“Wild” Was A Pluto Conjunct Neptune Transit

cheryl-strayed-wild

The journey that Cheryl Strayed describes so evocatively in Wild – made into a Reese Witherspoon movie was a Pluto conjunct Neptune transit. I read Wild by Cheryl Strayed last year and adored it. I just thought of it again now, learning about the Nick Hornby adaptation. It’s been called a grungier version of Eat, Pray Love but it’s way more than that. In her mid-20s, Strayed (she changed her name after a first divorce) was crashing hard via grief, an abusive background, drugs, and another messy divorce. Instinctively, with no prior hiking experience and clearly in an intense transit (more on this soon), she heads off to hike the officially challenging nearly 5000 kilometers long Pacific Crest Trail in California. It takes three months, is an epic journey and ends up being a brilliant book.

She Did The Life-Altering Impulse 5000 Km Trek During Her Pluto Conjunct Neptune Transit

At one point in her trip, her toenails ripped off and facing a particularly hideous climb; she recalls an earlier encounter with an astrologer. It’s an interesting anecdote and worth reading beyond what I’ve extracted here.

“…I thought of the woman I always thought of in such moments: an astrologer who’d read my natal chart when i was 23. A friend had arranged for the reading as a going away gift just before I left Minnesota for New York city. The astrologer was a no-nonsense middle aged woman named Pat who sat me down at her kitchen table with a piece of paper covered in mysterious markings and a quietly whirring tape recorder between us.

I didn’t put much faith in it. I thought it would be a bit of fun, an ego-boosting session dureing which she’d say generic things like You have a kind heart. But she didn’t. Or rather, she said those things, but she also said bizarrely specific things that were so accurate and particular, so simultaneously consoling and upsetting that it was all i could do not to bawl in recognition and grief.

A Virgo, with a Moon in Leo and Gemini Rising

“How can you know this,?” I kept demanding. And then I would listen as she explained about the planets, the sun and the moon, the ‘aspects’ and the moment i was born. about what it meant to be a Virgo, with a Moon in Leo and Gemini Rising.  I’d nod while thinking this is a bunch of crazy New age anti intellectual bullshit. And then she’d say another thing that would blow my brain into about seven thousand pieces because it was so true.”

Cheryl Strayed is a Virgo but more to the point her Sun is bang-on Pluto & Uranus. The Uranus-Pluto conjunction is the signature Outer Planet aspect for Generation X. When you have an inner point like the Sun (or Moon) conjunct these generational planets (they are so slow-moving that they define generations, more than individuals), you’re a lightning rod for your generation. Sun conjunct Pluto and Uranus is also a high-vibe genius, erratic Change Agent of a person.

The epic, life-altering hike that was to change everything took place over her Pluto conjunct Neptune transit – the classic quarter-life crisis or mid-20s transformation. Pluto crossing over your natal Neptune forces growth and rips off the veil of your delusions. It’s often more surreal and mythical in tone than the worldly Saturn Return a few years later. And, it is once in a lifetime. It’s psychologically defining. We step out of the person we thought we were – or tried to be for our tribe – and into a more authentic us. But it’s raw, libidinal and non-stop cathartic.

It’s A Plutonic Trip That Will Authenticate You, Ready Or Not

Doing a Wild type transformation is a fantastic way to align with the Change Gods. But even if you’re at home, in your natural environs, it’s a Plutonic trip that will authenticate you ready or not. You become aware of Shadow Selves within you. And, like any Pluto transit, if you’re not too busy resisting it, you gain tremendous life force and Phoenix power.

Astro-Fiends, Strayed also has her Mercury-Venus in the 5th House opposite Saturn. SO she has to write & tell these compelling stories and that Saturn sting cannot be separated from the process. It’s a brilliant book. As this article entertainingly relates, she has copped from flak from various reviewers for her searing honesty re drugs, sex & divorce. But how else to play Mercury-Saturn? That’s an aspect where you write your pain out, where it’s therapy. And – bonus points for extra Saturnine zeal – you could turn it into an amazing career + super-meaningful book.

Thoughts?

July 19, 2013 3:24 am

I mean, do you have a website/your creations online? Pardon me: trying to swim & keep my phone out of the lake all at the same time.

