Monday Is Artemis Day

Magic golden crown

“Spiritual practice will not eliminate negative emotions. Emotions are part of the palette of life, part of the way consciousness moves. Not only can’t you get rid of them, but you’d feel empty and impoverished if you did. Practice can change your relationship to emotions, so that instead of being swamped by certain feeling states, you can hold them, contain them, see into their essence, and ultimately, use emotions in the service of your liberation.”

Sally Kempton

Fuq yeah. From the next New Moon (in Virgo!) i am doing the 30 day hot yoga challenge. This one – not Bikram. I think this guy is to hot yoga what Freud is to shrinkery maybe. There are court cases afoot so not going into it but he is a an Aquarius gentleman of a certain era, tres fixed, weak Mars.

Image: Golden Smith Sunrise Bangle

scorpiorising
scorpiorising
August 15, 2013 1:57 am

I love this ring and the 30 day hot yoga challenge.
When’s the New Moon in Virgo? I somehow last track of the New Moons been too busy lately.

VV
VV
August 13, 2013 10:41 am

I did a month at Hom Yoga too. LOVED it. Enjoy MM.

Diana
Diana
August 13, 2013 12:15 am

Happy ME day!

August 12, 2013 4:03 pm
calypso
calypso
August 12, 2013 7:36 pm
Reply to  Andromeda

wow, do you love that horsey pendant Andro? Scorp Inc? the other person who just bought a horse?!

Domestic Triffid
Domestic Triffid
August 12, 2013 3:00 pm

This TED talk on Vulnerability by Brene Brown is one of the most well thought out approaches to emotions that I have come across. Her point is that we cannot selectively numb uncomfortable or unpleasant emotions. When we numb grief, or loneliness, or anger (using food, drugs, detachment, sex, shopping etc), we also numb out our capacity for joy, connectedness and love. She makes the point that we have to be prepared to feel vulnerable and to accept even very difficult emotions, or we will cut ourselves off from the true source of emotional recovery – which is the capacity… Read more »

Domestic Triffid
Domestic Triffid
August 12, 2013 3:01 pm
Aquavirgoes
Aquavirgoes
August 12, 2013 5:17 pm

I recently read an article about Brene Brown and was really impressed with her approach, the stuff about shame was particularly interesting to me. Anger can be a really useful and positive emotion for change sometimes but it is not ‘acceptable’ for women to express it (major generalization obviously) As for the boys (I have 4 so know what you are talking about) buy a cordless phone and either lock them or yourself outside (or in the bathroom if it’s raining lol) Unfortunately they grow so fast (my eldest is 18) it is important sometimes to step back, count blessings… Read more »

Pi
Pi
August 12, 2013 7:38 pm

i always ALWAYS lol at mindfulness edicts, pilgrimages, man-in-cave scenarios, but I just can’t take this universe of thinking quite with a straight face until I see it integrate the experience of women. and particularly, in the role of mother. or, on the other hand, see more female authors expound their experiences in relation to this. maybe I sound like a twat as I am neither buddhist, nor a hermit nor a mother but i feel the gender divide in the literature quite keenly.

Domestic Triffid
Domestic Triffid
August 12, 2013 11:34 pm
Reply to  Pi

This is why I like Sarah Napthali so much – a really open and generous exploration of what it means to bring Buddhism to being a Mother. I found it enormously helpful (and still do); but I am very highly strung – I have sensitive hearing – and sometimes I get physically overwhelmed with the amount of noise that three small boys can make. Sometimes you can’t be mindful, and there is no cave to go to…. Mr Squeaky has a roar which can be heard a kilometer away and he doesn’t calm down, he just keeps arcing up until… Read more »

freedom ala air
freedom ala air
August 12, 2013 10:13 pm

gorgeous…. yes yes yes

anon
anon
August 12, 2013 2:56 pm

am just about to read your link so have no idea what it says but my experience of that guy is that my bestie was going to his classes twice a day 6-7 times a week. we had to have the ‘have you joined a cult’ talk, followed in quick succession by the “are you going to die because you’re leaching your body dry’ one. OBSESSED

anon
anon
August 12, 2013 3:19 pm
Reply to  anon

crazy article, my friend got all strange about meeting that guy I just remembered we had a weird conversation about it. That’s when the cult talk happened.

I have a theory gestating involving the links between brands, spirituality and corporations or capitalism and whether they can work in harmony while remaining true to the fundamentals of each. Is there anything astrologically going on that could help me work through the ideas Mystic?

Scorpbot
Scorpbot
August 12, 2013 2:16 pm

Mystic, what do you consider a weak Mars? Libra? Kataka?

August 12, 2013 4:02 pm
Reply to  Scorpbot

Pisces? Gemini?

Maria
Maria
August 12, 2013 2:00 pm

My daughter and i have been doing Bonfire Yoga here in Qld. Its amazing it just invigorates you. I did Bikram Yoga in UK years ago and it was amazing. No matter whats happening with him he bought us an amazing Yoga.

August 12, 2013 1:25 pm

Have talked about this with learned Psychic Aqua New Edition friend. Idea being, you don’t ‘get rid’ of emotions, you develop intimate awareness of them and where they come from. Once acknowledged you detach, building the core self. I suppose it could be likened to the Higher Self, the Director of the Selves, if you like. This is a lonely position as your responses are not reactive any more. They are cool, balanced and less immediate & therefore slightly distant. But this is the price you pay for self-control, self-awareness and impeccable judgement. It is also loving as it is… Read more »

August 12, 2013 1:35 pm
Reply to  Andromeda

I should say this detaching is a natural response of the spirit to acknowledging an issue, while not really seeking an actual result.

