them to my yard but despite being fond friends and enthusiastic lovers, they never quite hit the emotional bullseye for me.

lady j
lady j
August 21, 2014 10:03 am
Reply to  Sphinx

Ahaha, “Am noting a theme here that Aries will baldly request that others hide so they can carry on with other parts of their lives unaffected.”

This happened to me too with an Aries! But I found it so terribly amusing. I’m a Gem Sun/Merc/Venus in the 5th. I used the experience as well for interesting story materials!

August 21, 2014 10:09 am
Reply to  lady j

Yes my theory is that brashness and suddenness are Aries weapons as much as brawn. You don’t have time to think & find yourself under a dashboard or in a cupboard if you’re not careful.

lady j
lady j
August 21, 2014 10:10 am
Reply to  Sphinx

Yes! They are truly weapons! They also are so fast! They operate on this whole “THERE IS NO TIME MOVE MOVE MOVE GO GO GO FAST FAST ZIP” energy.

August 21, 2014 3:08 pm

lol, totally!

Lux Interior is My Co-Pilot
Lux Interior is My Co-Pilot
August 21, 2014 8:45 am

I’ve never dated an Aries!

R(Aqua/Tauri)
R(Aqua/Tauri)
August 21, 2014 8:32 am

My Mars is in Aries and I can’t help but like them. Despite being completely obnoxious at times the more intelligent ones are legitimately hilarious manchildren…being somewhat of a Peter Pan myself is what builds the connection I think. Both the Aries I dated were classic ENFP 7s (for those into typology), tall and thin with black hair, fair skin, boyish gap teeth, freckles, and no scars that I remember but strangely shaped foreheads. Super charismatic and exrtroverted, extremely passionate about their special interests/talents, always down for a new adventure. I am extremely introverted and just could not keep up… Read more »

iris aquacat
iris aquacat
August 21, 2014 8:31 am

I met a spunky Aries- instant attraction- I knew he was pretty keen when he lifted his T Shirt up to show me that he hadn’t lost his peak rugby body condition (2 minutes after meeting him) – nice abs. He asked me out to a party where I didn’t know a soul- I met him there and he told me he thought I was stalking him…at this point I just knew he had Mercury in Pisces and it was going to be a hot mess. Anyway in a moment of unhinged insanity I went home with him…he ripped his… Read more »

DoubleMutable
DoubleMutable
August 21, 2014 11:54 am
Reply to  iris aquacat

Haha, hilarious!

Hardeep
Hardeep
August 21, 2014 8:09 am

I once dated an Aries….he was the bachelor who just split with Cha Cha (a leggie dancer) and i showed up in closer proximity. Our first meeting was an interview and he spent the time charming me and obviously admiring my legs – hoping my skirt would be shorter. He made it obvious that i was to be conquered and an agonising (in a holding self back from sexual abandon way) 18 months later I succumbed. He is still unbelievably potent in his early 60’s. One of our first dates came as he drove his red dirt ridden 4 wd… Read more »

Hardeep
Hardeep
August 21, 2014 8:32 am
Reply to  Hardeep

There is a common behaviour around the people that don’t like my aries – they want to take him down, put him in is place sort of stuff.

He finds these people amusing. There is no down for him, that space belongs to others 😉

Dido
Dido
August 21, 2014 7:36 am

I lived with an Aries man for three years. He was a musician/sommelier/drug dealer an liked to say he was in ‘attitude reajustment’. When we were breaking up (a break I instigated) we met in the park one lunch time to discuss the rental agreement, our mutual possessions etc. For his lunch Aries brought a whole tuna steak, fresh from the fishmonger. He carefully unwrapped it and as we spoke, took bites from the bloody red piece of flesh. I tried not to take any notice, but must have raised an eyebrow at one point. He just did a little… Read more »

Lucy
Lucy
August 21, 2014 7:06 am

I had a dream about a man with a huge grin on his face and then I met him ten years later. He looked like this guy in the photo on his throne and he was into games, wore summer seersucker suits since he was a kid when his mother made him. Shorts and t-shirts were for the working class like me. When it was over he said that I didn’t need to cut him off and pretend like we were nothing but I did have to. Typical Aries. He drank boatloads of imported beer, went to bars where beautiful… Read more »

August 21, 2014 7:43 am
Reply to  Lucy

Great summation.

August 21, 2014 8:54 am
Reply to  Lucy

I like this, has a feeling of je ne sais quoi.

Axl - taurus sun/rising
Axl - taurus sun/rising
August 21, 2014 7:01 am

“Once I dated an Aries.” Said no-one, ever.