July 19, 2013 3:25 am

Oh ffs– that goes to Andro above. *gurgle*

July 19, 2013 5:24 pm

You so sweet Sci Inc!
No I don’t have my website up.
I have the text, I have the artwork – but the site isn’t up as I am simply too occupied being deep in the midst of the physical healing side of the autism journey.
It’s coming soon and Spirit sends me clients somehow or another in the meantime.
My moon in Scorp precludes me from linking it to this website when it is up, I am a bit shy. 😛

Anonymous
Anonymous
July 20, 2013 1:02 am
Reply to  Andromeda

P.s. where the hell do you live? Lake blogging?!!!
Fabulous!! 😀

flowerchild
flowerchild
July 18, 2013 4:58 pm

I have *natal* Pluto on an angle, on the IC. It’s also opposed Mars, exactly conjunct the MC. Transiting Pluto is now conjunct my Descendant. Angles, angles, angles…….but what I really need is some ANGELS to help me with this! ha ha..! …actually I’m not kidding, they are the only ones who can help sometimes. That natal Pluto/Mars opposition I have, revved up by being angular, is really intense. I have an enormous amount of anger. There, I said it. It’s always been there and never seems to dissipate. I try to work with it. It’s like a burning furnace… Read more »

July 18, 2013 8:47 pm
Reply to  flowerchild

better out than in, as they say FC x

July 19, 2013 2:23 am
Reply to  calypso

I was looking for your lilth-mars comment. I am not sure what to say about it. I don’t understand my lilth-moon either. Good thing MMs writing the book

flowerchild
flowerchild
July 19, 2013 3:24 am
Reply to  calypso

🙂

July 19, 2013 12:23 am
Reply to  flowerchild

Yes, a little different from yours, but i have natal Mars square Pluto opposition Sun square Mars.

The anger saved me, literally, it walked me through a fire, burning with my own fire.

It’s hard to carry in ‘peacetime’ though. Sort of like finding a spot for the mortar weapon in your lounge cabinet.

July 19, 2013 12:33 am
Reply to  flowerchild

The rage shouldn’t cause guilt, i guess, but there’s your Pluto, your Shadow. We should be able to celebrate the willpower and drive it gives us but it’s also a frightening force. I’ve seen even aggro men shrink back from me when in those (rare) moments. It’s something beyond exercising off or channelling into martial arts. Less of a fire that burns out than a sheet of atomic lightning that rings out . I know how it feels in the aftermath. I’m sending a big soft hug and fixing a metaphorical blanket over you xx

flowerchild
flowerchild
July 19, 2013 3:23 am
Reply to  milleunanotte

Thanks so much for your empathy, mille. It also helps to know I’m not the only one and the reminder that there is a productive use for the anger if it can be harnessed astutely. Thanks also for mentioning that it shouldn’t cause guilt, because that is something I struggle with. I feel bad about having this energy, which is almost worse than having the energy in the first place. And of course, most other people are right in there ready to make you feel bad about having your anger. I’ve been working on this my whole life….it helps so… Read more »

July 19, 2013 2:20 am
Reply to  flowerchild

Anger has to be burned off. Exercise or growling – but something physical. You don’t have to act on it or direct it on anyone but I highly recommend something physical to release it. If you try to chill or supress it you can end up sick. Seriously, if you’re feeling down just try the growl. It works. And feelings are just that. Anger doesn’t mean you’re bad or dangerous or need to worry it just means you need to take some action. You have a choice about how to express it.

July 19, 2013 2:25 am

I really feel for you and the transhits you’re under. The best i can suggest for self care is to create a safe space where you can release feelings without fret of social judgement. Good luck.

flowerchild
flowerchild
July 19, 2013 3:33 am

Thanks for the tip, 12HV, I will try the growling! I agree, that there is a physical aspect to this anger that needs to be released. The other aspect is the inner roiling furnace that we were speaking of above, but yes, some energy has got to give somewhere…. Way better to exercise or do some sounding than punch someone out! ….I’ve always had enough control over it all to stop short of doing something drastic like that, though, luckily… My Pluto is in Virgo, and Mars in Pisces, and that Pisces is the saving grace of this configuration, I… Read more »

July 19, 2013 6:56 am

Guilt is much worse than having the power. I understand why you would wish for more support, but as a mars pluto person myself I’ve realized people can’t support me in the way i’d like because they don’t have the energy or power to make things happen like I do. Sometimes rage is a supressed fantasy and it can be scary to let the vision be seen if only by your own eyes. But, I repeat, you must create a safe space to express yourself, even if only in your own mind, in all your full power. Trust in your… Read more »

July 18, 2013 4:39 pm

Pluto square Saturn (2nd) Survival issues
Pluto square Venus (1) Female sexuality issues
Pluto opposition MC – the public mask always dropping issues
Pluto in the 4th (yuck!)

And fuq me if Pluto wasn’t transiting my NN & squaring my MC the year I left my south american mess of life to return to Oz & study hypno.

July 18, 2013 4:50 pm
Reply to  Andromeda

Oh, plus Pluto conjunct the IC..
The pressure cooker of family life.. transformation of the family tree?

