Yoshihiro Akiyama – Living The Leo Dream

Leo celebrities Yoshihiro Akiyama

There are more Leo celebrities than there are of any other Zodiac sign. But Yoshihiro Akiyama is really living the Leo dream. He is HUGE in his native Japan, where he is known as “Sexyama”.

He is a musician (his cheesy ballads are sung frequently on national television) model (mostly suits) and a top 10 globally ranked U.F.C. fighter/mixed martial artist.

His signature move is a judo throw trip takedown. His vanity, particularly about his hair and sunglass collection, is legendary. But any fighter who figured that might equate to some sort of weakness has regretted it.

Plus he’s got a degree in Commerce.  Clearly, he does not suffer from Leo Self-Limiting Syndrome.

He makes theatrical entrances to his fights, reveres fashion and stages fantastic press events. If someone were genetically engineering Leo celebrities, Yoshihiro Akiyama might just be what they’d emerge with.

Yoshihiro Akiyama suit

Andromeda
Andromeda
July 21, 2013 10:53 am

Yeah I think this is a common Leo dream (well, lots of attention hungry stars of all signs have this dream).
I would love to do MMA, maybe not perform but at least have the confidence & suave to perform, plus sing well.
Why not?

I don’t see a baby at his feet as indictment tho. I have babies around my feet 24/7, it’s just what they do.. being so much shorter. 🙂

rah rah ram
rah rah ram
July 20, 2013 10:00 pm

Has to be Genki Sudo for me!!! Mystic I always hoped you’d do a post on him-he also sings/dances in a band and publishes books on what he calls “the fourth dimension”- he’s a one-in-a-million… and his entrances are just legendary…

venus in virgo
venus in virgo
July 20, 2013 8:07 pm

still intrigued. that magazine cover blows me away. powerful image. must be multi-leo, i’d say leo mars there

hdq
hdq
July 20, 2013 5:21 am

if i never have to see or hear of some burly fighter dude with a giant ego and a leo stellium again it will be too soon. i am a naive idiot. obviously. it is nice to not be conflicted for once though! 0/10 would not do, ever.

Soozieq
Soozieq
July 20, 2013 2:35 am

I love it that he’s zainichi (he’s fourth generation Japanese of Korean descent). Chip on the shoulder, proving oneself over and over again, not feeling good enough.

electric eel libran
electric eel libran
July 21, 2013 2:29 am
Reply to  Soozieq

that explains so much. probably a bit insecure.

Serenity
Serenity
July 20, 2013 2:04 am

Meh. Bet he’s got venus in cancer and loves big breasts. Mommy complex. That’s why these guys love strippers. Yeah. I see it.

venus in virgo
venus in virgo
July 20, 2013 8:11 pm
Reply to  Serenity

Not always. I have a male friend with venus in cancer and he tweets and talks a lot about food, what he’s cooking for his wife and three kids after heading home from his full time demanding job and is *A Fabulous Father*!

Scorporation, Inc.
Scorporation, Inc.
July 20, 2013 1:39 am

Have 6th house Leo. Akiyama is my 6th embodied.

Scorporation, Inc.
Scorporation, Inc.
July 20, 2013 1:22 am

I love so many japanese names. They’re lyrical, flowy.

Pi
Pi
July 20, 2013 1:09 am

If the baby were at his feet, included in the photo as cuddly worshiper by on-duty dad, rather than with his back turned and obscured by his “look at moi” selfie w/ gold phone, then that white suit photo would be totally awesome.

Scorporation, Inc.
Scorporation, Inc.
July 20, 2013 1:21 am
Reply to  Pi

Agreed.

Andromeda
Andromeda
July 20, 2013 8:13 pm
Reply to  Pi

Too true!

Fish lightly
Fish lightly
July 20, 2013 12:38 am

Tangled up with a Leo rising right now and he is a handful. Can rage more, be prettier, and catty than last Leo sun I dated. I need a really strong man though and he is that. It allows me to relax and be feminine, to not have to hold it all together all the time which is what I have to do with most other men.

pegasus
pegasus
July 19, 2013 9:46 pm

That was like watching a cock fight without the birds and spurs.
Prefer Sumo and Aikido.
Would prefer a Japanese man to one from Tasmainia. Seriously.

Did you know Geishas were originally men?? Maybe Leo Risings 😉

The Leo Socialite
The Leo Socialite
July 19, 2013 9:23 pm

OMG! The Fitspiration! Mystic i love these larger than life characters you find to illustrate the sun signs with. And such cool examples, always.