Year of the Phoenix
Year of the Phoenix
August 21, 2014 7:00 am

My first defacto was an Aries 10yesrs older than me – he was a man child who had a deep romantic streak had been a 70s punk kid making underground movies and in a band (a dangerous thing to do in Brisbane in those days….) He had none of the typical male traits but if pushed would knee jerk – neighbour would wake and put the radio on before work – couldn’t handle this so instead of talking just put speakers in the windows at 7am and started blasting or we would have a fight and he would find my… Read more »

hdq
hdq
August 21, 2014 6:44 am

Never dated one (I think), but I had an Aries housemate for the last half of July, and she was fierce! Ex-pro athlete, ran for an hour and a half every day, lived almost entirely on buckwheat, refused to use the tub in favor of a cold shower with the hose, interrupted every dating/relationship conversation within two minutes with a “yes yes but how was the sex?” She would periodically scream in Bulgarian on the phone to her contractor for twenty minutes at a time. She doesn’t date. She has one night stands and a ltfwb who flies her around… Read more »

August 21, 2014 8:59 am
Reply to  hdq

She lived on buckwheat and had energy for anything? I feel tired reading this, lol.

August 21, 2014 9:48 am
Reply to  Sphinx

Yes! She’d make a big pot once a week and eat a bowl with soy milk for breakfast and with spices for lunch. Once she made tomato avocado salad and once she ate a bowl of beans that I made. Some earl grey tea, and that’s it! 12hr nursing shifts on that too, and in her late 50s. I don’t know what her exact bday is, but maybe she’s getting hit by Uranus? It doesn’t seem sustainable at all to me, but I guess it works if you’re an Aries, maybe?

August 21, 2014 4:21 pm
Reply to  Sphinx

I SERIOUSLY FELT TIRED READING IT TOO LOL.

August 21, 2014 9:35 pm

YES, YES, BUT HOW WAS THE SEX???!! 🙂

veronica
veronica
August 21, 2014 9:11 am
Reply to  hdq

on buckwheat! Is that a good high performance staple? I have moon in aqua, I kind of love the idea of a magic superfood I could more or less live on, with occasional forays to the grocery store when there was nothing else to do.

August 21, 2014 9:35 am
Reply to  veronica

Buckwheat has more protein than rice, wheat, millet or corn and is high in the essential amino acids lysine and arginine, plus it is G/F.

V remember MM’s link on soylent? You could try that. 🙂

August 21, 2014 9:52 am
Reply to  Sphinx

But oh is it an acquired taste. One the few foods that I genuinely dislike.
-hdq

Veronica
Veronica
August 21, 2014 10:20 am
Reply to  Sphinx

Sphinx, the above veronica is veronica#2, not moi!

veronica#2, it will be a bit confusing if you keep using that name. I’ve been using it on here for a few years now.

electric eel libran
electric eel libran
August 21, 2014 1:49 pm
Reply to  Sphinx

be careful of too much phosphorus from eating buckwheat all the time. 🙁 It can leach calcium from your bones.

Charles
Charles
August 21, 2014 5:48 am

LOL I guess I have a Mars Mark too, of a sort. I still have a little lump on my forehead, dating back to when I was about 8 years old. I was playing baseball, out in left field, high fly ball, it’s up in the sun I can’t see it, I got it, oops conk right on the forehead. I was knocked out cold.

Veronica
Veronica
August 21, 2014 5:15 am

Actually, in defence of Arian Males, I have two words: Adrien Brody.

(In the suits he wore in Darjeeling Limited)

Veronica
Veronica
August 21, 2014 10:21 am
Reply to  Veronica

another two words, Christopher Walken!

August 21, 2014 10:55 am
Reply to  Veronica

I also like Seth Rogan, Paul Rudd, Robert Downey Jr, and Michael Fassbender, he’s just sexy, even if he seems a bit awful.

August 21, 2014 11:04 am
Reply to  Sphinx

Ooh I love those last two. RDJ is such a firecracker, and Fassbender could have me anytime, anywhere.

Is he awful? I don’t know anything about him IRL, only that he does take on some twisted roles (Shame, OMG).

anon
anon
August 21, 2014 4:47 am

Maybe it’s my Libra Venus / Moon, but I tend to attract a lot of them. “Another bloody Aries,” I say to myself when yet another appears in my life. My most Aries-Aries had Aries Sun exact Aries Mercury in his first house. First sentence from him on our first date : “I’m an award-winning photographer.”

Ariel
Ariel
August 24, 2014 12:25 pm
Reply to  anon

Me too! Moon in Aries conjunct Jupiter & North Node in Ninth House, is what I blame that on. After last one I’ve vowed, no more! But all three are the only men I’ve ever fallen in love with.