I have a few clients who are having so much past life connection to their family.
Healing themselves is healing their family tree.
I really don’t have this experience!
I have had very few past life connections to my family that have surfaced, very tenuous connections.

Powerful stuff with my husband though, which is much more important to me.

July 18, 2013 11:54 pm
Reply to  Andromeda

You’re a hypnotist? My dear Libran mentor & friend was a hypnotist (among other things), & I find hypnotism fascinating.

Ms.
Ms.
July 19, 2013 12:15 am

of course you do, you’re a scorpio :p x

July 19, 2013 12:38 am
Reply to  Ms.

Nothing like stating the obvious, huh? 😛 xo to you, Ms.

July 19, 2013 1:59 am

I’m coming over all vaudeville at being called a hypnotist! 🙂
As I prefer and engage in shamanism as a modality, I guess the label would be post-modern urban shaman?!
Started out with hypnotherapy but quickly found that I was seeing stuff that was only addressed by shamanic practice.
Had to change my major, lol.

July 19, 2013 2:59 am
Reply to  Andromeda

“Post modern urban shaman”: ooh, I like that. My friend would have liked that, too; he could definitely be described as a shaman, still.

Majors are so narrow. I struggled with that, double-majoring for a time, adding a minor, changing my minor, dropping the minor, changing the major, adding a concentration, changing track… Uni didn’t get my Piscean multi-facetness, I didn’t get their tunnel vision.

Are you writing, Andromeda? I remember you are painting. I would like to see it. All of it.

July 19, 2013 5:14 pm

Ha ha, I have a Piscean MC, that never made any sense till I discovered shamanism! I majored & minored in many things till I allowed myself to go there. 🙂 Well I write down my experiences in that trance state, which I find exciting! Some of it is channelling, some of it client’s experiences through my eyes. My painting career came to a short sharp end when I hired someone to do the art for my website for me. My vision & my abilities were not .. in harmony. Believe me you do not want to see ANY of… Read more »

Zaiborg
Zaiborg
July 18, 2013 4:28 pm

I have Pluto and Uranus conjunct at 17deg Virgo in the 6th house.
Oh. FUQ.
I’m fuqin fuqed.
*goes back to self imposed vow of silence*

July 18, 2013 4:40 pm
Reply to  Zaiborg

Surprising healings?
Unconventional pets?
Lol. Good luck 🙂

July 18, 2013 8:49 pm
Reply to  Andromeda

vampire kitty? lol x

July 19, 2013 2:05 am
Reply to  calypso

Ha! Where is that Alien of Saturn? I wanted to show her that cute kitty. Perfect Scorpio pet.

S
S
July 18, 2013 2:45 pm

Thankyou for this post MM. Always good to hear about a person living their life; planted (or planets) in the drivers seat and not relegated to the back seat.
I have Sun, Moon and Mercury all squaring Pluto….Does that mean I kiss goodbye to the idea of normalcy? But then again Venus squares my Ascendant and Mars squares Saturn too. One thing is for sure: a detailed astro consult to understand your geometric ball of natal wax is money well spent.

July 18, 2013 4:41 pm
Reply to  S

Geometric ball of natal wax. Wow S.

July 18, 2013 2:19 pm

Uranus went rx today, in my first house. I feel the shift. The sirens are wailing off in the distance. It’s off topic, in the tropics where I live. And that cheezy little fuqer’s face on Rolling Stone like some goddamm rock star… They’re selling pretzels again at Coney Island, planning bake sales in Newtown. It hasn’t even been a year. Gaping holes in my yard where trees used to be, taken out by the stirring of opposites, and me left here to consider correlations. Life and death, never one or the other.

oneironaut
oneironaut
July 18, 2013 12:36 pm

I adore this book and also tiny beautiful things. Please interview her!!! Pluto has been rolling over my ic (0 cap) and neptune (3 cap) for a while now. i don’t think of my life as amazingly topsy turvy adventuresome but i have gone through some absolute crap, father passed away (Saturninvolved), lots of seeing loved ones in hospitals, and career-wise anew confidence-wise i’m somewhere else.completely from what i used to be. also i’m currently living in the outback which just strikes me as amusing knowing my younger self. Radical thought: what if what i thought was the zap zone… Read more »

Panda Girl
Panda Girl
July 19, 2013 9:40 am
Reply to  oneironaut

I second the write like a motherfuqer essay – I read it about once a week and the first time I read it I cried.

