The Ides Of April

Les Hélicoptères, 1972

April is a punish. An astrological pattern that is cardinal a.k.a. cathartic as fuq, a healing crisis and a half, the Zap Zone on steroids. The Uranus in Aries square Pluto in Capricorn situation ongoing since 2012 is now augmented by Mars and Jupiter.

It is the natural enemy of half-baked faux economic fixes like quantitative easing and bailouts. In classical astrology, it would be considered a war configuration.  The astro-crap of April is not always spelled out by me in the Horoscopes (there are not that many synonyms for ‘cathartic’ you understand) but understand: I am totally on to it and in the Daily Mystic email + Horoscopes am going to be offering up some highly specific, pointed advice for actually thriving through this thing.

Because even though it is electric and intense, there are also opportunities for the aware.  We always knew 2014 was going to be a year we’d have to bring our A-Vibe and April will be the proof of that. Subscribers, please keep an eye out for an extra Daily Mystic email, totally about April…

Image: Robert Doisneau – Les Helicopteres

Scorporation, Inc.
Scorporation, Inc.
January 22, 2014 6:20 am

Is that bird shit on those lovely statues? Helicopter droppings? Hawkeye can bunk with me: I got a thing for tall surgeons on the front lines.

Taurus Vixen
Taurus Vixen
January 21, 2014 12:08 pm

Interesting. I’ve had this gut feeling for months that a major life change is coming and it will be in April. One of those your life will be completely different from the way it is now gut feelings. Hoping to reap the rewards of all my internal hard work.

Emg
Emg
January 21, 2014 9:18 am

April is always pretty full on and usually I can get to grips with it seeing as it is all eaten up in my first house. Ego rules! Last April was just the pits and I had a massive melt down for all the right reasons I suppose but meltdown it was and I am still clearing up. This April by all accounts is going to be a doozy. I’m not worried, I’m interested to see what occurs. I sort of figure I am ready to ride this big maverick!

January 21, 2014 5:02 am

The “punish” is only if your an ignorant, selfish, greedy and arrogant asshole. It’s brought upon onself…

Sure most of us here aren’t, eh?

Don’t worry…be happy 🙂

pH
pH
January 21, 2014 5:15 am
Reply to  sweetpea

“Asshole”, really? Oh like, bad things only happen to bad people? Strongly disagree.

I do think though that the tough times are soul-enriching lessons, if you can get through them intact.

January 22, 2014 5:23 am
Reply to  pH

Nope. I meant what I said…One brings it upon oneself…

January 22, 2014 5:26 am
Reply to  sweetpea

It’s about ego…not being “bad”…One is a moral judgement, the other perception and how one treats others.

We reap what we sow..

pH
pH
January 22, 2014 5:33 am
Reply to  sweetpea

Would you bring it upon yourself if a loved one was hit by a car and died? As an example.

January 22, 2014 5:43 am
Reply to  pH

Again, I am talking about ego in this instance. Willfull knowingness of one’s actions. Accidents are energies that that may or may not be driven by conscious choices. The energies may have been buried deep within the genetics/dna of a person and those energies passed down. Then some one family member plays them out. It is not because they are bad, its because the energy needed to be cleared and realigned. I’m sorry if I hurt you lovely. I didn’t mean to. Only we know in our own hearts what our motivations are on an ~ego~ level. We are given… Read more »

pH
pH
January 22, 2014 5:53 am
Reply to  sweetpea

I understand where you’re coming from, no worries 🙂
Didn’t like the judgmental tone and the word asshole, i guess.

January 22, 2014 6:17 am
Reply to  pH

Yeah welll I saw those military helicopeters and the gizz on the Goddess and was pissed, you know?

Have a good day x

January 22, 2014 8:29 am
Reply to  sweetpea

I love you.

pH
pH
January 22, 2014 9:27 am
Reply to  sweetpea

🙂 🙂
Xo

January 21, 2014 4:55 am

Very provocatve pic Myst .

And still don’t know which day of course that ZZ grandaughter is going to be born as far as being a Pisces or an Aries…she is due 3/20… same day double Leo Mum died, 2010 and with her ZZ exact on my Sun and Saturn, this young lady commin’ in with a thing or two for grannie no doubt…On a spirtual level just know we’re in cahoots…hee

virgo kathleen
virgo kathleen
January 21, 2014 4:12 am

The magic degree is 13* right? Oh my god…Uranus in Aries is going to be right on my MC. *gulp*. This year so far has been about getting a lot of work done…nose to the grindstone. I imagine April will be the same. Really motivated in terms of career. I’m taking classes to switch mine. So I am busy now that classes have started again. I’m reading an amazing book, Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg. Just started but every word has me going “YES!”. It’s about how to be successful a leader as… Read more »

anotherGemini
anotherGemini
January 21, 2014 12:42 am

Just thinking, the bodies of those gorgeous women captured in bronze would be stupidly considered fat in the sparrow, skinny obsessed culture of our day.