Electric Eel Libran
Electric Eel Libran
August 21, 2014 4:08 am

these stories make me never want to date an Aries. wtf? 🙁 But i don’t think I have anything to worry about.

Skye
Skye
August 21, 2014 12:30 pm

🙂 I’m actually surprised at lack of horror stories.

electric eel libran
electric eel libran
August 21, 2014 1:55 pm
Reply to  Skye

it depends on what you consider horror. 😉

smelly, sweaty, impatient, thinks they a sex god, unstable, now-now-now, chutzpah and athleticism over common sense, etc… just doesn’t appeal to me. Sounds boring. It must be my packed 10th house.

Scorpbot
Scorpbot
August 21, 2014 4:34 pm

Haha!!! I agree with you EEL!!
None of the adjectives and qualities you’ve listed is even remotely appealing!! Have never dated an Aries.

And sweaty… gross! 😯 I have to really, really fancy someone to find that sexy, otherwise my Venus in Libra and Mars in Virgo kicks in and I get distracted and turned off.

Sun and Neptune in 10th house

Skye
Skye
August 21, 2014 5:16 pm

Oh in that sense, yes I agree. Smelly def not a turn on:-)

I hadn’t read any long drawn out LZ drama when I read replies re Aries which I found funny.

tw:leo
tw:leo
August 21, 2014 4:05 am

almost dated an aries. that fucker did whatever he damn well pleased. first pseudo-date was sex in the back of a van after attending a concert with him and his gf and his bro. i remember he bonked his big-ass forehead on something.

skarab
skarab
August 21, 2014 3:39 am

Ok, so we are all familiar now with Mars Marks – but what about Neptune Knob or Fish Forehead? These are permanent lumps on foreheads from continually bumping into glass doors or windows. I know 3 people other than myself who have Neptune on the ascendant or Pisces Moon who have such permanent lumps.

piscorp
piscorp
August 21, 2014 5:00 pm
Reply to  skarab

Ha Ha I think we could talk about feet in this case .

capintransit
capintransit
August 21, 2014 2:02 am

My best aries affair began when he delivered a refrigerator and we fucked in the kitchen. We became lovers and he would climb in my bedroom window every morning to ‘wake me’ (and him) before going off to surf with his mates. We broke up when he went to Antarctica and ended up unable to work for 3 months there, because he caught a helicopter (with his bare hands) as it crashed into the ship’s deck in order to save another crew member (the landing things slewed off his arms and he managed to tip it enough to knock it… Read more »

virgo kathleen
virgo kathleen
August 21, 2014 1:46 am

weird story time. A disclaimer, I was on rebound from a psycho ex, and I was trying out ‘casual dating’. So, I didn’t really date this girl, it was more like we hung out a few times after she found me on okcupid. So, she was very butch, VERY gay, and liked to drink a lot. She had a best friend who was a gay guy. Their relationship was very weird and codependent. She made out him with when bored and/or drunk. And, oh, did I mention, she was in seminary school to become a Lutheran priest. I guess she… Read more »

virgo kathleen
virgo kathleen
August 21, 2014 2:33 am
Reply to  virgo kathleen

Re-reading that, I am sorry if I’ve offended any Christians. I respect all religions. I have a nasty personal history with Christianity (Catholicism). But I still shouldn’t make remarks like that.

Mirabelle
Mirabelle
August 21, 2014 1:43 am

Man meets woman. He introduces himself as ‘Bo’. She thinks it’s strange that he’s named ‘Rainbow’, but leaves that at the door and takes him on. He dances like nothing else….Fabulous streamlined suits, nonchalant rings (known as his armour), and his trademark white, CRISP, sneakers. They flash brightly with his clean, sunny smile. Everywhere they go he has the best time laughing with the ladies. There is always at least one who fawns over his sneakers, and within minutes he’s best pals (naturally), with any man nearby. In a fast club in London, he told a Leo that she was… Read more »

dawn
dawn
August 21, 2014 1:42 am

you can never be committed to an Aries I truly believe you are just a stop they make on their never ending to do list or at least thats what my experience was for 3 years with one

Panda Girl
Panda Girl
August 21, 2014 1:30 am

Once I dated an Aries who bodily lifted a pony into the back of his van to deliver to me as a present.

Seriously, I could go into his more traditional Aries elements (seat-of-your-pants home improvement? Totally. Have tools, have random stuff that can be cobbled together into a scaffold – go!), but the pony tops everything.

calypso
calypso
August 21, 2014 8:50 am
Reply to  Panda Girl

love that about the pony 🙂