He actually has quite a good voice. I googled looking for the bit about “looks forward to moving to the sunny eastern suburbs of sydney where he hopes to service slightly older tall blonde MILFS with occult hobbies” but he is actually married to a gemini japanese model.

leogroover
leogroover
July 20, 2013 8:41 am

bugga LS. I’d fy him up to the Gold Coast ,in summer, and show him the sights and then get down and boogie Queensland style– hot and sweaty.

freedom ala air
freedom ala air
July 19, 2013 7:48 pm

Hot! Hot hot!

Domestic Triffid
Domestic Triffid
July 19, 2013 7:20 pm

Nah – its the baby for me. Makes my ovaries twitch every time.

He IS kinda cute though. Bet he’s a bugger to live with.

scorpiorising
scorpiorising
July 20, 2013 7:57 am

I wanna see that cute little baby behind him on the floor instead, in his silly selfie.

calypso
calypso
July 19, 2013 6:02 pm

there were two women always inside of me; one that was intrigued and even excited by violent displays of masculinity and one that was repulsed and bewildered….

Pi
Pi
July 19, 2013 6:19 pm
Reply to  calypso

lol!

calypso
calypso
July 19, 2013 6:24 pm
Reply to  Pi

it’s great to be able to admit that somewhere 😉

Zaiborg
Zaiborg
July 19, 2013 6:33 pm
Reply to  calypso

BOOM!
Boolya Calypso.
(So funny it hurts)

hummingbird
hummingbird
July 19, 2013 10:24 pm
Reply to  calypso

Hahaha love it! & can totally relate! Last guy I dated used to be a boxer, turned pro but hated the politics of it all so dropped out. Must say I was seriously turned on by all his stories, in the ring & street fights, that ability to defend himself (& me!) in any situation, but, yes, then a little turned off (macho, childish games etc). I was thinking could be my stellium (including Pluto) in my 8th house. Quite love & am intrigued by all that dark stuff, but then also, sigh, repulsed…

calypso
calypso
July 19, 2013 10:38 pm
Reply to  hummingbird

I had a guy like that too….it was weird to find myself turned on by that macho stuff. and it ended badly…. have you got Mars there in the 8th hummingbird?

Zaiborg
Zaiborg
July 20, 2013 1:24 am
Reply to  calypso

Yep, guilty here too. Love of my life was a martial artist. He only did a few professional fights before he realized he was far too pretty for that sh*t and it was all “not the face, not the face!” LOL
Game over.
But watching him in the ring, smelling fresh sweat and blood in the air – I’ve never been so fuqin turned on in my life, all the while simultaneously trying to resist the urge to vomit.

Scorporation, Inc.
Scorporation, Inc.
July 20, 2013 1:37 am
Reply to  Zaiborg

To borrow from Ms., “Of course you were 🙂 You’re a scorpio.”

😉

leogroover
leogroover
July 20, 2013 8:36 am
Reply to  Zaiborg

reminds me of the bedroom scene in Pulp Fiction with Bruce Willis (the boxer) and that french chick.

Anonymous
Anonymous
July 22, 2013 2:19 pm
Reply to  calypso

No but pluto – so ultra mars maybe?!

Aqua leo scorpmn
Aqua leo scorpmn
July 19, 2013 11:59 pm
Reply to  hummingbird

At 23 I had the experience of being with one too my Aqua sun Sag ASC Libra Moon Ex. Wish I hadnt deleted his chart with what I know now, im sure he had the Mars Pluto Uranus thing going on….He had videos in Holland of his fights. I was not impressed, as I think it breeds cultures of violence. Lets just say fighting with him didnt go so well and I got to see what it was like to be KOed. When we fought it was still daylight mid afternoon I was BBQing when I awoke it was night… Read more »

electric eel libran
electric eel libran
July 21, 2013 2:30 am

im glad you got away from this abuser!

aqua leo scorpmn
aqua leo scorpmn
July 21, 2013 3:14 am

me too I def learned my lesson. Were totally diff too. Im spirit, hes corporate wasnt a good mix.. he didnt get my Venus in Pisces at all, he did try tho.

Electric Eel Libran
Electric Eel Libran
July 21, 2013 1:20 pm

Aww you have Venus in Pisces! My last Aqua Ex had Venus in Pisces. I think of the Aquarians, they are the most “teddy bear”-like and the least aloof. They really do need someone to cuddle with them. I read that one astrologer dubbed them the “dream lover that will morph to whatever your desires”. So yeah you need a guy that will cuddle with you not spar with you! wtf???