Her collection of rumpus “Dear Sugar” articles Tiny Beautiful Things is divine as well. 😀 😀

toromojorising
toromojorising
July 18, 2013 11:20 am

Whoa. Am in the very same Pacific Coast area now (albeit in a car) and JUST saw this book in a bookstore in the town of Carmel, about an hour ago. Was going to buy it, but put it back on the shelf. #travelausteritymeasures

July 18, 2013 4:42 pm
Reply to  toromojorising

Just reserved it at the library
#domesticausteritymeasures
🙂

July 18, 2013 11:09 am

I don’t know what kind of havoc transiting Pluto is causing in my life right now: I’m too busy to look it up.

July 18, 2013 11:15 am

But I will say this re the massive grand water trine energy that’s in the air right now: holy shitballs. We are having a heat wave with indexes above 100 F, with 83% humidity.

83% humidity! I can barely breathe.

July 18, 2013 4:43 pm

I love humidity.. We are having a sideways storm right now. Golden sun & storming skys.

July 18, 2013 11:47 pm
Reply to  Andromeda

That sounds gorgeous, Andromeda! A real treat.

This air mirrors my natal chart, as my chart is also 80-some % water. Had me thinking that I need to work my airy bits more (ie, Libra), then the oracle told me to go Venusian today, so there you go. Even my Libra/7th house is saturated, though, with that Pluto-Moon conjunction, so these next couple of days will be a challenge. Oh, why wasn’t I born with gills? These lungs are out of place.

July 19, 2013 2:14 am

Am sure you make a marvellous aquatic ape! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquatic_ape_hypothesis
Needing gills too what with my Scorpy Moon, Cancer Merc, Venus, & Saturn.
Good luck with that Pluto Moon conjunction, perhaps a pearl from the depths appears?

July 19, 2013 2:33 am
Reply to  Andromeda

There’s a retro throwback to end all retro throwbacks! Haha Damn paparazzi: always catching me just before I get in for a wax.

Speaking of wax, I think I have enough in my hair today to make a tall pillar candle in lighter temps.

I first read “littoral” as “clittoral”. Hey oh!

Anonymous
Anonymous
July 19, 2013 4:50 pm

🙂

MiloBloom
MiloBloom
July 18, 2013 10:04 am

Pluto crossed my Midheaven in 2010 (three times: February, June, December). The worst year: lost my dream job (almost to the exact day in June!) because one of my superiors needed to throw his weight around and make a power play…making me the collateral damage. 2010 was also the year of my Saturn Return – horrible timing… Cue 2012: Pluto square my Ascendant (three times again: February, June, December). Broke up with my boyfriend, seriously considered leaving my 15-year career. Basically, an identity crisis. Still not fully recovered from that. Pluto hitting your angles is No. Joke. Those of us… Read more »

Pi
Pi
July 18, 2013 9:54 am

venus in libra has a libido?

pluto square MC info helpful thanks.

I am secretly amazed that a VIRGO just upped and went on a 5000km hike zero planning.

not sure if these tales annoy me because I am like “pffff, as if everyone doesn’t do this at some stage of their lives, what makes you so special, little miz ‘i couldn’t go a week without a pedicure then i discovered hiking boots and bhang lassi?” versus “i wish i could get off my backside and publish a book.”

Pi
Pi
July 18, 2013 9:56 am
Reply to  Pi

sorry. bit catty re venus in Libra call. think is residual annoyance at A Leo. redacted (in theory)

July 18, 2013 11:22 am
Reply to  Pi

yes, Venus in Libra does have a libido Pi! Or maybe I’m getting it mixed up with my Scorpy and toro bits, dunno. But, a thought: can Venus in Libra be a bit limp? i.e. prone to suppression? I know I have had loooong dry periods and sucked it up for some reason.

No offence taken xx

Scorpbot
Scorpbot
July 19, 2013 4:46 pm
Reply to  calypso

Hm… I think your Scorpy and toro bits are interfering 🙂 I think Librans’ libidos depend on surroundings and beauty. All the “airy” stuff. It’s not a physical lustiness like the earth signs. Thank god for my Scorp bits and Mars in Virgo because I can’t get in the mood if the music is crap or the places smells bad, they’re not smart or don’t know the art of conversation. Men with Libran planets do it for me because they understand the art of nuance !! Trés important!! I’m okay with long dry spells too as long as there’s a… Read more »

July 19, 2013 5:07 pm
Reply to  Scorpbot

ack! I wasted a lot of time on crushes in the past, i don’t want to do that anymore.

Right….so interesting about your take on VinL, and I get that Librans are all about the romance, right? but Mystic is suggesting above that they’re keen, no?

Speaking of which, I am so keen right now, is this Grand Water Trine activating something? I gotta organise my life better….