Jen
Jen
January 21, 2014 12:03 am

Considering I am due to have a baby in early April, it’s hard not to be a little concerned about this!

virgo kathleen
virgo kathleen
January 21, 2014 4:13 am
Reply to  Jen

wow, so exciting…and what interesting astro to be born into!

Veronica
Veronica
January 22, 2014 9:14 am
Reply to  Jen

My astro is similar, April with lots of squares and oppositions, and I’m nearly 50 and quite ok!

It would have been good in retrospect perhaps, to have some astro understanding of the challenges that lay ahead
But your little Aries baby will no doubt be up for all that!

Jen
Jen
January 22, 2014 3:19 pm
Reply to  Veronica

That’s nice to hear! I have no doubt that she’s going to be a little spitfire! 🙂

Twin-gemini
Twin-gemini
January 20, 2014 9:21 pm

I always loved April – one of my Airies turns 16 on the 1st. And I have my DSC and in my 7th house. January proved great for me and I want more of that!

prowlncrab
prowlncrab
January 20, 2014 8:44 pm

Right that’s it. If January is a precursor to April then I am going out into the bush somewhere with a month supply of valium and am staying well out of range from any form of human contact. Fuq DAT!

Blue Moon
Blue Moon
January 20, 2014 10:05 pm
Reply to  prowlncrab

me too…..me toooo!!!!!!!

WOOHOO
WOOHOO
January 20, 2014 5:35 pm

*GIANT sigh*

WOOHOO
WOOHOO
January 21, 2014 9:31 am
Reply to  WOOHOO

It’s not external forces that worry me – it’s my own inner demons. I hope I’m super busy!

Leo-on-the-Rise
Leo-on-the-Rise
January 21, 2014 2:50 am

Mystic have you seen this??? http://www.theguardian.com/theobserver/2014/jan/18/susan-miller-astrologer-interview

Susan Miller – The Apocalypsemeister – she’s giving classes in NY about it….. WTF?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Flower
Lotus Flower
January 21, 2014 6:15 am

I KNOW!! I read that too and started mildly panicking actually lol.

January 22, 2014 6:24 am
Reply to  Lotus Flower

Have this square all over my Aries parts. If I don’t come back you’ll know I didn’t survive. 🙂

I mean really, we are ~transitioning~.

It’s like I tell massage patients who don’t want the massage to hurt but want to get better. “Hey, I didn’t put the pain in there but it’s gotta come out”…

January 20, 2014 4:48 pm

Oh shitballs i’m doing something totally major in April, and since there ain’t no way around it, i’ve been quietly ignoring this. So, er, the astro will definitely affect my 2nd H Capricorn Mars, my 5th H Aries Merc, my 8th H Kataka transited by Jupiter and my 11th H Uranus in Libra. While i finally come to the end of my transient lifestyle…RIGHT.

Opportunity. Right? RIGHT??

Well hey as i said of Uranus transits, forewarned isn’t really forearmed. Expect the unexpected et al. Forearmed is forearmed! (or is this the Iran/N Korea mentality, unsuited to Mars in Libra?)

Scorporation, Inc.
Scorporation, Inc.
January 22, 2014 6:10 am
Reply to  milleunanotte

Right!

And I love that you said Shitballs. x

Serenity
Serenity
January 20, 2014 4:03 pm

Balls to the walls this April. No other way. I’ve been waiting for this. All my cardinal planets oppose or square the present transits. I’m not about wimping out on my puisr. I’ve got nothing to lose but do much more to gain.

libralady
libralady
January 20, 2014 3:39 pm

My son turns 21 on the 18th April, so Aries sun and Cap rising. He has been doing haute Aries: good nutrition, epic fitness and forging ahead in his career and saving to build a house. Very very proud mama here :)))

orion
orion
January 20, 2014 3:27 pm

This could be more living with less, and being happy about it, while in the background, I foster the hope that I will be beamed up by a spaceship, recipient of windfall sums of money, or be at the center of a widely publicized lawsuit and NY times article. lol. That is what the zap zone has been bringing me.