Anonymous
Anonymous
July 21, 2013 1:30 pm

i had an aqua lover with Venus in Pisces and that description is spot on

PureLibra
PureLibra
July 19, 2013 5:56 pm

Sexy mountain as in you would have to climb him to mount him as he is so massive? It’s funny how he is posing in front of a baby in the mirror. and in the second clip the commentators were laughing at the fact he models. I think it was mystic that said Leo rising peeps can be more Leo than Leo suns. I have a Leo rising and am absolutely nothing like a Leo, am in no way bold or superficial, and clash with Leo women. And can’t stand Leo men. This one Leo guy tried to impress me… Read more »

Anonymous
Anonymous
July 19, 2013 6:06 pm
Reply to  PureLibra

ha! I do get that vibe around Leo men. ‘coquette’ interesting yes.

Aqua leo scorpmn
Aqua leo scorpmn
July 20, 2013 12:19 am
Reply to  Anonymous

as a leo Rising…. say your writing is far from wallflower ish. Also being a libra would make u more superficial even to the point of not being able to navel gaze enough to see that you are missing how astrology works. almost Everyone here is able to make out the patterns. Try Lookin just a tad bit deeper your almost there. Its natural to dislike or not get along with your ascendant because there suns naturally oppose your ascendant. At first I did not believe or like to think I had anything to do with leos. As I had… Read more »

aqua leo scorpmn
aqua leo scorpmn
July 20, 2013 12:28 am

sorry meant to say conjunct, Merc retro. conjunctions tend to bring competition between elements be them planets or sun on Ascendants.

aqua leo scorpmn
aqua leo scorpmn
July 20, 2013 12:41 am

for instance I had one friend leo that always compared himself with me. I do not do this as in my mind im “winning” on morals, intellect, and my deep authentic concern of general good will towards men. Which leo suns lack, naturally more people float to me because they dont see me so pushy… But alot of leos do this with me compare themselves to me. It gets annoying. of course I told him you have your parents right down the street. Just because I can get almost any guy I want doesnt mean I have it better. I… Read more »

Zaiborg
Zaiborg
July 19, 2013 5:46 pm

I have always been attracted to Japanese culture and men, but as yet have not dated one. (?)
Pretty sure it’s a past life thing that runs through my family – my sister married a Japanese Canadian (he calls himself a banana – white on the inside) and my brother married a Caucasian woman who is an ancient Japanese art expert and lecturer, and was in this wild punk rock band in Japan…

So yeah, I’d hit that.

Andromeda
Andromeda
July 19, 2013 5:39 pm

Ha! That top pic is just gorgeous. I am partial to muscular asian guys, my Gem Stellium hub being chinese/french.Sexyama, yama is mountain no? Sexy mountain alright, lol, it’s a look.

Watched Jude in ‘The talented Mr. Ripley’ the other night just for his totally iconic role as a sinuous graceful playboy.
Not that he’s my type but I could stare at him all day in that flick.
Jude singing Tu Vuo’ Fa L’Americano:

venus in virgo
venus in virgo
July 19, 2013 5:22 pm

Wow. increasingly intrigued by leo rising.

EMG
EMG
July 19, 2013 8:46 pm
Reply to  venus in virgo

I’ve posted before about this but I have a very strange habit of picking up Leo risings all the time. The past 7 years have been filled with nothing and no one but leo rising men. If he’s in my bed you can guarantee he’s got a lion on the way up!

EMG
EMG
July 19, 2013 8:47 pm
Reply to  EMG

But as to this one, nah just not my scene, although I do admire his body.

hummingbird
hummingbird
July 19, 2013 10:26 pm
Reply to  EMG

Likewise EMG, not my cup of tea, but his body is HOT

aqua leo scorpmn
aqua leo scorpmn
July 20, 2013 12:31 am
Reply to  hummingbird

I thought this guy was black.. lol
what kind of look is he going for…
Japfrican?

electric eel libran
electric eel libran
July 21, 2013 2:16 am

It may surprise you but many asians are or can get quite dark. Usually light skin is coveted because it denotes that you don’t do physical labour for a living so people spend a lot of money on lighteners and staying out of the sun. The ability to change such dramatic colour is natural for us and probably allowed ancestors to migrate and live in a range of climates.

aqua leo scorpmn
aqua leo scorpmn
July 21, 2013 3:11 am

I did not know u were asian, my sisters step mom is, shes as Sagi with the same pluto 11 degrees behind her moon. I always get along with her more than my family.

Shes not very empathetic but shes always there for whatever I may find be it light or dark.

Electric Eel Libran
Electric Eel Libran
July 21, 2013 5:09 am

I’m actually a multi-racial mix, not full blood anything except maybe a full blood PITA.

Pin It on Pinterest