Pi
Pi
July 18, 2013 10:01 am
Reply to  Pi

also, srsly fuq all the reviewers who had a problem with her honesty – how many men’s tales involve such philandering. ahhhhh a big UP YOURS to their crusty ideas of appropriateness

Raché (Aqua/Tauri)
Raché (Aqua/Tauri)
July 18, 2013 10:48 am
Reply to  Pi

Who DOESN’T have travel flings? WTF.

Lux Interior is My Co-Pilot
Lux Interior is My Co-Pilot
July 18, 2013 11:04 am

They had a problem with her flings?? For shame!

I love anything where someone finds an excellent astrologer and gets their mind blown!
Really gladdens the heart.

I went to a “psychic” once who was just terrible. Awful. I walked out of there crying, her energy was just so negative and agressive. A real qi-vamp.
I also went to an amazing tarot reader who was absolutely bang-on.

July 19, 2013 12:48 am

I don’t. There are some souvenirs I don’t want to take home (eg, herpes, gonorrhea)…

I like coffee mugs with my vacay spot on them. Or ashtrays. Maybe a tshirt. But sex? That’s a keepsake I can’t upcycle to Goodwill when I’m through with it.

hdq
hdq
July 18, 2013 9:37 am

pluto was still 5 degrees off my neptune when i chucked it all and hit the road. by the time it actually hit i’d been through hell and back and was all 1st house saturn employee of the year at a ski resort. on the PCT, coincidentally, though i never did more than a day hike. 3 weeks on the AT as a teenager shifted some serious shizz though. my piscean brother is actually on it (the appalachian trail) right now. pluto’s on his jupiter and his saturn return is looming. he just finished spending a year and a half… Read more »

aqua leo scorpmn
aqua leo scorpmn
July 18, 2013 10:21 am
Reply to  hdq

Pluto will hit my sun when im 87… since I already experienced Pluto moon a a child, Id say dont exactly wanna be around when it happens. 🙂

hdq
hdq
July 19, 2013 4:30 am

Oh yeah I hear ya. I feel like my childhood was one big Pluto opposition too. Enough!

I got all excited that I’d be done soon but no. Will hit my aqua MC when I’m only 60 and square all my early fixed stuff before that. But into Pisces in only 2044- you must be older than I’d pictured you as…

aqua leo scorpmn
aqua leo scorpmn
July 19, 2013 7:21 am
Reply to  hdq

hashtag empathy lol… Im thirty 3

Kimmy
Kimmy
July 18, 2013 7:47 am

Love this post, Mystic. It’s the examples of these kinds of placements, and what people ‘do’ with them in real life that make the array of transits and aspects meaningful. Any time Pluto is linked to the angles, like we were saying, you get this kind of ‘life or death’ feeling. It’s a really big deal (no matter what it looks like from the outside). It hits in a visceral way, and it creates change, the kind that begins with a ‘death’ and catapults into a new life, new understanding. Pluto creates a very particular kind of change, and when… Read more »

bluesky
bluesky
July 18, 2013 8:34 am
Reply to  Kimmy

Wow! “expressing to the collective” I just began a series of transcriptional posts about this very same urge (and I have Sun, Uranus, Pluto conjunct natally with significant transits now). I feel hugely compelled to begin a project for the collective that has been brewing for a while and I keep making tiny steps toward it while, in truth, dragging my heels and putting it off. But now it feels like I am not allowed to put it off. It feels like something else is guiding/driving me, but I like it. It’s just I have never been convinced I could… Read more »

AirOnFire
AirOnFire
July 18, 2013 10:02 am
Reply to  bluesky

I’m an idiot. For not realizing sooner that I have pluto currently squaring my natal moon and about to square MC, IC and natal saturn. I am having a lot of trouble on the home front lately. My boy was just diagnosed with mild ASD and my girl is possibly on the spectrum too. Both at home, refusing to go to school. I feel like it is all falling apart, they are disconnected from me and everything that used to be *normal*.. We are doing therapy but it’s not bringing significant results. I feel like it may come to a… Read more »

July 18, 2013 10:53 am
Reply to  AirOnFire

Hello! Did you read my comment a couple of posts (I think) ago? I’m in the same boat as you: I am a single parent (really single: my son’s father hasn’t done child support or visits in five years), my son is also mild asd (ie, Aspergers), & we are beginning at-home virtual school this coming year. He’s starting 2nd grade. I get how you feel it’s absurd, because it sounds/looks impossible. Like the hugest mountain to climb! Yep, I hear that. But, it’s time to lace up our boots. What was *is* falling apart– so we can make it… Read more »

July 18, 2013 11:00 am

And I forgot to say, therapy/counseling alone won’t get your little ones too far; really needs to be handled holistically. Nutrition, addressing toxicity & allergies, behavioral-cognitive therapies– simultaneously. I also tend to my guy’s spiritual & astro sides. And it takes time & a lot of trial & error: every kid is different, every asd is different.