January 20, 2014 4:42 pm
Reply to  orion

Are you saying that the ZZ SO FAR has brought you a lawsuit and a NY Time article, but you’d prefer alien abduction plus loot? I mean, understandable preference. Or do u think you’ve got it coming?

orion
orion
January 23, 2014 12:28 pm
Reply to  milleunanotte

The zap zone has amped up my hope for how things could work out better – for example thinking that its setting me up to get windfall sums of cash, or thinking that alien abduction is just around the corner, but none of it is realistic.

pH
pH
January 20, 2014 3:18 pm

I’m actually scared of April. Pluto opposite Sun didn’t scare me, but this spring sounds horrible.

freedom ala air
freedom ala air
January 20, 2014 3:40 pm
Reply to  pH

Me too! Holy Shit! I’ve just had such a painful personal time cathartic as fuck deep realisations, but feeling trapped in taking responsibility for my behavior while others don’t… Not just others my loved ones, meanwhile I get blocked out! My heart has broken so open I’m worried about the impact in my health… … Ivevjust been for a healing now and will sleep now… One thing I’ve learnt in thus period is that I have to keep things to myself about my pain, so.e things are not best shared, and destroy relationships… I also have to remember that I… Read more »

Year of the Pheonix
Year of the Pheonix
January 20, 2014 1:28 pm

Thanks Mystic! Your advise has been invaluable spesh last week – my moon in scorp pre-empted a unlawful dismissal – pheeew fore warned etc….. My detached state was able to withstand the super crap return of mr big and he looks more and more the pre zap zone fo he is Meanwhile did have super crush sneak up on me so had it all going on!!! Now am ready for whatever comes – my lillith in cancer conj all the other goddesses supported me against his all out attack and I coolly shutdown all his ridiculously petty issues – actually… Read more »

Lux Interior is My Co-Pilot
Lux Interior is My Co-Pilot
January 20, 2014 1:15 pm

Crapola. I mean…um, awesome challenge?

I am going to lie low and stock up on carob/herbal teas.

emily
emily
January 20, 2014 12:52 pm

I noticed this. April 2nd and 21st. What’s gonna happen? The zap zone has been good to me actually, but I’m expecting pretty full and interesting days.

Pegasus
Pegasus
January 20, 2014 12:43 pm

April is not my most favourite month anyway, probably because of easter and end of summer.

VenusRules
VenusRules
January 20, 2014 2:11 pm
Reply to  Pegasus

I always find Aries energy the hardest of all to manage as a Scorp with Taurus rising and Cap moon. Can’t deal with the rush/impulsiveness. But here in US April means spring, so we love that! This winter was old before it even began.

calypso
calypso
January 20, 2014 6:01 pm
Reply to  VenusRules

Yes, I have the same Sun & Rising VR, and I feel the same about Aries energy, although I wondered if it was because I have a Libra stellium. Maybe not! Maybe it’s because I have no fire in my chart but Chiron in Aries.

Scorpbot
Scorpbot
January 20, 2014 7:06 pm
Reply to  calypso

Well I have moon in Sagg but still can’t deal with the Aries energy. You know I have Venus in libra but also Cap Asc which is incompatible with that full on Aries vibe.

calypso
calypso
January 20, 2014 8:13 pm
Reply to  Scorpbot

yeah right! the opposition and the square – so my libra stell + Cap Mars = ram trouble?

Scorpbot
Scorpbot
January 20, 2014 8:15 pm
Reply to  calypso

Lol. Keep forgetting you have Cap Mars!! What degree?

My Asc is 3°

calypso
calypso
January 20, 2014 8:18 pm
Reply to  Scorpbot

24º – the new moon was practically on it….

Scorpbot
Scorpbot
January 20, 2014 8:27 pm
Reply to  calypso

And Venus coming up to apply 🙂

calypso
calypso
January 20, 2014 8:33 pm
Reply to  Scorpbot

oh yeah, it’s pregnant with potential!

your AC trines my Saturn in Toro and sextiles my Sun

DP
DP
January 21, 2014 4:48 pm
Reply to  calypso

I am an Über-Aries and usually love the onrushing of April energy, but last year, with that pile-up in Aries plus Zap Zone… traumatic doesn’t begin to describe it. I never thought there was such a thing as too much Aries, but my god, let this April not be a repeat, or worse.

catfish moon
catfish moon
January 20, 2014 4:31 pm
Reply to  Pegasus

Oh. It is so lovely here in April in northern California, with wild irises, tiny tulips, and other dainty wildflowers.

VenusRules
VenusRules
January 20, 2014 5:23 pm
Reply to  catfish moon

Yes – if you get some rain!

saoirse
saoirse
January 20, 2014 12:30 pm

so i haven’t posted here before, just love your insights. i hope to be around more, i am grabbing for attention from astro world because north node 12 cap, sun 12 aries and on and on.

i just thought, maybe they can hug me.

love saoirse

saoirse
saoirse
January 20, 2014 4:48 pm

i am planning on being in a trailer for my birthday the 2nd of april. party of one with trees.