“Not being attached to the pool of tranquility
May I generate the flower of insight.”

Pi
Pi
August 12, 2013 1:07 pm

Speaking of liberation, I am joining an extras agency this week, when north node is conjunct my Uranus at the beginning of my 5th house Scorp. Also, transiting Uranus on my MC (and all the Zap squares), Jupiter and Mars in my 1st, and transiting 3rd house Virgo Venus closing the earth trine with my cap moon and Toro jupiter. I know these are astro details, but I can’t help but feel I could be doing more, but then again I don’t know what else I can do. Just look as hot as possible and hope that a casting director… Read more »

August 12, 2013 4:01 pm
Reply to  Pi

Thought that ‘average’ is the best look for extras? Or extremely odd. Just not better looking than the ‘talent’.

Pi
Pi
August 12, 2013 4:36 pm
Reply to  Andromeda

hmm. I’d like to be recognised for awesomeness, not averageness. but you are right. extras are just that. Which is the whole point isn’t it. what do do, what to do…

Pi
Pi
August 12, 2013 4:37 pm
Reply to  Pi

the main thing would be earning money really.

August 12, 2013 4:48 pm
Reply to  Pi

Human wall paper = $ in extra work I think.. Good luck! 🙂

seagoat
seagoat
August 12, 2013 12:38 pm

Hot yoga is just sweaty exercise in the guise of a spiritual practice.

scorpiorising
scorpiorising
August 15, 2013 1:53 am
Reply to  seagoat

Exercise is a spiritual practice and so is hot sex!

anon
anon
August 12, 2013 12:26 pm

recently reached a point where emotions manifest physically but my mind is less likely to follow on impulse and I’m able to process them by observing where they are in my body. It’s not something I’m doing on purpose, it’s just happening that way. A side effect of big spiritual changes. I always knew your body held on to things in muscle memory and many of our responses are because of neural pathways being previously burned and our bodies only knowing a certain way to respond to certain triggers but it’s pretty weird to be able to actually feel where… Read more »

ramm-madam dingdong
ramm-madam dingdong
August 12, 2013 12:50 pm
Reply to  anon

lots of nods to your above commenrts, you’re spot on with the physical manifestation of emotions .. i’m going through the same (& it’s something that I’ve sheepishly professed to others at times, but had blank stares in return). But I no longer wait for their consideration or approval – it’s just what I believe, that the core or the baseline of ALL ‘physical manifestations of pain’ is emotion. Therefore to release the pain, start work on identifying the feeling, then the cause of the emotion, THEN put the pain in motion – e’motion ie: cry, scream out the anger… Read more »

anon
anon
August 12, 2013 1:43 pm

yeah disconnecting is definitely not what I’m about but I am about not repeating the past because my body is responding to input in a routine way. Time for a new OS. Different frequency.

ramm-madam dingdong
ramm-madam dingdong
August 12, 2013 2:41 pm
Reply to  anon

‘Different frequency’.
Spot on!
Nice choice of words.

patsy
patsy
August 13, 2013 10:59 am
Reply to  anon

I practise Insight Meditation – a many thousand years old buddhist practise which sounds very similar to what you are doing. Perhaps you would like to look it up. I find the extra ordinary guidance provided by the experience / knowledge of dedicated long term practitioners immersed in an ancient system invaluable. There are common obstacles along any pathway, I am very grateful to BMIMC. They are based in the Blue Mountains if you are in the Sydney area but have small groups meeting to meditate in a few places around Sydney. About the rest of Australia/the World I don’t… Read more »

Baristagem
Baristagem
August 12, 2013 12:17 pm

Go Mystic, it looks awesome!

I just decided to commit to doing yoga (Hatha) the other day! Even though I still run every day I want to try and fit it in. I’m embracing my Mars conjunct Saturn in Virgo 6th house.

VenusRules
VenusRules
August 12, 2013 11:29 am

Day of Artemis! I’m just finishing up Stacey Schiff’s biography of Cleopatra, and the Temple of Artemis figures strategically in a few places. Has anyone ever attempted a birth chart for Cleopatra?

VenusRules
VenusRules
August 12, 2013 11:30 am
Reply to  VenusRules

Oops, I see that you have, Mystic! Of course. Off to read the archives now.

AstroGeek
AstroGeek
August 12, 2013 10:06 am

Damn … that’s good stuff. I’m often wrestling with how deeply I feel things (negative & positive) and trying to get to this place of detachment. Maybe detachment isn’t the right thing to strive for though …

Thx, Mystic.

Lux Interior is My Co-Pilot
Lux Interior is My Co-Pilot
August 12, 2013 9:39 am

This makes so much sense right now.

LeoEscapeArtist
LeoEscapeArtist
August 12, 2013 9:22 am

I hear ya, Sally!
You’re awesome, MM…yes, lots of synchronicity. The transiting NN is conjunct my Lilith and Neptune. With transiting Lilith and Jupiter coming together and…my Chiron return…damn, the time is NOW to get my emo schizz together.