Just, one day at a time. xx

Aquasunbird
Aquasunbird
July 18, 2013 11:59 pm

My ex-neighbour is part of a collective, network that choose to homeschool and I believe she attended an interesting conference on homeschooling. It was more broad in its approach, but along similar lines. In being part of this her children belong to a community, and her parents are less isolated too. There are statistics to state homeschooling is on the rise, can be structured and organised, and is legitimate. Many choose it for very different reasons. I know my Mother in Law regrets not homeschooling one of her three now adult children, the one which unfortunately did not pursue anything… Read more »

AirOnFire
AirOnFire
July 19, 2013 4:48 pm
Reply to  Aquasunbird

I have a close friend who is unschooling her kids, and that is what I would do if I was homeschooling. But for us, long-term unschooling/homeschooling is not a viable option. I am just taking them out of school to reconnect/recover/regroup.

July 18, 2013 11:34 am
Reply to  AirOnFire

You have to make your own choice based on what you value most about your time and your life and (here’s the hard part) have faith that the next step will appear when you need it. That last bit is damned near impossible. But you WILL learn what your values and powers really are, no matter what you think they should be. I share this after going through a very difficult Pluto transit. Good luck

Raché (Aqua/Tauri)
Raché (Aqua/Tauri)
July 18, 2013 12:30 pm
Reply to  AirOnFire

How old are each of them? I was dx’d ASD before the criteria changed and my sister is has sensory processing disorder. I personally believe it’s not a disorder but a subset of personality traits, genetic… Anyways. I did great in school up until middle 8th grade. When all the social rules changed and people began to bully me my world fell apart. 🙁 Not to pressure you but if they are around that age it’s my opinion that it is a critical time because of the changing social dynamics and the “rules” changing (oh, how we love rules!). I… Read more »

AirOnFire
AirOnFire
July 18, 2013 9:04 pm

Thanks you,Scorporation, Inc.,12th house virgo and Raché. I really appreciate your comments. My boy is 8 and my girl is 11. My son is a scorpio sun, aqua rising, cancer moon and my daughter is cancer sun, leo rising, sag moon. DS has a sensory processing disorder which is probably closely related to ASD, and my DD has trichotillomania as well as some similar issues to her brother’s.. Both are very bright, have always been doing well at school academically though my son had a harder time adjusting to an institution (which is what school is, let’s face it). Now… Read more »

July 18, 2013 9:59 pm
Reply to  AirOnFire

Such big news, I so feel for you AoF. The following clinic helped a friend of mine very much. Also I am in the process of working with them too for my autistic 3.5 year old. I don’t know where you are but they do online consultations. http://www.adhd.com.au/
They are the only people here that I have found that do the latest ABA, ESDM, etc. plus actual brain scanning, dna checks, diet – the whole package! Wishing you best of luck & strength, you sound totally wonderful.

AirOnFire
AirOnFire
July 19, 2013 12:31 am
Reply to  Andromeda

Thanks, Andromeda x I wish the clinic was in my state.. Skype/telephone consultations make me a bit nervous (that is why I still haven’t had the cosmic consult with MM!). Well, at least now I have an idea of what to look for in treatment approach.

July 19, 2013 7:57 am
Reply to  AirOnFire

break out AoF! good luck x

Anonymous
Anonymous
July 18, 2013 1:24 pm
Reply to  Kimmy

ah, thank you kimmy

Ms.
Ms.
July 18, 2013 7:43 pm
Reply to  Kimmy

you have such a talent for explaining things, in gemini we trust 🙂

VenusRules
VenusRules
July 18, 2013 7:44 am

That whole Eat-Pray-$$$$ thing is exactly why I can’t bring myself to buy or read this book. Also: Have survived a lifetime of Pluto transits, and I sure as hell don’t have a book contract to talk about me, myself, I, and more about me.

Electric Eel Libran
Electric Eel Libran
July 18, 2013 6:19 am

It may sound not serious, but a ripped toenail has ended many a hike. It’s very serious. I’m surprised she made it at all.

I say this as a Sagg rising…a trail is..no problem for me. I’ve done this one before. Appalachian Trail is much harder. But i guess this stuff is really hard for Virgos esp ones with Leo and Gemini.

justrusty
justrusty
July 18, 2013 7:47 am

Why would this be hard for Virgos with Leo and Gemini?

Electric Eel Libran
Electric Eel Libran
July 18, 2013 9:06 am
Reply to  justrusty

idk. Just seems like the outdoors is the not made for them. I take along Virgo and Leo friends and they whine incessantly about not having a hair dryer or urban comfort first. They are the ones that get bit/threatened by insects or wild animals first.

July 18, 2013 11:04 am

I LOVE the outdoors. It’s the only place where I don’t have a list of things in mind that would make it “perfect” because it already is. Lots of Libra in my chart and Leo moon too. Sorry to bust your theory. 🙂

electric eel libran
electric eel libran
July 18, 2013 3:01 pm

1 virgo doesnt blow a theory. surely you have something in saggo too?

July 19, 2013 2:10 am

NN and neptune

cancer63
cancer63
July 18, 2013 5:53 am

An absolutely amazing life story! I can thoroughly recommend a long hike to clear the cobwebs of your mind and emerge triumphant

cosmic fleece
cosmic fleece
July 18, 2013 5:04 am

wow.
ordered a copy.

Do you guys know about this Isle of Man/UK book firm ?
free world wide delivery, ,$11AUD. Ace. (takes 10 working days max to deliver – to Aust.)

cosmic fleece
cosmic fleece
July 18, 2013 5:10 am
Reply to  cosmic fleece

She has another one too, ( http://www.bookdepository.com/Tiny-Beautiful-Things-Cheryl-Strayed/9781782390695?b=-3&t=-20#Fulldescription-20 ) answering questions like as an Agony Aunt sort of thing..

Reminded me of Uber Virgos comment a few years ago when i mentioned both therapists (Speech and OT for spectrum boys) were Virgos..she said ”Aren’t all Virogs Therapists?”

It would be lovely to see Uber Virgo back here, i hope she is having a sunshiney time!

cosmic fleece
cosmic fleece
July 18, 2013 5:12 am
Reply to  cosmic fleece

Apologies for Virog spello ! Not intentionally trying to wind up Virgos…xx

fluidfeline
fluidfeline
July 18, 2013 10:48 am
Reply to  cosmic fleece

Hey Cosmic, just ordered a copy too. Strangely I discovered this online bookshop last week – was looking for a particular book as a gift for a friend doing it tough in rehab. Great prices and free delivery, what’s not to like. And I miss Uber Virgo too 🙁 Wonder where she’s at.

cosmic fleece
cosmic fleece
July 19, 2013 6:38 am
Reply to  fluidfeline

Greetings Fluid,
May i pry and ask which book you were looking for, for your rehab friend ? have a friend cleaning up at the mo, and any guidance on cool reads would be brill.

It would be lovely to see Uber pop up again.

fluidfeline
fluidfeline
July 20, 2013 7:24 pm
Reply to  cosmic fleece

Hey Cosmic, the book is Rachel’s Holiday by Marian Keyes (Irish Novelist). Besides being hilarious and deeply sad novel, I think it’s based on a true experience from memory. There’s a part in it where Rachel acknowledges she’d rather wake up with the gypsy’s dog than be alone; and this is huge for a lot of addicts, including my friend: they find it difficult to be with themselves sans substance, too much pain. Another good one is “A Million Little Pieces” by James Frey but ’tis a lot more hardcore. He originally claimed it to be autobiographical but has since… Read more »

K-Gem
K-Gem
July 18, 2013 4:20 am

Looked at a Pluto ephemeris (Astrodienst- the outer planet cycles one) to understand when Pluto was conjunct my neptune (15 Deg scorpio) – was around November 1989 going into around October-November 1990 when taking the Rx motion into account and then again around July 1991 with a further Rx period. Would mean Pluto sextile pluto slightly earlier than that around May 1988 (but again with Rx to extend time frame). BIG change time for me was pluto opposite my sun (and square pluto) around June 4 2001 (June 4 is b-day and this opposition was exact within a few minutes)… Read more »

Raché (Aqua/Tauri)
Raché (Aqua/Tauri)
July 18, 2013 3:43 am

Oh shit. I always go on about how Pluto on my Venus resulted in me boarding a plane abroad for the first time ever alone with no plans and falling into a crazy love story, but I’m just realizing that Pluto was on my Neptune this last year when everything went all crazy with the ADHD meds, drinking, avoiding the world to study philosophy and math and optical computing. EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE. I always wonder about the astrology of major change or running away from everything you know. I love those breakthrough moments. But for now…Saturn girl. 😀 I don’t… Read more »

Raché (Aqua/Tauri)
Raché (Aqua/Tauri)
July 18, 2013 3:50 am

Wait; RE-DO. Pluto was moving off Neptune then but still close (within 2 degrees), like I was picking up the pieces. It was directly ON Neptune when I got abandoned by Venus-Pluto transit international boyfriend dude and I came home with nothing, became a stripper, and lived in a warehouse with a slide, a pole, a dance studio I built, and no shower (I was in great shape, because I was at the YMCA EVERY DAY lol). Funny…during that period my life looked so chaotic or crazy from the outside but I was 100% sober and spent all my free… Read more »

Raché (Aqua/Tauri)
Raché (Aqua/Tauri)
July 18, 2013 3:53 am

Also; I am confused. My Neptune is at 6.5 Capricorn; does that mean I am still feeling it now at 9? When is a transit considered finished?

aqua leo scorpmn
aqua leo scorpmn
July 19, 2013 7:48 am

I just seen on the TrutherGirls youtube page that the guy who claimed ADHD into existence, made a death bed confession that he made it up…

+ the FDA making poop to be classified as a drug lol just make me laugh at more of the the medical mafia

K-Gem
K-Gem
July 18, 2013 3:38 am

Saw on her Twitter feed that she is open to an interview with you MM. Look forward to it and now keen to read the book.

July 18, 2013 4:52 pm
Reply to  K-Gem

*Like* 😀

Fishgirl
Fishgirl
July 18, 2013 12:46 am

Absolutely loved this book, wept with recognition at how she described grief, the scene with her horse (I won’t ruin it for people who haven’t read it yet) had me howling. Loved her waitressing and hiking with $20 for weeks, i could completely relate. Wished i’d seen her at the sidney writer’s festival!
And yeah, Mystic, love the bit she says after the astro passage about growing up without a father. Bloody brilliant book…

Fishgirl
Fishgirl
July 18, 2013 12:49 am
Reply to  Fishgirl

Sydney! Oops. And not brilliant, but very very real and good for understanding grief and the ways we all react to it… I loved that she had to do something ‘tough’ to break her pattern. And nature, how healing is nature? I leant this book to a friend who lost her mum last year and i want it back! Beautiful writing.

Double Happiness
Double Happiness
July 18, 2013 7:59 am
Reply to  Fishgirl

Hahaha… the hitch hiking with nothing for kicks, living below the poverty line, tick, waitressing, yep, lust, yep again, Virgo…. Trekking for months ummm not so much

Anonymous
Anonymous
July 18, 2013 12:12 am

I have the same mercury venus opposing saturn in the 5th in libra as her and astrologers always tell me I have books in me that can change lives. First I change my own though.

July 18, 2013 12:00 am

Isn’t she “dear sugar” too?

Pluto on my IC was the roughest transit ever. Went well with saturn in virgo, ffs. Met my demons for sure.

aqua leo scorpmn
aqua leo scorpmn
July 18, 2013 10:24 am

so true, the ages of 5-15 were not exactly easy for me being IC is conjunct moon also…
Its dam hard being born with your moon in front of the old “soul crusher”.. lol

July 18, 2013 10:35 am

i geddit, in my natal chart Pluto is followed by Uranus Venus Jupiter Mercury Sun. sheesh.

July 18, 2013 11:27 am

Today is the first day I felt OK since Pluto started on my IC. And that was in 2006/7. I feel OK as the power in my life. Not the supernatural. Not the idealistic love story. Just me – the one who makes my actions happen. A colleague contacted to me today – first day at my new job – to let me know that he got fired from the same place that fired me for being a Virgo. And I realized as I told him, you can’t make yourself fit a situation that doesn’t fit you. You can’t change… Read more »

aqua leo scorpmn
aqua leo scorpmn
July 19, 2013 7:14 am

just dont pick up anymore orbs of evil.. 🙂

& I have tuns of late 70s 80s Nu Disco you could work out to fit the occasion..

Scorp Sun/Rising
Scorp Sun/Rising
July 17, 2013 11:48 pm

I loved this book!! It was like being on the trek with her.You never really know what’s around the next switchback. Highly recommend.

Kat
Kat
July 17, 2013 11:42 pm

Transit Pluto on IC for friend emerging from coma- had heart stop- Uranus was dead on Sun. Now literally sleep walking, sitting up, turning head, reacting to flavors, but still in Dreamland. Prayers and conventional plus alternative medicines working miracles. She wasn’t expected to survive but every day is closer to the surface.

Kat
Kat
July 17, 2013 11:24 pm

Is Uranus opposing her Libran Venus?

Anonymous
Anonymous
July 17, 2013 11:20 pm

sounds grungy.

Ms.
Ms.
July 17, 2013 11:17 pm

I have Pluto square Midheaven/ MC right now.. feeling everything to do with it and all path straying HARD.